PDA

View Full Version : WHO Is Really Trying to "Hijack" America?

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
In my work and personal life, I often hear people from all walks of life constantly, it seems, saying things along the line of:

"The 'blankety-blanks' are always tryin' to shove their values/religion/beliefs down our throat....."--down the 'throat' of American society! And I'm sick of it...they should just S.T.F.D. and S.T.F.U."

Or things to that effect. ;)

What are your thoughts? Is one "side" or the other, really, trying to impose their values on the rest of us? Or are they simply engaging in free speech and availing themselves of our democratic process? :shrug:

What say, you, ChiefsPlanet? :hmmm:

** You can vote for more than one of the categories.

JBucc
06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Everyone tries to shove thier values down other people's throats. This would all be solved if I were emporer but people aren't that smart.

BucEyedPea
06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I think a lot of it, but not all of it, is an exaggerated claim. I think a good amount of it is more some pots calling some kettles black. Since all law is based on someone's morality. To me it's just a matter of degree when it's a problem.

chagrin
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh shit, not this now - Kotter!!!!! Vlad has infected your bloodstream!

I think people tyring to shove political garbage down our throats are the real problem. Trying to have a fun day on the board here, hel-looo!!!

Inspector
06-22-2006, 03:12 PM
There are no more hijacks since we started screening everyone and checking inside of their shoes.

MOhillbilly
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
same hippy commies,just a diffrent day.

Count Alex's Losses
06-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I'll wear my hat if I want to. Don't impose your bullshit values on me, bitch!

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 03:16 PM

I think people tyring to shove political garbage down our throats are the real problem. Trying to have a fun day on the board here, hel-looo!!!

Eh, it's a harmless poll.....I think.

There seems to be a new policy in place, best I can ascertain:

"...if it's political but can be talked about in a civil fashion, we'll keep in in the Lounge for awhile. At least until it, drops of the first couple of pages....or until it becomes a partisan bitch-fest (usually signaled by passionate involvement by 2 or 3 DC posters, in particular....heh)."

I could be wrong. And if I am, I'm sure a mod will be along shortly to instruct us....:shrug:

pr_capone
06-22-2006, 03:16 PM
http://sighost.org/sigs/stfugaz.jpg

MOhillbilly
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Everyone tries to shove thier values down other people's throats. This would all be solved if I were emporer but people aren't that smart.

most of the things i care about,that are being taken away comes from the left ****ing bleeding heart sissy marys.

JBucc
06-22-2006, 03:19 PM
...or until it becomes a partisan bitch-festNo way that will happen in a thread about which party is shoving stuff down our throats.

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
No way that will happen in a thread about which party is shoving stuff down our throats.

I didn't say "party".....I said liberal and conservative--there is a distinction. Sometimes enough of one to keep the shills at bay....

StcChief
06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I didn't say "party".....I said liberal and conservative--there is a distinction. Sometimes enough of one to keep the shills at bay....

LWNJ/RWNJ extremes either way are bad for all. Unless it's a dictatorship
which it isn't.

So will vote for Alice Cooper and the 'Wild Party'

Elected - Alice Cooper

I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice,
I wanna be elected,
I'm your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce,
I wanna be elected,
Kids want a savior, don't need a fake,
I wanna be elected,
We're all gonna rock to the rules that I make,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected.

Good evening Mr & Mrs America and all ships at sea,
The candidate is taking the country by storm.

I never lied to you, I've always been cool,
I wanna be elected,
I gotta get the vote, and I told you 'bout school,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected,
Hallelujah, I wanna be selected,
Everyone in the United States of America.

We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm,
We're gonna be elected,
You and me together, young and strong,
We're gonna be elected, elected, elected,
Respected, selected, call collected,
I wanna be elected, elected.

"And if I am elected
I promise the formation of a new party
A third party, the Wild Party!
I know we have problems,
We got problems right here in Central City,
We have problems on the North, South, East and West,
New York City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago,
Everybody has problems,
And personally, I don't care."

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
LWNJ/RWNJ extremes either way are bad for all. Unless it's a dictatorship
which it isn't.

So will vote for Alice Cooper and the 'Wild Party'

Elected - Alice Cooper

I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice,
I wanna be elected,
I'm your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce,
I wanna be elected,
Kids want a savior, don't need a fake,
I wanna be elected,
We're all gonna rock to the rules that I make,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected.

Good evening Mr & Mrs America and all ships at sea,
The candidate is taking the country by storm.

I never lied to you, I've always been cool,
I wanna be elected,
I gotta get the vote, and I told you 'bout school,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected,
Hallelujah, I wanna be selected,
Everyone in the United States of America.

We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm,
We're gonna be elected,
You and me together, young and strong,
We're gonna be elected, elected, elected,
Respected, selected, call collected,
I wanna be elected, elected.

"And if I am elected
I promise the formation of a new party
A third party, the Wild Party!
I know we have problems,
We got problems right here in Central City,
We have problems on the North, South, East and West,
New York City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago,
Everybody has problems,
And personally, I don't care."

heh. Alice rocks.

Too bad the wackos on either side aren't as harmless.

BucEyedPea
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM

What? A Fun day on the board at work???
It won't bother you so much if you just get back to work in that cubicle of yours Dilbert! Tee Hee! ROFL

Logical
06-22-2006, 05:34 PM
There is an inconsistency in your poll answers that flaws the results.

For RWNJs you only included religious not non-religious.

Whereas for LWNJs you included both in that category.

Hydrae
06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
That's kind of interesting timing. I happened across this quote last night and made it my new sig just today:

The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters.
- Dwight D Eisenhower

Adept Havelock
06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
That's kind of interesting timing. I happened across this quote last night and made it my new sig just today:

The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters.
- Dwight D Eisenhower

That's one reason "I like Ike". :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 11:09 PM
That's one reason "I like Ike". :thumb:

Yup, he sure was right about that one.

Of course, the idealogues will be along shortly to tell us that bitter partisanship (as opposed to partisan politics) is necessary in democracy for "progress."

And we should be ashamed for being in the "mushy middle" where consensus and compromise are four-letter slurs, apparently....:rolleyes:

:banghead:

Adept Havelock
06-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Yup, he sure was right about that one.

Of course, the idealogues will be along shortly to tell us that bitter partisanship (as opposed to partisan politics) is necessary in democracy for "progress."

And we should be ashamed for being in the "mushy middle" where consensus and compromise are four-letter slurs, apparently....:rolleyes:

:banghead:

Well, I would agree that partisanship is a part of democracy, and occasionally a great benefit to it. That said, it's been taken to such an extreme (i.e. "bitter partisanship") that those benefits are few and far between these days.

On some things, a middle ground approach is best, on others, well...

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
What those "others" are....Aye, there's the rub.

I did see one major flaw in your poll, Kotter. I had nowhere to express my belief that it is YOU who are attempting to hijack America. My only question is to which nation will you have us fly it? Lichtenstein? The Duchy of Grand Fenwick? ROFL

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Well....

I did see one major flaw in your poll, Kotter. I had nowhere to express my belief that it is YOU who are attempting to hijack America. My only question is to which nation will you have us fly it? Lichtenstein? The Duchy of Grand Fenwick? ROFL

Which has better beer, buffalo wings, and nude beaches? :shrug:

BucEyedPea
06-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Which has better beer, buffalo wings, and nude beaches? :shrug:
I can tell you where the good nude beaches are but they don't have buffalo wings.

Didn't have beer though just ouzo.

Adept Havelock
06-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Grand Fenwick makes a great Pinot Noir.....
That close to Germany, the beer can't be bad.
Sadly, most of the women appear to look like Peter Sellers in Drag. [/mouse that roared]

BucEyedPea
06-23-2006, 12:08 AM
That close to Germany, the beer can't be bad.

Oh they have good beer in the area, especially with the number of Germans that vacation there...they just did not have it available at this good nude beach I think Kotter would like. :p

Mr. Kotter
06-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I can tell you where the good nude beaches are but they don't have buffalo wings.

Didn't have beer though just ouzo.

Ah-Ha.....see....and they say Conservative women are prudes. If only they knew....:)

BucEyedPea
06-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Only thing is Kotter, I didn't know that's where my excursion was actually taking me. You know how the European's are.

Cochise
06-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I think we're being hijacked by ghey threads :p

Moooo
06-23-2006, 08:09 AM
It amazes me that this far into the discussion only 8 people seem to think the first amendment has something to do with it.

Moooo

Mr. Kotter
06-23-2006, 08:23 AM
It amazes me that this far into the discussion only 8 people seem to think the first amendment has something to do with it.

Moooo
Yup. I've had the same thought....part of it may be some didn't realize you could make multiple choices....another part though is some people are fine with "free speech" from people with whom they agree, but not with those with whom they may disagree.....and if that's the case, it's quite sad.

I think we're being hijacked by ghey threads :p

Well, I'm not the blame for that.....of late anyway. :p