PDA

View Full Version : Svitek kicked out of drill

The Poz
06-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Chiefs | Svitek kicked out of drill
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 05:32:54 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OT Will Svitek got in a fight and was kicked out of a drill Thursday, June 22. "You fight in the game, you get kicked out and you get a big fine," Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards said. "It's a bunch of money. More money than he can afford. He's a rookie guy, so he should watch it."

Wasn't he getting into fights in his first traing camp last year?

StcChief
06-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Provoke the rookie again to see if he still wants to fight on the field....Hello line coach take care of your guy.

Gonzo
06-23-2006, 08:04 AM
:$2500: ?????????

RockChalk
06-23-2006, 08:10 AM
boooooooobssss

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
i wonder if he was gettin mangled or was doing the manglin'?

JBucc
06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
I want to know who he was fighting

Jilly
06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
I always thought it was a good thing to get that revved up in practice? Doesn't that happen all the time?

ChiefsfaninPA
06-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Hopefully this is a sign that the dude is aggressive. But more than likely he was getting his arse handed to him and was frustrated.

Cochise
06-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Hopefully this is a sign that the dude is aggressive. But more than likely he was getting his arse handed to him and was frustrated.

That's what I was thinking. You don't start throwing fists if you're owning the guy on the other side of the line.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 08:28 AM
That's what I was thinking. You don't start throwing fists if you're owning the guy on the other side of the line.

Either that or the defender was doing something that annoyed him. I don't know how this may be the case, but I've played sports where someone else would keep doing this one little thing that would drive me nuts, even when it didn't work.

Moooo

Fried Meat Ball!
06-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Either that or the defender was doing something that annoyed him. I don't know how this may be the case, but I've played sports where someone else would keep doing this one little thing that would drive me nuts, even when it didn't work.

Moooo
Kinda like playing Madden online. I always get that douchenozzle that only throws deep to Randy Moss. Or always throws screens to Ladanian Tomlinson. Or blitzes every down. :banghead:

JBucc
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Kinda like playing Madden online. I always get that douchenozzle that only throws deep to Randy Moss. Or always throws screens to Ladanian Tomlinson. Or blitzes every down. :banghead:Or the guy that gets Atlanta and goes five wide every time then runs Vick all over your ass.

Demonpenz
06-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Ususally the fights break out when it is 101 degrees and yo are going full pads and things get chippy. I am surprised it happened in this situation

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Ususally the fights break out when it is 101 degrees and yo are going full pads and things get chippy. I am surprised it happened in this situation

Maybe hes taking a stand early?

noa
06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Maybe Welbourn passed on his 'roids to Svitek before retiring.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Fathers planned quiet time with their kids, bachelors planned trips, and coach Herm Edwards said he’s off to California now that the Chiefs have wrapped up offseason practices. One question will undoubtedly dog him all the way to his home state.

When are the Chiefs signing cornerback Ty Law?

Edwards cracked a smile when the Law question popped up again

Thursday. “I’m a prophet,” Edwards said. “I told you guys when the story started that he won’t sign, you won’t see Ty Law until training camp somewhere. We’ll see him at somebody’s training camp. And we’ll leave it at that.”

Will power

One man who wasn’t smiling Thursday was lineman Will Svitek, who got into a fight and was kicked out of a drill.

Veteran guard Brian Waters tried to plead Svitek’s case. He wanted the young tackle, who just came back from NFL Europe, to be able to finish his final workout.

But Edwards, who said he’s been encouraged by Svitek’s progress, wanted to send a message.

“You fight in the game, you get kicked out and you get a big fine,” he said. “It’s a bunch of money. More money than he can afford. He’s a rookie guy, so he should watch it.”

See you in July

The Chiefs will break for a month and start training camp July 28 in River Falls, Wis.

Edwards is a big believer in giving his players rest, but he also knows that’s a lot of time to pick up some bad habits.

I've told them it would be a shame that after all the work they put in if we have to come to training camp and emphasize conditioning,” Edwards said.

<HR class=tagline color=#cccccc SIZE=1>

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
i want to know who he got into the fight with ..... and was that guy kicked out too?

or is Edwards playing favorites with the defense?

Fish
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Svitek got into several fights last year in training camp as well....

At first I thought it was encouraging.... but now that it keeps happening I wonder.......

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Svitek got into several fights last year in training camp as well....

At first I thought it was encouraging.... but now that it keeps happening I wonder.......
i didn't see svitek get into any fights in NFLE

John_Wayne
06-23-2006, 10:26 AM
If he kept his helmet on his own head, I'm OK with it. I like the aggressiveness.

jspchief
06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Good. I like a tackle with a mean streak.

Him and Turley can take turns throwing the decapitated heads of opposing defenders into the stands at Arrowhead.

58-4ever
06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm in the camp that likes this as well. If Waters was defending him, then it makes it even better. Obviously, Waters is going to be a staple in the Pro Bowl for years to come.

FAX
06-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Here we are with Roaf considering not coming back, Welbourn retired, Turley coming out of retirement and off an injury, etc. and Hermie is kicking tackles out of practice for getting mad?

These are the outer limits.

EDIT: fixed roaf reference. going out for antidepressants.

FAX

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Here we are with Roaf not coming back

:spock:

since when?

KCBOSS1
06-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Good. I like a tackle with a mean streak.

Him and Turley can take turns throwing the decapitated heads of opposing defenders into the stands at Arrowhead.

or cost us 45 yards per game.

FAX
06-23-2006, 10:50 AM
:spock:

since when?

Sorry, Mr. Laz. That was a little over the top. But, Mr. Bob Dole posted a thread all about how Roaf was considering not coming back. It's somewhere on the front page.

I'm really very upset about it and overstated matters a tad. Please accept my most sincere and humble apologies. My mind is all a'twinder in respect to the matter.

FAX

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry, Mr. Laz. That was a little over the top. But, Mr. Bob Dole posted a thread all about how Roaf was considering not coming back. It's somewhere on the front page.

I'm really very upset about it and overstated matters a tad. Please accept my most sincere and humble apologies. My mind is all a'twinder in respect to the matter.

FAX
ok Mr. Shane .... no problem

ROFL