PDA

View Full Version : Firework season must be here...

luv
06-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I live very close to a fireworks stand. I'm in Springfield, but technically outside of city limits. A bunch of kids/teenagers live behind me, and the last two days and nights have been full of the sounds of bottle rockets outside my window. I like living outside the city limits on the 4th. Lots of people around do big fireworks that I can see from my balcony. Until then, I wonder if I'll ever not jump when the sound of one of those bottle rockets doesn't surprise me.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 11:57 AM
If they were polite teenagers, they would use the whistling ones so you'd know they were coming.

luv
06-25-2006, 11:58 AM
If they were polite teenagers, they would use the whistling ones so you'd know they were coming.
LOL

One of them did a few minutes ago.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I live very close to a fireworks stand. I'm in Springfield, but technically outside of city limits. A bunch of kids/teenagers live behind me, and the last two days and nights have been full of the sounds of bottle rockets outside my window. I like living outside the city limits on the 4th. Lots of people around do big fireworks that I can see from my balcony. Until then, I wonder if I'll ever not jump...
No luv don't jump! Don't do it!!! :p :D

blueballs
06-25-2006, 12:00 PM
can I interest you
in a roman candle
:)

luv
06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Boy, if they lost track of one of them, and it made it to the fireworks stand, what a show that would be!

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
LOL

One of them did a few minutes ago.
Well at least one of them has some consideration for others. They only sell fireworks for 10 days up to the 4th here, so it's still fairly quiet. That'll change by the end of the week though.

luv
06-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Well at least one of them has some consideration for others. They only sell fireworks for 10 days up to the 4th here, so it's still fairly quiet. That'll change by the end of the week though.
Same here. The 24th was yesterday.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Boy, if they lost track of one of them, and it made it to the fireworks stand, what a show that would be!

That would be a spectacle alright.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Bottle rockets are illegal here in Kansas. :banghead:

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Bottle rockets are illegal here in Kansas. :banghead:
Same here, I'll be making a trip down to Nzoner's this week. Hopefully we'll get a little more rain this week so I can light them off without worrying about setting the neighborhood on fire.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Same here. The 24th was yesterday.
I thought they sold fireworks year around in Missouri.

luv
06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Not in the tents. There are two places I can think of in Springfield (or just outside of Springfield) that do. I know it's illegal to set them off inside city limits, not sure about selling them, though. All the tents that are set up are outside city limits.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Same here, I'll be making a trip down to Nzoner's this week. Hopefully we'll get a little more rain this week so I can light them off without worrying about setting the neighborhood on fire.

Yeah, just because a few housetops and wooded areas caught fire a few years ago.:banghead:

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Not in the tents. There are two places I can think of in Springfield (or just outside of Springfield) that do.
So I take it most of the big cities outlaw them down there too?

luv
06-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Yep. No setting them off inside city limits.

greg63
Went to Branson over the fourth a couple of years ago; fireworks are outlawed there anytime.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Yeah, just because a few housetops and wooded areas caught fire a few years ago.:banghead:
That's so weak. It's just not the 4th of July unless you have some 3-alarm fires.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Yep. No setting them off inside city limits.
And everybody complies with that, right?

luv
06-25-2006, 12:23 PM
That's so weak. It's just not the 4th of July unless you have some 3-alarm fires.
Or some unsupervised kid let's one go off in his hand.

luv
06-25-2006, 12:25 PM
And everybody complies with that, right?
Highly doubtful. Back when I lived in city limits, I'd still hear bottle rockets. People have gotten in trouble who have gotten caught though.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:25 PM
ROFL
Exactly; no where else do people celebrate such hard earned freedom by destroying property and blowing off appendages with fireworks.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Highly doubtful. Back when I lived in city limits, I'd still hear bottle rockets. People have gotten in trouble who have gotten caught though.
I've never heard of anyone ever getting ticketed up here, unless someone gets hurt or starts something on fire. I don't think they even try to enforce the law. Not that I mind, though.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
ROFL
Exactly; no where else do people celebrate such hard earned freedom by destroying property and blowing off appendages with fireworks.
That's right! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!! :clap:

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I've never heard of anyone ever getting ticketed up here, unless someone gets hurt or starts something on fire. I don't think they even try to enforce the law. Not that I mind, though.

It's happened here...from what I hear.

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
That's right! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!! :clap:

Yup! What a country!

penguinz
06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Fireworks are legal in Lee's Summit startign this year.

R&GHomer
06-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Here in Olathe nothing is legal. I was talking with a police man a few years ago and he said that if it takes a flame or heat source to ignite, it's illegal. I'm talking, sparklers, smoke bombs, snakes, nothing. That being said, if they don't see you do it, or your not getting stupid they normaly don't go out of their way to catch you.

R&GHomer
06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
ROFL

I agree about celebrating freedom, but have you ever seen those crazy chinese and their fireworks?

Nzoner
06-25-2006, 06:12 PM

The mega warehouses can sell year round but only to people with an out of state license.The time frame to sell to other Missourians is June 20th-July 10th.

luv
06-25-2006, 08:56 PM
The people who live behind me seem to think it's the ****ing 4th of July already. They're shooting off the big stuff already. I'm all for fun, but some people have to work in the morning. I may not be one of them, but at least I have respect for my neighbors.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-25-2006, 09:17 PM
http://cinci.com/photos/images/news/fireworks.jpg

greg63
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree about celebrating freedom, but have you ever seen those crazy chinese and their fireworks?

...Good point.