PDA

View Full Version : QB of the Future

NJ Chief Fan
06-23-2006, 09:43 AM
so who are we chief fans pulling for to be the QBOTF, me personally im on the croyle bandwagon. as i was watching the draft with some friends and before we selected hali, i told them the chiefs were drafting croyle in the 3rd, i wasnt around to see the selection but my friends called me that we just selected him, they laughed at me and told me brodie is gonna suck and i told them we shall see. nothing against printers, but im not big on mobile qbs

JBucc
06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Croyle all the way. I'd like to keep Printers around too though.

Phobia
06-23-2006, 09:45 AM
They both have more skill than any QBOTF we've had in the past 2 decades.

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 09:47 AM
who cares as long as they can get the hand off down w/out mistakes.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 09:49 AM
I say Printers, cause he doesn't seem to be QB of the future. It never goes according to plan, Croyle will probably become a carrer backup, and this is a Bama fan saying that.

Moooo

NaptownChief
06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't care who I just want one of them to turn out to be a top notch solution.

burt
06-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Croyle all the way. I'd like to keep Printers around too though.

I totally agree....

sedated
06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I hope printers, because having a mobile QB has some great advantages.

but me thinks croyle has a better chance.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
If Brodie Croyle was to become the next Trent Green and Casey Printers the next Daunte Culpepper, I would take Croyle. The thing I'm worried about is keeping both on the team. They both have way too much potiental.

NaptownChief
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
I hope printers, because having a mobile QB has some great advantages.

In theory....but in reality history keeps repeating itself in that those with great wheels fall back on them too often and never fully develop as a passer. QB's with excellent speed are the QB's of the future and always will be.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
In theory....but in reality history keeps repeating itself in that those with great wheels fall back on them too often and never fully develop as a passer. QB's with excellent speed are the QB's of the future and always will be.

The key is to use it sporadically, a'la Steve Young or horseface.

I think this is where McNabb used to have problems, and is why he is getting better even now.

Moooo

NaptownChief
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
The key is to use it sporadically, a'la Steve Young or horseface.

I think this is where McNabb used to have problems, and is why he is getting better even now.

Moooo

exactly.

ck_IN
06-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I guess I'll go with 'other'.

I'm not a fan of mobile QB's. As Nap said they never truely develop into passers. Young was the exception but Vick and Cunningham are the rule. Perhaps I've missed something but I also have to wonder how Printers lost his starting job if he's all that. I'm not saying it's proof of anything but it is a valid question.

Croyles strikes me as a career backup. Maybe he'll become Joe Motanna, but I think Todd Collins is more likely.

DaKCMan AP
06-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Both please.

Get rid of Huard. If (please-forbid) Green went down, it's not like we'd win if Huard were in there over Croyle-Printers.

JBucc
06-23-2006, 10:38 AM
If Brodie Croyle was to become the next Trent Green and Casey Printers the next Daunte Culpepper, I would take Croyle. Oyeafugd that's a tough one. My heart says Green but my head says Culpepper.

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Oyeafugd that's a tough one. My heart says Green but my head says Culpepper.

Your head is telling you to pick a guy that, if he can manage to play enough years, will break Dave Krieg's fumbling record?

Predarat
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
When was the last time a Chiefs QBOTF actually panned out?

JBucc
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Your head is telling you to pick a guy that, if he can manage to play enough years, will break Dave Krieg's fumbling record?I just like him AS A PLAYER

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I just like him.

You're gay.

Seriously, that was the first explanation I thought of.

Why do you "just like" a guy who's really done nothing but lose?

JBucc
06-23-2006, 10:57 AM
You're gay.

Why do you "just like" a guy who's really done nothing but lose?What has Trent won?

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 10:58 AM
You're gay.

Why do you "just like" a guy who's really done nothing but lose?
racist

penguinz
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
so who are we chief fans pulling for to be the QBOTF, me personally im on the croyle bandwagon. as i was watching the draft with some friends and before we selected hali, i told them the chiefs were drafting croyle in the 3rd, i wasnt around to see the selection but my friends called me that we just selected him, they laughed at me and told me brodie is gonna suck and i told them we shall see. nothing against printers, but im not big on mobile qbs
Good point/ Mobile QB's don;t win SuperBowls. You can ask Elway and Young.

jspchief
06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
When was the last time a Chiefs QBOTF actually panned out?When was the last time we had a QBotF that actually had any talent?

It's not like we've been blowing through high draft picks in an effort to develop a QB. Croyle is the highest we've drafted a QB since Matt frickin Blundin in 1992.

jspchief
06-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Good point/ Mobile QB's don;t win SuperBowls. You can ask Elway and Young.You can take elway's name off that list. He wasn't exactly the white Vick by the time he won the Superbowl.

penguinz
06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
You can take elway's name off that list. He wasn't exactly the white Vick by the time he won the Superbowl.
He was still a*mobile QB. He was just smart enough to pick and choose when he needed to scramble.

NaptownChief
06-23-2006, 11:26 AM
He was still a*mobile QB. He was just smart enough to pick and choose when he needed to scramble.

He rushed for 94 yards his final season they won the Super Bowl. He was not a statue like Marino but while being a good all around athlete Elways was a passer with a little bit of mobility....much like Favre. He sure as heck doesn't belong in the "running QB" category. Young on the other hand was a running QB but he is the only one to date that has actually been able to combine running skills with top notch passing skills. The guy was completing about 70% of his passes and throwing for 4000 yards. He was a freak and to date he is the first and only great passer that could actually run.

StcChief
06-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Printers has to be trade bait to get another tackle.

NaptownChief
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Printers has to be trade bait to get another tackle.

Not much value for CFL players who have proven zero at the NFL level. About the only kind of tackle you will get for him until he proves his worth on the field is a revolving door like Jordan Black

Chiefs Minor Satellite
06-23-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't see Todd Blackledge on the list. What's going on?

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 11:49 AM
What has Trent won?

Nothing.

But he's also not setting records for fumbles, either.

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Not much value for CFL players who have proven zero at the NFL level. About the only kind of tackle you will get for him until he proves his worth on the field is a revolving door like Jordan Black

No shit.

jlscorpio
06-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Croyle, period. Printers is a project that couldn't hang on to a starting spot in the C-F-Freaking-L.

NJ Chief Fan
06-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Croyle, period. Printers is a project that couldn't hang on to a starting spot in the C-F-Freaking-L.
so is croyle at this point

jlscorpio
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Croyle never played in the C-F-Freaking-L...

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
so is croyle at this point

There's a reason Croyle was drafted and Printers wasn't.

NJ Chief Fan
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
ne he hasnt but hes just coming out of college, how many qbs come out of college and are ready to play right away and contribute...im all for croyle, but hes still a project

NJ Chief Fan
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM
There's a reason Croyle was drafted and Printers wasn't.
very true, but all i am sayin is that brodie is still needs to transform from being a college qb to an nfl qb, and that makes him a "project"

jlscorpio
06-23-2006, 01:27 PM
so I guess every QB ever to enter the league was a project?

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
very true, but all i am sayin is that brodie is still needs to transform from being a college qb to an nfl qb, and that makes him a "project"

He's less of a project, with more upside, than Printers.

NJ Chief Fan
06-23-2006, 03:47 PM
He's less of a project, with more upside, than Printers.

thats to be seen, but like i said im hoping brodie is our future and a bright one at that! :)

milkman
06-23-2006, 09:01 PM
He rushed for 94 yards his final season they won the Super Bowl. He was not a statue like Marino but while being a good all around athlete Elways was a passer with a little bit of mobility....much like Favre. He sure as heck doesn't belong in the "running QB" category. Young on the other hand was a running QB but he is the only one to date that has actually been able to combine running skills with top notch passing skills. The guy was completing about 70% of his passes and throwing for 4000 yards. He was a freak and to date he is the first and only great passer that could actually run.

I guess you never heard of Fran Tarkenton.

JBucc
06-23-2006, 09:21 PM
I guess you never heard of Fran Tarkenton.I wasn't alive when he played but watching some NFL films features I bet he was fun to watch.

Hydrae
06-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I guess I'll go with 'other'.

I'm not a fan of mobile QB's. As Nap said they never truely develop into passers. Young was the exception but Vick and Cunningham are the rule. Perhaps I've missed something but I also have to wonder how Printers lost his starting job if he's all that. I'm not saying it's proof of anything but it is a valid question.

Croyles strikes me as a career backup. Maybe he'll become Joe Motanna, but I think Todd Collins is more likely.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on this (dead tired, no brain activity) but I thought it was a Gannon/Grbac type situation. Original starter gets hurt, Printers takes over and leads the the team TO the Grey Cup, original starter takes back over for the big game. A lot of couches espouse the idea that you don't lose your job to an injury and I think that was the situation here.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong on this (dead tired, no brain activity) but I thought it was a Gannon/Grbac type situation. Original starter gets hurt, Printers takes over and leads the the team TO the Grey Cup, original starter takes back over for the big game. A lot of couches espouse the idea that you don't lose your job to an injury and I think that was the situation here.

This is a funny typo. Than you for posting while tired, you made me laugh...

Moooo

Otter
06-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Duh, Brodie

Lurch
06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Unless Printers shocks the monkey, it will be Croyle.

milkman
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Unless Printers shocks the monkey, it will be Croyle.

Is that anything like spanking the monkey?

CHIEF4EVER
06-24-2006, 11:42 PM

Methinks you forgot about a guy named Roger Staubach. He was a good passer and a good scrambler as well.