PDA

View Full Version : NBA Champion: Miami Heat!

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Its party time in Miami!!

Wade MVP!

sedated
06-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Simien got a ring.

Rock Chalk :KU:

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm not a Mavs fan or a Heat fan, but this championship will be forever tarnished by the amount of fouls called all through it, especially to the benefit of Wade.

I actually bet on the heat in game 4, and was calling BS. I don't care who you are, you shouldn't even get the chance to score 20+ points at the line in the Finals...period.

Moooo

Halfcan
4 for SHaQ!

Guru
Simien got a ring.

:thumb:

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm not a Mavs fan or a Heat fan, but this championship will be forever tarnished by the amount of fouls called all through it, especially to the benefit of Wade.

I actually bet on the heat in game 4, and was calling BS. I don't care who you are, you shouldn't even get the chance to score 20+ points at the line in the Finals...period.

Moooo

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Simien got a ring.

Did he play in the finals? I work until 9, so I didn't get to see a lot of these games, but I don't remember seeing him.

I'm sure he won't be satisfied until it's a championship he had more of an influence on.

Moooo

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
2006 NBA CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gators and Heat own the bball world

:) :toast:

NJ Chief Fan
LETS GO CHIEFS :arrow: :kc:

OH

AND POOP

Mecca
Maybe Shaq will retire and Wade will go blow out his knee.

Sam Hall
06-20-2006, 11:06 PM
I guess the games aren't rigged after all.

DaKCMan AP
Did he play in the finals? I work until 9, so I didn't get to see a lot of these games, but I don't remember seeing him.

I'm sure he won't be satisfied until it's a championship he had more of an influence on.

Moooo

He was inactive. I saw him jumping up and down in his suit. He'll get his chance.

Halfcan

Moooo

Let the cryinng over the refs begin. Wade was awesome, they had nobody to gaurd him. Like I predicted, Wade MVP!

Iowanian
Fabulous.

Does this mean that BB season is finally, effing over?

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Let the cryinng over the refs begin. Wade was awesome, they had obody to gaurd him. Like I predicted, Wade MVP!

It's pretty difficult to guard someone when if you breathe on him it's a flagrant foul.........But just for the record Kobe Bryant would bend Wade over and rape him like a girl in Colorado.

big nasty kcnut
Iowanian yes it's over thank god no more shaq.

Miles
Maybe Shaq will retire and Wade will go blow out his knee.

Classy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
It's pretty difficult to guard someone when if you breathe on him it's a flagrant foul.........But just for the record Kobe Bryant would bend Wade over and rape him like a girl in Colorado.

I call bullshit on that.

Guru
Fabulous.

Does this mean that BB season is finally, effing over?

ROFL Yeah, and for 3 whole months too.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Miami has a great coach!

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Bryants the best player in the league.....call bullshit on you want it's true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:10 PM

And the league's best player lost 3 straight games when one would have gotten him into the second round.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Classy.

Yes I'm classy.........Actually to be honest I really had no preference coming into this. But the constant foul calls and felating of Wade has made me hate him. Kind of like I hate Tom Brady.

sedated

what the f*ck?

SNR
I'm glad Pat Riley finally got his fuggin ring. Now I can hate him again.

Mecca
And the league's best player lost 3 straight games when one would have gotten him into the second round.

He carried that team by himself......I seriously doubt another player in the league could have done what he did this year.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:12 PM
what the f*ck?

That should have said "all you want". Anyone who doesn't think Bryant is better than Wade and the rest of that league is just being a hater because they don't personally like him.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Let the cryinng over the refs begin. Wade was awesome, they had nobody to gaurd him. Like I predicted, Wade MVP!

Wade as MVP is not a prediction. A small ape could predict that.

And you see nothing wrong with someone having 25 points from the freethrow line in a game in the NBA finals? Especially when I didn't see the level of aggression being any more or less than you would usually see?

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:14 PM
He carried that team by himself......I seriously doubt another player in the league could have done what he did this year.

Wade didn't exactly have the 1960's Celtics on his team this year...

ArrowheadHawk
sweet :thumb: my favorite player is shaq but i hate the lakers so this is awesome

Mecca
Wade as MVP is not a prediction. A small ape could predict that.

And you see nothing wrong with someone having 25 points from the freethrow line in a game in the NBA finals? Especially when I didn't see the level of aggression being any more or less than you would usually see?

Moooo

Some people won't admit what happened when the team they want to win won.....

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 11:15 PM

Wade took a team of Rafer Alston-Wade-Caron Butler-Lamar Odom-Brian Grant to the 2nd round IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR!

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Wade didn't exactly have the 1960's Celtics on his team this year...

Yea cause you know Kobe was getting it done with his all star cast of Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. The Lakers would be the worst team in the NBA without Kobe he is the team.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Wade took a team of Rafer Alston-Wade-Caron Butler-Lamar Odom-Brian Grant to the 2nd round IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR!

Smush Parker and Kwame Brown are in the Lakers starting lineup.....That was also the one good year of Lamar Odoms career so Kobe has the shitty Odom.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:16 PM
That should have said "all you want". Anyone who doesn't think Bryant is better than Wade and the rest of that league is just being a hater because they don't personally like him.

Wade is holding two trophies tonight. He was awesome in the series-MJ style.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Wade is holding two trophies tonight. He was awesome in the series-MJ style.

Must be getting some of that Meth high from being in Indenpendance. Wade isn't even the best player in the league right now, let alone should he be compared to Jordan.

Moooo
Some people won't admit what happened when the team they want to win won.....

No doubt. IMO, neither team played well enough to deserve this title. Dirk flat out fell apart, and Wade I really think was getting soft calls through the whole thing. But this is why I don't cheer for a specific team in the NBA. I don't like the greatness of my team being determined by a late whistle or someone being fouled 15 times or more in a game.

Moooo

Logical
Got to say I am happy for Shaq, Kobe you dumbshit, had you not been a jackass that could be you holding two trophies.

Congrats D Wade, you are deserving.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Must be getting some of that Meth high from being in Indenpendance. Wade isn't even the best player in the league right now, let alone should he be compared to Jordan.

No one who's career is incomplete should. Kobe shouldn't, LeBron shouldn't, and neither should Wade.

When their career is over, and they've played as good as they did for as long as Jordan did, and win as many titles, then they can be discussed.

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Shaq is still a shell of his former self. I'm not sure the Lakers with Shaq would have made it through the West it's much better than the East is.

Logical
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Shaq is still a shell of his former self. I'm not sure the Lakers with Shaq would have made it through the West it's much better than the East is.Possibly true, but as a Lakers fan I got to believe that if the team they had this year could do as well as they did, the team with Shaq would have had a shot at it.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Got to say I am happy for Shaq, Kobe you dumbshit, had you not been a jackass that could be you holding two trophies.

Congrats D Wade, you are deserving.

I could be wrong, but I think Kobe is at a point where he doesn't want one unless he does it on his own. He knows that those three he has will be tainted by people saying, "Well, he had Shaq!" If he can win one with the team he has now, he knows he will be considered one of the greats, which is what he wants more than anything now, IMO.

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't worry about it that much. They still made the right call in keeping Kobe over Shaq. And for the amount of money Miami is paying Shaq right now the Lakers made the better move in the long term letting him go.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Wade is a team player, that is why he is better. Kobe is a great player, but very selfish.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Kobe is at a point where he doesn't want one unless he does it on his own. He knows that those three he has will be tainted by people saying, "Well, he had Shaq!" If he can win one with the team he has now, he knows he will be considered one of the greats, which is what he wants more than anything now, IMO.

Moooo

The Lakers will win another title when they put some other players around him. It's not so much that he wants to play with shitty players. He didn't like that he was perceived as being on "Shaq's team" because even a declining shell Shaq get's treated like the player he use to be.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about it that much. They still made the right call in keeping Kobe over Shaq. And for the amount of money Miami is paying Shaq right now the Lakers made the better move in the long term letting him go.

That is laughable, Shaq is a dominate player and just won his fourth title.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Wade is a team player, that is why he is better. Kobe is a great player, but very selfish.

Selfish enough to win 40 games for a team by himself....

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
That is laughable, Shaq is a dominate player and just won his fourth title.

LOL.....if you can't see that Shaq isn't anywhere near what he use to be you're blind. He's rapidly declining he's a shell of what he was 5 years ago.

sedated
Shaq, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Zo Mourning, White Chocolate, Udonis Haslem, Posey...

bunch of chunps really :rolleyes:

MJ had Pippen and...uh...

don't even start the comparisons

DaKCMan AP
Smush Parker and Kwame Brown are in the Lakers starting lineup.....That was also the one good year of Lamar Odoms career so Kobe has the shitty Odom.

That Heat team had RAFER ALSTON STARTING and Brian Grant at C!!

Odom in '04 with Miami: 17ppg, 10rpg, 4apg

Odom in '06 with LA: 15ppg, 9rpg, 5.5apg

huge differences... ROFL

oh yeah...and Wade was a ROOKIE

'Hamas' Jenkins

And Kobe is such a good teammate he essentially froze him out of the offense :rolleyes:

Halfcan
I really like Zo and Jason Williams, they deserve a championship.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM
It's great how people hate Kobe.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM

I agree with this statement, but I wasn't seeing Wade being a team player in the last two games. He was playing like Iverson does, except with better players around him.

Moooo

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Shaq, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Zo Mourning, White Chocolate, Udonis Haslem, Posey...

don't even start the comparisons

I don't think the comparisons to MJ are fair at all to Wade. He doesn't think so either. MJ did play with some good players though... Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman, and then Kerr was money from tres.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey Kobe, Shaq has more rings than you. haha

:)

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Bryants a better defender.......has better range...he's a better player. People just let their personal feelings overshadow their opinion of him.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=sedated]Shaq, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Zo Mourning, White Chocolate, Udonis Haslem, Posey...

don't even start the comparisons[/QUOTE

MJ had Rodman and a great bunch of players that played incredibl,e defense.

Wade is his one man, and dislikes any comparisons. He is the best player in the world right now.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think the comparisons to MJ are fair at all to Wade. He doesn't think so either. MJ did play with some good players though... Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman, and then Kerr was money from tres.

Who can forget Paxton, lol!! He'll be known for one shot... but what a shot!

Moooo

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 11:29 PM
NBA Ch*mpi*n Mi*mi He*t

Halfcan
Hey Kobe, Shaq has more rings than you. haha

:)

Gotta love Shaq, he is the man.

DaKCMan AP
Who can forget Paxton, lol!! He'll be known for one shot... but what a shot!

Moooo

Bill Wennington is pretty laughable..

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
and Luc Longley ROFL

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=sedated]Shaq, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, Zo Mourning, White Chocolate, Udonis Haslem, Posey...

don't even start the comparisons[/QUOTE

MJ had Rodman and a great bunch of players that played incredibl,e defense.

Wade is his one man, and dislikes any comparisons. He is the best player in the world right now.

........ ROFL ........this doesn't really deserve a comment.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
If anyone really thinks the Lakers should have kept Shaq over Kobe......I'm glad you all don't run teams.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Bryants a better defender.......has better range...he's a better player. People just let their personal feelings overshadow their opinion of him.

There's players in every sport like this... Peyton Manning and Tom Brady come to mind, so does Roger Clemens and Chris Pronger.

Moooo

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:32 PM
LOL.....if you can't see that Shaq isn't anywhere near what he use to be you're blind. He's rapidly declining he's a shell of what he was 5 years ago.

Yeah and guys have to hang on him to stop him on offense!

Chiefs Pantalones
You gotta give the Heat credit, Gochiefs, they won 4 straight. But to me though every team needs an * by it after the Bulls last won it in 98. The NBA talent and team level hasn't been the same since then.

Miles
and Luc Longley ROFL

And Will Purdue. They even used the Chief and John Salley for a year. Thats some brutal C's.

Suprised they never had Tree Rollins.

NJ Chief Fan
06-20-2006, 11:34 PM
NBA Ch*mpi*n Mi*mi He*t

that title deserves asteriks just like bonds
ROFL

Halfcan
There's players in every sport like this... Peyton Manning and Tom Brady come to mind, so does Roger Clemens and Chris Pronger.

Moooo

ROFL Now Wade is Tom Brady? What a joke.

The Rocket is one of the best ever-so I see the comparison there.

Moooo

How can you say that when his long-range shot and defense are still not what they could be? Kobe is a better basketball player. He may have the wrong mentality, but he's still more capable of a player than any other in the league as of now.

I honestly believe too if Kobe wanted to play the same style of play LeBron does, he could, and better. Though this comparison is not fair cause one player is in his prime and the other is just getting warmed up (like Wade).

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Yeah and guys have to hang on him to stop him on offense!

Your personel comments regarding any sport lead me to believe if you ever built a team they'd be the worst team in the league. You'd have a bunch of nice guys and old players past their primes who have a nice centimental value.

Count Alex's Losses
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
You gotta give the Heat credit, Gochiefs.

I'm not giving them a bit of credit.

Dan Crawford was brought in to prevent Dallas from going up 3-0. He was then brought in to end the series in Dallas and punish Mark Cuban.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
How can you say that when his long-range shot and defense are still not what they could be? Kobe is a better basketball player. He may have the wrong mentality, but he's still more capable of a player than any other in the league as of now.

I honestly believe too if Kobe wanted to play the same style of play LeBron does, he could, and better. Though this comparison is not fair cause one player is in his prime and the other is just getting warmed up (like Wade).

Moooo

Kobe really isn't much older than Wade I'm pretty sure........remember 4 years of college vs no college.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
ROFL Now Wade is Tom Brady? What a joke.

The Rocket is one of the best ever-so I see the comparison there.

How can you say a player who has only been in the NBA3 years is one of the best ever? And yes. Tom Brady QB'd his team to 3 Super Bowls... PERIOD. I can't stand the guy, flat out loathe him, but he can get it done when it counts, and I respect that.

Moooo

Miles
06-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Your personel comments regarding any sport lead me to believe if you ever built a team they'd be the worst team in the league. You'd have a bunch of nice guys and old players past their primes who have a nice centimental value.

Shaq has thrown a punch in a game before, so he is out.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
How can you say a player who has only been in the NBA3 years is one of the best ever? And yes. Tom Brady QB'd his team to 3 Super Bowls... PERIOD. I can't stand the guy, flat out loathe him, but he can get it done when it counts, and I respect that.

Moooo

We seem to agree on many things......

Moooo
Kobe really isn't much older than Wade I'm pretty sure........remember 4 years of college vs no college.

Dwayne Wade- Jan 17, 1982
Kobe Bryant- Aug 23, 1978

Prime of a career too, is based on how long you've been playing. I think Wade will hit his prime a little later than Kobe, IMO.

Moooo

Halfcan

Like ZO, he is a fan favorite and nice guy. So is Wade, he is a family guy and a great role model.

So I guess your right.

Oh yeah Shaq has four titles with another coming next year. REPEAT!

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
You gotta give the Heat credit, Gochiefs, they won 4 straight. But to me though every team needs an * by it after the Bulls last won it in 98. The NBA talent and team level hasn't been the same since then.

Most traditional basketball fans would disagree with you.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm not giving them a bit of credit.

Dan Crawford was brought in to prevent Dallas from going up 3-0. He was then brought in to end the series in Dallas and punish Mark Cuban.

ROFL ROFL ROFL If all that is true, which it is not, Cuban deserves it. What an azzhole/.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Like ZO, he is a fan favorite and nice guy. So is Wade, he is a family guy and a great role model.

So I guess your right.

Oh yeah Shaq has four titles with another coming next year. REPEAT!

ZO is a nice guy? I guess you didn't see what happened when he was in Toronto or Charlotte.........The Heat repeating......right.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Dwayne Wade- Jan 17, 1982
Kobe Bryant- Aug 23, 1978

Prime of a career too, is based on how long you've been playing. I think Wade will hit his prime a little later than Kobe, IMO.

Moooo

Wade is holding the MVP, I think he is in his prime. He still has a long career ahead of him though.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Wade is holding the MVP, I think he is in his prime. He still has a long career ahead of him though.

Nah, he's not in his prime. He is a student of the game and will continue to improve. He will improve his jumper and develop into a decent if not good 3-point shooter.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
ZO is a nice guy? I guess you didn't see what happened when he was in Toronto or Charlotte.........The Heat repeating......right.

I guess you didn't see all the charity work he does with sick kids. Zo has always been a great player.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM

True...he came into the league a very polished player.

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
True...he came into the league a very polished player.

He will be holding the MVP again next year.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
He will be holding the MVP again next year.

Not if Nash has anything to say about it. I can guarantee you he's flat out DROOLING over the idea of having Stoudemire back. It's not going to be a run away season for any team. You make it sound like Miami was in the driver's seat all year long.

Moooo

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
I guess you didn't see all the charity work he does with sick kids. Zo has always been a great player.

Double speak......Halfcan is riding the Heat wagon now. I find this funny.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Not if Nash has anything to say about it. I can guarantee you he's flat out DROOLING over the idea of having Stoudemire back. It's not going to be a run away season for any team. You make it sound like Miami was in the driver's seat all year long.

Moooo

Wade is never going to win an MVP aslong as Nash and Bryant are playing like they are.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL If all that is true, which it is not, Cuban deserves it. What an azzhole/.

Why do you think a guy who speaks his mind is an asshole? You seem to think anyone who speaks thier mind and says what everyone else would like to say is an ass.......what's that about?

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Wade is never going to win an MVP aslong as Nash and Bryant are playing like they are.

Yeah, not to mention a certain person in Cleveland who is so good, it's scary to think what he's gonna be like when he's 25...

And there's always Duncan, though he's not MVP material, he's just always one of the top 5 players in the league... every single year, and the best in the league at what he does.

Moooo

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:53 PM

I am sure he does't mind just getting the Finals MVP every year.

Mecca
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, not to mention a certain person in Cleveland who is so good, it's scary to think what he's gonna be like when he's 25...

And there's always Duncan, though he's not MVP material, he's just always one of the top 5 players in the league... every single year, and the best in the league at what he does.

Moooo

Even though the Wolves have fallen off as a team that Garnett guy is still around.....

Halfcan

Moooo

ROFL Duncan is like watching paint dry. I would take Shaq anyday.

'Hamas' Jenkins
And there's always Duncan, though he's not MVP material,
Moooo

WTF?? The guy put up 20 and 10 on one leg this year, and he has 3 rings, along with MVP trophies at home. :shake:

Mecca
ROFL Duncan is like watching paint dry. I would take Shaq anyday.

This is why you don't build NBA teams....

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Even though the Wolves have fallen off as a team that Garnett guy is still around.....

And McHale is one of the worst GMs in a league filled with shitty ones. They'll never win as long as he's in the FO.

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Why do you think a guy who speaks his mind is an asshole? You seem to think anyone who speaks thier mind and says what everyone else would like to say is an ass.......what's that about?

I hate the idea of having to hear him every night in a press conference doing his thing. But I LOVE the fact that there's an owner who is a fan first.

I would be ecstatic if Hunt was at the 50-yard line every game wearing his Tony G jersey screaming his head off. Granted he's old, but that's not my point. What I'm trying to say is at least with Cuban, you know he wants to win...period. He's a fan's perfect owner, he has absolutely no ulterior motives other than to get that trophy to Dallas.

Moooo

Halfcan
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM

Their is a big difference between speaking your mind and going overboard and hurting your team.

Cuban will probably get a few more fines in the next couple of days. Bottom line: Heat played great, Mavs choked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I hate the idea of having to hear him every night in a press conference doing his thing. But I LOVE the fact that there's an owner who is a fan first.

I would be ecstatic if Hunt was at the 50-yard line every game wearing his Tony G jersey screaming his head off. Granted he's old, but that's not my point. What I'm trying to say is at least with Cuban, you know he wants to win...period. He's a fan's perfect owner, he has absolutely no ulterior motives other than to get that trophy to Dallas.

Moooo

He's also a might of an attention whore...

Moooo
06-20-2006, 11:59 PM
WTF?? The guy put up 20 and 10 on one leg this year, and he has 3 rings, along with MVP trophies at home. :shake:

People don't vote him for MVP. My statement had nothing to do with his worthiness (he's probably my favorite player), it's more about how when the voting comes around nowadays it's more like MVG, or Most Valuable Guard. I know he won one not long ago, but it was only cause he was so deserving of it no one could disagree.

Moooo

Mecca
06-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Their is a big difference between speaking your mind and going overboard and hurting your team.

Cuban will probably get a few more fines in the next couple of days. Bottom line: Heat played great, Mavs choked.

I think anyone who's a Dallas fan or part of that organization had a right to be pretty upset about 1 guy shooting 25 FT's.

Halfcan

You mean like going on Letterman and pissing off the other team. Then when he loses, he cries it was all the refs.

Mecca
People don't vote him for MVP. My statement had nothing to do with his worthiness (he's probably my favorite player), it's more about how when the voting comes around nowadays it's more like MVG, or Most Valuable Guard. I know he won one not long ago, but it was only cause he was so deserving of it no one could disagree.

Moooo

Garnett won MVP 2 years ago.....he's not a guard.

Moooo

True, but I'm fine with that if it gets me to the Finals or in my example, the Super Bowl.

Like I said, I'll turn him off whenever I see him on TV, but I love how tomorrow, he'll get up, go to the front office and say, "Okay, what do we need to do to make sure and win this next year?" without money being a problem

Moooo

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Garnett won MVP 2 years ago.....he's not a guard.

Once again, it was glaringly apparent he deserved it. If you look back over the last 15 years, I think you'd find guards win moretimes than not. Then again, maybe it just seems like that, cause it's always like 4 guards and one non-guard in the mix.

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Moooo

Umm he's won 2 NBA MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs.

Mecca
06-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I still think Garnett is a top 3 player in the league.......He just legit has nothing around him at all right now.

Miles
06-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Once again, it was glaringly apparent he deserved it. If you look back over the last 15 years, I think you'd find guards win moretimes than not.

Moooo

7 were guards during that period and 4 of those were from MJ.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Once again, it was glaringly apparent he deserved it. If you look back over the last 15 years, I think you'd find guards win moretimes than not. Then again, maybe it just seems like that, cause it's always like 4 guards and one non-guard in the mix.

Moooo

Guards have won 6 of the last 15 MVPs.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Umm he's won 2 NBA MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs.

I don't think I'm making myself clear. At least IMO he's quite easily deserving of more. Maybe it's too much to ask to have a player win it more than 2 times. But IMO, he's so dominant at his position...

Moooo

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I still think Garnett is a top 3 player in the league.......He just legit has nothing around him at all right now.

I agree with Bill Simmons who believes that he could be the best 2nd banana in league history, but a team would be hard pressed to win it all with him as the #1 option unless they were like detroit.

Mecca
06-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Personally, I've always thought on individual player to player evaluaton that Garnett is better than Duncan is. Duncan has just been on a better team for his entire career.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2006, 12:07 AM

MooooI don't think so. LeBron plays a much more mature game than Kobe. Kobe is about Kobe; LeBron is about winning.

Mecca
06-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I agree with Bill Simmons who believes that he could be the best 2nd banana in league history, but a team would be hard pressed to win it all with him as the #1 option unless they were like detroit.

That's a pretty ridiculous evaluation for a guy who basically has never played with other great players. When the best he's had were Cassell and Sprewell at the end of their careers that's not that much.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Guards have won 6 of the last 15 MVPs.

Like I said, maybe it just seems that way. It just seems like nowadays the MVP race is about 5 guards, Duncan and/or Garnett. The great non-guard NBA player is dissapearing.

Moooo

Miles
06-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Personally, I've always thought on individual player to player evaluaton that Garnett is better than Duncan is. Duncan has just been on a better team for his entire career.

I would tend to agree with that.

ChiefsFanatic
06-21-2006, 12:10 AM

OK. I hope you are not a KU fan, because if you are, I am pretty sure my IQ just dropped from guilt-by-association disease.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't think so. LeBron plays a much more mature game than Kobe. Kobe is about Kobe; LeBron is about winning.

What I was saying is if Kobe had more mature mindset than LeBron, he would be better at the same game...as of right now.

I think LeBron will far eclipse Kobe in every way, shape or form (with the exception of that 80+ game, that might take some work).

Moooo

Mecca
OK. I hope you are not a KU fan, because if you are, I am pretty sure my IQ just dropped from guilt-by-association disease.

You should learn to take some of the things I say with a grain of salt and hint of sarcasm.....before trying to act like I'm dumb.

Miles
Like I said, maybe it just seems that way. It just seems like nowadays the MVP race is about 5 guards, Duncan and/or Garnett. The great non-guard NBA player is dissapearing.

Moooo

Lebron is a foward. There was also a lot of talk about Dirk for MVP this past season.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:12 AM
I would tend to agree with that.

As would I, but I like Duncan's inside game much more, and also like Duncan's personality (yes, I do). I love how whether it's game 7 of the finals or starting day, he has the same look on his face. He doesn't run icewater in his veins, he runs liquid nitrogen.

Moooo

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Lebron is a foward. There was also a lot of talk about Dirk for MVP this past season.

Okay, I stand corrected, then. Like I said, it just seems that way to me, IMO, which is not very good. NBA is not my forte at all.

Moooo

Mecca
To me Garnett seems like a player that's never really gotten his due for how good he really is because he's up in Minnesota playing with nothing around him.

Spicy McHaggis
I'm not sure if it's been said or not but if so then I'll say it again. Wade is a great player. However I fail to see how a foul can be called on Dirk when Wade reaches out and pushes off him with his forearm. Or how there was a "foul" in the last seconds of game 5.

I guess I really just wanted to watch David Stern squirm as he handed the trophy to Mark Cuban.

Mecca
06-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure if it's been said or not but if so then I'll say it again. Wade is a great player. However I fail to see how a foul can be called on Dirk when Wade reaches out and pushes off him with his forearm. Or how there was a "foul" in the last seconds of game 5.

I guess I really just wanted to watch David Stern squirm as he handed the trophy to Mark Cuban.

Because man in this series the officials were under the impression that Wade is Jordan. Didn't you watch that pregame thing where they showed video of them and tried to compare them....

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:16 AM

Conspiracy? I don't think so, but maybe the refs had a little bit of a hint to make sure the game wouldn't change its officiating after Cubans rant?

Moooo

ChiefsFanatic
06-21-2006, 12:18 AM
You should learn to take some of the things I say with a grain of salt and hint of sarcasm.....before trying to act like I'm dumb.

Alright. That seems fair. My bad. It is possible that I took your post out of context. I should have sensed that sarcasm was present in any statement that involved Kobe giving D-Wade the Brokeback treatment.

Spicy McHaggis
06-21-2006, 12:21 AM
And another thing. You finally got your rings Gary and 'Zo. Now just go away.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:22 AM
And another thing. You finally got your rings Gary and 'Zo. Now just go away.

Somwhere in Utah, Karl Malone is feeling very lonely...and crying...

Moooo

Der Flöprer
06-21-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm glad to see the glove get a ring. He's played a long time and deserves it. Somehow I think it would have been more sweet had he done it in 96 with the Reign man. He had some clutch shots at the end of a couple games during the finals though, I'm sure he's satisfied. Way to go Gary.

noa
06-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, Dwayne Wade certainly got to the line a whole lot this series, but so did Dirk, so I have a hard time blaming the officials too much. Wade was just more aggressive at drawing fouls the last couple games than Dirk was.
Having said that, the foul called against Dirk when Dwayne pushed off him with his forearm was crap. Absolute crap.

Moooo
06-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Dwayne Wade certainly got to the line a whole lot this series, but so did Dirk, so I have a hard time blaming the officials too much. Wade was just more aggressive at drawing fouls the last couple games than Dirk was.
Having said that, the foul called against Dirk when Dwayne pushed off him with his forearm was crap. Absolute crap.

Yeah. But don't you think the refs should have let them go a bit more? I also got the feeling that although he could have made something out of it, Wade was driving to draw the foul and not to find the shot.

Moooo

noa
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah. But don't you think the refs should have let them go a bit more? I also got the feeling that although he could have made something out of it, Wade was driving to draw the foul and not to find the shot.

Moooo

Yeah, I'm always a fan of refs not calling too many fouls. IMO, it sucks if any player is drawing 20 free throws a game, even if a lot of them are technically fouls. I'd rather see someone make a play to win a game then get a free throw.
Same thing goes for football. I'd rather see the players decide the games, not the refs. Our game against the Cowboys comes to mind when we played great defense toward in Dallas' end zone and held them off, but the ref called someone for pass intereference.
And, as many people are complaining lately, the U.S. game against Italy in the World Cup had way to many fouls called and cards given.
I'm stealing this quote from one of ESPN's analysts because I agree with it for the most part: "Players win games, coaches lose them, and refs ruin them."

Spicy McHaggis
06-21-2006, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=noa949]And, as many people are complaining lately, the U.S. game against Italy in the World Cup had way to many fouls called and cards given.QUOTE]

If that's the case:

USA = Mavs
Italy = Heat

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
NBA is not my forte at all.

Moooo

Obviously.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I'm always a fan of refs not calling too many fouls. IMO, it sucks if any player is drawing 20 free throws a game, even if a lot of them are technically fouls. I'd rather see someone make a play to win a game then get a free throw.
Same thing goes for football. I'd rather see the players decide the games, not the refs. Our game against the Cowboys comes to mind when we played great defense toward in Dallas' end zone and held them off, but the ref called someone for pass intereference.
And, as many people are complaining lately, the U.S. game against Italy in the World Cup had way to many fouls called and cards given.
I'm stealing this quote from one of ESPN's analysts because I agree with it for the most part: "Players win games, coaches lose them, and refs ruin them."

If Wade is getting fouled the refs are not suppose to call it because he has already been fouled a lot?

Nobody is bitchin about how many fouls on Shaq.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 12:50 AM

:rolleyes: Nice job bringing up Kobe as a rapist that got away with forced sodomy. I would take Wade anyday!

jettio
As great as the NBA playoffs were this year, the way the Finals was officiated made it all a waste of time.

I never even saw Michael Jordan get a foul call on the other player when he winged the guy in the gut to gain an advantage. With Jordan, it was maybe they ought to call a foul for pushing off, evidently with Wade it is, initiate contact with a defender and have the dumbazz refs call it on the other team every single time.

For his own good, the refs need to stop that. He is going to get f*cked up if he ever runs into a team like the Miami Heat on the other side. You can bet that Riley would not let a prima donna get all of the calls without having a goon give him a couple of shots.

Pitt Gorilla

I guess I really just wanted to watch David Stern squirm as he handed the trophy to Mark Cuban.That "foul" at the end of game five was terrible. Swallow your whistle in the last seconds of a one point game.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 12:53 AM
As great as the NBA playoffs were this year, the way the Finals was officiated made it all a waste of time.

I never even saw Michael Jordan get a foul call on the other player when he winged the guy in the gut to gain an advantage. With Jordan, it was maybe they ought to call a foul for pushing off, evidently with Wade it is, initiate contact with a defender and have the dumbazz refs call it on the other team every single time.

For his own good, the refs need to stop that. He is going to get f*cked up if he ever runs into a team like the Miami Heat on the other side. You can bet that Riley would not let a prima donna get all of the calls without having a goon give him a couple of shots.

Must have missed all the charging fouls Wade was called with.

tk13
06-21-2006, 12:55 AM
That "foul" at the end of game five was terrible. Swallow your whistle in the last seconds of a one point game.
Yeah, but the irony to that is that the Mavs advanced over the Spurs because of a late call on Dirk for a 3 point play with seconds to go in game 7 of a series.

The Mavs had a 2-0 lead with a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of game 3 and they got lazy. They have no excuses. It's not like they got railed from the start of this series, they almost had it clinched. All this garbage is just people looking for a reason to deflect blame for a horrible collapse. They had the trophy by the throat and let it go. Pretty tough way to lose, for sure, but the Mavs had their chance and didn't take advantage of it. The Heat got an opening and did take it. That's what championships teams do.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah, but the irony to that is that the Mavs advanced over the Spurs because of a late call on Dirk for a 3 point play with seconds to go in game 7 of a series.

The Mavs had a 2-0 lead with a double digit lead in the 4th quarter of game 3 and they got lazy. They have no excuses. All this garbage is just people looking for a reason to deflect blame for a horrible collapse. They had the trophy by the throat and let it go. Pretty tough way to lose, for sure.

I could not agree more!! Dallas choked, and Cuban looks even dumber for going on Letterman.

noa
06-21-2006, 01:10 AM
If Wade is getting fouled the refs are not suppose to call it because he has already been fouled a lot?

Nobody is bitchin about how many fouls on Shaq.

If you read my earlier post, you would have seen that I agree with you. I thought the refereeing was fair. I just would prefer to not have that many fouls called. Dwayne Wade set the all-time record for free throws attempted in a single game in game 5 and he came close to matching that in game 6. Also, Dirk got to the line a bunch, so it went both ways. Still, the refs can ease off on the whistles if they want. The fouls were legit and fair, I won't argue that. I would just rather see fewer total fouls called in a game.

Prince22
06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
This is great 3 more rings for former Wildcats. Thats three years in a row a UK player has got a ring.

jjjayb
06-21-2006, 01:28 AM
But just for the record Kobe Bryant would bend Wade over and rape him like a girl in Colorado.

Hard to bend anyone over and rape them when you don't even make it out of the first round of the playoffs. :LOL:

Son of Logical
06-21-2006, 02:22 AM
After reading through all the comments on this topic, this is what I have to say. Is Kobe a better player then Wade? One on One? Absolutely. When it comes to being a team player, I think Wade is better. My glaring example for why I think this is, I have never seen Wade throw the ball up when he is triple covered. He pases the ball off. In the same scenario I have seen Kobe just throw it up. He looks to shoot always, and he passes in absolute desperation. I am a huge Lakers fan, and do I think it was the right move to keep Kobe over Shaq. Of course it was, but am I happy Shaq is gone? No way. I would be the first to say that Shaq is not what he used to be, but he is still a big enough threat for the need of a double team. So, put him back on the Lakers, and they become contenders once again.

Anyway, I think Shaq is great, and I really like Wades game. So, I am happy they won. I also want to give kudos to the way Zo stepped up, and played D tonight. He had a great night of shot blocking, and really helped his team win tonight.

tk13
06-21-2006, 02:28 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14864882.htm

Way too hot to handle
Mavericks' Cuban partly to blame for Miami's comeback from an 0-2 deficit in the NBA finals.

JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

MIAMI | At least the Mavericks can comfort themselves with the knowledge that it was a group meltdown.

Ownership, coaches, players, media and fans all played a role in one of the most embarrassing and revealing choke jobs in the history of sports, a group gag that makes Phil Mickelson’s and Colin Montgomerie’s fades in the U.S. Open look tiny and insignificant.

This NBA finals series, the first for the Heat and the Mavericks, will forever be remembered as the “Cuban Whistle Crisis,” a nickname coined by Washington Post columnist Mike Wise.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban’s six-year officiating obsession swallowed his team, his coaching staff, his city, the Dallas media and made Big D look extremely small the last week of the NBA season.

Rather than concentrate on what they could control, the Mavs followed the lead of their passionate, Ron Artest-like owner and threw an NBA finals officiating pity party.

Cuban financed the shindig, paying a $250,000 fine for his whiny behavior after Dallas’ game-five loss. Head coach Avery Johnson took care of the pity-party invitations when he spent two days bellyaching about Jerry Stackhouse’s totally justified suspension from game five for a deliberate, hard foul on Shaquille O’Neal.

Dallas’ players mailed in their performances and RSVPs in the fourth quarter of critical losses in Miami and in the final three quarters of Tuesday’s series-deciding 95-92 Heat victory.

And the Dallas media arrived at the party early, often and quite enthusiastically — predicting an easy Dallas romp after the first two Dallas victories, bashing the NBA’s Stu Jackson for Stackhouse’s suspension, crying about the game-five officiating and saying virtually nothing when Avery Johnson imploded in self-pity and then mocked the media’s postgame questions after game five.

Jerry Jones, winner of three Super Bowls within seven years of purchasing the Cowboys, would love to engender the kind of cheerleading the six-years and title-less Cuban enjoys. But, obviously, this is not a basketball town, and maybe we should’ve seen this meltdown coming.

The Mavericks, despite Johnson’s earnest effort, are still a mentally soft team. Dirk Nowitzki folded in the finals. He scored two points in the fourth quarter Tuesday. He shot around 40 percent from the field during the series. He was a non-factor for most of the six games. He’s certainly a far cry from Miami’s Dwyane Wade.

The worst thing about Dallas’ choke job is how poorly the Heat played in this series.

One player whipped the Mavs. One player. I don’t have to tell you his name. You know it. He scored 36 points Tuesday night, topping off a Michael Jordan-like NBA finals series by leading the Heat to four straight victories.

Had Dwyane Wade — the MVP of the series — simply been outstanding, the Mavs might’ve swept this best-of-seven series. Instead, he was spectacular and more than made up for the fact that Shaq played like a 34-year-old aging legend throughout the series.

Shaq scored just nine points on Tuesday. Reserve center Alonzo Mourning (five blocks, six rebounds and eight points in 14 minutes) was far more effective than Shaq.

The Heat won Tuesday despite 19 turnovers, two-of-18 three-point shooting and 62-percent free-throw shooting (23 of 37). Udonis Haslem provided Wade primary support on Tuesday, scoring 17 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.

Dallas hadn’t loss four straight all season. The Mavericks beat the Heat the two times the teams met in the regular season.

Why now?

You have to blame the Cuban Whistle Crisis. There’s no other explanation. The Mavericks got bogged down in worrying about officiating. They bought the excuse their owner offered them.

Basketball is no different from life or business or any other competition. You have to focus on the things you can control. Once you lose yourself in paranoia, you’ve lost.

Miles
06-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Thanks for posting that TK, I probably would have missed it. Whitlock makes some valid points and those last two paragraphs are spot on.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 02:47 AM
[url]

Way too hot to handle
Mavericks' Cuban partly to blame for Miami's comeback from an 0-2 deficit in the NBA finals.

JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

MIAMI | At least the Mavericks can comfort themselves with the knowledge that it was a group meltdown.

Ownership, coaches, players, media and fans all played a role in one of the most embarrassing and revealing choke jobs in the history of sports, a group gag that makes Phil Mickelson’s and Colin Montgomerie’s fades in the U.S. Open look tiny and insignificant.

This NBA finals series, the first for the Heat and the Mavericks, will forever be remembered as the “Cuban Whistle Crisis,” a nickname coined by Washington Post columnist Mike Wise.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban’s six-year officiating obsession swallowed his team, his coaching staff, his city, the Dallas media and made Big D look extremely small the last week of the NBA season.

Rather than concentrate on what they could control, the Mavs followed the lead of their passionate, Ron Artest-like owner and threw an NBA finals officiating pity party.

Cuban financed the shindig, paying a $250,000 fine for his whiny behavior after Dallas’ game-five loss. Head coach Avery Johnson took care of the pity-party invitations when he spent two days bellyaching about Jerry Stackhouse’s totally justified suspension from game five for a deliberate, hard foul on Shaquille O’Neal.

Dallas’ players mailed in their performances and RSVPs in the fourth quarter of critical losses in Miami and in the final three quarters of Tuesday’s series-deciding 95-92 Heat victory.

And the Dallas media arrived at the party early, often and quite enthusiastically — predicting an easy Dallas romp after the first two Dallas victories, bashing the NBA’s Stu Jackson for Stackhouse’s suspension, crying about the game-five officiating and saying virtually nothing when Avery Johnson imploded in self-pity and then mocked the media’s postgame questions after game five.

Jerry Jones, winner of three Super Bowls within seven years of purchasing the Cowboys, would love to engender the kind of cheerleading the six-years and title-less Cuban enjoys. But, obviously, this is not a basketball town, and maybe we should’ve seen this meltdown coming.

The Mavericks, despite Johnson’s earnest effort, are still a mentally soft team. Dirk Nowitzki folded in the finals. He scored two points in the fourth quarter Tuesday. He shot around 40 percent from the field during the series. He was a non-factor for most of the six games. He’s certainly a far cry from Miami’s Dwyane Wade.

The worst thing about Dallas’ choke job is how poorly the Heat played in this series.

One player whipped the Mavs. One player. I don’t have to tell you his name. You know it. He scored 36 points Tuesday night, topping off a Michael Jordan-like NBA finals series by leading the Heat to four straight victories.

Had Dwyane Wade — the MVP of the series — simply been outstanding, the Mavs might’ve swept this best-of-seven series. Instead, he was spectacular and more than made up for the fact that Shaq played like a 34-year-old aging legend throughout the series.

Shaq scored just nine points on Tuesday. Reserve center Alonzo Mourning (five blocks, six rebounds and eight points in 14 minutes) was far more effective than Shaq.

The Heat won Tuesday despite 19 turnovers, two-of-18 three-point shooting and 62-percent free-throw shooting (23 of 37). Udonis Haslem provided Wade primary support on Tuesday, scoring 17 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.

Dallas hadn’t loss four straight all season. The Mavericks beat the Heat the two times the teams met in the regular season.

Why now?

You have to blame the Cuban Whistle Crisis. There’s no other explanation. The Mavericks got bogged down in worrying about officiating. They bought the excuse their owner offered them.

Basketball is no different from life or business or any other competition. You have to focus on the things you can control. Once you lose yourself in paranoia, you’ve lost.

Jason must be reading my post-lol this is basical,l,y what I have been saying. Nice read.

the Talking Can
06-21-2006, 06:18 AM
ha ha

DaKCMan AP
06-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Jason got it exactly right. When you end the 2nd quarter 2-10 and open the 3rd quarter 2-12, you're not going to win.

the Talking Can
06-21-2006, 06:50 AM
The Dallas fans, players, coaches all had the attitude of their owner.

They wanted to be given the Title, they didn't want to earn it.

Now, they're just the butt of jokes and remembered for the worst collapse in sport history.

Karma kicked ass.

pak1983
06-21-2006, 08:13 AM
The east has been soft for awhile besides the Pistons. Winning ur first round series doesnt speak volumes.

DJay23
06-21-2006, 08:59 AM
The Dallas fans, players, coaches all had the attitude of their owner.

They wanted to be given the Title, they didn't want to earn it.

Now, they're just the butt of jokes and remembered for the worst collapse in sport history.

Karma kicked ass.
In sport history? :hmmm:

DJay23
06-21-2006, 09:00 AM
The only reason I'm happy about this is because Big Dub plays for them. Otherwise, I could give a ****.

the Talking Can
06-21-2006, 09:01 AM
In sport history? :hmmm:

sorry, I meant "whiners history"

Rooster
06-21-2006, 09:11 AM
4 for SHaQ!

Suck on that Kobe. :p

Count Alex's Losses
06-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Jason got it exactly right. When you end the 2nd quarter 2-10 and open the 3rd quarter 2-12, you're not going to win.

Whatever. They were down a point and then the refs squarely f*cked them in the ass with that call on Dirk.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Whatever. They were down a point and then the refs squarely f*cked them in the ass with that call on Dirk.

If I remember right, Dirk missed a lot of shots, plus a freethrow at the end of a game.

He looked like a big baby kicking the stationary bike as he left the court.

Count Alex's Losses
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
If I remember right, Dirk missed a lot of shots, plus a freethrow at the end of a game.

Dirk was 10-for-22 shooting. He did not miss a free throw.

vailpass
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Yep. He didn't go to the rack near enough to draw a shooting foul.
What was his 4th quarter point total again?
Was it the refs who held the Big Kraut scoreless in the biggest 4th quarter of his life?

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM

He did not miss a free throw-going 1 for 2 at the end of game one that could have sealed it???

Your right Dirk, was AWESOME in the series.

Count Alex's Losses
Yep. He didn't go to the rack near enough to draw a shooting foul.
What was his 4th quarter point total again?
Was it the refs who held the Big Kraut scoreless in the biggest 4th quarter of his life?

That's a load of crap. Dirk just doesn't get the calls that bitch Wade gets. It's criminal.

Also, Dirk wasn't scoreless in the 4th, jackass.

Count Alex's Losses
He did not miss a free throw-going 1 for 2 at the end of game one that could have sealed it???

I was talking about LAST NIGHT. Dirk was 8-for-8.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 01:28 PM
If Terry makes the 3 at the end we would have a game 7 coming up. The dude was wide open.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I was talking about LAST NIGHT. Dirk was 8-for-8.

Hasselhoff I mean Dirk is a great player no doubt, but he choked this series away along with the rest of the team.

Wade was fouled on nearly every play because they had nobody to gaurd him. MVP!

Avery Johnson looked like a little troll with all his complaining. He was outcoached by a HOF coach plain and simple.

Count Alex's Losses
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
If Terry makes the 3 at the end we would have a game 7 coming up. The dude was wide open.

Wrong. The game would have gone to overtime. The refs would have then gifted Wade with about 15 free throws.

vailpass
06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
That's a load of crap. Dirk just doesn't get the calls that bitch Wade gets. It's criminal.

Also, Dirk wasn't scoreless in the 4th, jackass.

Count on a couch slug like you to pick up the whiny-bitch "we was robbed" Cuban mantra.
If you had even an ounce of athletic experience you would know how lame that is.
Why is it that a person who has zero personal experience with sports seeks his life validation on a football BB?

vailpass
06-21-2006, 01:34 PM

If Wade makes one of the two FTs he missed Terry's 3 wouldn't have mattered.

The "if" game can go on forever; thankfully scoreboard is all that counts.

Count Alex's Losses
06-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Why is it that a person who has zero personal experience with sports seeks his life validation on a football BB?

ROFL

Why is it that you act like you know everything about me when in fact you know jack shit? Stop humping my leg.

BIG_DADDY
06-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Wrong. The game would have gone to overtime. The refs would have then gifted Wade with about 15 free throws.

Heat is a better team although I do do think the refs made bad calls at the end of both games. I would have hated to see a team win because of free throw shooting percentages. Losing 4 straight is blowing it, period.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
If Wade makes one of the two FTs he missed Terry's 3 wouldn't have mattered.

The "if" game can go on forever; thankfully scoreboard is all that counts.

Ihaved coached hundreds of games-getting bad calls is part of every sport.

vailpass
06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Ihaved coached hundreds of games-getting bad calls is part of every sport.

Give that man a cigar!

I used to ref high school b-ball. Sometimes you blow a call but it all balances out at the end.

vailpass
06-21-2006, 02:00 PM
ROFL

Why is it that you act like you know everything about me when in fact you know jack shit? Stop humping my leg.

Says the dude posting form his mom's basement with a picture of a grown-up VIDEO GAME CHARACTER as his avvy.

Humping your leg?

Paging Doctor Freud; paging Doctor Freud.

Halfcan
06-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Give that man a cigar!

I used to ref high school b-ball. Sometimes you blow a call but it all balances out at the end.

Exactly, that is part of the game. In B-ball you always have your chances.

Prince22
06-21-2006, 03:13 PM
What does Pat Riley, Derrick Anderson, Antoine Walker, Nazr Mohammed and Tayshaun Prince have in common?

vailpass
06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
What does Pat Riley, Derrick Anderson, Antoine Walker, Nazr Mohammed and Tayshaun Prince have in common?

They all like their coffee black and their bitches white?? :shrug:

vailpass
06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Well?? What is the answer?

Count Alex's Losses
06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
a grown-up VIDEO GAME CHARACTER

When was Mario ever a child? ROFL