PDA

View Full Version : Royals Playing Baseball???

petegz28
06-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Well I know we are heading out to the Reds and Cards and our glory run may come to a fast hault BUT the Royals put on one of the best homestands I have seen in a long time.

We came back from 4 runs down a few times.
Played through some stupid errors a few times.

But we really lit up the scoreboard and our pitching aside from some early 3 + run innings has been solid.

Redman got his 5th straight today.

Gathright has improved this team greatly merely with his speed alone. I went to the game Saturday night and it was worth getting soaked.

The Frank White bobble-head is awesome. Not a cheap pice of plastic either, it is a real nice collectible.

Good luck to them on this road trip. At least they may make the rest of this season fun to watch.

big nasty kcnut
06-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Go royals and also beat st. loser.

Reaper16
06-25-2006, 11:27 PM
:clap:

cookster50
06-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Gathright has improved this team greatly meerley with his speed alone.

meerley? Is that another name for a meerkat?
http://dalliance.net/b3ta/meerkat.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
06-26-2006, 06:18 AM
we almost have a better record than the pirates. heh. there is a glimmer of hope.

phisherman
06-26-2006, 06:32 AM
i didn't know the grammar/spelling police got up this early.

petegz28
06-26-2006, 07:13 AM
meerley? Is that another name for a meerkat?
http://dalliance.net/b3ta/meerkat.jpg

MERELEY!!! Happy now????

chiefqueen
06-26-2006, 07:19 AM
i didn't know the grammar/spelling police got up this early.

thay never slepe

phisherman
06-26-2006, 07:22 AM
ummmm pete...

i think it's actually "merely"

StcChief
06-26-2006, 07:31 AM
good luck with that....after the sweeps at WS and Detriot.
Cards will be in mood to whip some teams in the home stand.

petegz28
06-26-2006, 07:34 AM
ummmm pete...

i think it's actually "merely"

Yeah and I think it's 8:00 and I hve no coffee in me yet.

When have I ever been a virtuoso at the keyboard???

phisherman
06-26-2006, 07:41 AM
you've got a point there

beavis
06-26-2006, 07:52 AM
When have I ever been a virtuoso at the keyboard???
Too... many... jokes.... must... mock... petey....

petegz28
06-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Too... many... jokes.... must... mock... petey....

Ah even your infintile jokes can't ruin this great day.

Jilly
06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
It's so hard to actually invest the energy in getting excited. The best I can do is - can't wait for the next game.

morphius
06-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Its a shame that they waited until the season was over for them to start playing well. I'll keep a slight eye on the group to see where they finish off the season before I get too excited about next year. I guess it is in that, "Isn't that nice", phase.

morphius
would love for the Royals to do well, yet pretty sick of them.

wutamess
06-26-2006, 08:44 AM
So is gaithrite really making that much of a difference?

Is he the reason for all of this?
Haven't been able to watch baseball in a couple of weeks as my life has been hectic.

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2006, 09:02 AM

Haven't been able to watch baseball in a couple of weeks as my life has been hectic.We've actually started pitching as well.

petegz28
06-26-2006, 10:14 AM

Haven't been able to watch baseball in a couple of weeks as my life has been hectic.

No you jsut realize how much speed were were missing when you see him. He is a legitimate base stealing threat and will force a lot of infielders to rush their thriws this year.

SCTrojan
06-26-2006, 10:47 AM
We've actually started pitching as well.

I think that's the biggest difference here lately. Although Redman, Keppel, Duckworth, Wood and Elarton won't strike fear into any team's heart, they have collectively given the team a chance. That's all you can ask for from that group. The bullpen has also righted the ship. I've been impressed by Gobble's latest outings. He seems more aggressive and gets the job done more often than not.

The challenge now, of course, is to try and maintain that for the rest of the season.

chiefqueen
06-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Gathright would have a bigger difference IMO if Buddy didn't have him bat after Buck. Kinda hard to steal bases when the slow, lumbering catcher is in front of you.

Also, did anyone read the NYT article on Moore where it alluded to an instance last week where either Moore or Taylor had to tell Bell to have Gathright play deeper in center.

sedated
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I think they are waiting for Gathwright to get comfortable before they put him in leadoff. (Why, I don't know)

But it'll be a lot nicer when he's 1 and DeJesus is 2.

This lineup could look decent in the future
1- Gathwright
2- DeJesus
3- Gordon
4- Butler

tk13
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Plus, Grudzielanek has been one of our most consistent hitters, I don't think they want to move him down in the order for a guy who's fast but not a great hitter at this point...

Although I wouldn't mind seeing them try it to see what happens. Especially after Sweeney comes back next week. Either way, Gathright's gonna be batting behind Buck, even if it's just 9-1 in the order.