PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Our Troops-Kill em all -Let God sort em out

Hog Farmer
06-21-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-IRB-386w&search=iraq%20war

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 08:25 AM
That is a pretty kewl weapon. They had it on "Future Weapons" on Discovery and the The Milityary Channel. That was actual footage from somewhere out west in Arizona, New Mexico or Nevada IIRC.

That gatling gun is a new breed that puts out some insane amount of rounds per second. I can't remember exactly what amount I just remember it being completely unreal.

HC_Chief
06-21-2006, 08:59 AM
1 million rounds per minute = approx 16,667 rps

crispystl420
06-21-2006, 09:36 AM
1 million rounds per minute = approx 16,667 rps
Are you freakin serious?????????

JBucc
06-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Are you freakin serious?????????1000000/60=16666.666666666668

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Are you freakin serious?????????

I was thinking it was around 8,000 RPM or 133RPS but I don't remember.

But if you think about 133 Rounds Per Second how much lead you could scatter in a small area.

Like I said I don't remember correctly but I am pretty sure it wasn't 1,000,000 RPM :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I think I remember seeing that feature on the History channel too. That gun makes a weird ass sound. Almost like a buzzsaw.

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I think I remember seeing that feature on the History channel too. That gun makes a weird ass sound. Almost like a buzzsaw.

Yup

And while the guy was shooting the damn thing it was spitt'n out empty brass by the 55 gal barrel full.

Now that I think about it even 133RPS sounds way to high... can you imagine how fast and how often that thing would have to fire to get off 133 rounds in ONE SECOND?

Someone that has seen it more recently and can remember needs to jump in and post it!

jspchief
06-21-2006, 11:28 AM
1 million rounds per minute = approx 16,667 rpsAn Australian guy came up with the design for that gun in his garage. It's nowhere near actually being in production though. So while the technology exists in it's infancy, it's not a gun that currently exists in the field.

journeyscarab
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
They rock!

jspchief
06-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Here's a video of the 1m round per minute gun.

Metal Storm (http://www.metalstorm.com/index.php?src=news&prid=77&category=Latest%20Video%20%26%20Live%20Firings)

BIG_DADDY
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Die MF die MF die!!! ROFL

alanm
06-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Yup

And while the guy was shooting the damn thing it was spitt'n out empty brass by the 55 gal barrel full.

Now that I think about it even 133RPS sounds way to high... can you imagine how fast and how often that thing would have to fire to get off 133 rounds in ONE SECOND?

Someone that has seen it more recently and can remember needs to jump in and post it!

No, It was 1 million RPM. I saw it on the Military channel last Friday night. :eek:

journeyscarab
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Your tax dollars put to good use. ooo-rah!

BIG_DADDY
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Here's a video of the 1m round per minute gun.

Metal Storm (http://www.metalstorm.com/index.php?src=news&prid=77&category=Latest%20Video%20%26%20Live%20Firings)

Cool, I need to get me one of those. :)

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Cool, I need to get me one of those. :)

Perfect for home protection.

:D

BIG_DADDY
06-21-2006, 01:46 PM
DOPE LYRICS

"Die MF Die"

I don't need your forgiveness
I don't need your hate
I don't need your acceptance
So what should I do
I don't need your resistance
I don't need your prayers
I don't need your religion
I don't need a thing from you

I don't do what I've been told
Your so lame why don't you

Just go
Die mother ****er die mother ****er die

I don't need your prison
I don't need your pain
I don't need your decision
So what should I do
I don't need your approval
I don't need your hope
I don't need your lectures
I don't need a thing from you

I'll be sorry when I'm old
You're so full of shit man

Just go

Boom

I don't need your forgiveness
I don't need your hate
I don't need your acceptance
So what should I do

I'll be sorry so you've said
I'm not sorry
Bang You're Dead

Die

listopencil
06-21-2006, 02:05 PM
An Australian guy came up with the design for that gun in his garage. It's nowhere near actually being in production though. So while the technology exists in it's infancy, it's not a gun that currently exists in the field.

I wonder if that's the same thing I saw in Scientific American a few years ago? A guy designed a tube with layers of rounds then propellant. The first layer of propellant would be set off with an electric charge (I think) and the resulting compression would set off each layer in turn. The tube would generate incredible RPM numbers. I'll see if I can find it.

listopencil
06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, here it is:

http://www.sciamdigital.com/index.cfm?fa=Products.ViewIssuePreview&ARTICLEID_CHAR=6C532A65-5DDD-40F9-A670-4AB51271200

April 1999
Scientific American Magazine
Price: $7.95
File size: 8.24 MB

Taking Ballistics by Storm; April 1999; Scientific American Magazine; by Drollette; 1 Page(s)

"When you first hear of a gun without any moving mechanical parts, you tend to laugh. I know I had to withhold my giggles," recalls physicist Adam Drobot of Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), a company based in San Diego that evaluates new technologies. "But once you see the videotape of this test-firing, the giggle factor goes away."

The gun in question is something that even its inventor says comes out of left field. Termed Metal Storm, the weapon has no hammer, no trigger, no breechblock and no shell casings to eject. Equally unusual, a single barrel fires at a rate equivalent to one million rounds per minute. In comparison, the fastest conventional firearms (Gatling guns) fire only 6,000 rounds per minute.

jspchief
06-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Yea, it's the same gun.

It actually has more than one round in each barrell, and the electronic ignition is timed to set them off within a fraction of a second of each other. The hind shells actually help propel the front shells resulting in considerably higher velocity than traditional rounds.

The "1m per minute" is a little misleading. It isn't actually capable of firing 1 million rounds in a minute. It fire at a rate that would fire off 1m rounds in one minute, but it actually only fires like 200 rounds per burst.

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
The gun in the video at the top of the page IS NOT the same gun you guys are talking about. It is a gatling gun and it is the 6K or 8K RPM

The guns you guys are talking about look like a group of barrel all in rows and multiple rounds in each barrel going off at one time obliterating shit if I remember seeing it right?

EDIT: BTW I can't watch the Metal Storm video here at work as the Sonic Wall has it blocked so I can only Guess that is what you guys are talking about!

jspchief
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
The gun in the video at the top of the page IS NOT the same gun you guys are talking about. It is a gatling gun and it is the 6K or 8K RPM

The guns you guys are talking about look like a group of barrel all in rows and multiple rounds in each barrel going off at one time obliterating shit if I remember seeing it right?Right. Currently the fastest gun in the field is the gatling that is 6k rpm. The 1m rpm gun is not in use, it's still in developmental stages.

I posted a link to the video. It's from a company called Metal Storm. a few posts back.

Rain Man
06-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I enjoyed the aerial shot of all the pagans out on the street in a big swarm, and then a bomb or shell is planted right in the middle of them. Technology rules.

John_Wayne
06-21-2006, 05:59 PM
That is a pretty kewl weapon. They had it on "Future Weapons" on Discovery and the The Milityary Channel. That was actual footage from somewhere out west in Arizona, New Mexico or Nevada IIRC.

That gatling gun is a new breed that puts out some insane amount of rounds per second. I can't remember exactly what amount I just remember it being completely unreal.

. I don't think it's that new. Wasn't that the same gun in the movie Predator back in 1989? Maybe this one is an updated model of the Predator gun?

Kerberos
06-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think it's that new. Wasn't that the same gun in the movie Predator back in 1989? Maybe this one is an updated model of the Predator gun?

As a motorized gatling gun no that concept is not new. You are right they had one on Predator.

BUT..... On future weapons they took the camera into a plant where the gun, (in the video in first post), was a complete redesign of the original motorized gatling gun. The first few gatlings put out had bad problems with JAMS that would literally take half an hour to get the jam out and 90% of the time when it jamed it would break the mechanism inside and make the gun useless.

The guy they showed on Future Weapons redesigned the actual weapon completely and they would only show you certain parts that were not classified and how it worked. The new models are 99.995% Jam Free and when they do jam they showed how you can open it up and free it and start shooting again without problem.

So in essense it is a completely different motorized gatling gun than Jesse Ventura carried on Predator and calling everyone "Slack Jawed F.aggots".

:D

BIG_DADDY
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Sent this to some of the troops. Thanks for posting.

Hog Farmer
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Sent this to some of the troops. Thanks for posting.

Good Job BIG D.

There are some more good ones out there, I'll see if I can find when time allows.