PDA

View Full Version : Why, Oh Why do people live in Phoenix?

KC Dan
06-23-2006, 05:44 PM
It is F'N hot here. Someone told me today "but its a dry heat". I said that so was a blast oven. This sux hard! You have to stay in the pool cause you'll melt like a damn ice cream cone if you get out. One more full day until I can escape this heat.

Hydrae
06-23-2006, 05:47 PM
That's part of why I lived in Flagstaff when I was in Arizona. 7000 feet elevation does wonders for the heat!

Predarat
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Because they want to be a Scottsdale cruiser.

bogie
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
I was okay with the heat. But when the temp. drops in the desert, from like 118 to 50 at night, it seems really cold.

Rain Man
06-23-2006, 05:53 PM
There's a reason why Phoenix is full of old people.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
The furthest west I have ventured was my time in Oklahoma in the summer. I can tell you that the dry heat is hot and miserable, but humidity is even worse. The shit(humidity) just strangles you when it gets high.

Archie F. Swin
06-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Phoenix should have a parade on the birthday of the person whom invented Air Conditioning...The Valley of the Sun would have a much smaller population without it.

Tribal Warfare
06-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Just think of it this way......... hot chicks will be wearing less clothes

Scorp
06-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I like to think of it as not living here, but rather just a 2 yr. stay in hell. After that i never want to see the desert again.

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Phoenix is great especially right now that my ac is doing it's job part time.

When I first moved to PHX I was swimming on Thanksgiving and thought it was great. Now I can't swim unless it's over 100 for a week or so.

Adept Havelock
06-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Perhaps they hope for a fiery rebirth from their own ashes?

sedated
06-23-2006, 06:56 PM
The shit (humidity) just strangles you when it gets high.

I had a friend that would do the same thing. crazy

dtebbe
06-23-2006, 07:18 PM
You pussies. Why don't you guys go try and make the 49ers or something.

DT

Psyko Tek
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
well I moved there to escape nebraska,

and the winters do kick ass

JBucc
06-23-2006, 08:25 PM
I heard instead of grass people out there just have dirt yards. That would be great to never have to mow.

Baconeater
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
well I moved there to escape nebraska,

and the winters do kick ass
Oh come on, winter isn't that bad here. I'd rather deal with it than 6 months of 100+ temperatures.

tommykat
06-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Just think of it this way......... hot chicks will be wearing less clothes

Just curious here....Are you that proud of whom you are that you love to post yourself here? Please, sorry guys but enough of her! Take her to the girley page PLEASE!

Or not, a a good slut here is always fun....:rolleyes:

Moooo
06-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I honestly think I would like it down there. I'm always cold, even in July...

I actually a lot of times don't turn on the AC in my car for a few minutes after I turn it on cause I like to feel the heat. It'll be like 90 out, but I love just sitting in that hot car. Who knows how hot it is.

And if the chicks down there don't wear any clothes, how do they not turn into a lobster?

Moooo

carlos3652
06-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Phx was great when I lived there... Maryvale County was scary back in the early 1990's...

The heat is dry and not so bad, its worse in YUMA....

Im just glad I had a pool... everyone has a pool in Phx

Moooo
06-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Phx was great when I lived there... Maryvale County was scary back in the early 1990's...

The heat is dry and not so bad, its worse in YUMA....

Im just glad I had a pool... everyone has a pool in Phx

You mean, you guys have water to fill it up with?

Wow, you learn something every day...

Moooo

Donger
06-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Phoenix? You mean the tutor of Achilles?

listopencil
06-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Just curious here....Are you that proud of whom you are that you love to post yourself here? Please, sorry guys but enough of her! Take her to the girley page PLEASE!

Or not, a a good slut here is always fun....:rolleyes:

That's his sig.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
That's his sig.

Some good stupidity here is always fun, too. At least it is whenever I'm the idiot.

Moooo

Miles
06-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I would figure living there wouldn't be bad at all. Dry heat isn't all that bad but you have to carry water around all the time. Its pretty damn dry here in Denver and upper 90's and over 100 isn't bad at all. Not nearly as bad as the midwest at the same temperature and hardly the south.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I would figure living there wouldn't be bad at all. Dry heat isn't all that bad but you have to carry water around all the time. Its pretty damn dry here in Denver and upper 90's and over 100 isn't bad at all. Not nearly as bad as the midwest at the same temperature and hardly the south.

I totally agree, but 115...

Moooo

Miles
06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I totally agree, but 115...

Moooo

In the midwest below 20 sucks in the winter too. You can still do stuff in the mornings with that kind of heat.

Baconeater
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah I noticed that when I was out there last July. It was 105 when we were at the Royal Gorge, but without the humidity it wasn't terrible and you could actually get some relief in the shade. If it's 105 here it's absolutely unbearable.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah I noticed that when I was out there last July. It was 105 when we were at the Royal Gorge, but without the humidity it wasn't terrible and you could actually get some relief in the shade. If it's 105 here it's absolutely unbearable.

Don't ask me why or how I saw this (I'm an amateur meteorologist...lol), but I saw the temperature in Phoenix one day was 112, and the heat index... was 109... It was actually so dry, it felt cooler. HOW?

Moooo

Baconeater
06-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Don't ask me why or how I saw this (I'm an amateur meteorologist...lol), but I saw the temperature in Phoenix one day was 112, and the heat index... was 109... It was actually so dry, it felt cooler. HOW?

Moooo
I'm just pulling this out of my ass, but the heat index is a "feels like" temp. Since moving air can change perceived temperature, I would guess maybe it was breezy that day.

Or it was a mistake.

tk13
06-23-2006, 10:42 PM
It's like being in an oven, for sure. It's a dry heat, but I've never thought it was really enjoyable. If you've ever walked around downtown Phoenix on a 115 degree day it's like cooking your head. I guess if you've lived there for a long time maybe you get used to it.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 10:45 PM
It's like being in an oven, for sure. It's a dry heat, but I've never thought it was really enjoyable. If you've ever walked around downtown Phoenix on a 115 degree day it's like cooking your head. I guess if you've lived there for a long time maybe you get used to it.

So, how was everyone else handling it? I mean, when you'd mention it to others would they look at you like you were a dumbass?

Sorry, I'm just curious...

Moooo

Donger
06-23-2006, 11:06 PM
I remember being in Phoenix once when it was 110+ F. The rental car guy said, "make sure you crack your windows when you park, or the windshield might break."

My response, of course, was, "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Psyko Tek
06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Phoenix? You mean the tutor of Achilles?

no this phoenix

http://www.bluecherrydoughnut.com/jean/wallpaper.php

Psyko Tek
06-23-2006, 11:10 PM
there is no breeze in phoenix, and tons of asphault
just makes it worse, after 105 it's just f'n HOT

tk13
06-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I remember being in Phoenix once when it was 110+ F. The rental car guy said, "make sure you crack your windows when you park, or the windshield might break."

My response, of course, was, "Are you f*cking kidding me?"
It can actually get so hot that the air becomes so dense airplanes can't take off. Well they physically can take off, but the heat causes the air to be so dense that planes don't have enough runaway to lift off with a load of passengers before crashing into the end of the runway. I don't think it's all that common but it's possible.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 11:35 PM
It can actually get so hot that the air becomes so dense airplanes can't take off. Well they physically can take off, but the heat causes the air to be so dense that planes don't have enough runaway to lift off with a load of passengers before crashing into the end of the runway. I don't think it's all that common but it's possible.

It is kind of a funny equation...

One of the hottest deserts in the world + a town of about 3,000,000 RIGHT in the middle of it = WTF!?!

Its different for countries like Egypt, cause they sure as hell don't have any place else to build a Cairo, but yet we build a desert city, and if I'm not mistaken, reroute a river to go through it? Something to think about...

Moooo

tk13
06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
It's actually one of the fastest growing cities in the country, if I'm not mistaken.

Psyko Tek
06-24-2006, 12:57 AM
It is kind of a funny equation...

One of the hottest deserts in the world + a town of about 3,000,000 RIGHT in the middle of it = WTF!?!

Its different for countries like Egypt, cause they sure as hell don't have any place else to build a Cairo, but yet we build a desert city, and if I'm not mistaken, reroute a river to go through it? Something to think about...

Moooo

river?

tain't no river
the salt river is danmed uup they do have canals

but here is tempe town lake

greg63
06-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Why, Oh Why do people live in Phoenix?

Because they're smart and don't want to live in Coffeyville. :eek:

Moooo
06-24-2006, 01:02 AM
river?

tain't no river

Cool... get a view of Sun Devil, if I'm not mistaken...

Moooo

greg63
06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
river?

tain't no river

Nice sig; here's the proper size for it. Just tryin to help out. :D

Miles
06-24-2006, 01:05 AM
http://troon-north-golf-course.golfarizona.com/images/troonnorth-zoom2.jpg

Baconeater
06-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Nice sig; here's the proper size for it. Just tryin to help out. :D
Sig Nazi!

KC Dan
06-24-2006, 01:40 AM
All true. They stop flying when it is +120F for that reason. Also, it was a chilly 111F where I was today. Its 12:40am so i'm going outside now that it is sub 90F. :banghead: