PDA

View Full Version : GRCOAT (Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time)

Pages : [1] 2

Saulbadguy
06-23-2006, 10:49 PM
It has begun.

K-State has landed the #4 player in the country for 2007, Michael Beasely.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/

I predict Bill Walker will be the next member.

Moooo
06-23-2006, 10:58 PM
It has begun.

I remember when Mizzou got Brad Smith... siiigh...

I think K-State could capitalize off of a possible all-american more than Mizzou, though. That, and things are different when there's only 5 players involved, instead of 11...

Moooo

Lurch
06-23-2006, 11:02 PM
With Huggins, the money talks.

PastorMikH
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
K-State gets ONE upper level recruit and that marks their best recruiting class ever???

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

(Sorry, Saul, I just couldn't pass on that one):)

PastorMikH
06-23-2006, 11:10 PM
With Huggins, the money talks.

He just has to be really careful how passes the $ on to the players.;)

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Not to cater to your ridiculous fanboy ego, but Huggins is puting together a damn fine class. When KSU hired him I thought he would bring in some nice recruits but didnt figure he would land one at the top.

Still hardly best class ever.

Ultra Peanut
06-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Best recruiting class ever? (A) It's June, and (B) you've got a long way to go.

Anyways, Memphis is apparently leading for Derrick Rose and Anthony Randolph. That would be quite a nice duo to head what could be an amazing batch of recruits.

Miles
06-23-2006, 11:17 PM

Anyways, Memphis is apparently leading for Derrick Rose and Anthony Randolph. That would be quite a nice duo to head what could be an amazing batch of recruits.

Just curious. What is your take on Carney and Williams as pro prospects? . I am a big Rockets fan and Carney seems like he may go around #8 and could potentially fill their need at SG.

Ultra Peanut
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Carney has, as someone else once said, "hops out the ass." ROFL

He's an amazing athlete, and a great spot-up shooter. His ballhandling still needs to improve, and he needs to work more on creating his own shot, but he could be a really solid player.

Shawne will be an absolute STEAL for someone if he falls into the 20s. He disappeared from a few games this year, but the potential is absolutely mindblowing.

tk13
06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Ohio State has Greg Oden. The rest of your little piddly recruiting discussions are irrelevant.

ROYC75
06-23-2006, 11:44 PM
(Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time) ?

Ha Ha ......... you've been drinking tonight, right!

Moooo
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Most of this won't matter anyway... The AP will suck Duke's weenie the whole regular season. When the Sweet 16 rolls around, we can see who has what.

I love college basketball, just hate watching the commentary on ESPN...

Moooo

CoMoChief
06-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Ohio State has Greg Oden. The rest of your little piddly recruiting discussions are irrelevant.

Greg Oden = Overrated

tk13
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Greg Oden = Overrated
Yeah, right. Post players don't exactly grow on trees.

Moooo
06-24-2006, 12:22 AM

You've obviously never seen... a POST OAK!!! HA HA HA HAAAA

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Moooo

Miles
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM

And ones that actually have a post game in college are even more rare.

CoMoChief
06-24-2006, 06:38 AM

The guy doenst have good mechanics, he just looks clumbsy out there everytime Ive watched him play. He wont be anything special when playing against teams like Illinois, MSU.

Saulbadguy
06-24-2006, 07:22 AM

What happens when we land OJ Mayo and Bill Walker?

the Talking Can
06-24-2006, 07:26 AM
What happens when we land OJ Mayo and Bill Walker?

you wake up...

hawkchief
06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
It has begun.

Let's look a little closer look at what's happened and ask the obvious question:

A top 10 player that top programs like KU, Duke, UNC or UCLA for some reason had no interest in, selects a bottom-feeder school in KSU, sight-unseen with a "talented" coach (who, becasue of his public drunkeness and otherwise unsavory behavior, has been free to recruit for the past year outside the auspices of the NCAA guidelines) that none of the top programs wanted either. That seems logical, doesn't it? Anyone else smell something fishy here??? Maybe the NCAA will.

Saulbadguy
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Let's look a little closer look at what's happened and ask the obvious question:

A top 10 player that top programs like KU, Duke, UNC or UCLA for some reason had no interest in, selects a bottom-feeder school in KSU, sight-unseen with a "talented" coach (who, becasue of his public drunkeness and otherwise unsavory behavior, has been free to recruit for the past year outside the auspices of the NCAA guidelines) that none of the top programs wanted either. That seems logical, doesn't it? Anyone else smell something fishy here??? Maybe the NCAA will.
Why would anyone have recruited Michael Beasely when he commited to UNC-C when he was a Sophmore? Everyone backed off.

I'll admit though, the only reason we got him was because of Dalonte Hill, who Huggins hired from UNC-C. Package deal. You know, kind of like hiring someones Dad to get a recruit?

hawkchief
06-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Why would anyone have recruited Michael Beasely when he commited to UNC-C when he was a Sophmore? Everyone backed off.

I'll admit though, the only reason we got him was because of Dalonte Hill, who Huggins hired from UNC-C. Package deal. You know, kind of like hiring someones Dad to get a recruit?

There has been plenty of time since his "de-commit" for real basketball schools to get in on Beasley, if they had wanted. Will be interesting to watch this unfold. (insert popcorn emoticon),

DaKCMan AP
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
recruits? freshman? hah.

Taureen Green - Lee Humphrey - Corey Brewer - Al Horford - Joakim Noah

plus Walter Hodge and Chris Richards returning from the bench and 4 incoming 4-star recruits.

RE-PEAT

tk13
06-24-2006, 12:14 PM
The guy doenst have good mechanics, he just looks clumbsy out there everytime Ive watched him play. He wont be anything special when playing against teams like Illinois, MSU.
He did when he first started getting shown on national TV as a sophomore. I think he has matured a lot in the last three years though. He looks like a basketball player, I don't think he looks all that clumsy anymore. He's also a lot more aggressive. He needs to add some weight to his frame but he has the chance to be a monster.

hawkchief
06-24-2006, 12:45 PM

Saul,

Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Chalmers' dad was hired well after Mario signed. Also, I don't recall him ever breaking his verbal to anyone, like Beasley did after Huggy hired Hill away from the school Beasley had already verbally commited to. KSU will get its just desserts from their Thuggy idol, its just a matter of time.

Saul Good
06-24-2006, 12:50 PM
There has been plenty of time since his "de-commit" for real basketball schools to get in on Beasley, if they had wanted. Will be interesting to watch this unfold. (insert popcorn emoticon),Clearly he wanted to follow the coach. Just because he ended his commitment to UNCC didn't mean it was open season. He ended it to go to KSU, not to test the open market.

NJ Chief Fan
06-24-2006, 02:27 PM
kids still go to college?

Braincase
06-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Looks like Huggins has a future recruit playing for the "Wichita Showtime" AAU team. (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/jun/24/video_teen_being_beaten_draws_national_media_atten/?city_local)

ArrowheadHawk
06-24-2006, 03:32 PM
let ksu get better....

ku will just get bigger props when we keep dominating them

Mr. Laz
06-24-2006, 03:48 PM
actually i hope K-state does get better.

i want Mizzou getting stomped 4 times a year by a kansas team.

KSU improvement will make KU better in the long run.

NaptownChief
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Little doubt KSU will be much, much better....And considering the lack of academic ethics that KSU has traditionally held for football I would say Huggins and his kids will fit in nicely.

Prediction:

20+ win seasons every year

Nobody on scholarship graduates

A handful of players make the police blotter

Huggins ends up puking in the back of a squad car

Question....Is the bball team going to be called the K State Bearcats now or they going to stick with the Wildcat name for sake of tradition?

WilliamTheIrish
06-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Don't you love Phloggnetters?

No good bball players go anywhere but those 4 schools. Ever. "If we don't want them, they must be horrible."

Marcellus Sommerville was sure a horrible player, wasn't he? I wonder why none of the top programs recruited him?

Truly, I love having the "your and idiot" type Phloggy fans on this board. Entertaining and fuggin' stupid as the day is long.

Mr. Laz
06-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Don't you love Phloggnetters?

No good bball players go anywhere but those 4 schools. Ever. "If we don't want them, they must be horrible."

Marcellus Sommerville was sure a horrible player, wasn't he? I wonder why none of the top programs recruited him?

Truly, I love having the "your and idiot" type Phloggy fans on this board. Entertaining and fuggin' stupid as the day is long.

not all of us are that way

Cochise
06-24-2006, 07:19 PM
If nothing else, as an MU fan I like seeing the Big 12 get better. It would be nice for someday when basketball is talked about, people think of the Big 12 before the ACC or what have you.

Higher levels of competition should make your guys better. Even if it doesn't show in the conference when wins are hard to come by, hopefully your team is tuned up from it come tournament time.

DJay23
06-24-2006, 07:54 PM
let ksu get better....

ku will just get bigger props when we keep dominating them
I don't care about the props. I want to see William's head ACTUALLY explode.

ChiTown
06-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Saul,

Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Chalmers' dad was hired well after Mario signed. Also, I don't recall him ever breaking his verbal to anyone, like Beasley did after Huggy hired Hill away from the school Beasley had already verbally commited to. KSU will get its just desserts from their Thuggy idol, its just a matter of time.

ROFL

The collective KU gripping is fun to watch.

I love how you justify the Chalmers hire. Look, it's no big deal. Package deals happen in college bball. Hell, Bus Driver Manning was one of the biggest of all time...................

WilliamTheIrish
06-25-2006, 06:06 AM
not all of us are that way

Sorry laz,

That wasn't meant for all. It was a shotgun blast approach and you took some friendly fire.

(not sure I should actually use that analogy)

DaWolf
06-25-2006, 06:20 AM
This is good for the league and good for Kansas. We need a real rivalry, and the league needs to be stronger for the league to have better postseason success. Huggy used his year off real well. Whether these guys stick around long enough and whether he can continue to recruit kids this highly rated to Manhattan beyond the guys he was able to get to know in his year off remains to be seen. But I'm sure the hope is that getting to the tourney will in itself sell to other recruits as time goes.

Both Mizzou and K-State made good hires, and the rebirth of the bix XII North is gonna be fun to watch...

Braincase
06-25-2006, 07:43 AM
KU... K-State... screw it. If it comes down to recent NCAA success, both programs are chasin' the Shocks...

... but I do predict one of the two will catch WSU sooner.

Has Huggins started recruiting that kid from the Wichita Showtime yet?

If you haven't seen the video yet... http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?section=/mostwatched and "basketball beating".

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Sorry laz,

That wasn't meant for all. It was a shotgun blast approach and you took some friendly fire.

(not sure I should actually use that analogy)

been there, done that ROFL ROFL

ChiTown
06-25-2006, 11:13 AM
KU... K-State... screw it. If it comes down to recent NCAA success, both programs are chasin' the Shocks...

... but I do predict one of the two will catch WSU sooner.

Has Huggins started recruiting that kid from the Wichita Showtime yet?

If you haven't seen the video yet... http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?section=/mostwatched and "basketball beating".

No, but I have heard Self is all over some kid who's a whiz at "shopping" at WalMart...................

KChiefs1
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Hold the Mayo

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 08:23 AM

Sommerville had a nice year at a mid-major. The kid still has alot of growing up to do.

DJay23
07-06-2006, 08:32 AM
No, but I have heard Self is all over some kid who's a whiz at "shopping" at WalMart...................
If you refer to Giddens, he was a Roy recruit.

ROYC75
07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
GRCOAT (Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time)

Yes, the 1st detour has started taking place folks.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 09:11 AM
GRCOAT (Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time)

Yes, the 1st detour has started taking place folks.
Yep. That sucks. Mayo is the cornerstone of GRCOAT. Although, he may still end up at Kansas State..ya never know.

If he doesn't, i'd still be happy with GRCO2007.

ROYC75
07-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Yep. That sucks. Mayo is the cornerstone of GRCOAT. Although, he may still end up at Kansas State..ya never know.

If he doesn't, i'd still be happy with GRCO2007.

With his talent, he was only going to be a one hit wonder........... then off to the NBA. He is going to go take a California vacation for year.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 09:17 AM
With his talent, he was only going to be a one hit wonder........... then off to the NBA. He is going to go take a California vacation for year.
So? There is not a team in the NCAA that wouldn't want his talent for one year.

Ultra Peanut
07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Hold the MayoAnd Walker, for that matter.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 09:21 AM
And Walker, for that matter.
Not sure on that. All the unnamed "Sources" say Mayo will go to USC. The same "sources" say Walker will end up at K-State.

ROYC75
07-06-2006, 09:25 AM
So? There is not a team in the NCAA that wouldn't want his talent for one year.

You think if it came down to a kid with exceptional talent that would commit for 4 years to a superstar talent of Mayo for 1 year that a coach wouldn't go with the 4 year player ?

Damn right he would ........ 4 years over 1 year.

The lone exception , IMHO would be if the team was oh so close to a NC, a Mayo would put them over the hump.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 09:28 AM
You think if it came down to a kid with exceptional talent that would commit for 4 years to a superstar talent of Mayo for 1 year that a coach wouldn't go with the 4 year player ?

Damn right he would ........ 4 years over 1 year.

The lone exception , IMHO would be if the team was oh so close to a NC, a Mayo would put them over the hump.
The point is, noone is going to pass on him because he is a "1 and done".

Would you have rather had Keith Langford for 4 years, or Melo in 02? Let me know.

ROYC75
07-06-2006, 11:43 AM
The point is, noone is going to pass on him because he is a "1 and done".

Would you have rather had Keith Langford for 4 years, or Melo in 02? Let me know.

Like I said the lone exception, you are using Keith Langford vs Carmello Anthony. Langford was good,but wasn't the exceptional talent I spoke of. Carmello was a superstar player ( like Mayo ) thst was the missing piece of a team that was oh so close to a NC.......

Would I take him for 1 year......... Yes , only if I was oh so close to a NC that I spoke of.

Would I take him for 1 year if I could take a very talented player for 4 years if I wasn't so close to a NC ? .......... NO

You guys at KSU keep thinking / getting 1 and done players and you will never get to a NC again. You have to have quality players around him that are commited to the program.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Like I said the lone exception, you are using Keith Langford vs Carmello Anthony. Langford was good,but wasn't the exceptional talent I spoke of. Carmello was a superstar player ( like Mayo ) thst was the missing piece of a team that was oh so close to a NC.......

Would I take him for 1 year......... Yes , only if I was oh so close to a NC that I spoke of.

Would I take him for 1 year if I could take a very talented player for 4 years if I wasn't so close to a NC ? .......... NO

You guys at KSU keep thinking / getting 1 and done players and you will never get to a NC again. You have to have quality players around him that are commited to the program.
Keith Langford was very highly rated coming out of HS. So was Melo.

Getting highly rated talent is never bad. I know you haven't done any research on this topic, but K-State is also in on quite a few 3 and 4 star prospects as well, that will help build that 4 year core of quality players.

sedated
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Melo was an All-American considering going to NBA.

Langford wasn't close.

however, ROY is crazy to think that someone wouldn't take a 1 year guy.

even if you didn't get a championship, you would bring more credibility to your program. the other ballers would follow, seeing that your school produced a lottery pick

I'd take the talent. BRush was supposed to be gone after 1 year, but he's staying and brings championship hopes back with him.

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 11:55 AM
You're all just playing for 2008 anyway ;)

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Melo was an All-American considering going to NBA.

Langford wasn't close.

however, ROY is crazy to think that someone wouldn't take a 1 year guy.

even if you didn't get a championship, you would bring more credibility to your program. the other ballers would follow, seeing that your school produced a lottery pick

I'd take the talent. BRush was supposed to be gone after 1 year, but he's staying and brings championship hopes back with him.
Exactly.

Langford was exceptional talent. He was HM AA in many publications coming out of HS. He was rated as the 9th best SG in the country. He is the type of player you would want to build with for 4 years.

Melo was a consensus AA, and a possible NBA lottery pick out of HS.

Now, which one would you want on your team? Langford for 4, or Melo for 1? Hmm...

Cochise
07-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I'll take Melo for 1 chance at a title, rather than Clangford for 4.

ROYC75
07-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Say what you wish, I wasn't so impressed with Langford. He was good, but nowhere the talent I was mentioning about to compare to a 1 year player.

To each his own............

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Say what you wish, I wasn't so impressed with Langford. He was good, but nowhere the talent I was mentioning about to compare to a 1 year player.

To each his own............
That was after the fact. When he was coming out of HS, he was highly rated. Definately top 100. Melo was top 10.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-06-2006, 02:10 PM
O.J. Mayo, the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2007, told the USC coaching staff and players last week that he would commit to the Trojans, multiple sources told ESPN.com. The 6-foot-4 Mayo, perhaps as recognizable a high school recruiting name as LeBron James and Greg Oden, made the statement during his unofficial recruiting visit last week in Los Angeles. He has yet to make that sentiment public, but could do so this weekend at the Reebok ABCD Camp on the Fairleigh Dickinson campus in Teaneck, N.J.

High school recruits often say one thing to appease a coaching staff, then sign with another school during the fall and spring signing periods. But multiple sources told ESPN.com that the Trojans are awaiting public word from Mayo. Even after he makes an announcement, though, the Trojans aren't guaranteed anything until Mayo signs a national letter of intent with USC. The earliest that can happen is during the November signing period.

NCAA rules forbid college coaches from commenting publicly on commitments until they receive a signed national letter of intent. That said, if Mayo orally commits to USC this weekend -- or anytime before the fall -- he could immediately go down as the most significant recruit in USC basketball history.

Mayo still could consider other alternatives instead of going to college in the fall of 2007. There is a possibility he play professionally overseas for a year or compete in a barnstorming tour with other high-profile players who are prohibited from entering the NBA draft until they are at least 19 years old and one year out of high school. Details of possible moves like this are expected to be explored in September.

Still, those would be unchartered waters. The more traditional approach for Mayo would be to do what Oden did: go to school for at least one year. Oden chose Ohio State and is projected to be the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA draft if he declares. Mayo, who is still scheduled to finish his high school career at North College Hill in Cincinnati, is a potential No. 1 overall pick in 2008 if he were to declare.

"[Mayo] could change a program and give it instant credibility," said one source. "He sees the big market and knows that he's not too far away from being marketed. [Going to USC] would only help him and he's confident enough to win a national championship."

The assumption for more than a year was that Mayo would go to Cincinnati if Bob Huggins were still employed there, or follow him to wherever he landed, which ended up being Kansas State. Multiple sources told ESPN.com, though, that USC coach Tim Floyd received a phone call in November in which he was told Mayo was interested in joining the Trojans.

Mayo then played in an event in Los Angeles in December, with reports surfacing that he was interested in a West Coast school. The assumption at the time was that it was UCLA, but by December, it had been made clear to USC that it was the Trojans, not the Bruins, who were in the hunt.

Multiple sources said that Mayo wanted to be in a major media market and that he told the USC staff he didn't want to be just another name at a school like Duke or North Carolina. He wanted to win big, go to the NBA and already have been marketed in a media center. Sources also said that Mayo was very aware of the attention USC's back-to-back Heisman winners, Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush, received the past two seasons.

"He's a little bit different for a kid his age," a source said.
ESPN.com was unable to reach Mayo for comment.

Mayo was in Los Angeles last Wednesday to Friday. He met with the coaching staff, played with USC's returning players on campus and had a conversation with USC athletic director Mike Garrett. Mayo also met with Floyd for the first time. A source said Floyd has only talked to Mayo a handful of times, during which Mayo has expressed his interest in playing at USC.

That's what makes this even more of a coup for the Trojans, assuming it becomes official. Even though he coached in the NBA at Chicago and New Orleans, Floyd has only had one highly rated freshman in his college career -- Marcus Fizer, while he was at Iowa State.

The timing of Mayo's commitment couldn't come at a better time for the Trojans. USC is still emotionally spent after dealing with the tragic death of freshman point guard Ryan Francis, and also needs to overcome the loss of star shooting guard Gabe Pruitt, who is academically ineligible for the first semester. The Trojans are also opening their new arena, the Galen Center, this fall.

A Mayo commitment may lead to another major coup if teammate and close friend Bill Walker, another top-10 player in the class of 2007, were to follow Mayo to USC. The two have said for the past two years that they would play together in college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
"Sources", eh?

Read this article:

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMDYmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5NTc4MTkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

"Me and Bill are still looking at Florida and K-State right now," Mayo said. "But USC is first on my list, and then K-state and Florida."

Mayo said he might make a verbal commitment this week, and then still take recruiting trips after that.

"I'd like to try to get it over with by this week," he said. "I'm still talking it over with my mother and my grandfather. I'm going to take a visit (to Florida) and K-State and make a final decision. A verbal is just a verbal. (USC) is what I like right now, but that could change."

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Billy should just show him the trophy on his visit.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Billy should just show him the trophy on his visit.
I wouldn't mind if Florida got him. USC though? Come on.

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 02:19 PM
We have 4 4-stars coming in this year. Hopefully they can learn and be ready after all of our starters are gone next year. We already have a 5-star commit at PG for 2007.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
We have 4 4-stars coming in this year. Hopefully they can learn and be ready after all of our starters are gone next year. We already have a 5-star commit at PG for 2007.

So your Gators, Heat, Chiefs....not Fins?

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 02:34 PM
So your Gators, Heat, Chiefs....not Fins?

I moved to FL in 1988. I am a fan of all south Florida franchises which originated after my move (Heat, Marlins, Panthers - not Dolphins). I also follow the KC teams (Royals, Chiefs). I am a graduate and grad student at UF - thus the Gators. Both of my parents and my uncle are KU alums so I grew up a JHawks fan.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I moved to FL in 1988. I am a fan of all south Florida franchises which originated after my move (Heat, Marlins, Panthers - not Dolphins). I also follow the KC teams (Royals, Chiefs). I am a graduate and grad student at UF - thus the Gators. Both of my parents and my uncle are KU alums so I grew up a JHawks fan.
:thumb: What's the University of Florida like? I've heard stories about the women there. :drool: I'm a major heat fan. They're my NBA team, unless a franchise came to KC. I was fan before D wade and Shaq.

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
:thumb: What's the University of Florida like? I've heard stories about the women there. :drool: I'm a major heat fan. They're my NBA team, unless a franchise came to KC. I was fan before D wade and Shaq.

UF is great. It's a very large school (50,000 students) so there is a lot to do and always something going on. It has great academics and athletics so there is a lot of school pride and alumni support. The weather is great and, yes, many beautiful girls :)

It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator :thumb:

58-4ever
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM

Then you know about Harlod Miner.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 04:53 PM
UCF (Orlando) is the largest university by enrollment, IIRC. I heard they are over 50k.

Florida has 7 D-1 football schools. UF, FSU, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, University of Central Florida, and University of Southern Florida.

I have a cousin who is going to UF and one going to UCF. I like USF of course, for Jim Leavitt.

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
UCF (Orlando) is the largest university by enrollment, IIRC. I heard they are over 50k.

Florida has 7 D-1 football schools. UF, FSU, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, University of Central Florida, and University of Southern Florida.

I have a cousin who is going to UF and one going to UCF. I like USF of course, for Jim Leavitt.

UCF is growing and is up-and-coming, but they are not as large as UF. UCF's enrollment in the Fall 2005 was 45,090 and the campus spans 1415 acres.

In 2002 UF had over 48,000 students and that number has grown. We are the 4th largest university by enrollment in the country. Our campus is over 2,000 acres.

In the state of Florida we are the biggest and the best :D

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 05:03 PM

Harold Minor, Glen Rice, Rony Seikaly...know about them all.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Are you kidding? Of course!

Ultra Peanut
07-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I like USF of course**** you.

**** WCFCC.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
**** you.

**** WCFCC.
Hahaha. Did they take Memphis' spot in the BE?

Saulbadguy
07-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Mayo fielded softballs for the next 10 minutes from the handcuffed media, demonstrating a cliché lexicon that's as NBA-ready as his game. With dozens of anxious reporters looking for some kind of seam, any insight into his highly-anticipated decision, questions that strayed too close to the subject of Mayo's recruiting were shot down by the moderator before either interviewee could take a breath.

"Is there anything to gain at ABCD camp for players ranked as high as you?"

"We just came to play hard," Mayo responded. "It's a great camp. It's not about proving yourself. It's about having fun and meeting other guys from across the country."

"Are you looking forward to the on-court rivalry with [highly-regarded point guard] Derrick Rose?"

"He's a great player -- I've got nothing to prove. It's five-on-five out there, not a one-on-one game," Mayo said. "Me and Derrick are both competitors. We both want our teams to win, and that's what it's all about. It's not really about the one-on-one matchups -- it's about the team game, getting everyone better and just playing hard."

"What does mean to remain the No. 1 recruit in the country?"

Mayo: "I really can't control that. All I can do is try to play hard and compete. It's all about winning and trying to focus on the team game."

Reporters in the room couldn't help but feel let down as their colleagues found themselves restricted to such hard-hitters as, "When you're playing in a game, are you ever in awe of yourself?"

With the moderator Rivers issuing a fourth warning to stay on the topic of the afternoon's game, the frustration reached a humorous culmination when a reporter from a Washington, D.C., newspaper took the microphone for the next question:

"O.J., during the game that was just played, were you thinking about USC or Kansas State?"

Rivers, unamused, took that opportunity to close the questioning. And so Mayo's recruiting, a long and winding ordeal that's included more twists than a pretzel factory, lives on another day.

Pitt Gorilla
07-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind if Florida got him. USC though? Come on.Yeah, that would be crazy, but not as crazy as going to K-State.

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that would be crazy, but not as crazy as going to K-State.

Yea, they've never been to any Final Four or anything. Never.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Yea, they've never been to any Final Four or anything. Never.
I haven't been around long. When was the last time K-State made the final 4 and how many teams were in the tourney at the time?

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
I haven't been around long. When was the last time K-State made the final 4 and how many teams were in the tourney at the time?

What ever you say, Skip.

How's the Web TV performing these days?

You've been around longer than Granny Clampett.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 09:42 PM
What ever you say, Skip.

How's the Web TV performing these days?

You've been around longer than Granny Clampett.
That's what I thought.

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 09:43 PM
That's what I thought.

Hi skip. I see you've gone Kotter on us with the new moniker.

Putz.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi skip. I see you've gone Kotter on us with the new moniker.

Putz.
Tell us of some more of K-State's great accomplishments.

Ultra Peanut
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I haven't been around long. When was the last time K-State made the final 4 and how many teams were in the tourney at the time?lol n00b

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Tell us of some more of K-State's great accomplishments.

NoDickJones, you know all of KSU's accomplishments. Now quit being a trailer dwelling, dog dick gnat and log in under your real name.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
NoDickJones, you know all of KSU's accomplishments. Now quit being a trailer dwelling, dog dick gnat and log in under your real name.
Or I could just let you try to convince people K-State has ever done anything in anything. I'm glad it bothers you. Hahahahahaha! Final Four my ass!!

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Or I could just let you try to convince people K-State has ever done anything in anything. I'm glad it bothers you. Hahahahahaha! Final Four my ass!!

Skip goes Kotter.

Wait till NeedledickJones starts threads that result in 100 replies.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Skip goes Kotter.

Wait till NeedledickJones starts threads that result in 100 replies.
I'd rather talk about K-States Final Fours and your phony attempts to snow people into believing that shit. Wouldn't you? Or would you rather continue to spew shit?

WilliamTheIrish
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I'd rather talk about K-States Final Fours and your phony attempts to snow people into believing that shit. Wouldn't you? Or would you rather continue to spew shit?

I'll talk about KSU FF's all day long. But you don't really want to do that you ****ing pussy.

I have to admit, it's funny as hell to watch you log in under another name like Kotter and still get your old ass beat down.

New name, same result.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I'll talk about KSU FF's all day long. But you don't really want to do that you ****ing pussy.

I have to admit, it's funny as hell to watch you log in under another name like Kotter and still get your old ass beat down.

New name, same result.
You sure veered away from K-States FF's in a hurry. Did you really think you could get that shit by this board? William, you are pathetic.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh, BTW, you didn't answer how many teams were in the tourney when your boys reached the "Final Four". IIRC there were 8 teams involved which means you won ONE game. Isn't that a little dishonest of you to try to tell this board K-State actually MADE a FF? I think it is and it doesn't make any difference who pointed that out. You were being deceptive and now you want to blame it on me.

arrowheadnation
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
KEVIN YOU'RE BACK!!!! Kudos on the fact that GRCART (or whatever that little thing you guys call it is) still has a minute chance of happening. OJ left Flowercat nation with an inkling of hope that GRCART can still happen. Cuz I mean, if GRCART happens, then whoa....nobody else even stands a chance against 4 freshmen and a neck...NOBODY. Hell, it's a well known fact that predominately freshman teams win national titles every year....sheesh...throw in a neck and it's curtains for the Dukes, UNCs, KUs, and UCONNs of the basketball world. It's time to face the facts people. If the .000000001% chance of GRCART actually happening at KSU comes true, then the 2007-08 NCAA basketball season might as well be skipped (no pun intended) and the title given to the GRCART Flowercats. Good gravy I'm shaking in my boots as we speak.

On the real though, do you realize that even if by some snowball's chance in hell you get your GRCART...KU will still probably beat your asses two to three times every year. Seriously, it's nice to see you around again Kevin.

Big Dick Jones
07-06-2006, 10:50 PM
KEVIN YOU'RE BACK!!!! Kudos on the fact that GRCART (or whatever that little thing you guys call it is) still has a minute chance of happening. OJ left Flowercat nation with an inkling of hope that GRCART can still happen. Cuz I mean, if GRCART happens, then whoa....nobody else even stands a chance against 4 freshmen and a neck...NOBODY. Hell, it's a well known fact that predominately freshman teams win national titles every year....sheesh...throw in a neck and it's curtains for the Dukes, UNCs, KUs, and UCONNs of the basketball world. It's time to face the facts people. If the .000000001% chance of GRCART actually happening at KSU comes true, then the 2007-08 NCAA basketball season might as well be skipped (no pun intended) and the title given to the GRCART Flowercats. Good gravy I'm shaking in my boots as we speak.

On the real though, do you realize that even if by some snowball's chance in hell you get your GRCART...KU will still probably beat your asses two to three times every year. Seriously, it's nice to see you around again Kevin.
I saw a thread on the KU board today that said KU's reserves could possibly place second in the Big XII this year. How arrogant. Or could that possibly be true? KU is loaded with recruits that are ALREADY on campus, not just pie-in-the-sky MAYBE'S like the kittens have.

HemiEd
07-07-2006, 05:20 AM
You sure veered away from K-States FF's in a hurry. Did you really think you could get that shit by this board? William, you are pathetic.

Hey SkipTowne was back last night.

KChiefs1
07-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Found this little tidbit about the new coaching hires contracts in the Big 12:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Jul/20060702Spor003.asp

Base
Anderson: 250K
Capel: 200K
Huggins: 180K
McDermott: 225K

Guaranteed
Anderson: 850K
Capel: 650K
Huggins: 800K (plus 30K signing bonus)
McDermott: 650K

Max
Anderson: 1.465 mil
Capel: 850K
Huggins: 1.205 mil
McDermott: 900K

Length
Anderson: 5 years
Capel: 5 years
Huggins: 5 years
McDermott: 6 years (with a one year extension available to him for every year ISU is on probation as a result of sanctions from Wayne Morgan's regime)

WilliamTheIrish
07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh, BTW, you didn't answer how many teams were in the tourney when your boys reached the "Final Four". IIRC there were 8 teams involved which means you won ONE game. Isn't that a little dishonest of you to try to tell this board K-State actually MADE a FF? I think it is and it doesn't make any difference who pointed that out. You were being deceptive and now you want to blame it on me.

So when KU won it all in 52 it didn't really count? Am I getting this right?

WilliamTheIrish
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Tom, I see your back.

I see nodick has a somebody to give him a reach around. No you two be sure to wash up afterwards.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
"USC is just a school on my list," Mayo said. "USC, Kansas State and Florida are on my list. I'm going to take my time with this and talk it over with my family and make sure that I make the right decision for myself and my family."

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2006, 06:39 PM
"Me and Bill are still looking at Florida and K-State," Mayo told the Herald News of West Paterson, N.J. "But USC is first on my list, and then K-State and Florida."
. . .
"I'd like to try to get it over with by this week," Mayo told the Herald News. "I'm still talking it over with my mother and my grandfather. I'm going to take a visit (to Florida) and K-State and make a final decision. A verbal is just a verbal. (USC) is what I like right now, but that could change."

Saulbadguy
07-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Your quote is from yesterday. Mine is from today.

;)

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Where the hell is CNN with round-the-clock coverage when you need them?!

Speaking of vitally important news, Doneal Mack may be headed to Memphis. Awesome.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Where the hell is CNN with round-the-clock coverage when you need them?!

Speaking of vitally important news, Doneal Mack may be headed to Memphis. Awesome.
How about Derrick Rose?

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
We're still the leaders, as far as I've heard.

KChiefs1
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9548336

The Ohio high school athletic association has just cleared the way for Bill Walker to become a lottery pick in the 2007 NBA Draft.

Walker, best known as O.J. Mayo's teammate at North College Hill (Ohio) High -- but a legitimate NBA prospect on his own -- was declared ineligible for his senior season on Monday. Basically, the governing body of Ohio high school sports has determined that Walker already has played four years of varsity basketball since completing his eighth grade season. That means Walker, a nomadic sort whose high school background is murky, has met the first half of the NBA's draft-eligible requirements for high school seniors -- which says that a high school senior can enter the draft if it has been a year since his original high school class graduated. The Ohio governing body is essentially stating that Walker's original high school class is the one that graduated in June 2006. The second half of the NBA's draft requirement for Walker is crystal clear. The NBA cannot draft a player who isn't yet 19. Walker will be 19 -- and some media reports say he will be 20 -- in June 2007.

Cochise
07-11-2006, 09:22 AM
too late to get in with an Ooops?

ROYC75
07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
And the walls came a tumbling down ..............

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
He can't enter the NBA Draft until 2008. Besides that, I don't think he's ready to go Pro. He's a 6'5" small forward that really plays the PF role. He's got a nice shot, but it needs some work.

Bottom Line: Without fighting this thing legally, Bill Walker won't be elligible for the 2007 NBA Draft

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey there, Doneal Mack. What are you doing?

Oh, you just enrolled at Memphis? That's cool. See you this fall.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I love it. The KU fans don't even bother to read the article.

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 11:49 AM
TEANECK, N.J. -- O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker, two of the top players in the class of 2007, are going to college. At least for one season.
Sources continue to tell ESPN.com that Mayo, who told the USC staff that he's coming, soon will announce he'll be a Trojan. It was supposed to be at the Reebok ABCD camp, but he wants his mother by his side. Walker, according to multiple sources, likely will choose Kansas State and new coach Bob Huggins.

What the North College Hill (Ohio) pair apparently won't do is go on a barnstorming tour of Europe, Asia and Israel.

Grassroots hoops czar Sonny Vaccaro, most recently of Reebok, has called it off before it even started. He does want the world to know, though, that he had the option available for these two -- and others.

"I had researched the tour and had it ready to be funded by a financial institution, not a sneaker company," Vaccaro said. "We had countries ready to host us."

That's countries, not just club teams. His vision was of a tour during which the elite high school players would train, be housed and fed, and play across the globe as they waited to satisfy the NBA's year-old rule of having to be at least 19 years old and at least one year out of high school to be eligible for the draft.

"It's off, but these kids had alternatives," Vaccaro said.

What has really irritated Vaccaro is the case of Mayo, who will turn 19 in November. Mayo was born on Nov. 5, 1987, so if he goes to college for just one year, the beginning of his first NBA season would come right around his 21st birthday in November 2008.

"No one thought this through that the possibility would be there for someone to be 21 or 22 when they entered the NBA, even after just one year out of high school," Vaccaro said.

Vaccaro wouldn't be against someone challenging the rule on the grounds that he's being denied the right to work. The issue, though, is that Mayo or anyone else could work -- for a club overseas -- and make it a lucrative decision.

Still, the odds are higher that interest in Mayo and Walker would likely be greater in this country than overseas. Just take Saturday night, when Mayo and Walker -- like LeBron James, Sebastian Telfair and others in years past -- were the only two players at the ABCD camp who were hounded for autographs.

"If I were in their shoes and LeBron walked past me, I'd want to touch him and be close to him," Mayo said. "I don't mind. If I were one of those kids, I'd want my book signed, too. This is my last time on the summer circuit, and I want to make sure I'm not forgotten."

Walker said he has seen this on both sides, watching the star and now "being that guy."

Nonetheless, the college game -- and likely USC and Kansas State -- can now rest easily. Mayo and Walker are going to school. Now these schools just have to hope they officially announce soon and honor the commitments in a year.

Final nuggets
• Despite Monday's ruling by the Ohio High School Athletic Association that made Walker ineligible to compete this season -- the OHSAA determined he has already completed his full eight semesters of eligibility -- he should have some options for next season. Prep school is a very possible destination.

KChiefs1
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
It didn't take long for Thuggins to get his type of recruit.

ROYC75
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I love it. The KU fans don't even bother to read the article.

Really ? The thread title kinda says it all...... you jumped the gun with excitement ( which I understand, it has been a long long time ) and now it's a tougher sell going to KSU that just saying Thuggy Bear wants you, pack you bags and go young man.......

You may still get them........ time will tell.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
What kind of type is that?

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2006, 01:05 PM
How are you handicapping that prediction of Walker?

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM

Que? WalmartKnifefighter?

KChiefs1
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
What kind of type is that?

I think you know Thuggins history with his players don't you? Walker sounds like the ideal Thuggins recruit...you know the ones who aren't even eligible to play their SR year. Is he really 20 years old & still in HS?:shake:

good luck on the GRCOAT!:clap:

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I think you know Thuggins history with his players don't you? Walker sounds like the ideal Thuggins recruit...you know the ones who aren't even eligible to play their SR year. Is he really 20 years old & still in HS?:shake:

omg.

His academic elligibility isn't even in question. He's already played 8 semesters of HS ball. That's all he's allowed to do in the state of Ohio. Do you really want to talk age of recruits and academics................. ..coughcough...BrandonRush...cough.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM

He turns 19 THIS October.

He isn't eligible to play HS basketball his senior year because he played HS ball in 8th grade. He has used up all 8 semesters of eligibility.

Owned.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
omg.

His academic elligibility isn't even in question. He's already played 8 semesters of HS ball. That's all he's allowed to do in the state of Ohio. Do you really want to talk age of recruits and academics................. ..coughcough...BrandonRush...cough.
but but but..Brandon Rush is a good kid! Mount Zion & IMG Academy are legit schools!

But, like you said, academics is not the issue. Unless of course you are talking about KCChiefs1.

ROYC75
07-11-2006, 03:03 PM

Just think, we could of had a Blue Light Special from K-mart..........
:harumph:

hawkchief
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
It's not an academic thing as much as it is a deceit thing. Kind of a typical Huggy recruit - somehow "forgets" he's 1 or 2 years older than he really is, and now, because things aren't quite playin out the way he wants with high school, he and OJ might challenge the NBA age limits.

Typical huggy kid - if the rules aren't the way that they need to be to help you, just skirt them, break them, or sue to have them changed for you. The grapes are desperately hoping their man Tyree Evans can beat the rap on his statutory gang-rape charge and grace their campus amongst the KSU coeds with is presence as well. Congrats kitties - welcome to Huggyland!

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Wow, what a reach.

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
thuggins lol

WilliamTheIrish
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I am loving this total pwnage of these CP jhoax.

It's unreal... and yet so natural.

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
It's not an academic thing as much as it is a deceit thing. Kind of a typical Huggy recruit - somehow "forgets" he's 1 or 2 years older than he really is, and now, because things aren't quite playin out the way he wants with high school, he and OJ might challenge the NBA age limits.

Typical huggy kid - if the rules aren't the way that they need to be to help you, just skirt them, break them, or sue to have them changed for you. The grapes are desperately hoping their man Tyree Evans can beat the rap on his statutory gang-rape charge and grace their campus amongst the KSU coeds with is presence as well. Congrats kitties - welcome to Huggyland!

Are you a retard, or are you just trying to impress everyone with your stupidity? Geezus, I had no idea how the Jayhag Nation was this insecure. ROFL

Saulbadguy
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Are you a retard, or are you just trying to impress everyone with your stupidity? Geezus, I had no idea how the Jayhag Nation was this insecure. ROFL
It seems our little birdiemiester is up to no good!

http://mb24.scout.com/fkansasinsiderfrm3.showMessage?topicID=73271.topic

DJay23
07-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Giddens was a Roy recruit.

WilliamTheIrish
07-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Insert obligatory :

"Squirm Grapes!!! Squirm!!!!"

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Giddens was a Roy recruit.

Water is wet. So what?

THE KING
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU.

Just because.

DJay23
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Water is wet. So what?
So who was you your slam aimed at? KU fans, whose current coach did not recruit said malcontent?

You K-Staters are like gnats. You buzz around and make all kinds of annoying noise in your ear, but in the end there isn't much to you, your arguments, or your team.

arrowheadnation
07-11-2006, 08:26 PM
"Squirm Grapes!!! Squirm!!!!"
Hey, that's my line. Come on Kevin, at least give me some credit.

ChiTown
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
So who was you your slam aimed at? KU fans, whose current coach did not recruit said malcontent?

You K-Staters are like gnats. You buzz around and make all kinds of annoying noise in your ear, but in the end there isn't much to you, your arguments, or your team.

LMFAO

Coming from a KU fan, that's pretty damned funny.

The argument is aimed at your team, Program, past coaches, etc. They are all on trial, and nothing is sacred. If Huggins' misgivings are relevant for KSU, then KU's misgivings are relevant, no matter who the Present coach is.

See how fn stupid and irrelevant this is? No, I'm sure you don't......

WilliamTheIrish
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey, that's my line. Come on Kevin, at least give me some credit.

Sorry Tom. Tucked in early with Jones?

WilliamTheIrish
07-11-2006, 09:09 PM

Djay, I love ya man.

But your post takes me back to Macbeth.

"A tale... full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing."

However, you're no idiot.

DJay23
07-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Djay, I love ya man.

But your post takes me back to Macbeth.

"A tale... full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing."

However, you're no idiot.
Wow, nice, pulling out the Shakespeare. REP!

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Have I really let a whole page and half of this thread go by without reminding you all that none of this matters. 2007 season is a long ways away and Florida will repeat in 2006 :D

btw, the class of Nick Calathes, Alex Tyus, Adam Allen and Gary Clark is looking pretty good so far ;)

ChiTown
07-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Have I really let a whole page and half of this thread go by without reminding you all that none of this matters. 2007 season is a long ways away and Florida will repeat in 2006 :D

btw, the class of Nick Calathes, Alex Tyus, Adam Allen and Gary Clark is looking pretty good so far ;)

I saw Tyus play, that kid can BALL!

DJay23
07-12-2006, 08:43 AM

Will they be getting to the 2006 National Championship game in a DeLorian? Better not run into their past selves, they may be erased from existence!

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Will they be getting to the 2006 National Championship game in a DeLorian? Better not run into their past selves, they may be erased from existence!

This thread is about the 2007 class. Florida will repeat during the 2006-2007 season, with the NC coming in March/April 2007 ;)

Let me clarify:

I would like to see their performance of the 2005-2006 regular season games played in 2005 REPEATED in 2006 (they were undefeated at that point). Then I would like to see their 2006 SEC & NCAA Tourney performances REPEATED in 2007. :)

Saulbadguy
07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
I believe I speak for all KU and K-State fans on this thread when I say GFY, and F the $EC.

:)

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I believe I speak for all KU and K-State fans on this thread when I say GFY, and F the $EC.

Since I am also a KU fan, you don't speak for all of us :p

DJay23
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
This thread is about the 2007 class. Florida will repeat during the 2006-2007 season, with the NC coming in March/April 2007 ;)

Let me clarify:

I would like to see their performance of the 2005-2006 regular season games played in 2005 REPEATED in 2006 (they were undefeated at that point). Then I would like to see their 2006 SEC & NCAA Tourney performances REPEATED in 2007. :)
Thanks, that's a little better... Won't happen, but that's better.

Saulbadguy
07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Huggins has sold nearly 3,000 new season tickets, and got the university an 8 year, $15 million deal with Nike, for all sports, across the board. All without coaching a game. Gotta love him!

ROYC75
07-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Let me clarify:

A favorite to win it all, again....... OK, but it will be difficult to repeat.

But the Florida will repeat ? Tough order, very few teams now days can do that.

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks, that's a little better... Won't happen, but that's better.

Oh, it will :D

All the starters back -- and BETTER. Only 3 guys won't be back -- Adrian Moss a backup PF/C, Jimmie Sutton who didn't play all year (was injured) and David Heurtas a backup SG who wasn't that great. Replacing them are 3 4-star recruits and a 3-star recruit.

Repeat ;)

DJay23
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh, it will :D

All the starters back -- and BETTER. Only 3 guys won't be back -- Adrian Moss a backup PF/C, Jimmie Sutton who didn't play all year (was injured) and David Heurtas a backup SG who wasn't that great. Replacing them are 3 4-star recruits and a 3-star recruit.

Repeat ;)
I know they'll be a powerhouse, I know they'll make noise, but it's just a gut feeling I have. NCAA basketball is wacky.

DaKCMan AP
07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I know they'll be a powerhouse, I know they'll make noise, but it's just a gut feeling I have. NCAA basketball is wacky.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Anything can happen come tourney time. I'm pumped about it though. Has there been a championship team in the last decade that has returned all of their starters the next year?

DJay23
07-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Anything can happen come tourney time. I'm pumped about it though. Has there been a championship team in the last decade that has returned all of their starters the next year?
I wanna say that Arkansas team in like or '93 did, but can't be sure of that, plus it was more than a decade ago. I think had Carmelo stayed 'Cuse would have returned their starting 5 in '03-'04

It's definitely not a common occurrence. Florida will obviously be the favorites going into the season. Have fun with that great big bullseye!

arrowheadnation
07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Huggy, we have a problem...

Beasly having second thoughts?

However, the biggest addition on the Panthers watch list is 6'9" 240 pound Michael Beasley of Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, VA. According to the same DC area source, Beasley, one of the top four players in the country, is very interested in the Panthers even though he is currently committed to Kansas State.

"He is going to visit Kansas State and if he doesn't like it, he already told Cox that he will go to Pitt," says the source, who also stated that Cox was hired a day after Beasley committed to Kansas State. "If Cox was hired one day earlier, Beasley may have committed to Pitt. They won the (AAU) National Championship together and are very close."

Beasley has confirmed that the source's information is correct. When asked if he was interested in Pitt, despite being committed to Kansas State, he replied "Yes, I'm interested in Pitt a lot". When asked if it was because of Cox, Beasley simply replied, "Yes". Beasley stated that he was still committed to Kansas State, but said a visit to Manhattan, KS could change that. Beasley says he will visit next month and is unsure if he will visit Pitt if he likes it at Kansas State.

http://pantherrants.blogspot.com/

I know it's just a blog, but it's a blog from a reputable sportswriter (granted, most likely a Pitt homer). Still, once the Beas gets a whiff of the cattle pens from the front door of Bramlage he might start thinking...."eh, I think I'll keep my options open." On the real though, you better hope he's not looking for the big city experience. Manhattan is a wonderful place for a small townsman, but far from the hustle and bustle of city life.

WilliamTheIrish
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Huggins has sold nearly 3,000 new season tickets, and got the university an 8 year, $15 million deal with Nike, for all sports, across the board. All without coaching a game. Gotta love him!

Saully,

Don't you know that's typical Huggins?

He probably stole or embezzled that loot. Then he went to the Ohio Division of Vital Statistics and bribed one of the State Office drones to change Bill Walker's birth certificate so that Walker would not be able to play his senior year, but also be ineligible for the NBA draft. Then he had Donald Little kill the drone.

Huggy then took another portion of the loot and bribed Miles Brand in hopes of *skirting, breaking or sueing to have the rules changed for him.
Still not done, Huggy went to the DA prosecuting *Tyree Evans and offered him free tickets for life (or until Huggs decided he wanted Donald Little to kill him too) in exchange for help in dismissing Evans' part in the rape of a girl so that Evans would be free to roam the KSU campus and rape coeds with impunity.

Finally, Huggs made a deal with Nike, that they would "sponsor" KSU athletics to the tune of 15$ mil. Absolute genious.

This, my friends, is Huggyland.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142708&page=9&pp=15

Saulbadguy
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Huggy, we have a problem...

Beasly having second thoughts?

I know it's just a blog, but it's a blog from a reputable sportswriter (granted, most likely a Pitt homer). Still, once the Beas gets a whiff of the cattle pens from the front door of Bramlage he might start thinking...."eh, I think I'll keep my options open." On the real though, you better hope he's not looking for the big city experience. Manhattan is a wonderful place for a small townsman, but far from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Make a wish!

KChiefs1
07-13-2006, 05:01 PM
The biggest addition on the Pitt Panthers watch list is 6'9" 240
pound Michael Beasley of Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, VA.
According to the same DC area source, Beasley, one of the top four
players in the country, is very interested in the Panthers even though
he is currently committed to Kansas State.

"He is going to visit Kansas State and if he doesn't like it, he already
told Cox that he will go to Pitt," says the source, who also stated that
Cox was hired a day after Beasley committed to Kansas State. "If Cox was
hired one day earlier, Beasley may have committed to Pitt. They won the
(AAU) National Championship together and are very close."

Beasley has confirmed that the source's information is correct. When
asked if he was interested in Pitt, despite being committed to Kansas
State, he replied "Yes, I'm interested in Pitt a lot". When asked if it
was because of Cox, Beasley simply replied, "Yes". Beasley stated that
he was still committed to Kansas State, but said a visit to Manhattan,
KS could change that. Beasley says he will visit next month and is
unsure if he will visit Pitt if he likes it at Kansas State.

Saulbadguy
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Again..keep wishing!

Big Dick Jones
07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I heard Weiser looked into Tyree Evans background and decided K-State wasn't interested. Anybody know about that? Could the GRCOAT be eroding?

Saulbadguy
07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I heard Weiser looked into Tyree Evans background and decided K-State wasn't interested. Anybody know about that? Could the GRCOAT be eroding?
Tyree Evans = not part of the GRCOAT. He would have been part of this years class.

Big Dick Jones
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Tyree Evans = not part of the GRCOAT. He would have been part of this years class.
Who are the members of GRCOAT and are any of them committed?

Saulbadguy
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Who are the members of GRCOAT and are any of them committed?
In order of Rivals ranking...

1. OJ Mayo. All signs point to him commiting to USC, but he has not given a verbal commitment to there yet.
2. Bill Walker. OJ Mayos HS teammate. No verbal yet, but all signs point to him giving a verbal to K-State.
4. Michael Beasley. Verbal commitment to K-State.
10. Herb Pope. Once verballed to Pitt, but re-opened his recruitment around the time Huggins was hired at K-State. Sources say he does not like Mayo, and won't play with him. No Commitment.
38. Alex Legion. Not sure on this guy. Maybe a 50/50 shot at him. KU has offered him a scholarship as well. No commitment.
52. AJ Stewart. Teammate of Jason Bennett. No commitment.

There you have it. If we only get 2 out of the top 10, that would be amazing. Remember, LOI's can not be signed until November.

KChiefs1
07-13-2006, 09:15 PM
1. OJ Mayo. - USC
2. Bill Walker. - NBA
4. Michael Beasley. - Pitt
10. Herb Pope. - Pitt
38. Alex Legion. - who cares
52. AJ Stewart. - who cares

Keep Wishing Saul!

arrowheadnation
07-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Uh oh....GRCART's only wheel is making a squeaky sound like it's about to fall off. More evidence of Beasly wavering from his commitment...from his own mouth this time. Check out the article below. (for those that don't like reading, just hit the bolded text)

Beasley quietly one of the best

Friday, July 14, 2006

By ADAM ZAGORIA
HERALD NEWS

A whole lot of hype and hoopla surrounded O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker when the two high school basketball stars took up residence last week at the Reebok ABCD Camp in Hackensack. Michael Beasley has hardly received the same attention even though college scouts and recruiting experts consider him to be among the best of the best in the Class of 2007.

Beasley, a 6-foot-9, 235-pound forward from Frederick, Md., will compete in New Jersey for the second time this week when his AAU team, DC Assault, appears at the Playaz Ball beginning today. The event takes place at Kennedy and Don Bosco High Schools, along with the Rothman Center at Fairleigh Dickinson, before moving later in the day to Basketball City in Manhattan. Beasley's team plays its first game at the Rothman Center today at 12:30.

"All the best teams are going to be there," Beasley said by phone on Thursday. "And the Playaz are going to be there. We've had a little rivalry with them for the past three or four years."

Beasley is a tremendously athletic player who averaged 20.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 4.5 blocks last season at Oak Hill Academy (Va.). He is the No. 4 ranked player in the nation in the Class of 2007 by rivals.com and No. 5 by scout.com.

And unlike some of his high-profile classmates, who were too busy competing in sneaker camps, Beasley helped the USA Men's U18 team win the FIBA Americas U18 Championship earlier this month in San Antonio. After a day's rest at home, Beasley then picked up and earned the No. 2 ranking at the adidas Superstar Camp outside of Atlanta.

"He would be a top 15 player picked in the NBA Draft in a year," said Mike Byrnes, head coach at The Winchendon (Mass.) School, one of several prep schools in the running for Beasley's services this coming season.

Jeff Goodman, a college basketball analyst at FoxSports.com, polled a dozen college coaches recently as to who was the best player in the Class of 2007. Six different players were named, including Beasley, Mayo and Walker.

The 6-6 Walker was recently declared ineligible by the Ohio High School Athletic Association after an investigation determined he had exhausted his eight semesters of eligibility. He could end up spending a post-graduate year at someplace like Winchendon or The Patterson (N.C.) School.

Beasley, 17, was similarly declared ineligible at Oak Hill, Carmelo Anthony's alma mater, and could also be on the move.

Byrnes -- who also briefly coached former Paterson Catholic and Passaic star Jeremiah King and former Passaic Tech standout Hashim "Big City" Bailey and now coaches Don Bosco's Trevor Harris – said he would love to have Beasley.

"I've talked to Michael about prep schools and about the possibility of him coming to The Winchendon School and Michael has an interest," Byrnes said this week at the Reebok Summer East Classic at FDU. "We have very few beds left on campus. I'm begging my headmaster to save one more bed."

Beasley said he wasn't sure where he would spend the upcoming season.

Just as his prep school situation is up in the air, Beasley's college situation also remains cloudy. He initially committed to Charlotte, but when his basketball mentor, Dalonte West, got a job under Bob Huggins at Kansas State, Beasley switched and committed to Kansas State. There has been talk of a dream recruiting class there featuring Beasley, Mayo and Walker. Mayo said at ABCD that USC was his "first choice," but that he and Walker were also considering Kansas State and Florida.

To complicate matters further, David Cox, Beasley's former AAU coach and longtime friend, was recently named director of basketball operations at Pittsburgh. Reports have surfaced that Beasley might end up at Pitt, and he did not completely deny them.

"It's complicated," Beasley said. "I'm committed to Kansas State but Pittsburgh could be an option."

Despite the confusion surrounding his prep and college options, Beasley was certain about one thing. He wanted to play with USA Basketball this summer, even though other heralded players, such as Kevin Durant, a 6-9 forward from Texas, chose not to. Lance Thomas of St. Benedict's was also on the team.

"If you got a chance to wear the USA name and to play for the best country in the world, you can't pass that up," Beasley said. "It was a great feeling to stand up there with the gold around our necks showing all the countries that we're the best in the world."

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk1NzImZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5NjEwNjYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

KChiefs1
07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
another thug for Thuggins!

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15149816.htm

K-State not sour on Evans

Weiser will keep eye on prep star who has had legal troubles and will attend Butler County.

By HOWARD RICHMAN

The Kansas City Star

Guard Tyree Evans wanted to play basketball in the state of Kansas. Butler County Community College might not be his first choice. But his first choice might not be a dead issue after all.

Kansas State might be willing to give Evans a shot down the road, Wildcats athletic director Tim Weiser said Friday. Earlier this month, Weiser indicated that Evans, who at the time was facing serious legal issues, wouldn’t be a good fit for K-State.

In the future, Weiser might have a different opinion, especially now that Evans’ future from a legal standpoint has become clearer.

“I certainly wouldn’t want to eliminate the possibility or hope from Tyree’s standpoint that one day he might be a good fit for us,” Weiser said. “I’d have to see evidence that some of the issues I was concerned about are no longer a factor.”

Evans, who said this spring he would play at K-State for coach Bob Huggins, saw that particular option end in mid-July when Weiser indicated there was too much baggage in Evans’ situation for the Wildcats to consider him for their one remaining scholarship.

On Tuesday, there was some resolution to Evans’ legal issues. He reached a plea agreement in Worcester, Mass., on charges of statutory rape. Evans pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of assault and battery and received two years of probation.

So Evans, who averaged 29.5 points as a senior in Richmond, Va., before going to a prep school in Winchendon, Mass., will play in 2006-07 for coach Randy Smithson at Butler County in El Dorado, Kan.

Smithson said when he learned K-State would not pursue Evans, he phoned Huggins to get a contact number for him. When Huggins still coached Cincinnati, he received an oral commitment from Evans, but Evans never played there because of grades.

“I had to make a call (to Huggins) and say, ‘Guys, what’s your feeling on him?’ Bob probably wouldn’t have given his number out to just anybody. He cares about this kid, whether he goes to K-State or not,” said Smithson, who coached Herb Jones before he went to play at Cincinnati for Huggins. “We’re excited to give him a second chance.”

Smithson said he expects Evans will play only one season at Butler County before moving on. Could the destination be K-State?

“I would be surprised if he (Evans) does everything we ask of him if they didn’t recruit him,” Smithson said. “I know where this kid stands. He’s got a lot of allegiance to Bob Huggins.”

WilliamTheIrish
07-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Sweet!!!

Cochise
07-30-2006, 06:07 PM
This is turning out like the "I'm going to go ahead and call it right now" thread.

Saulbadguy
07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
This is turning out like the "I'm going to go ahead and call it right now" thread.
Tee hee. Never say die.

Tyree Evans was never part of the GRCOAT.

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Tee hee. Never say die.

Tyree Evans was never part of the GRCOAT.

I like the Randy Smithson connection with Huggins.

Saulbadguy
07-30-2006, 06:50 PM
I like the Randy Smithson connection with Huggins.
Tyree would be a 2008 addition (After Beasley or Walker goes pro).

Saulbadguy
09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
GRCOAT UPDATE:

1. OJ Mayo has still not decided on USC, Florida, or Kansas State. Word has it he will go to USC, but he has not made this official yet.
2. K-State has backed off a bit on Herb Pope. They are still recruiting him, just not as hard as before.
3. K-State has gained considerable ground on Burlington, KS prospect Tyrel Reed.
4. Despite rumors only posted on one Pittsburgh blog, Rivals.com #1 Rated prospect in the country, Michael Beasley is SOLID to K-State. In an interview at the Rucker Park tourney in NYC, Beasley said he intends to stay at K-State for 4 years.
and finally..

As long as it everything gets cleared by the NCAA, Bill Walker will be a Wildcat this fall. Huge.

DaKCMan AP
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
OJ Mayo won't be at Florida. Billy D has said repeatedly that he doesn't want 1-and-done type players.

Saulbadguy
10-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Since football SUCKS...

Michael Beasley remains solid with his commitment to K-State.

"I've heard about that stuff today from a couple people," the 6-foot-9, 235-pound Beasley said. "It's not true. I'm a Wildcat. I'm going to be purple and white. I'm excited about being a Wildcat. We're going to get it done in Manhattan."

-#1 Recruit in the NATION, Michael Beasley

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Neither college football nor college basketball sucks ;) :D

Saulbadguy
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Neither college football nor college basketball sucks ;) :D
Kansas State football sucks. :( Re-re-building year.

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Kansas State football sucks. :( Re-re-building year.

"Re-building" is not in our vocabulary.

JBucc
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
So, Dakcman ap, are you a Leak man or a Tebow man?

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Since football SUCKS...

Michael Beasley remains solid with his commitment to K-State.

"I've heard about that stuff today from a couple people," the 6-foot-9, 235-pound Beasley said. "It's not true. I'm a Wildcat. I'm going to be purple and white. I'm excited about being a Wildcat. We're going to get it done in Manhattan."

-#1 Recruit in the NATION, Michael Beasley
Obviously, Beasley has not seen Manhattan yet.

Spott
10-02-2006, 07:39 PM
"Re-building" is not in our vocabulary.

Then how do you explain Ron Zook?

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
So, Dakcman ap, are you a Leak man or a Tebow man?

Leak. Tebow will be great and he has done an absolutely fantastic job when put in the game in certain packages (run-heavy). Great change of pace. However, Leak leads the country in TD passes and is the leader of the offense. It isn't, and shouldn't, even be a question. The reports of people booing Leak coming in for Tebow against UCF is completely overblown. I've been to every game thus far (home & away) and yes, some idiots booed. However, as soon as the masses realized what they were booing, the boos were completely drowned out by cheers. Now, everyone cheers whenever Leak runs out onto the field.

Leak is the man this year. Tebow will be the man for the next 2-3 years.

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Then how do you explain Ron Zook?

Considering that Zook had some of the highest rated recruiting classes during his tenure here, I wouldn't call it rebuilding. We had the talent and had the tools. Zook would go out and get gourmet ingredients without having the slightest knowledge of how to cook. That's not rebuilding, it's poor coaching and disappointment.

Saulbadguy
10-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Obviously, Beasley has not seen Manhattan yet.
He's the guy in the red hat, Skip.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/alparso/20060923_0936.jpg

ROYC75
10-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Damn, how far along is Huggy bear, looks like he is ready to drop that cub anyday now.

Saulbadguy
10-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Damn, how far along is Huggy bear, looks like he is ready to drop that cub anyday now.
He is carrying GRCOAT twins.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2006, 08:46 PM
MID-OCTOBER GRCOAT UDPDATE (MOGRCOATU)

- Beasley remains solid to K-State
- Pope back in the mix? Apparently there is a visit scheduled for this weekend
- Bill Walker, if cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse, will play for the Wildcats this fall. If not cleared, he will join the team by December 17th. Bill Walker is the nations #6 prospect for 2007.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Gawd, skip got owned in this thread.

Whatta turd.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Gawd, skip got owned in this thread.

Whatta turd.
GRCOAT has the power to change lives.

hawkchief
10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
GRCOAT has the power to change lives.

Let's do recap GRCOAT:

1. Walker, who conveniently forgot he had already gone to High School for 4 years and was DQ'd, is now trying to get on campus to play for a year at KSU.

2. Pope, who most KSU fans said was too rough a kid for even Thuggy to consider, due to on-court fights etc. is now mysteriously "back in the fold".

3. OJ Mayo has taken such a beating in the press for being a thug, that his college options are shrinking faster than Rosie O'Donnels' thongs.

Lest we forget, admitted statutory gang-rapist Tyree Evans is getting all polished up at Butler County CC so he can grace the KSU campus in a year or so with Thuggy's thugs.

Saul, you must be proud. Huggy is delievering everything (and more) we all thought he would.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Let's do recap GRCOAT:

1. Walker, who conveniently forgot he had already gone to High School for 4 years and was DQ'd, is now trying to get on campus to play for a year at KSU.

2. Pope, who most KSU fans said was too rough a kid for even Thuggy to consider, due to on-court fights etc. is now mysteriously "back in the fold".

3. OJ Mayo has taken such a beating in the press for being a thug, that his college options are shrinking faster than Rosie O'Donnels' thongs.

Lest we forget, admitted statutory gang-rapist Tyree Evans is getting all polished up at Butler County CC so he can grace the KSU campus in a year or so with Thuggy's thugs.

Saul, you must be proud. Huggy is delievering everything (and more) we all thought he would.

CoMoChief
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Let's recap.

Hawkchief= *snff*

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Walker is in. One down, 4 to go...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15845595.htm

schneider221
10-25-2006, 10:51 AM
i have a feeling he wont be on the court until second semester. he will be the first 1/2 and done player i can remember. he is a very good pick up either way but i am interested in seeing how he does without oj mayo on the court with him.

ChiTown
10-25-2006, 10:51 AM

William

He's been admitted, but I don't think he has enrolled. If that is the case, he won't be able to play until after the 1st semester is complete, which would be the Kennesaw St Game on 12-17.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 10:52 AM

Unless you count Beasley. He is solid,though.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 10:54 AM
i have a feeling he wont be on the court until second semester. he will be the first 1/2 and done player i can remember. he is a very good pick up either way but i am interested in seeing how he does without oj mayo on the court with him.
Same here, but that's fine by me. I think that will give him ample time to prepare for Big XII play.

I've seen him play w/o Mayo. They don't play all their AAU games together.

Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G33_XkeVS8

ChiTown
10-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Same here, but that's fine by me. I think that will give him ample time to prepare for Big XII play.

I've seen him play w/o Mayo. They don't play all their AAU games together.

Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G33_XkeVS8

I talked to an AAU coach earlier this year who coached against Walker. He told me that he thinks Walker will be an all-around better player without OJ. That was just his opinion, but I agree.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM

I'd like to welcome the phognet fans to ChiefsPlanet.

CoMoChief
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
KU will still dominate the Big12. They have too much depth, most teams will not be able to handle a team that is 9 deep of really good players/potential of being starters.

Collins
Robinson
Chalmers
Rush
Wright
Arthur
Kaun
Jackson
Giles*

*Who knows whats gonna happen with him. He adds great depth though. Imagine if KU still had Padgett healthy and Giddens. Ouch.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Ku should dominate the Big 12. Nobody said otherwise.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I see damage control has already started.

ChiTown
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
I'd like to welcome the phognet fans to ChiefsPlanet.

That part is BS. Walker WANTS to play with Beasely, and vice versa. Unless he absolutely blows up in the B12 season, he won't be going pro. NFW. Matter of fact, he has some work to do before he even thinks about the NBA. He needs to polish his shot, and work on his exterior D.

He'll probably be a hybrid 2/3 in the NBA, whereas, he's a definite 3 and maybe even a small 4 when we go to a small lineup at KSU.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't think he can even go pro after this next semester. I think he'd have to wait until 2008 to become eligible.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I talked to an AAU coach earlier this year who coached against Walker. He told me that he thinks Walker will be an all-around better player without OJ. That was just his opinion, but I agree.
Then again..who knows how long he will be without OJ. :hmmm:

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Let's do recap GRCOAT:

Huggy cheats.
Huggy lies.

Huggy is Thugy

Tell me again, what university just got cited for Lack of institutional control?

Dumbf*ck.

ChiTown
10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Tell me again, what university just got cited for Lack of institutional control?

Dumbf*ck.

LOL. KU phog phan's are phunny little phuc.kers

KevB
10-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't think he can even go pro after this next semester. I think he'd have to wait until 2008 to become eligible.

That is correct. Basically, KState fans get an extra semester of Bill Walker that they weren't likely to see 2/3 months ago.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
That is correct. Basically, KState fans get an extra semester of Bill Walker that they weren't likely to see 2/3 months ago.
I don't think he is a one & done anyways. Alot of these "one and done" type guys learn they aren't ready for the NBA after a year of college. In the past, the NBA just drafted them because of their potential and athleticism, and they got burnt because not all of them were Kobe, LeBron, T-Mac..etc.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 12:39 PM
The ink is dry!

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=602350

Outstanding. GRCOAT will only happen with Mayo, though.

vailpass
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
LMAO
Let the Buyer Beware
Rick Reilly

Congratulations, Kansas State University! You've just purchased Famous College Coaches Model NX9873, Bob Huggins.

WAIVER: Before you open your used Bob Huggins, please read the directions CAREFULLY. We cannot be responsible for damage to your integrity, reputation or standing in the community.

GUARANTEE: Your used Bob Huggins is guaranteed to win games, not graduate players. He operates best at a zero graduation rate. In fact, in four of nine reporting years at Cincinnati his graduation rate was 0.0 -- meaning Huggins graduated as many people as the local cemetery. He insists his rates were low because he relied on junior college transfers, who don't count in the stats when they graduate, and because many of his players turned pro. Still, in 16 years at Cincinnati, Huggins graduated only 28% of the players who arrived as freshmen. You could do better than that teaching calculus by smoke signal.

SETTINGS: Do not adjust the volume on your used Bob Huggins. He has only one setting. During games he screams at his players, and they scream back at him. It's like dinner at Ozzy Osbourne's house. Your fans will love it. They will be able to hear much of his halftime speech without leaving their seats.

CARE AND CLEANING: Do not attempt to clean your used Bob Huggins with abrasive cleansers or industrial products. In fact, don't try to clean your used Bob Huggins at all. The stain will not wash off. He's about as black a hat as you can find in college basketball. He even wears black. His temper is factory-set to "quick" and his ethics to "slick," and he'll sign a cottonmouth if he thinks he can rebound.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Hire extra cashiers. Your used Bob Huggins will win many games and win them quicker than you can tote them up. He's the best defensive coach in the land. K-State won six Big 12 games last year? Hah! Huggins will pass that by Groundhog Day. You'll sell out of seats, jerseys and nachos. Alumni donations will double. You'll be on Dick Vitale's speed-dial. With Dick's lung capacity, that's not always a good thing.

LIMITED WARRANTY: No wins guaranteed after March 15. Only one of Huggins's last nine Cincinnati teams made it past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. You said you wanted to go to the dance. You didn't say you wanted to stay.

NOTE TO USERS: Do not store your used Bob Huggins near any flammable material, such as the NCAA rule book. In '98 his Bearcats program got two years probation and lost three scholarships for "lack of institutional control." Also, keep your university's ethics professors away from him. We all know what you did here. You sold your soul for wins. It's like marrying Anna Nicole Smith. She ain't moving in to cook.

TROUBLESHOOTING: Your used Bob Huggins already made you look a little sleazy before you hired him. After getting canned by Cincinnati in August 2005, he had all of last season to basically recruit star players, even though he didn't know what school he was recruiting them for. You're going to love it there, as soon as I figure out where "there" is. Right after Hugs signed with Kansas State, he got a verbal commitment from star forward Michael Beasley, one of the top high school players in the class of '07. (Probably didn't hurt that Huggy Bear hired Beasley's old AAU coach as one of his assistants.)

HELPFUL TIP: Have plenty of good lawyers around. Your used Bob Huggins often recruits the kind of player reserved for Scared Straight! documentaries. In his time at Cincinnati, 19 of his players or recruits were charged with crimes ranging from shoplifting to assault. One player punched a horse. Huggins's Thug-o-meter broke years ago. If you hold a reunion of ex-Huggins players now in the NBA, it will draw such moral beacons as San Antonio's Nick (the Gangsta Hooper) Van Exel, who once attacked a ref; Denver's Kenyon Martin, who was suspended for insubordination during last season's playoffs; and Milwaukee's Ruben Patterson, a registered sex offender.

SAFETY WARNING: Use caution when allowing your used Bob Huggins to take the wheel of your program. In fact, use caution when allowing him to take the wheel of anything. He's already had one DUI conviction.

REPLACEMENT PARTS: These are not covered by the manufacturer on your used Bob Huggins. The man is so intense he had a heart attack four years ago, at 49, and was back at work within two weeks. (Defibrillator sold separately.)

EMERGENCY SHUT-OFF: After a few seasons you will want to get rid of your used Bob Huggins the way Quasimodo wanted to get rid of his hump. This will not be cheap. It cost Cincinnati president Nancy Zimpher $3 million to fire him. Why'd she do it? Because, she said, "character counts."

Not at Kansas State. Accountants do.

Enjoy!

Issue date: October 23, 2006
http://premium.si.cnn.com/pr/subs2/siexclusive/2006/writers/rick_reilly/index.html

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 12:54 PM
tee hee! Iowa Hawkeyes Basketball!

vailpass
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
tee hee! Iowa Hawkeyes Basketball!

Don't get ahead of yourself Saul. It will take a while before K-State hoops fan can talk sh*t to any program above the high shcool level and as of now DUI Bob hasn't won game one. You didn't find that article amusing? I thought it was both humorous and extremely accurate. K-State got tired of sucking hind tit so they spread their legs for the magical Huggy Bear tour.
Good luck with that.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself Saul. It will take a while before K-State hoops fan can talk sh*t to any program above the high shcool level and as of now DUI Bob hasn't won game one. You didn't find that article amusing? I thought it was both humorous and extremely accurate. K-State got tired of sucking hind tit so they spread their legs for the magical Huggy Bear tour.
Good luck with that.
I found it humurous - only for the fact that it was written by Rick Reilly, a guy who "didn't know" teens were having an orgy and using drugs in his house. Accurate? Not at all!

vailpass
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I found it humurous - only for the fact that it was written by Rick Reilly, a guy who "didn't know" teens were having an orgy and using drugs in his house. Accurate? Not at all!

You REALLY want to see K-State win some games, don't you?
What fact that Reilly stated was inaccurate? The DUI? The graduation rate? The police records of his players? The NCAA penalties levied for Lack of Institutional Control?

It's cool if you want to win at all costs but at least be honest about it.

Ultra Peanut
11-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Rose is a Tiger.

I wonder how many Illinois fans have committed suicide so far.

Saulbadguy
11-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Rose is a Tiger.

I wonder how many Illinois fans have committed suicide so far.
Losing Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose..ouch.

KevB
11-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Losing Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose..ouch.

Rose was never theirs to lose, unless you're just talking about the geographic advantage they didn't take advantage of. Rose has been a Tiger lean for quite a long while.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 01:08 PM
1. OJ Mayo. - USC
2. Bill Walker. - NBA
4. Michael Beasley. - Pitt
10. Herb Pope. - Pitt
38. Alex Legion. - who cares
52. AJ Stewart. - who cares

Keep Wishing Saul!
ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Uh oh....GRCART's only wheel is making a squeaky sound like it's about to fall off. More evidence of Beasly wavering from his commitment...from his own mouth this time. Check out the article below. (for those that don't like reading, just hit the bolded text)

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk1NzImZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5NjEwNjYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2
SIGNED.
SEALED.
DELIVERED.

#1 rated Prospect to Kansas State. Kansas State #1 Recruiting class in the nation.

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
SIGNED.
SEALED.
DELIVERED.

#1 rated Prospect to Kansas State. Kansas State #1 Recruiting class in the nation.

Saul, we haven't heard from aarowhead nation since the start of the conference season.

Typical pidgeon.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Saul, we haven't heard from aarowhead nation since the start of the conference season.

Typical pidgeon.
Maybe he's dead.

HemiEd
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I look forward to seeing K-State return to elite status.

I was able to watch the Football team for the first time this year against Colorado.
To borrow a line from Sterling Sharpe, I like what I am seein'. That True Freshman QB is going to get the job done IMO.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Now you've done it..you said the "e" word. This will be amusing.

HemiEd
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Now you've done it..you said the "e" word. This will be amusing.

agreed, should get some stirred up.

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I look forward to seeing K-State return to elite status.

I was able to watch the Football team for the first time this year against Colorado.
To borrow a line from Sterling Sharpe, I like what I am seein'. That True Freshman QB is going to get the job done IMO.
I must have missed that. When was K-State ever elite?

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I must have missed that. When was K-State ever elite?

You slept through it.

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:05 PM
You slept through it.
I must have. I would say you guys are "more elite" than say........oh.........Wchita State. But still never elite.

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I must have. I would say you guys are "more elite" than say........oh.........Wchita State. But still never elite.

I've never been an elite fan. Tell me what it feels like.

ChiTown
11-08-2006, 04:24 PM

I stole this from someone else, but what the hell:

(On the eve of the 1988 Elite Eight game, KSU vs. KU)- - -[NCAA Appearances: KSU (18) - KU (18)]- - -[Sweet 16: KSU (16) - KU (13)]- - -[Elite 8: KSU (11) - KU (11)]- - -[Final 4: KSU (4) - KU (6)]- - -[Nat'l Champ: KSU (0) - KU (1)]- - -[Weeks Ranked #1: KSU (8) - KU (9)]- - -[Weeks in Top 5: KSU (62) - KU (49)]- - -[Weeks in Top 10: KSU (89) - KU (139)]- - -[Final Top 10: KSU (7) - KU (10)]- - -[Final #1: KSU (1) - KU (0)]- - -[Big 8 Champs: KSU (10) - KU (8)]- - -[Big 7 Champs: KSU (5) - KU (5)]- - -[KSU vs KU (Big 8): 39-37]- - -[KSU vs KU (Big 7): 13-15]

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I stole this from someone else, but what the hell:

(On the eve of the 1988 Elite Eight game, KSU vs. KU)- - -[NCAA Appearances: KSU (18) - KU (18)]- - -[Sweet 16: KSU (16) - KU (13)]- - -[Elite 8: KSU (11) - KU (11)]- - -[Final 4: KSU (4) - KU (6)]- - -[Nat'l Champ: KSU (0) - KU (1)]- - -[Weeks Ranked #1: KSU (8) - KU (9)]- - -[Weeks in Top 5: KSU (62) - KU (49)]- - -[Weeks in Top 10: KSU (89) - KU (139)]- - -[Final Top 10: KSU (7) - KU (10)]- - -[Final #1: KSU (1) - KU (0)]- - -[Big 8 Champs: KSU (10) - KU (8)]- - -[Big 7 Champs: KSU (5) - KU (5)]- - -[KSU vs KU (Big 8): 39-37]- - -[KSU vs KU (Big 7): 13-15]
You forgot to mention who won the NC that year.

ChiTown
11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
You forgot to mention who won the NC that year.

WHOOPS!

Good point, the team that went on probabtion the very next year for cheating won - KU. Hmm, seems like old times around Lawrence these days (cough, Lack of Institutional Control, cough)

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:34 PM
WHOOPS!

Good point, the team that went on probabtion the very next year for cheating won - KU. Hmm, seems like old times around Lawrence these days (cough, Lack of Institutional Control, cough)
A pretty good omen don't you think? History repeats itself. Oh, and you might revise those figures of yours to reflect the "64 team" tourney. Final Fours don't mean much when there are only 8 teams in the tourney.

ChiTown
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
A pretty good omen don't you think? History repeats itself. Oh, and you might revise those figures of yours to reflect the "64 team" tourney. Final Fours don't mean much when there are only 8 teams in the tourney.

Really? They don't mean much? Hmm, so, with fewer teams getting into the field it's easier and shouldn't count? Gotcha. So, you're saying it's much more difficult and meaningful when you have to water the tourney down and face legendary programs like Bradley and Bucknell in todays day and age. You are a wealth of information, skip.

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Really? They don't mean much? Hmm, so, with fewer teams getting into the field it's easier and shouldn't count? Gotcha. So, you're saying it's much more difficult and meaningful when you have to water the tourney down and face legendary programs like Bradley and Bucknell in todays day and age. You are a wealth of information, skip.
No, it means you have to win 4 games instead of just one. Let's talk about Bramlage and your record against KU there. BWAhahahahahahaha

ChiTown
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
No, it means you have to win 4 games instead of just one.

Against better competition no doubt, cough, cough, hack.............

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Against better competition no doubt, cough, cough, hack.............
OK, you win. One win is better than 4 wins.

ChiTown
11-08-2006, 04:52 PM
OK, you win. One win is better than 4 wins.

:spock:

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I said.

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
:spock:

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I said.
I wonder if anybody has thought about the chance that Herm might keep Huard starting ater Green's return?

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM

So the '52 NC needs an asterisk?

Skip Towne
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
So the '52 NC needs an asterisk?
No, that one was legit.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
God, I could cry.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/889/422825.jpg

Saulbadguy
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey William, Chitown, etc.

I got a new job a couple weeks ago. I was wandering around the building today, and I saw Bill Snyder has an office in my building, for his "Mentor" program with the St of Kansas.

I thought about stopping by and talking to him about GRCOAT but he wasn't there. :(

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Does Beaz' mom's shirt say: "Rock my world"?

Saulbadguy
11-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Does Beaz' mom's shirt say: "Rock my world"?
With a picture of a diamond on it. Did you know she posts on our board?

MCMW

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2006, 04:28 PM
mayo signs with usc

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/pac10/2006-11-15-mayo-usc_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

so much for the GRCOAT

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2006, 05:03 PM
what no comebacks?

ur letting me down Saul

Saulbadguy
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Yep. Thus ends GRCOAT. We will have to settle for the #1 Recruiting class in the nation for 2007. :(

MyChiefConcern
11-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Yep. Thus ends GRCOAT. We will have to settle for the #1 Recruiting class in the nation for 2007. :(

It's best to enjoy fleeting victories while they last, I agree.

How's Jason Bennett working out?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2006, 05:36 PM

He's only played 1 game - we'll see.

WilliamTheIrish
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM

He'll be our Kaun.

How's Giles working out?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Bennett needs to work on his hands.

Other than that, when he is on a post player, it will be hard for them to score. Guards will be able to blow by him. Just gotta keep him runnin.

Skip Towne
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
KU signed the the #1 rated recruit in Kansas today. KSU also made him an offer but he didn't think he'd fit in there. He has a clean record.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2006, 06:33 PM
KU signed the the #1 rated recruit in Kansas today. KSU also made him an offer but he didn't think he'd fit in there. He has a clean record.
Yep - Tyrel Reed from Burlington.