PDA

View Full Version : Strongsafety definition.

chief2000
06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/football101/ssafety.shtml

YOU KNOW HE'S DOING HIS JOB WHEN: The evil quarterback (that being the quarterback of the team that isn't yours) throws the ball through the air and it clonks harmlessly onto the turf.

YOU KNOW HE'S NOT WHEN: You see a fast little punk running down the middle of the field towards your goal line with a peeved-off fella in your uniform huffing along behind him.

The Chiefs at the end of the season. Better at stopping the run up the middle but teams running to the side and throwing the ball effectively.

Yes/no ?

greg63
06-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Rich Scanlon people; Rich Scanlon!!! 'nough said. :p

Moooo
06-25-2006, 12:50 PM
There's nothing in it about dusting off receiver's shoulderpads...

Moooo

CupidStunt
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
If you look up strong safety in the dictionary, you might see a picture of Sammy Knight.................. in the antonyms column.

Count Zarth
06-25-2006, 01:55 PM
If you look up strong safety in the dictionary, you might see a picture of Sammy Knight.................. in the antonyms column.

Knight had an excellent year.

Moooo
06-25-2006, 01:57 PM

Knight bring it. He's not very fast, but he's very instinctually smart.

I would also forsee him (depending on the Pollard situation) having a good year, what with the change to the Cover 2 and whatnot.

Moooo

jspchief
06-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Knight had an excellent year.Knight had a solid year, but hardly what I would call excellent. And he really fell off at the end of the season. He's a bigger liability in coverage than I had hoped he would be.

I'm not ready to shove him out the door, but I like the idea that we are grooming someone to take his place.