PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Chiefs inside tidbits...

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:13 AM
From within the Chiefs staff.

1) Kendrell Bell is having way more problems than is let on. One of his arms and shoulders was badly burned at one time and the arm won't fully extend. His injuried shoulder on the other arm won't lift completely or straighten out either. He's been getting a hard time from the new coach and expects to get cut in TC or after. Kind of explains a lot to me.

2) Ryan Simms has lost 20 lbs after reporting fat at the beginning of OTAs and is working out twice a day now with an extra session in the evenings. Seems the new DL coach and Gun are on his ass big time.

Just a couple of little interesting tidbits I'll probably have a few more Monday or Tuesday. If there are any direct questions you'd be interested in knowing let me know and I'll try to get an answer. My contact doesn't work directly with all the players but gets insights from others that may apply to your question.

Dave

KingPriest2
06-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I heard that Marcus Allen was coming up big in practice as well.

Hydrae
06-23-2006, 11:17 AM
That is too bad about Bell, I was excited when we got him. Guess we know why the Steelers let him go, huh?

Count Zarth
06-23-2006, 11:18 AM
That's really interesting stuff. Bell was looking great in workouts from all the things I had heard previously.

FAX
06-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Can you find out what's really going on with Roaf, Mr. Dave Lane?

Rub your friend's crystal balls if you have to.

FAX

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Good news on Sims.

And probably good news for Key Fox too.

Fish
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Can Sims give some to Turley? We'd have it made.....

CoMoChief
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Well this really leads me to this question. WTF did we ever sign Bell if we knew about his arm and shoulder injury?!?! It really doesnt make any sense considering the money we paid for him.

StcChief
06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Sims better be getting it together now.....

Bell - wow. Steelers knew, how did he get past our Doctors training guys.

Fox is the likely is the man now if this is true.
Good comp at LB with him, Scanlon, Boomer...

BigRock
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Bell was looking great in workouts from all the things I had heard previously.Same here. From people who saw the workouts, it was being said that Bell looked like a completely different player. Making INTs, blowing up plays. Now he expects to get cut?

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Sims better be getting it together now.....

Bell - wow. Steelers knew, how did he get past our Doctors training guys.

Fox is the likely is the man now if this is true.
Good comp at LB with him, Scanlon, Boomer...

we didnt get Rolle but picked up bell. ****ing retarded!

sedated
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
we didnt get Rolle but picked up bell. ****ing retarded!

that narrowing of the spinal column was just too risky. :rolleyes:

morphius
06-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Interesting stuff. The Bell thing seems a bit iffy, but who knows, it will be interesting to see how that plays out now.

Mitchell talked about how hard Sims was working out in the weight room, so this is also good to hear as I expected him to be in shape before he shows up to TC.

Any news on the CB's would be cool, I'm sort of interested on how Hodge is doing as I hoped he would step up this year and really haven't heard squat.

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:35 AM
That is too bad about Bell, I was excited when we got him. Guess we know why the Steelers let him go, huh?

Makes sense. I'd say I can't remember a hell of alot of players they let go that starred else where.

By the way when I asked what the hell was up with Bell last year that in tackling he looked like a bowling pin without arms last year the response was "Yeah he was worthless last year" ROFL

Dave

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
if bell gets cut will it make room for the rookie contracts?

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Well this really leads me to this question. WTF did we ever sign Bell if we knew about his arm and shoulder injury?!?! It really doesnt make any sense considering the money we paid for him.
You do know he completely redid his deal and dropped the signing bonus he was due March 2. In a word cheap comes to mind.

I do think they were lead to believe that it would heal during the year or by game 1.

Dave

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
if bell gets cut will it make room for the rookie contracts?

Rookie contracts are already allocated.

Dave

KCTitus
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Dave: Can you find out if this is the year that Scanlon becomes the starter at MLB or does the Planet need to start another letter writing campaign?

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Can you find out what's really going on with Roaf, Mr. Dave Lane?

Rub your friend's crystal balls if you have to.

FAX

As far as?????

Dave

Dave Lane
Dave: Can you find out if this is the year that Scanlon becomes the starter at MLB or does the Planet need to start another letter writing campaign?

ROFL

Dave

KCTitus
You do know he completely redid his deal and dropped the signing bonus he was due March 2. In a word cheap comes to mind.

I do think they were lead to believe that it would heal during the year or by game 1.

Dave

That's pretty significant because the 2nd tier SB was going to be a good chunk of change.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Good news on Sims.

And probably good news for Key Fox too.
ROFL ROFL

Chiefnj
06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
"One of his arms and shoulders was badly burned at one time and the arm won't fully extend. His injuried shoulder on the other arm won't lift completely or straighten out either."

So, if I take Gunther up on his offer to criticize Bell to his face, I'm pretty safe if I stand directly in front of him.

MOhillbilly
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
So, if I take Gunther up on his offer to criticize Bell to his face, I'm pretty safe if I stand directly in front of him.

giggle

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
"One of his arms and shoulders was badly burned at one time and the arm won't fully extend. His injuried shoulder on the other arm won't lift completely or straighten out either."

In front and slightly above him seems pretty safe...

Dave

FAX
06-23-2006, 11:59 AM
As far as?????

Dave

Sorry, Mr. Dave Lane.

Mr. Bob Dole posted a report on another thread that Roaf is considering not coming back.

FAX

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry, Mr. Dave Lane.

Mr. Bob Dole posted a report on another thread that Roaf is considering not coming back.

FAX

OK I'll ask not sure if we are on the right side of the ball but I'll ask...

Dave

FAX
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
OK I'll ask not sure if we are on the right side of the ball but I'll ask...

Dave

Thanks, Mr. Dave Lane. My boxers are bunching on this one.

FAX

jlscorpio
06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
bring on the Fox/Mitchell/DJ era. Also hoping Kris Griffin gets some PT on rotation and on occasional 3-4 sets.

tomahawk kid
06-23-2006, 12:19 PM
bring on the Fox/Mitchell/DJ era. Also hoping Kris Griffin gets some PT on rotation and on occasional 3-4 sets.

Griffin did a pretty decent job in NFL Europe from what I saw.

He should be a solid contributor if nothing else.

HemiEd
06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
"So, if I take Gunther up on his offer to criticize Bell to his face, I'm pretty safe if I stand directly in front of him.

ROFL :thumb: More Gunther BS.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
From within the Chiefs staff.

1) Kendrell Bell is having way more problems than is let on. One of his arms and shoulders was badly burned at one time and the arm won't fully extend.
#21?

tyton75
06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
*jaws theme* boomer... boomer.... boomer boomer boomer boomer boomer... etc :)

CupidStunt
06-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Never understood why Kris Griffin is so much as mentioned. I didn't see him do a damn thing in a Chiefs uniform and he blew chunks in Europe.

Considering that the MVPs and best players over there can barely hold down backup roles in the NFL, I see no reason why the kid should get any playing time at all.

I'm all for going for broke in 2006 and seeing what we can do, but in 2007, a lineup that looks as follows would be a breath of fresh air:

DE Hali
DT Sims
DT Reed
DE Allen
OLB Fox
MLB Mitchell
OLB Johnson
CB Surtain
S Pollard
S Wesley/first-round pick
CB Battle/first-round pick

Not sold on the youth in the secondary, but hopefully someone steps up to solidfy a starting role in future seasons. Perhaps it's Battle, who knows.

That's a young, athletic defense that could do some things in the future. Add another DT (assuming Sims sucks), safety and corner and we're off.

Fish
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Never understood why Kris Griffin is so much as mentioned. I didn't see him do a damn thing in a Chiefs uniform and he blew chunks in Europe.

Considering that the MVPs and best players over there can barely hold down backup roles in the NFL, I see no reason why the kid should get any playing time at all.

Don't knock Griffin.... he actually played more than you realize last year. He has the potential to be a productive LB.....

Iowanian
06-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd be curious to know how the insider(premium content extra) thinks the Safeties are going to shake out.

Do they think the Rookies make an impact? Is Pollard likely to put Knight on the Bench? Legit chance of Wesley being cut or becoming a backup? Bartee finally gone?

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 03:03 PM

I'm all for going for broke in 2006 and seeing what we can do, but in 2007, a lineup that looks as follows would be a breath of fresh air:

DE Hali
DT Sims
DT Reed
DE Allen
OLB Fox
MLB Mitchell
OLB Johnson
CB Surtain
S Pollard
S Wesley/first-round pick
CB Battle/first-round pick

Not sold on the youth in the secondary, but hopefully someone steps up to solidfy a starting role in future seasons. Perhaps it's Battle, who knows.

That's a young, athletic defense that could do some things in the future. Add another DT (assuming Sims sucks), safety and corner and we're off.

You're thoroughly unimpressed with Griffin, yet you have Reed pencilled in as a starter.

Forgive me if I'm puzzled.

htismaqe
06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd be curious to know how the insider(premium content extra) thinks the Safeties are going to shake out.

Do they think the Rookies make an impact? Is Pollard likely to put Knight on the Bench? Legit chance of Wesley being cut or becoming a backup? Bartee finally gone?

I think your last 2 questions are mutually exclusive. We can't cut both of them or we don't have enough safeties on the roster.

DaWolf
06-23-2006, 03:11 PM
If it is true about bell, then what Gun has been saying this offseason about him makes no sense, and Carl keeping him on the roster makes no sense. We'll just have to wait and see...

cdcox
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I think your last 2 questions are mutually exclusive. We can't cut both of them or we don't have enough safeties on the roster.

That is the first time in a while you could say that about the Chiefs. In the past we've usually had about 3 to 4 extra safties stashed at corner or LB.

Iowanian
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I know. I see Bartee finally getting the Boot and Wesley at least beginning the season as a starter.
I have no idea what to expect from page, who might play baseball anyway.

FAX
06-23-2006, 03:14 PM
If it is true about bell, then what Gun has been saying this offseason about him makes no sense, and Carl keeping him on the roster makes no sense. ...

Just what I was thinking, Mr. DaWolf. It appears that Gun will have to kick a lot of people's asses including Carl's and Herm's ... not to mention the entire FO and fan base.

They'll be cleaning blood out of his office for weeks.

FAX

Fish
06-23-2006, 03:16 PM
If it is true about bell, then what Gun has been saying this offseason about him makes no sense, and Carl keeping him on the roster makes no sense. We'll just have to wait and see...

Well that would be a first.......

Phobia
06-23-2006, 04:16 PM
I gotta question that Bell tidbit. Bell has been looking good by all accounts and I'm not just talking about Warpaint staff. Everybody has been signing Bell's praises this offseason.

Count Zarth
06-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Singing.

Dave Lane
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I gotta question that Bell tidbit. Bell has been looking good by all accounts and I'm not just talking about Warpaint staff. Everybody has been signing Bell's praises this offseason.

I'm not saying the guys in a wheelchair. He has two arms that won't fully extend and his one shoulder won't raise above 90 degrees from his body. I'm sure the shoulder is better than last year its just a indication of how bad it was last year I suppose.

Its going to be hard to make form tackles for him.

Dave

noa
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Maybe we restructured Bell's deal so we can keep him on as a back-up for a reasonable price.

milkman
06-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe we restructured Bell's deal so we can keep him on as a back-up for a reasonable price.

Maybe we restructured Bell's deal because he sucked ass last season, and wasn't worth what he was due if he didn't restructure.