06-23-2006, 07:50 PM
http://journals.democraticunderground.com/NanceGreggs/43

http://papasgotabrandnewbaghdad.cf.huffingtonpost.com/ bonus link

It's Time to Take Down The Flag
Posted by NanceGreggs in General Discussion: Politics
Thu Jun 22nd 2006, 08:20 PM
It’s Time To Take Down the Flag
By Nancy Greggs

In view of what we have seen and heard for the past few years, and especially in the last few months, it is time for all of you who still support George W. Bush and this Administration to take down your American flags. Remove them from your front porch, from the flagpole on the lawn. Pack away your stars-and-stripes T-shirts, and remove the flag-pins from your lapels.

The proud display of the American flag is meant for the patriotic, for those who love their country.

This president has plunged our beloved nation into unconscionable debt, and compromised its security for the sake of corporations and their bottom line. He has steadfastly looked the other way while American jobs have been irretrievably lost, and while citizens go without affordable medical care. He has stolen from the poor and working class by promoting the under-funding of their schools, their hospitals, and the social programs that feed and shelter the most unfortunate among us, and has ensured that those monies find their way into the pockets of the wealthy.

Time and again, he has turned his back on the victims of disaster, and left them to fend for themselves. He has destroyed a way of life that rewarded hard work, and that offered opportunity for all. He has lessened our country’s once-proud standing in the world, and has made a mockery of our laws, our rights, and our Constitution.

A true patriot doesn’t ignore the needs of the nation, nor its citizenry, and does not systematically revoke the very freedoms our democracy was founded upon. If you support the Bush regime, what it stands for, and what it has done, you are no patriot.

If you support this president, remove the “Support the Troops” stickers from your cars, and the symbolic Yellow Ribbons from your front doors.

Those symbols are meant to represent care and concern for our military, both in battle and upon their return to the homefront. This president, and his fellow Republican Party members who control our government, have placed our troops in harm’s way for a lie, and have ignored their safety and well-being at every turn. They have initiated policies that gut our veterans’ benefits and pensions. They have sent our troops into combat without the most basic of equipment to protect themselves, and have ignored the consequences of placing the battle-fatigued, the sick, the psychologically and emotionally damaged on the front lines. They have handed the tax dollars meant to feed, equip and house our forces over to Administration cronies, who slip those funds into their own pockets and devote mere pennies to the needs of our fighting men and women.

If you support those kinds of policies and the people who promote them for their own political and/or financial gain, you do not support the troops. On the contrary, you speed their demise. Pretending to support the very troops you are dishonoring is not only hypocritical, it is an insult to their sacrifice.

If you support this president, remove the crosses you wear around your neck, the rosary beads strung over your rearview mirror, the crucifixes and prayer cards you display in your homes.

Those revered signs of faith are reserved for Christians who honor the principles set forth by a man who taught love, tolerance and understanding.

The present Administration and those who blindly follow it have not only condoned but embraced torture, unlawful imprisonment without hope of a fair hearing, secret prisons that exist only for the purpose of inflicting pain and suffering. In addition, they have engaged in the rendition of human beings to other countries where the most heinous conduct can be indulged in – apparently too cowardly themselves to the “dirty work” they claim to be necessary to make us all secure.

This president and his minions have made a mockery of the true Christian faith, and have spit in the face of those who adhere to its tenets. George Bush’s illegal and immoral war has caused thousands upon thousands of deaths of innocent men, women and children, and has turned such laudable principles as feeding the hungry and caring for the sick into trivialities unworthy of his attention. He has preyed upon the unsuspecting sheep by offering money and influence to their corrupt, money-grubbing pastors in exchange for leading their flocks to the altar of the polling stations, enticed by the Judas Goat of policies based on hatred, bigotry and intolerance.

If you have transferred your religious faith away from the teachings of a forgiving and merciful God, and placed it instead in a president who promotes violence and torture, you are not a Christian.

Once you have dispensed with displaying the symbols of true patriotism, troop support and Christianity, you are free to flaunt your “W” stickers, and all of the other pro-Bush, pro-Administration paraphernalia you are so fond of.

In fact, I would encourage you to do so. It’s always helpful to know who your real enemies are.

listopencil
06-23-2006, 07:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_and_paste

Cut and paste
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

This page is about computer text editing. For rheological properties of pastes such as toothpaste or putty, see Paste (rheology).

Windows keys for cut and pasting: Control + x (cut), Control + c (copy), Control + v (paste)
Enlarge
Windows keys for cut and pasting: Control + x (cut), Control + c (copy), Control + v (paste)

In human-computer interaction, cut and paste or copy and paste is a user interface paradigm for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitous is the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. This paradigm is closely associated with graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices.

The term cut and paste derives from the traditional practice in manuscript editing in which paragraphs were literally cut from a page with scissors and physically pasted onto another page. This was standard practice as late as the 1960s. Editing scissors with blades long enough to cut an 8-1/2"-wide page were available at stationery stores. The advent of photocopiers made the practice easier and more flexible.

The cut-and-paste paradigm was widely popularized by Apple in the Lisa (1981) and Macintosh (1984) operating systems and applications. It was mapped to a key combination consisting of a special control key held down while typing the letters X (for cut), C (for copy), and V (for paste). These key combinations were later adopted by Microsoft in Windows. Common User Architecture (in Windows and OS/2) also uses combinations of the Insert, Del, Shift and Control keys. Some environments allow cutting and pasting with a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Performing cut and pastes
* 2 Copy and paste
* 3 Comparison to verb-object paradigm
* 4 See also

[edit]

Performing cut and pastes

Cut and paste are very frequently performed operations. It is customary to provide several methods for performing them, such as a key combination, a pulldown menu, and a toolbar button.

1. The text to be moved is selected by some method, typically by dragging over the text with the pointing device.
2. A cut operation is performed by key combination, menu, or other means.
3. The visible effect of the cut is to remove the text immediately from its location.
4. Conceptually, the text has been moved to a location often called the clipboard. The clipboard is typically invisible. On most systems there is only one location in the clipboard, hence another cut operation overwrites the previously stored information. Multiple clipboard entries are provided by many UNIX text editors and some Windows clipboard manager programs that are available over the Internet.
5. A location for insertion is selected by some method, typically by clicking at the desired insertion point.
6. A paste operation is performed which visibly inserts the clipboard text at the insertion point.
7. The paste operation is nondestructive; the text remains in the clipboard and additional copies can be inserted at other points.

Whereas cut and paste is usually done with a mouse on Windows-like environment, it may also sometimes be done entirely from the keyboard, especially in UNIX text editors, such as pico or vi. The most common kind of cutting and pasting without a mouse involves the entire current line, but it may also involve text after the cursor until the end of the line and other more sophisticated operations.

When cut and paste are provided, a nondestructive operation called copy is usually provided as well; copy places a copy of the selected text in the clipboard without removing it from its original location.

The clipboard is usually not displayed, because the operations of cutting and pasting, while actually independent, are usually performed in quick succession, and the user (usually) needs no assistance in understanding the operation or maintaining mental context.

Sometimes, if a section of text is cut and a different section of text is cut after it, the first section of text will be cut out of existence, with no way to retrieve it. This only applies to cut and paste programs that can only hold one thing on the clipboard. This is usually not a problem for clipboards that can hold multiple cuts.
[edit]

Copy and paste

Copy-and-paste refers to the popular, simple method of reproducing text or other data from a source to a destination, which is only different from cut and paste in that the original source text or data is not deleted or removed as it is with the latter process.

Copying can be performed on most graphical user interface systems using the key combinations Ctrl+C (used for killing the running process in UNIX and DOS environments) or Ctrl+Ins (the former being more widely supported), or by using some other method, such as a context menu or a toolbar button. Once data have been copied into the area of memory referred to as the clipboard, they can be pasted into a destination using the key combinations Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert, or methods dependent on the system. Macintosh computers use the key combinations Command+C and Command+V. In the X Window System, selecting text copies it to a clipboard, while middle-clicking pastes.

The popularity of this method stems from its simplicity and the ease with which data can be moved between various applications without resorting to permanent storage.
[edit]

Comparison to verb-object paradigm

As of 2005, the cut-and-paste paradigm is so universal as to be taken for granted, and it may be instructive to compare a competing paradigm, popular in some early, highly successful applications that were known for ease of use by the standards of the day.

1. Initially, no text is selected.
2. The user initiates the operation by selecting a move command in some manner.
3. The system displays a prompt such as "Move what?"
4. The system enters a modal state in which the only actions available to the user are either to select text or cancel the move operation.
5. The user selects the text in some manner.
6. The system displays a prompt "To where?"
7. The system enters a modal state in which the only actions available to the user are either to indicate an insertion point or cancel the move operation.
8. The user indicates the insertion point and confirms the move operation.
9. The effects of the move are displayed.

[edit]

See also

* Control key
* Copy and paste programming

CHIEF4EVER
06-23-2006, 08:06 PM
ROFL

SBK
06-23-2006, 08:15 PM
How in the heck does Boyce have positive rep?

Donger
06-23-2006, 08:28 PM
I fly my flag 24/7. I fly it during good and bad, with no reflection upon what genius or idiot or crook or scumbag happens to be POTUS.

CHIEF4EVER
06-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I fly my flag 24/7. I fly it during good and bad, with no reflection upon what genius or idiot or crook or scumbag happens to be POTUS.

I hope you don't mind me asking this but, where are you from originally? What part of England? You sure seem to be a great American.

Donger
06-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I hope you don't mind me asking this but, where are you from originally? What part of England? You sure seem to be a great American.

England. Essex, to be precise.

And, I don't consider myself to be a 'great' American. But, having lived in some real shitholes growing up and seeing much of the rest of the world, I know how great our country is.

And this kind of stupidity just plain pisses me off. Just as do the f*cking morons that fly our flag upside to 'protest.'

CHIEF4EVER
06-23-2006, 09:18 PM
England. Essex, to be precise.

And, I don't consider myself to be a 'great' American. But, having lived in some real shitholes growing up and seeing much of the rest of the world, I know how great our country is.

And this kind of stupidity just plain pisses me off. Just as do the f*cking morons that fly our flag upside to 'protest.'
I agree and I am sure glad to have folks like you here who love this country like I do. :)

Donger
06-23-2006, 09:21 PM

What?

Logical
06-23-2006, 09:43 PM

In all honesty that is good, because if it was a based on the occupant of the WH no flags would have been flown since the 80s and only part of the time then.

Hydrae
06-23-2006, 09:49 PM

I hope you have a light on it at night. :p

Donger
06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I hope you have a light on it at night. :p

Of course I do. I'm no heathen.

Lurch
06-23-2006, 10:44 PM
A DU traitor-propaganda essay. How sweet.

stevieray
06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
wow. we've come full circle..we suck so bad, how can we ever deal with it?

:rolleyes:

Lurch
06-23-2006, 10:57 PM
wow. we've come full circle..we suck so bad, how can we ever deal with it?

DU's motto:

"America is evil. And Bush is the Devil."

stevieray
06-23-2006, 11:10 PM
DU's motto:

"America is evil. And Bush is the Devil."

I'd bet that the most vocal against Bush would never admit their life hasn't changed that much since 2000.

banyon
06-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Wow. this post is like campaign fodder for the Repubs.

Way to go to whatever douche wrote this.

Brock
06-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Jeezus. Good luck with that.

mlyonsd
06-24-2006, 09:46 AM

I think most conservatives recognize this type of editorial as coming from the far far left, not necessarily mainstream democrats. At least the democrats where I live.

Still, if I knew where this chick lived I wouldn't mind taking a chit on her front porch. :)

HC_Chief
06-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Heh, this thread is teh ghey

Iowanian
06-24-2006, 02:04 PM
This is why Boyce Drinks his own pee....from a bar trough at 3am.

go bowe
06-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I fly my flag 24/7. I fly it during good and bad, with no reflection upon what genius or idiot or crook or scumbag happens to be POTUS.i hope you illuminate when it's dark outside...

edit: nevermind, somebody already got it...

but you'd be surprised how many people fly the flay at night without illuminating it...

go bowe
06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
i don't why, but when i read that essay, i thought of a poor man's penchief...

all the rhetoric but none of pen's patented poetic license...

Logical
06-24-2006, 04:06 PM
This is why Boyce Drinks his own pee....from a bar trough at 3am.I understood you would not like this article before you even posted. On the other hand don't you have more to contribute than unsightly mental images? You are well known for your funny smaq yet you went for a response that is more befitting MarcBulger.

Boyceofsummer
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
have succeeded in spliting this country in two. With your WERE RIGHT THE WORLDS WRONG attitude it's black against white, legal against illegal, rich against poor. And on and on and on..........................

banyon
06-24-2006, 04:17 PM

:hmmm: this is quite the mystery.

SCChief
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
have succeeded in spliting this country in two. With your WERE RIGHT THE WORLDS WRONG attitude it's black against white, legal against illegal, rich against poor. And on and on and on..........................

Hehehehe.

You LOVE to stir it up. You either have guts... or are a complete lunatic. Or maybe a combination of both. Not my place to judge. Though I must admit... the kind of vitriole you spew does seem manufactured... it is silly to a point of being artificial.

This kind of article is written with the hate that you just attributed to the "W Enablers". It basically says you are not American if you support this President. That seems to be the same extremism (albeit on the opposite side) that you just used to describe the policies and politics of those who support the current President. It basically says you cannot support the President and still be a patriot, or a supporter of the soldiers.

This may make GoChiefs day, but...

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

These writings and musing are just as absolute and extreme as the RWNJs they are trying to discredit. It is almost laughable.

SBK
06-24-2006, 04:59 PM

This crap makes me want to puke.

Logical
06-24-2006, 04:59 PM

Rep for stirring things up. LOL

Baby Lee
06-24-2006, 06:08 PM
[I and the others like me] have succeeded in spliting this country in two.
Finished your incomplete post.

The brass balls, to suggest those who support the president are the ones splitting things in two. With the 25+ years [read, pretty much my lifetime, since I've been old enough to pay attention] of instabitching the instant anyone who isn't your guy is elected.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a republican is elected;

"Oh, it's war on black people."
"Oh, it's war on working people."
"Oh, it's war on the poor."
"Reagan is a doddering fool"
"Bush is a wimp."
"Quayle is a dummy"
"W is a chimp"
"People are losing their jobs"
"Old people are eating dog food"
"Freedoms are eroding"
"x, y, and z are underfunded."
"Too bad Blue State smarties have to be saddled with Red State Rednecks."

The way I see it, America is like an entire ocean, and the difference whether a Dem or Rep is the president is less than the difference between high tide and low tide. And loonies like you bitch constantly when your 'opponent' is in power about how the tide is purportedly rising or ebbing, and then go back to blithely sanguine and pacified when 'your guy' is in power.

JBucc
06-24-2006, 06:48 PM

Rep for stirring things up. LOLThat's how.

SBK
06-29-2006, 11:55 AM
That's how.

I think he should change his name to Meme-lite. ROFL

Radar Chief
06-29-2006, 12:36 PM

Dude, turn the screws on your tin foil hat, they’re loose’n connection. This was written by a republican. ;)

Radar Chief
06-29-2006, 12:39 PM
BTW Boyce. 4321

BIG_DADDY
06-29-2006, 12:58 PM
BTW Boyce. 4321

Naw, he would like that too much.

Cochise
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I might have guessed that boyceofdumber had posted this even if I hadn't seen his name on the thread

vailpass
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Keep on posting Boyce. This is exactly the kind of shit that 99.9% of CPers don't want to see thus you ensure the DC will remain a walled-off ghetto.

Whatsa' matter kid, didn't daddy hug you enough when you were a kid? Now you hate your world?

chagrin
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
"He has steadfastly looked the other way while American jobs have been irretrievably lost"

Does anyone here remember NAFTA?

And any moron that won't admit how long jobs were leaving America during the Clinton years should have his head examined, or just be shot for being stupid.

chagrin
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Finished your incomplete post.

The brass balls, to suggest those who support the president are the ones splitting things in two. With the 25+ years [read, pretty much my lifetime, since I've been old enough to pay attention] of instabitching the instant anyone who isn't your guy is elected.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a republican is elected;

"Oh, it's war on black people."
"Oh, it's war on working people."
"Oh, it's war on the poor."
"Reagan is a doddering fool"
"Bush is a wimp."
"Quayle is a dummy"
"W is a chimp"
"People are losing their jobs"
"Old people are eating dog food"
"Freedoms are eroding"
"x, y, and z are underfunded."
"Too bad Blue State smarties have to be saddled with Red State Rednecks."

The way I see it, America is like an entire ocean, and the difference whether a Dem or Rep is the president is less than the difference between high tide and low tide. And loonies like you bitch constantly when your 'opponent' is in power about how the tide is purportedly rising or ebbing, and then go back to blithely sanguine and pacified when 'your guy' is in power.

This really should be a sticky on the top of the DC forum

WilliamTheIrish
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM

you and idiot..

MOhillbilly
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
the only flag i fly outside is a black & white one. 24-7 365 you are not forgoten.

inside i fly a betsy ross and a MO state flag.

Those Banners represent the point im trying to make.

Chief Henry
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
What a load of garbage.

Boyce gets a negative rep. I'm sure he was laughing out loud while he was posting this crap wondering what kind of response he would get.

Radar Chief
06-29-2006, 03:09 PM
There ya go, Boyce. Changed my avatar just for you. :thumb:

Cochise
06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Whatsa' matter kid, didn't daddy hug you enough when you were a kid?

I think he got too many of daddy's 'special hugs'.

vailpass
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I think he got too many of daddy's 'special hugs'.

ROFL :hmmm: :( :deevee: