PDA

View Full Version : Unintentionally hit Bill Self with a pool stick at a bar tonight

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
kinda funny....Bill Self was at the Phoggy Dogg tonight, I've never seen a coach drinking beer, shooting the $hit at a bar before. But I was playing pool, and I was lining up to break and I cocked back and I realized I had hit somebody with the pool stick because they bumped into me, and I turn around with a mean look on my face, because it usually makes me mad when somebody bumps me as I'm shooting, but I look up and sure enough it's Bill Self! and he just says "sorry man!" and I said.."that's cool" and went on to break.....interesting enough

tk13
06-22-2006, 01:40 AM
You're lucky he didn't choke on it.

Phobia
06-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Did you mention your robot girlfriend idea to him?

KCChiefsMan
You're lucky he didn't choke on it.

ROFL

but not funny, since I'm a KU alumn :cuss:

Phobia
I would have introduced myself as "Bradley".

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Did you mention your robot girlfriend idea to him?

nope, think I should have?

Rausch
06-22-2006, 01:46 AM
kinda funny....Bill Self was at the Phoggy Dogg tonight, I've never seen a coach drinking beer, shooting the $hit at a bar before. But I was playing pool, and I was lining up to break and I cocked back and I realized I had hit somebody with the pool stick because they bumped into me, and I turn around with a mean look on my face, because it usually makes me mad when somebody bumps me as I'm shooting, but I look up and sure enough it's Bill Self! and he just says "sorry man!" and I said.."that's cool" and went on to break.....interesting enough

You should have swung an empty beer mug at his temple and screamed "That's for being an underachieving slug."

Then taken the friggen stick to him a few times before the cops arrived...

Rausch
06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
nope, think I should have?

What do you have to lose?...

Phobia
06-22-2006, 01:48 AM
This thread is nearly as disappointing as the "showered with danyel sargeant" thread. Almost but not quite.

Rausch
06-22-2006, 01:49 AM
This thread is nearly as disappointing as the "showered with danyel sargeant" thread. Almost but not quite.

I disagree.

That thread was of the highest quality in the long run... :)

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2006, 01:50 AM

well, it's a story about our local celebrity that I felt like sharing with you

burt
06-22-2006, 01:53 AM
well, it's a story about our local celebrity that I felt like sharing with you

I am glad you didn't get an STD.....

ChiefaRoo
06-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Did the backswing of your cue knock his wig off?

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Did you offer to buy him only One Round of beers?

Phobia
06-22-2006, 02:15 AM
well, it's a story about our local celebrity that I felt like sharing with youI know. It's a great story. I just had high expectations. I expected some blood and EMS. Instead I get apologies and mean looks. I'm very hard to please. For that you have my apologies.

Rausch
06-22-2006, 02:18 AM
I know. It's a great story. I just had high expectations. I expected some blood and EMS. Instead I get apologies and mean looks. I'm very hard to please..

Pink says different. She says you take too much $#it from people.

And you don't buy Rausch enough beer when given the opportunity.

You should talk about this...

CHENZ A!
06-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Yu shoulda bought Bill a shot of Rumple or somethin.

Rausch
06-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Yu shoulda bought Bill a shot of Rumple or somethin.

For this, I kick your ass inside out...

CHENZ A!
06-22-2006, 02:41 AM
For this, I kick your ass inside out...

you think Bill'd be a whiskey man eh?

Logical
06-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Fascinating

Rausch
06-22-2006, 03:30 AM
you think Bill'd be a whiskey man eh?

Methinks yer' a n00b.

Once you've cought on to the inside jokes and more vulgar of our local legends you might understand my hatred for that most vile perversion of an alcoholic beverage to ever grace mein lips...

CHENZ A!
06-22-2006, 03:39 AM
If I was buyin, it'd be tequila. Cazadores is my shit.

Rumple is bad for you?

My devil is anything cinnamon flavored, Goldschlager :Lin: Hot damn :Lin: Fire water :Lin:

Rausch
06-22-2006, 03:57 AM
If I was buyin, it'd be tequila. Cazadores is my shit.

Rumple is bad for you?

My devil is anything cinnamon flavored, Goldschlager :Lin: Hot damn :Lin: Fire water :Lin:

Goodie.

More $3it to make my innards evacuate the premises at the speed of sound...

DeepSouth
06-22-2006, 07:55 AM
I know. It's a great story. I just had high expectations. I expected some blood and EMS. Instead I get apologies and mean looks. I'm very hard to please. For that you have my apologies.
Not everyone takes out karaoke singers along with all of the equipment while in a drunken stupor.

KCTitus
06-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Here's another riveting story...

This has been number of years ago...but I was hanging at the bar, Charlie Hoopers which is just off the plaza/downtown area with some friends and I saw Tom Watson playing pinball with friends. I didnt talk to him, but did have to walk past him to get to the head. Kind of interesting...

Bootlegged
06-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Here's another riveting story...

This has been number of years ago...but I was hanging at the bar, Charlie Hoopers which is just off the plaza/downtown area with some friends and I saw Tom Watson playing pinball with friends. I didnt talk to him, but did have to walk past him to get to the head. Kind of interesting...

Did he 3 putt the pinball?

ExtremeChief
06-22-2006, 10:02 AM

How does this gem slip through the cracks?????

:thumb:

KILLER_CLOWN
06-22-2006, 10:09 AM
How does this gem slip through the cracks?????

:thumb:

Go listen to Quin's rendition of Eye of the Tiger, you Hater! :p

Phobia
06-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Not everyone takes out karaoke singers along with all of the equipment while in a drunken stupor.

Heh heh. I had forgotten about that. Now that was an interesting story appropriately titled. When you say you "HIT" Bill Self you set an expectation level and then when people click in and see that it wasn't really a "hit" they're disappointed - like me.

banyon
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
The Phoggy Dog is teh suck.

Their felt is worn, their bumpers on the table are dead, their bartenders...(bitching continues in background)

But at least it's not "Bubba's" anymore with the slogan "cause you just never know"? WTF was up with that?

PastorMikH
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
You should have taken the cue and broke it over his head so he learns to stay away from people who are shooting pool. Then, when he's getting up, whack him again and tell him "THAT'S FOR LOSING TO BRADLEY!"

Fat Elvis
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
You know he thought you liked Nascar.

Fat Elvis
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I kicked Peter Frampton's ass playing pinball (Terminator) in Austin.

That dude is really short. I could of put my beer mug on his head.

Der Flöprer
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2006, 03:15 PM
The Phoggy Dog is teh suck.

Their felt is worn, their bumpers on the table are dead, their bartenders...(bitching continues in background)

But at least it's not "Bubba's" anymore with the slogan "cause you just never know"? WTF was up with that?

I disagree, I love the Phoggy Dogg, the owners and bartenders know me well and treat me well, the tables were recently refelted. I like it, it's my comfort zone.

Jilly
06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Where's the Phoggy dog? I've never heard of it

banyon
06-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I disagree, I love the Phoggy Dogg, the owners and bartenders know me well and treat me well, the tables were recently refelted. I like it, it's my comfort zone.

Ehh, to each his own I guess. Guess that means there'll be more space in the dives I enjoy. :)

Where's the Phoggy dog? I've never heard of it

23rd and Iowa, Behind Hasting's.

JazzzLovr
06-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Bob Dole's Joe Montana story is waaaayyyyyy better.

Rausch
06-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Bob Dole's Joe Montana story is waaaayyyyyy better.

Now it's on.

Do tell...

JazzzLovr
06-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Now it's on.

Do tell...

No way. He tells it much better than I could. He was telling us about it at Joe's place during 37 Forever weekend last year. I already sent him a PM pointing to that post. Hopefully he'll drop in and share the story and improve this thread. :D

I'm used to a certain level of entertainment when I click on a KCChiefsMan thread. I'm disappointed with this one. :shake:

;)

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2006, 04:06 PM
No way. He tells it much better than I could. He was telling us about it at Joe's place during 37 Forever weekend last year. I already sent him a PM pointing to that post. Hopefully he'll drop in and share the story and improve this thread. :D

I'm used to a certain level of entertainment when I click on a KCChiefsMan thread. I'm disappointed with this one. :shake:

;)

ya I guess this isn't Hall of Classic's worthy like a couple of my other one's have been in the past

Boyceofsummer
06-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I would have introduced myself as "Bradley".

and I'm still pissed about that game. I had to watch the damn thing on HD TV from a KC cable provider. Every player looked 5'8'' and overweight. I kept asking why the image was off. Finnaly I got a "****-you" from the owner. All the image controls were set to the correct levels. Any suggestions?

Thig Lyfe
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I've never seen a coach drinking beer

You obviously haven't been to Manhattan lately...

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2006, 10:38 PM
You obviously haven't been to Manhattan lately...

nope, never been...most of my years here Roy Williams was the coach and you certainly wouldn't see him out