PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Action

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm really surprized by all the ranting about the lack of free agency action by the Chiefs this year.
With a new head coach there is no way he can tell what he has until he has seen these guys in game action in his system. It would be foolish to spend lavishly on free agents when he really doesn't yet know how the current players will function in his system. Wholesale cuts of current players would not be wise either until he knows whether they fit or not.
Next year we will probably see more aggressive personel moves after Herm has had a chance to see what he has and evaluate what he needs.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
what ranting would that be?

dare i say "n00b"? :p

SPchief
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Ranting? WHOS RANTING??

blueballs
06-25-2006, 10:23 AM
it is never
free

milkman
06-25-2006, 10:23 AM
what ranting would that be?

dare i say "n00b"? :p

How about "Dumbass n00b"?

Standing pat worked so well when we replaced Spinner with Gunt.

Have you (n00b) ever heard of film?

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
There have countless rants about Lack on action on Dline,Corner, and a few on W.R. and even back up R.B., I'm not just talking on here but in the media and on other sites too

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 10:26 AM
There have countless rants about Lack on action on Dline,Corner, and a few on W.R. and even back up R.B., I'm not just talking on here but in the media and on other sites too
oh ... i see

people around here have pretty much accepted that we are standing pat this year.

welcome to ChiefsPlanet ........................ n00b! :moon:

:)

NJ Chief Fan
06-25-2006, 10:26 AM
YOUR AND IDIOT!

everyone knows are defense sucks it doesnt matter what system we play in ITS GONNA TEH SUCK

blueballs
06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
a horse walks into a
bar and orders a bale of hay

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
How about "Dumbass n00b"?

Standing pat worked so well when we replaced Spinner with Gunt.

Have you (n00b) ever heard of film?

Now how is Herm gonna get film of these guys in HIS SYSTEM.
and Maybe I'm a noob on this forum but I 'll bet I've been watching the Chiefs longer than you have.

CHENZ A!
06-25-2006, 10:28 AM
If you don't think that after the last few seasons, that we needed some new blood on defense, then you are nuts. And if Herm needs a whole seaon to figure that out, then we are in big trouble.

NJ Chief Fan
06-25-2006, 10:29 AM
If you don't think that after the last few seasons, that we needed some new blood on defense, then you are nuts. And if Herm needs a whole seaon to figure that out, then we are in big trouble.
what he said

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:32 AM

I'd be interested in what you think their strategy is then.

jspchief
06-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your thoughts, Carl.

milkman
06-25-2006, 10:34 AM
and Maybe I'm a noob on this forum but I 'll bet I've been watching the Chiefs longer than you have.

Unless you were watching them since you were 5 years old in '63, as I have, I doubt it.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 10:36 AM
it sucks ....... it has sucked for the last 9 years

really can be no argument about whether it sucks or not. We haven't won a playoff game in 12/13 years .......... therefore our strategy sucks.

CHENZ A!

Duuuh, the same strategy every yr., Don't spend money, raise ticket prices.

Dark Horse
Unless you were watching them since you were 5 years old in '63, as I have, I doubt it.

O.K. you've got me there I was 6 and it was 1970

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
it sucks ....... it has sucked for the last 9 years

really can be no argument about whether it sucks or not. We haven't won a playoff game in 12/13 years .......... therefore our strategy sucks.

I agree it has been dismal but I just don't believe that Lamar Hunt Or Carl for that matter go into every year intending for us to suck, wrong or not I believe they think they are making the right moves for this franchise.

milkman
06-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Even though it wasn't the base, the Chiefs did run some cover 2 last year.

He's also the HC, and a former scout.
He should be able to get a feel for how they'll fit by what he sees of their athleticism, speed and physical ability they display within the system they have been playing in.

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Even though it wasn't the base, the Chiefs did run some cover 2 last year.

He's also the HC, and a former scout.
He should be able to get a feel for how they'll fit by what he see's of their athleticism, speed and physical ability they display within the sytem they have been playing in.

I understand what you are saying and you have a valid point, but the quailities Herm values most in a player,( from what I understand) are Intelligence, toughness and desire, you simply can not get a good grasp of any of those from film.

milkman
06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I understand what you are saying and you have a valid point, but the quailities Herm values most in a player,( from what I understand) are Intelligence, toughness and desire, you simply can not get a good grasp of any of those from film.

I don't know.

I've never met Eric Hicks, but I'm fairly certain he's a dumbass.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree it has been dismal but I just don't believe that Lamar Hunt Or Carl for that matter go into every year intending for us to suck, wrong or not I believe they think they are making the right moves for this franchise.
i don't think Carl or lamar plan on sucking either.

but what they plan is irrelevant ...... the Royals planned on being good this year too. :shrug:

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:52 AM
i don't think Carl or lamar plan on sucking either.

but what they plan is irrelevant ...... the Royals planned on being good this year too. :shrug:

I hope the Chiefs don't suck as bad as the royals this year

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 10:54 AM
I hope the Chiefs don't suck as bad as the royals this year
i don't think they will

just making the point that plans and hopes don't mean jack.

The chiefs need to produce ... nothing else matters on the field.

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know.

I don't know about that. He was an undrafted player out of college and has managed to out last several 1st day picks at least he's smart enough to make a decent living on something he was never supposed to be good enough to do.

milkman
06-25-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know about that. He was an undrafted player out of college and has managed to out last several 1st day picks at least he's smart enough to make a decent living on something he was never supposed to be good enough to do.

A fair indicator of desire.

The fact that he never learns from his mistakes, i.e., always bites on the Donkey bootleg, tells me he's a dumbass.

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
i don't think they will

just making the point that plans and hopes don't mean jack.

The chiefs need to produce ... nothing else matters on the field.

I don't think they will either I'm just saying that Carl and Herm have a plan and I atleast I'm willing to give Herm the benifit of the doubt until he prooves otherwise. Like it or not this year he is going to use the guys he was left with. next year he will bring in his guys and it will probably be the year after that before this defence really starts to gell and become the force I hope it will be.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't think they will either I'm just saying that Carl and Herm have a plan and I atleast I'm willing to give Herm the benifit of the doubt until he prooves otherwise. Like it or not this year he is going to use the guys he was left with. next year he will bring in his guys and it will probably be the year after that before this defense really starts to gell and become the force I hope it will be.
so you're saying we are in year 1 of our new 3 year plan?

so how many of our older vets will even make it to this 3rd Herman year?

Roaf,Shields,green,wiegmann,Gonzo,Browning,Surtain,knight,kennison?

Dark Horse
06-25-2006, 11:11 AM
so you're saying we are in year 1 of our new 3 year plan?

so how many of our older vets will even make it to this 3rd Herman year?

Roaf,Shields,green,wiegmann,Gonzo,Browning,Surtain,knight,kennison?

I hope I'm wrong cause I don't like that scenario either. I do think we will at least be competitive for a division title the next 2 years but a dominant defense is going to take a while.

Big Dick Jones
06-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Yep, he's been a constant on some of the worst defenses the NFL has ever seen.

Demonpenz
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
i thought this thread was going to be about my social life

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Can't we all just get along and stop the RANTING!!!! :p

milkman
06-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Can't we all just get along and stop the RANTING!!!! :p

Screw you Greg!

I'm going to rant any ****ing time I want to, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Get along?
Why the hell would I want to get along with idiots like you littering the board with useless ****ing posts like the one I've quoted here?

Can you answer that?

Are you going to tell me some shit about making this a place that people can come to and talk, without having to worry about someone like me jumping all over their shit, cause they are dumbass morons?

Well are you?

I don't want to ****ing hear it?

Take your Rodney King moment and shove where it the sun don't shine!

Nothing personal, Greg.
Just decided a thread about ranting needed a rant. :p

greg63
06-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Screw you Greg!

I'm going to rant any ****ing time I want to, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Get along?
Why the hell would I want to get along with idiots like you littering the board with useless ****ing posts like the one I've quoted here?

Can you answer that?

Are you going to tell me some shit about making this a place that people can come to and talk, without having to worry about someone like me jumping all over their shit, cause they are dumbass morons?

Well are you?

I don't want to ****ing hear it?

Take your Rodney King moment and shove where it the sun don't shine!

Nothing personal, Greg.
Just decided a thread about ranting needed a rant. :p

ROFLROFLROFL

This was going to be rep, but I got the following message:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to milkman again.

crispystl420
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know.

But... But .... He's the leader of the defense!!!!!!!!!
I hope he's leading the cheers for tamba hali this season dude a freakin joke.