PDA

View Full Version : How far are we from having a female President?

Nightwish
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
How far away do you think we are from having a female President? I don't mean necessarily Hillary or Condaleeza Rice, but just generally, how far off do you think we are from having gender no longer be a major hindrance to electability?

Poll to follow.

JBucc
06-20-2006, 05:05 PM
WTF?

Nightwish
06-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Oops, sorry, meant to post this in the Lounge. Could a mod please move this either there or to DC?

jspchief
06-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I chose "not in our lifetime" because it fits closest to what I think.

I believe we're at least 25 years away.

FAX
06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I think it's very unlikely that Metallica will be elected after that Black album fiasco.

FAX

JBucc
06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Not far enough

Reaper16
06-20-2006, 08:23 PM
If she can bring the price of the PS3 down to like $400 then I'd probably vote for her.

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2006, 05:36 PM
How close are we?

A sharp knife?

banyon
06-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I would've voted 08', because I think that the country could do it now. It's just that I don't see any viable female candidates that can win.

Baby Lee
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
How close are we?

A sharp knife?
If you say another word about me or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot!!!

patteeu
06-21-2006, 05:54 PM
I would've voted 08', because I think that the country could do it now. It's just that I don't see any viable female candidates that can win.

This is my answer too. I voted "next 3 or 4 cycles."

Baby Lee
06-21-2006, 06:11 PM
This is my answer too. I voted "next 3 or 4 cycles."
Aunt Flo?

jspchief
06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I would've voted 08', because I think that the country could do it now. It's just that I don't see any viable female candidates that can win.I really don't think so. I think there are lot more men out there that are sexist enough to make sure it doesn't happen.

I also think that a lot of people that are for strong military will have reservations about a woman.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 06:53 PM
30-40 Years. I would imagine it would follow the right to vote...White Men, All men, then Women.

Donger
06-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't believe that we'll ever have a woman POTUS. Not unless she's to the right of Maggie Thatcher.

trndobrd
06-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I would say within the next 2-3 election cycles. I don't see any women in '08 that have much of a chance.

FWIW, I think both the first African-American President and first female President will both be Republicans.

Donger
06-21-2006, 08:00 PM
FWIW, I think both the first African-American President and first female President will both be Republicans.

I'd agree. Both, if/when they happen, will be conservative.

Nightwish
06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I'd agree. Both, if/when they happen, will be conservative.I think that would be the logical step. A liberal female would get a lot of support from the Left, but practically none from the Right. A conservative female would still get a lot of support from the Left, because they'd see it as a solid stepping stone, but would also gain some from the Right. Only after a conservative female President has given us the chance to test the waters, so to speak, would a liberal female have much of a shot, in my opinion.

A black President may be another story. Of the major players out there right now, there are no liberal females that I see having much of a chance, but there is one liberal black that just might be able to make a good run for it, if he played his cards right, and that's Obama. But he's about the only possible exception I can see right now to the argument above.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't believe that we'll ever have a woman POTUS. Not unless she's to the right of Maggie Thatcher.
That would be me then. :p

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Aunt Flo?
Are we related?
That's my mum's name.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't think Americans are not willing to have one now or even in the past ten years...it's just that most females running haven't had what it takes, usually they've been too liberal or left. I think that's more of the reason why. And most conservative woman stay in the home and aren't aggressive enough to take the pounding which I feel is a needed quality. (See past pic of Pub and Dem women, also ) JMO.

I wouldn't ever vote for Condi though.Not because she's a woman but because she's a Neo Conservative!!

Logical
06-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Had you said a candidate for one of the parties, I think the next election would have fit. But actually being elected, not likely.

Nightwish
06-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't think Americans are not willing to have one now or even in the past ten years...it's just that most females running haven't had what it takes, usually they've been too liberal or left. I think that's more of the reason why. JMO.

I wouldn't ever vote for Condi though.Not because she's a woman but because she's a __________! Okay I won't say it.
I wouldn't vote for her, either. Not because she's a Republican, as there are a few Republicans I'd vote for (and I disagree that the first successful female President would necessarily have to be Republican, she'd just have to a conservative, and would need to have the solid backing of one of the major parties, which would most likely mean she would be Republican, but it is conceivable that the Dems could table a conservative female candidate, and if they're smart, once they eventually regain control of Congress, whether it is this year or sometime in the future, that's exactly what they'll do). No, the reason I wouldn't vote for Condi is because she's been a willing participant in the chicanery of this administration, and I wouldn't vote for anyone who has done so, regardless of their party affiliation.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd agree. Both, if/when they happen, will be conservative.

Because if they aren't the latent sexists and racists of the party will emerge from the woodwork to ensure that they lose the general election.

"You know it's sad but true!!" :rockon:

Moooo
06-21-2006, 09:32 PM
How close are we?

Not close enough. That is all...

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 09:32 PM

Whose very name is fundamental in the etymology of the phrase "rag ass c*nt". ;)

Count Alex's Wins
06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
What about a hermaphrodite?

Moooo
06-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Whose very name is fundamental in the etymology of the phrase "rag ass c*nt". ;)

How is a female leader supposed to act? If she acts like a guy, she's a butch, and if she acts weaker than that, she's viewed as unfit to command.

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 09:55 PM
How is a female leader supposed to act? If she acts like a guy, she's a butch, and if she acts weaker than that, she's viewed as unfit to command.

Moooo

Margaret Thatcher makes John Rambo look like Vermeil. The fact of the matter is that her policies made life a living hell for the blue collar workers of Great Britain. She basically aped Reaganomics, and conducted her foreign policy with a block-headed meathead approach. Hence the epithet. It has nothing to do with her status as a woman.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Margaret Thatcher makes John Rambo look like Vermeil. The fact of the matter is that her policies made life a living hell for the blue collar workers of Great Britain. She basically aped Reaganomics, and conducted her foreign policy with a block-headed meathead approach. Hence the epithet. It has nothing to do with her status as a woman.

My bad. I failed to see you were speaking on an individualistic level. But I have yet to see a female politician who didn't need to act like a man sometimes.

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
My bad. I failed to see you were speaking on an individualistic level. But I have yet to see a female politician who didn't need to act like a man sometimes.

Moooo

That's why the first Female POTUS will be conservative. If she's a liberal she'll be seen as too wishy-washy. She'll need to be butch like old iron-balls Maggie.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 10:09 PM
That's why the first Female POTUS will be conservative. If she's a liberal she'll be seen as too wishy-washy. She'll need to be butch like old iron-balls Maggie.

I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it. -- Margaret Thatcher

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it. -- Margaret Thatcher

"Margaret Thatcher is 10 pounds of monkey shit stuffed in a 5 pound bag"--Me.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 10:16 PM

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. Margaret Thatcher

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 10:19 PM

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 10:20 PM
If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage.
Margaret Thatcher

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 10:23 PM
If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage.
Margaret Thatcher

Trans:

If you want any human sympathy, don't come to me, I don't give a f*ck about anyone but my cronies and my goddamned self

BucEyedPea
06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
ROFL

StcChief
06-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Not that soon....

But run sHillary anyway just to see how she does.. :p