PDA

View Full Version : Movie - The World's Fastest Indian

Miles
06-23-2006, 10:12 PM
I just finished watching it and it was a pretty solid movie that didn't get much publicity. Just wanted to give a heads up to some of you that may be looking for something a bit different from the typical hollywood flick. It's a very good story based on real events and well done.

I am too lazy to write a review but here is a link to a pretty good one.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22026

IMDB link:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0412080/

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Whaddya know another one thats coming down the Netflix pipe for me. I had heard about this movie but failed to see it in the theater. Looking forward to it.

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey Miles if you have BBC America you might wanna check out Spaced. Its a TV show that stars the fellas from "Shaun". One episode was the 'genesis' of "Shaun". It's quite a funny show. I saw it a couple years ago on Trio.

Miles
06-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Miles if you have BBC America you might wanna check out Spaced. Its a TV show that stars the fellas from "Shaun". One episode was the 'genesis' of "Shaun". It's quite a funny show. I saw it a couple years ago on Trio.

I have watched the first two episodes so far and its pretty damn amusing. Pretty similar to the feel of that worked well in Shaun but his roommate is a little annoying.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Might as well throw in an avitar related question as well. I have been watching the new Dr Who series and have really enjoyed it. I remember watching some of the older ones in the 80's on PBS when I was pretty young.

Any suggestions of where to start with the old school stuff? I thought about renting the genesis of the daleks dvd.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I have watched the first two episodes so far and its pretty damn amusing. Pretty similar to the feel of that worked well in Shaun but his roommate is a little annoying.

I don't know what you're talking about (don't get that channel), but I love that movie...

"Batman Soundtrack?"
"Throw it."

ROFL

Moooo

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Confession: I just started watching the new one with Eccelston or whatever his name is. I remember the old series but never got into it. I probably was too young to appreciate the social issues it was tackeling at the time. I am thinking about netflixing some Dr Who so I can catch up.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I am thinking about netflixing some Dr Who so I can catch up.

Basically the same I was thinking of doing. Just worry about it being too dated but I usually enjoy BBC stuff.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't know what you're talking about (don't get that channel), but I love that movie...

"Batman Soundtrack?"
"Throw it."

ROFL

Moooo

One of my favorite quotes is: "If we hole up, I wanna be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are, and I wanna be allowed to smoke."

Moooo
06-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Basically the same I was thinking of doing. Just worry about it being too dated but I usually enjoy BBC stuff.

Is it the dated british pop culture you're referring to? I have problems with that stuff.

I try and watch SCTV on Nick at Nite, and although its funny, I don't have a friggin CLUE who those people are...

Moooo

Deberg_1990
06-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Yea, i want to rent this one. Its a true story right?? Ill watch most anything with Hopkins in the lead role.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Is it the dated british pop culture you're referring to? I have problems with that stuff.

Its a bit of that and also sci-fi stuff in generally doesn't age very well unless its really damn good.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Yea, i want to rent this one. Its a true story right?? Ill watch most anything with Hopkins in the lead role.

Yeah its a true story and as usual Hopkins is pretty damn good in it. Also has a bit part with Cletis Van Damme.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Have you watched "Syriana" Miles? IM about ready to pop that one in here in a little bit.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Have you watched "Syriana" Miles? IM about ready to pop that one in here in a little bit.

F*cking loved that one. Not to try and overrate the movie before you see it but I thought it was definitly overlooked for best picture nomination and was far better than Crash. Some probably read too much political shit into it but the movie is very neutral.

Another damn good one that is somewhat recent is Match Point.

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah Syriana was great. Simply put it showed me that the situation with oil is not nearly as cut and dry or black and white as it appears on the surface. I also didn't see it being to far left or to far right.

Deberg_1990
06-24-2006, 12:13 AM
F*cking loved that one. Not to try and overrate the movie before you see it but I thought it was definitly overlooked for best picture nomination and was far better than Crash. Some probably read too much political shit into it but the movie is very neutral.

Another damn good one that is somewhat recent is Match Point.

I have to agree with you about Crash. Its a good movie, but overall its nothing really special. I actually wanted to like it more than i did, but i didnt like that it was soo preachy and obvious.

Moooo
06-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I have to agree with you about Crash. Its a good movie, but overall its nothing really special. I actually wanted to like it more than i did, but i didnt like that it was soo preachy and obvious.

I just saw you avatar and had to ask you...

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!???!!!

Moooo

Miles
06-24-2006, 12:18 AM

Seems like our thoughts are the same on that one. I am a bit of a Don Cheadle fan so I was really hoping that it would have lived up to the reviews. Like you I tried really hard to like it but found it too preachy and contrived.

Rausch
06-24-2006, 12:23 AM
BS.

Far as I'm concerned the world's fastest Indian played in the NFL many a moon ago...

Moooo
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
BS.

Far as I'm concerned the world's fastest Indian played in the NFL many a moon ago...

Ghandi was the world's fastest indian... oh wait... he was the worlds fastingest indian... LOL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Moooo

go bowe
06-24-2006, 01:48 PM
*groan*