PDA

View Full Version : Must Watch TV... Frontline's The Dark Side

jAZ
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/

jAZ
06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm curious if anyone has taken the time to watch this.

HC_Chief
06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I watched part of it... had to turn it off - it was pure hogwash propaganada. FFS they let Joe Wilson state that he was an EXPERT on WMD and the CIA <i>sent him to Niger</i>! :spock:

Did michael moore write the script? It reeked of his brand of pseudodocumentary rubbish.

alanm
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm suprised the gubment hasn't stopped funding for PBS for being a tool for the LWNJ's. :shake:

jAZ
06-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I watched part of it... had to turn it off - it was pure hogwash propaganada. FFS they let Joe Wilson state that he was an EXPERT on WMD and the CIA <i>sent him to Niger</i>!
You should learn to lie better if you are going to not watch a video, read about it on another blog and then pretend you watched the beginning but had to quit...

The Wilson segment isn't until the the last 1/4 of the whole thing... the only thing the documentary said was that he was Ambasador... he said "I knew a lot about uranium mining, I knew a lot about Niger".

Hell, there was a whole segment justifying the Cheney/Bush efforts to blame the CIA at the front end of the program. They show Richard Clarke talking about how the CIA missed a massive Iraqi Nuke program in the past.

Anyone who pretends this video is propaganda has made zero effort to actually watch the thing. It actually gave me reason to look more favorably on the WH for some of their decision making between 9/11 and Iraq. That's a near hurculean effort.

Logical
06-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm suprised the gubment hasn't stopped funding for PBS for being a tool for the LWNJ's. :shake:

Most of the funding for PBS programming comes from donations not the government. Government funding as I understand it barely covers operations if that.

Pitt Gorilla
06-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm suprised the gubment hasn't stopped funding for PBS for being a tool for the LWNJ's. :shake:My son watches PBS daily. No commercials = good learning opportunities for the kids. Consider your point trumped by many parents of young children who don't want to buy the latest crap.

headsnap
06-24-2006, 08:14 PM
My son watches PBS daily. No commercials = good learning opportunities for the kids. Consider your point trumped by many parents of young children who don't want to buy the latest crap.

You sure about that no commercials thing?

I suggest you watch that crap with your kids sometime...

I'm craving some cereal from Kellogg...

mlyonsd
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I probably watch more PBS than all other channels combined. I'm lucky to be located in a place I pick up PBS channels from three states. They rarely have the same thing on at the same time.

Didn't catch the Frontline program though.

the Talking Can
06-24-2006, 08:28 PM
uh, these people don't do "facts"...

Pitt Gorilla
06-24-2006, 08:41 PM
You sure about that no commercials thing?

I suggest you watch that crap with your kids sometime...

I'm craving some cereal from Kellogg...I've seen quite a bit of it, and the little "sponsorships" are nothing like Nick commercials. Of course, you probably knew that.

BTW,
most of the documentaries are pretty good (and seem to be politically neutral, if that's possible).

mlyonsd
06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
I've seen quite a bit of it, and the little "sponsorships" are nothing like Nick commercials. Of course, you probably knew that.

BTW,
most of the documentaries are pretty good (and seem to be politically neutral, if that's possible).

NOVA is one of the best shows any form of the American media puts out.

HC_Chief
06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
You should learn to lie better if you are going to not watch a video, read about it on another blog and then pretend you watched the beginning but had to quit...

WTF are you rambling about, loonie? Where did I say I started watching it <i>from the beginning</i>? I said I watched part of it... happened to be the part where Wilson started espousing outright LIES (wow, what a shocker), then the commentator came on stating Wilson had been sent to Niger BY THE CIA, because he was some sort of "expert". Utter rubbish. That alone, was enough to prove the program to not only be full of factual holes, but blatently untrue in its presentation of the Valerie Plame "incident" (or non-incident if you consider the fact that she wasn't even a covert operative; hadn't been one within the five years prior to the diaboliucal "outing", and therefore no crime was committeed in the first place, but you lunatic dumbshits flail about anyway). :grr:

jAZ
06-24-2006, 09:11 PM
WTF are you rambling about, loonie? Where did I say I started watching it <i>from the beginning</i>? I said I watched part of it... happened to be the part where Wilson started espousing outright LIES (wow, what a shocker), then the commentator came on stating Wilson had been sent to Niger BY THE CIA, because he was some sort of "expert". Utter rubbish. That alone, was enough to prove the program to not only be full of factual holes, but blatently untrue in its presentation of the Valerie Plame "incident" (or non-incident if you consider the fact that she wasn't even a covert operative; hadn't been one within the five years prior to the diaboliucal "outing", and therefore no crime was committeed in the first place, but you lunatic dumbshits flail about anyway). :grr:
Wow. I'll be patient and simply ask that you provide some facts (and links to documentation of these facts) showing that the CIA didn't send Wilson. Also, any facts or even releveant details that explain why Wilson didn't "...kn(o)w a lot about uranium mining, ... (and) kn(o)w a lot about Niger". You are asserting some pretty "out there" things, I'd say it's fair to ask you to show that you are not at least making them up, or parroting someone who is making them up.

Hydrae
06-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I watched part of it... had to turn it off - it was pure hogwash propaganada. FFS they let Joe Wilson state that he was an EXPERT on WMD and the CIA <i>sent him to Niger</i>! :spock:

Did michael moore write the script? It reeked of his brand of pseudodocumentary rubbish.

Before writing something like this off, you should try watching from the beginning. I have not watched the whole thing yet either but perhaps they provide a basis for these claims. I really hate knee jerk reactions to things a person hasn't even given 1/2 a chance (not asking for a full chance, just a half). If your mind is that closed, there is no need to respond to the thread.

jAZ
06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
...I said I watched part of it... happened to be the part where Wilson started espousing outright LIES
Good to hear that you watched almost none of it.

the Talking Can
06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm keeping a list:

fat people - accountable
Joe Wilson - accountable
The President - not accountable

Ultra Peanut
06-25-2006, 04:56 AM
I'm craving some cereal from Kellogg...Who isn't?

Corn Flakes are modern manna.

uh, these people don't do "facts"...Facts are worthless because they're based in reality. Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

the Talking Can
06-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

perhaps the greatest line ever....

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Wow. I'll be patient and simply ask that you provide some facts (and links to documentation of these facts) showing that the CIA didn't send Wilson. Also, any facts or even releveant details that explain why Wilson didn't "...kn(o)w a lot about uranium mining, ... (and) kn(o)w a lot about Niger". You are asserting some pretty "out there" things, I'd say it's fair to ask you to show that you are not at least making them up, or parroting someone who is making them up.

Alright, you dumbf*cks, try reading <a href="http://www.gpoaccess.gov/serialset/creports/iraq.html">Report of the Select Committee on Intelligence on the U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq</a>.

per Wikipedia:
Here are the facts as determined by the Senate Select Committee's investigation (pages 39-44):

The U.S. embassy in Niger issued a cable reporting that the alleged Iraq-Niger uranium deal warranted a hard look.

<i>Valerie Plame</i> suggested her husband travel to Niger to look into it.

A WINPAC analyst sent an email saying the results "from this source" will be suspect and not believable but CIA decided to send Wilson anyway.

In February 2002, Wilson arrived in Niger and met with former officials of Niger, no current officials.

On March 1, 2002 the CIA published an intelligence assessment, Niger: Sale of Uranium to Iraq is Unlikely, unrelated to Wilson's trip. This assessment was not provided to Vice President Cheney.

On March 8, 2002 an intelligence report based on Wilson's trip was disseminated. The report indicated the former Prime Minister of Niger had said no contracts to sell uranium to Iraq were signed during his tenure. However, an Iraqi delegation had approached him in June 1999 to discuss "expanding commercial relations." The Prime Minister took this to mean uranium yellowcake sales. The PM let the matter drop due to UN sanctions on Iraq.

The Senate Report was critical of Wilson because his description of his findings differed from the DO intelligence report and his description of the information provided to him by the CIA differed from the CIA's account. Wilson told the Senate his findings refuted the notion Iraq had sought uranium from Niger. The intelligence report actually confirmed that Iraq had approached Niger for increased trade, which was interpreted by the PM as seeking uranium. Wilson claimed the CIA told him about documents pertaining to an alleged uranium sale to Iraq. The CIA reports officer denied giving Wilson any such information and noted there were no "documents" circulating at the time. (Pages 44-45)

Wilson was a foreign service diplomat with NO OFFICIAL EXPERTISE in the areas of WEAPONRY, CHEMISTRY, or MILITARY MATTERS. His WIFE, via an act of nepostism, got him a free trip to Niger.

The man has espoused outright lies in regards to the actions of several senior government officials and advisors. Fact of the matter is no one "outed" his wife. The only indictments that came down were against Scooter for perjury. YOU still can't admit you are wrong, and all of your leftist friends will buy ANYTHING that is blatently false as long as it is anti-Bush. You people suffer from psychosis. Seek help.

the Talking Can
06-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Alright, you dumbf*cks, try reading <a href="http://www.gpoaccess.gov/serialset/creports/iraq.html">Report of the Select Committee on Intelligence on the U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq</a>.

per Wikipedia:
Here are the facts as determined by the Senate Select Committee's investigation (pages 39-44):

The U.S. embassy in Niger issued a cable reporting that the alleged Iraq-Niger uranium deal warranted a hard look.

<i>Valerie Plame</i> suggested her husband travel to Niger to look into it.

A WINPAC analyst sent an email saying the results "from this source" will be suspect and not believable but CIA decided to send Wilson anyway.

In February 2002, Wilson arrived in Niger and met with former officials of Niger, no current officials.

On March 1, 2002 the CIA published an intelligence assessment, Niger: Sale of Uranium to Iraq is Unlikely, unrelated to Wilson's trip. This assessment was not provided to Vice President Cheney.

On March 8, 2002 an intelligence report based on Wilson's trip was disseminated. The report indicated the former Prime Minister of Niger had said no contracts to sell uranium to Iraq were signed during his tenure. However, an Iraqi delegation had approached him in June 1999 to discuss "expanding commercial relations." The Prime Minister took this to mean uranium yellowcake sales. The PM let the matter drop due to UN sanctions on Iraq.

The Senate Report was critical of Wilson because his description of his findings differed from the DO intelligence report and his description of the information provided to him by the CIA differed from the CIA's account. Wilson told the Senate his findings refuted the notion Iraq had sought uranium from Niger. The intelligence report actually confirmed that Iraq had approached Niger for increased trade, which was interpreted by the PM as seeking uranium. Wilson claimed the CIA told him about documents pertaining to an alleged uranium sale to Iraq. The CIA reports officer denied giving Wilson any such information and noted there were no "documents" circulating at the time. (Pages 44-45)

Wilson was a foreign service diplomat with NO OFFICIAL EXPERTISE in the areas of WEAPONRY, CHEMISTRY, or MILITARY MATTERS. His WIFE, via an act of nepostism, got him a free trip to Niger.

The man has espoused outright lies in regards to the actions of several senior government officials and advisors. Fact of the matter is no one "outed" his wife. The only indictments that came down were against Scooter for perjury. YOU still can't admit you are wrong, and all of your leftist friends will buy ANYTHING that is blatently false as long as it is anti-Bush. You people suffer from psychosis. Seek help.

talk about selective....lord...Wilson confirmed what everyone else confirmed, the story was bogus...interesting you don't mention the facts of the forged document, its history, and its inclusion in the SOTU after the CIA told Bush to remove it from a speech two months prior...no mention of the lies about the aluminum tubes in the same speech...no mention about the report debunking, in detail, every claim Bush made...Curveball...Chalabi...the OSP...

you're just another person who holds non-elected officials to one standard and the President of the United States to no standard...no standard at all

and that is pathological....the more people line up to scream about Wilson the more they reveal their essential dishonesty...on view every single day here in the DC....still waiting for someone to hold the President and Commander in Chief accountable....still waiting...

and where is part II of the report? oh yeah, you're probably not concerned about that...are you, you lover of truth....

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 10:10 AM
talk about selective....lord...Wilson confirmed what everyone else confirmed, the story was bogus...interesting you don't mention the facts of the forged document, its history, and its inclusion in the SOTU after the CIA told Bush to remove it from a speech two months prior...no mention of the lies about the aluminum tubes in the same speech...no mention about the report debunking, in detail, every claim Bush made...Curveball...Chalabi...the OSP...

you're just another person who holds non-elected officials to one standard and the President of the United States to no standard...no standard at all

and that is pathological....the more people line up to scream about Wilson the more they reveal their essential dishonesty...on view every single day here in the DC....still waiting for someone to hold the President and Commander in Chief accountable....still waiting...

and where is part II of the report? oh yeah, you're probably not concerned about that...are you, you lover of truth....

lol you are the EPITOME of the leftist nutjob, tTC. I am certain you did not read the report. I am also certain that you hold Wilson's outlandish and patently false claims as absolute truth. Reason: you guys are the same, you and Wilson, bitter, demented Gore-backers who can't stop sucking your thumbs and crying about a "stolen election". That's what it all boils down to for you nutjobs.

Wilson has made false claims throughout the entire ordeal and he has been called on it. The POTUS, VPOTUS, and Rove *dramtic chord* have been <i>consistent</i> throughout. And, funny enough, after appearing before the Grand Jury FIVE times, no indictments were brought forth.

Hmmmm, let's see, a proven liar versus people under the microscope - yet, GJ unable to even level indictments (easiest way to level charges against an individual, I might add).

I prefer to read the report itself, not some regurgitated conspiracy theory bullshit from DU... unlike you and your kind. Like I said, you guys suffer from a form of psychosis. It is unhealthy. You are an election away from actual foaming at the mouth.

mlyonsd
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
The thing I find most compelling about the whole Wilson thing is how the CIA was conducting business at that time.

Sending an ex-Ambassador on some boondoggle to do their job for them?

I'm surprised they didn't just send Jimmy Carter.

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Before writing something like this off, you should try watching from the beginning. I have not watched the whole thing yet either but perhaps they provide a basis for these claims. I really hate knee jerk reactions to things a person hasn't even given 1/2 a chance (not asking for a full chance, just a half). If your mind is that closed, there is no need to respond to the thread.

Heard the same thing in regards to Farenheit 9/11. "Before writing it off as BS propoganda, you should watch it, blah blah blah". If you KNOW something is obviously slanted to a single side to prove a political point, i.e. <i>propoganda</i>, why watch it? It either confirms your already-held beliefs, or it makes you shake your head at the outright dishonesty.

The Frontline peice, from what I saw, fit into the "propoganda" bucket with far too much ease. Joe Wilson is a liar. Joe Wilson is a demagogue with an axe to grind and a book to peddle. The producers of the program allowed him to use the piece as a vehicle to promote his ascerbic rhetoric. Now, I could sit there and watch it, drooling, like some idiot too fat and lazy to actually do a bit of RESEARCH (which, btw, is what Frontline pieces like this are SUPPOSED TO DO, but any more these days appear to defer to partisan rhetoric), or I can switch it off because my BS meter was already spiking in the brief amount of time wasted in the viewing. (what a surprise mr "ROVE TO BE INDICTED IN TWO WEEEKSSS!!!!!" considers it "Must Watch TV")

jAZ
06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
...CIA decided to send Wilson...
Wilson was a foreign service diplomat with NO OFFICIAL EXPERTISE in the areas of WEAPONRY, CHEMISTRY, or MILITARY MATTERS.
So your text here

1) confirms the CIA did send Wilson
2) fails to deny that Wilson "knew a lot about uranium mining, ... (and) knew a lot about Niger".

Care to try again?

jAZ
06-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Wilson ... said "I knew a lot about uranium mining, I knew a lot about Niger".
Here's a little more verbose version of this statement from Wilson...

http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people4/Wilson/wilson-con0.html

I retired in 1998 after having served at the National Security Council as senior director for African affairs. During that period in Washington, I had worked very closely with successive governments from Niger as they worked their way through a military coup and a subsequent assassination of a president, and ultimately to turning over the reins of power back to a civilian, democratically elected government. I knew all the people who worked in that.

I was asked to come out to the CIA and discuss this question of whether Saddam could have, or would have, or did attempt to purchase uranium, significant quantities of uranium, from Niger. This is more than just a passing reference to uranium in a meeting; this was an attempt to purchase 500 tons. Now, 500 tons occupies a lot of space. Moving 500 tons of uranium from the middle of the Sahara desert without anybody knowing it was always going to be a difficult proposition. But the question had been raised by the Vice President of the United States, and he wanted an answer.

The CIA said the best way to get the answer is to go back and take a look at all the information we have on it, and if that doesn't satisfy our analysts, let's see if we can send somebody out there to put eyes on the target. They invited me to talk about this. I was invited because I knew a lot about uranium and I had been ambassador in a country that produced uranium in West Africa, Gabon. And I knew a lot about Niger, and had been in office at the time this memorandum agreement had supposedly been executed.

As a consequence of the discussions we had, they asked me if I would go to Niger and take a look at it. I said, "Sure." I said, "I will go. I don't do espionage. I'll do a diplomatic mission." I cleared it with the State Department and went on out there. I spent eight days there looking at this; found out there was nothing to the allegation. In fact, I write extensively about how the industry is structured, and how the bureaucracy is structured in Niger. I came back; I submitted my report. My report was one of three reports that were in the files of the U.S. government. A second report had been filed by a four-star Marine Corps general, and the third report had been filed by an ambassador on the ground, and all three reports said essentially the same thing: "This could not happen, did not happen; don't worry about it." I assumed the vice president would sleep easier at night, knowing that he did not, in fact, have to worry about Iraq reconstituting its nuclear weapons programs using uranium from Niger.

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Here's a little more verbose version of this statement from Wilson...

http://globetrotter.berkeley.edu/people4/Wilson/wilson-con0.html

Any links that AREN'T "in his own words"? Again, Wilson has been caught lying (don't try to deny it - it is in the Senate Intelligence report) on so many issues he has removed himself as a reliable source on ANYTHING. The link here is just like the Wilson bit in the Frontline piece: a vehicle for Wilson to push his book.

According to Wikipedia Wilson graduated from UCSB, C average (gasp, just like W but at a much less prestegious institution), with self-described major in "Volleyball and beach activites".

His career as a diplomat spanned many years, however NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of working with in Niger (successive or no). I'm sure, being a diplomat in Africa, a huge continent, he came in contact with members of various diplomats from Niger. Does that constitute him as an "expert"? I would say no. Prove to me he's an expert on anything. Again, the Senate Intelligence Committee found his input to be the side missing in factual content. He's as believable on the subject as you are (mr "Rove to be indicted"; even AFTER statements to the fact that no indictments will come down against him, even after FIVE appearances before the GJ).

<a href="http://www.nationalreview.com/may/may200407121105.asp">Here's an excellent piece on Wilson from the National Review</a>. I think it summarizes the whole ordeal nicely.

"I don't think Joe Wilson is an evil man. I do think he is an angry partisan and an opportunist. According to my sources, during most of his diplomatic career he specialized in general services and administration, which means he was not the political or economic adviser to the ambassador, rather he was the guy who makes sure the embassy plumbing is working and that the commissary is stocked with Oreos and other products the ambassador prefers."

jAZ
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
His career as a diplomat spanned many years, however NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of working with in Niger (successive or no).
Ooops...

http://www.cpsag.com/our_team/wilson.html

Ambassador Wilson was a member of the U.S. Diplomatic Service from 1976 until 1998. His early assignments included Niamey, Niger, 1976-1978; Lome, Togo, 1978-79; the State Department Brueau of African Affairs, 1979-1981; and Pretoria, South Africa, 1981-1982.

In 1982, he was appointed Deputy Chief of Mission in Bujumbura, Burundi. In 1985-1986, he served in the offices of Senator Albert Gore and the House Majority Whip, Representative Thomas Foley, as an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellow. He was Deputy Chief of Mission in Brazzaville, Congo, 1986-88, prior to his assignment to Baghdad.

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Okay, so he ensured the plumbing worked and oreos were fully stocked in the US Embacy, Niger, circa 1976 :)

Again, the man claimed expertise. What expertise? He's not a WMD expert... never served that role. He's not a uranium mining expert... not educated in that capacity, nor acted as an expert in the field... yet he claims to have expertise?

Face it, Joe Wilson = Chevy Chase's character from <i>Spies Like Us</I>. Except he's not likeable; he's a partisan hack that has been caught espousing lies and is trying to push a book full of them. The Frontline program was basically an infomercial for Joe Wilson and his book. I find that offensive.

jAZ
06-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Okay, so he ensured the plumbing worked and oreos were fully stocked in the US Embacy, Niger, circa 1976 :)

Again, the man claimed expertise. What expertise? He's not a WMD expert... never served that role. He's not a uranium mining expert... not educated in that capacity, nor acted as an expert in the field... yet he claims to have expertise?

Face it, Joe Wilson = Chevy Chase's character from <i>Spies Like Us</I>. Except he's not likeable; he's a partisan hack that has been caught espousing lies and is trying to push a book full of them. The Frontline program was basically an infomercial for Joe Wilson and his book. I find that offensive.
I guess your feelings are far more important than any facts presented. What can I say. You've left the reality based community in favor of your fictional spite-filled la-la land.

Let me know when you have figured out any facts to back up any of your wild ass assertions.

jAZ
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
In the mean time, I'd like to get back to the actual topic of the program. Has anyone actually watched this yet?

HC_Chief
06-25-2006, 03:47 PM
I guess your feelings are far more important than any facts presented. What can I say. You've left the reality based community in favor of your fictional spite-filled la-la land.

Let me know when you have figured out any facts to back up any of your wild ass assertions.

ROFL BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pot, meet kettle.

Again, I read the reports, you obviously have not.
Who has been consistent and who (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*) has changed his story numerous times?

Who has made false accusations as often as Kerry flip-flops? (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*)

Who has been peddling a book full of "facts" that inconvieniently don't match prior testimony nor the know facts in the case? (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*)

And where is that Rove indictment, jAZ? Come on, you promised one. ROFL And you have the nerve to claim others have no base in reality? ROFL

jAZ
06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Again, I read the reports, you obviously have not.
Who has been consistent and who (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*) has changed his story numerous times?

Who has made false accusations as often as Kerry flip-flops? (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*)

Who has been peddling a book full of "facts" that inconvieniently don't match prior testimony nor the know facts in the case? (*cough* Joe Wilson *cough*)

And where is that Rove indictment, jAZ? Come on, you promised one. ROFL And you have the nerve to claim others have no base in reality? ROFL
I've highlighted the wild-ass assertions in bold. These could use facts with links to support them.

Radar Chief
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
I've highlighted the wild-ass assertions in bold. These could use facts with links to support them.

Not mean'n to speak for HC, but.... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39834-2004Jul9.html)

Wilson said that a former prime minister of Niger, Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, was unaware of any sales contract with Iraq, but said that in June 1999 a businessman approached him, insisting that he meet with an Iraqi delegation to discuss "expanding commercial relations" between Niger and Iraq -- which Mayaki interpreted to mean they wanted to discuss yellowcake sales. A report CIA officials drafted after debriefing Wilson said that "although the meeting took place, Mayaki let the matter drop due to UN sanctions on Iraq."
According to the former Niger mining minister, Wilson told his CIA contacts, Iraq tried to buy 400 tons of uranium in 1998.
Still, it was the CIA that bore the brunt of the criticism of the Niger intelligence. The panel found that the CIA has not fully investigated possible efforts by Iraq to buy uranium in Niger to this day, citing reports from a foreign service and the U.S. Navy about uranium from Niger destined for Iraq and stored in a warehouse in Benin.
The agency did not examine forged documents that have been widely cited as a reason to dismiss the purported effort by Iraq until months after it obtained them. The panel said it still has "not published an assessment to clarify or correct its position on whether or not Iraq was trying to purchase uranium from Africa."

jAZ
06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Not mean'n to speak for HC, but.... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39834-2004Jul9.html)
Not sure which of the bolded comments this supports. Plus I'm not sure what is negative from this quote. I know you aren't HC, but why are you posting it exactly?

Radar Chief
06-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Not sure which of the bolded comments this supports. Plus I'm not sure what is negative from this quote. I know you aren't HC, but why are you posting it exactly?

Just point’n out that is probably what HC is talk’n ‘bout.
Wilson told the CIA that the previous Prime Minister of Niger told him that Iraqi delegates wanted to talk with’im ‘bout what he assumed to be yellow cake sales. The Minister of Mining flatly states they tried to buy 400 tons.
This is in direct contrast to what he tried claim’n later on when he had a spotlight to hog as a “whistle blower” and a book to pimp.

BucEyedPea
06-26-2006, 03:01 PM
My understanding was that the Nigerian yellow cake docs were forgeries and the Italians knew it, as well as many in our govt as well. That the mines in Nigeria are really owned by a consortium of private interests; that the Nigerian govt never had any to sell.

Radar Chief
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
My understanding was that the Nigerian yellow cake docs were forgeries and the Italians knew it, as well as many in our govt as well. That the mines in Nigeria are really owned by a consortium of private interests; that the Nigerian govt never had any to sell.

Yes, the receipts were forgeries, and not very good ones from what I understand.
But the rest doesn’t really change Wilson’s report to the CIA or the fact that’e changed his tune later on either.

jAZ
06-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Wilson told the CIA that...
Where's this documented from?