PDA

View Full Version : Fox News vs. Westboro Baptist Church

FringeNC
06-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Don't know if this has to go in DC or not.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCdT9dfrb-Q"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCdT9dfrb-Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Yes, it does.

Cochise
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
dirp.

recxjake
06-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Fox News is so much better then CNN

Lake
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank God for inbreeding. It gives the World so much to laugh about.

go bowe
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
good heavens, i think i'm proud of fox news...

oh nose!!!!!!!1!!!

FringeNC
06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Is Westboro Baptist Church a real church with services and stuff? Or is it just compound for the gay-bashers?

Dave Lane
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Not sure I just can believe that Faux news is giving these idiots a forum to express any views what so ever!

Dave

go bowe
06-26-2006, 12:13 PM
no, i think it's good for people to see for themselves how deranged the phelps clan really is...

seeing demonstrations from across the street is a lot different than seeing one close up spew that crap...

it gives a whole new substance to those sound bites on the news updates showing the phelps clan at a funeral...

Braincase
06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
It's important for the assholes to have a voice. Makes 'em easier to spot and splash for laser-guided munitions.

go bowe
06-26-2006, 12:40 PM
yeah, now THAT'S what i'm talking about... :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow, slap fight. I must admit that I didn't expect the "reporter" to go emotional on the chick.

Cochise
06-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Is Westboro Baptist Church a real church with services and stuff? Or is it just compound for the gay-bashers?

From what I have read it's a church, but that almost all of the body is people in the same family who live on the same block or something.

KS Smitty
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
From their webpage "godhatesfags.com"

Established in 1955 by Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas still exists today as an Old School (or, Primitive) Baptist Church. In short, we adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery, sodomy), and insist that the doctrines of grace be taught publicly to all men. These doctrines of grace were well summed up by John Calvin in his 5 points of Calvinism: Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints. Although these doctrines are almost universally hated today, they were once loved and believed. For example, Augustine (one of the early Church fathers), Martin Luther (the founder of the Lutheran Church), John Knox (the founder of the Presbyterian Church), Augustus Toplady (hymnist and leader in the Episcopal Church), Charles Spurgeon (a well-known preacher), and John Leland (who was partially responsible for our First Amendment in the United States) are just a few examples of people who have advanced these ideas. Most of the major Confessions of Faith throughout the history of the New Testament Church have also advanced these ideas. So, even though the Arminian lies that "God loves everyone" and "Jesus died for everyone" are being taught from nearly every pulpit in this generation, this hasn't always been the case. In fact, if you are in a Church that supposedly believes the Bible, and you are hearing these lies, then your church has apostatized. If you are interested in this subject, we encourage you to do some independent research on the history of the Church from Adam to now and, more importantly, we encourage you to carefully read the entire Bible.
Perceiving the modern militant homosexual movement to pose a clear and present danger to the survival of America, exposing our nation to the wrath of God as in 1898 B.C. at Sodom and Gomorrah, WBC has conducted over 22,000 such demonstrations since June, 1991, at homosexual parades and other events (including funerals of impenitent sodomites, like Matthew Shepard). WBC teams have picketed all over the United States, and internationally (including Canada, Jordan and Iraq). The unique picketing ministry of Westboro Baptist Church has received international attention, and WBC believes this gospel message to be this world's last hope.

Their "purpose":
Good afternoon gentle friend.
Welcome to the Westboro Baptist Church homepage. This page is dedicated to preaching the Gospel truth about the soul-damning, nation-destroying notion that "It is OK to be gay."
"GOD HATES FAGS" -- though elliptical -- is a profound theological statement, which the world needs to hear more than it needs oxygen, water and bread. The three words, fully expounded, show:
the absolute sovereignty of "GOD" in all matters whatsoever (e.g., Jeremiah 32:17, Isaiah 45:7, Amos 3:6, Proverbs 16:4, Matthew 19:26, Romans 9:11-24, Romans 11:33-36, etc.),
the doctrine of reprobation or God's "HATE" involving eternal retribution or the everlasting punishment of most of mankind in Hell forever (e.g., Leviticus 20:13,23, Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:1-3, Romans 9:11-13, Matthew 7:13,23, John 12:39-40, 1 Peter 2:8, Jude 4, Revelation 13:8, 20:15, 21:27, etc.), and
the certainty that all impenitent sodomites (under the elegant metaphor of "FAGS" as the contraction of faggots, fueling the fires of God's wrath) will inevitably go to Hell (e.g., Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Jude 7, etc.). (If you are concerned with our use of the word "fag", please click here to find out why we use this word.)
The only lawful sexual connection is the marriage bed. All other sex activity is whoremongery and adultery, which will damn the soul forever in Hell. Heb. 13:4. Decadent, depraved, degenerate and debauched America, having bought the lie that It's OK to be gay, has thereby changed the truth of God into a lie, and now worships and serves the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen! Rom. 1:25. But the Word of God abides. Better to be a eunuch if the will of God be so, and make sure of Heaven. Mat. 19:12. Better to be blind or lame, than to be cast into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Mk. 9:43-48. Abstain, you fools.
They meet weekly at 11:00 am.

These guys have always been (local) nutballs but since the picketing of military funerals they have really caught alot more media attention nationwide.

Jilly
06-26-2006, 05:11 PM
my god, did that anchor get fired? Those fred phelps people are crazy. They really are.

FringeNC
06-26-2006, 05:29 PM
my god, did that anchor get fired? Those fred phelps people are crazy. They really are.

Why would the anchor have gotten fired?

Baby Lee
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Howard goofing on them is still funnier and more effective.

dirk digler
06-26-2006, 06:03 PM
I swear if I had a son that died in Iraq and these ****ers showed up at the funeral we would have a blood bath. I would put a cap in everyone of those low life POS.

Lake
06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Dirk, I agree with violence part, maybe not the death part. They agree too. That would be playing right into their hands.

FringeNC
06-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Check this one out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpE1Cz5ZqEc

and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMWjRfIwp2o

(Fred Phelps hates Bush as much as Jaz.)

Lake
06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Phelps hates Bush more than Jaz does.

Nightwish
06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow, somebody from Fox actually had something worthwhile to say! Mark this day, folks!

KS Smitty
06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Phelps hates Bush more than Jaz does.

This has little (if anything) to do with the republican/democrat thing. These folks aren't interested in anything partisan they are on the "right hand of GOD". Every battle they (meaning religious groups) have undertaken (even before this anti-gay fight) have included or involve scripture to make most folks feel they have what it does/doesn't take to reach the Kingdom of Heaven. This is any religions highest power, their method(s) of absolution, and to accept it accordingly.

listopencil
06-27-2006, 12:49 AM
That was ****ing awesome! I love that reporter lady.

listopencil
06-27-2006, 01:13 AM

She should get a pat on the back for taking on that freak. It's nice to see a "talking head" show some humanity and speak out against hate. Julie Banderas is my new favorite news person.

Jilly
06-27-2006, 11:53 AM

well, I just thought anchors were supposed to remain as much unbiased as they can. Plus there was so much Bible slinging....I just wondered if that was legal to do in the media world?? I mean, I don't know, I was just wondering.

banyon
06-27-2006, 12:53 PM
this is the first time I have ever respected Fox for anything.

banyon
06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
well, I just thought anchors were supposed to remain as much unbiased as they can. Plus there was so much Bible slinging....I just wondered if that was legal to do in the media world?? I mean, I don't know, I was just wondering.

Fox isn't a government entity. It is not illegal for them to invoke religious sentiments. It's just typically not viewed as an objective journalistic practice.

Jilly
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Fox isn't a government entity. It is not illegal for them to invoke religious sentiments. It's just typically not viewed as an objective journalistic practice.

well, right. So where does one draw the line? I didn't agree with the woman she was interviewing, but I do believe that a certain amount of professionalism should be shown. I guess I just wonder what the line would be between Jerry Springer getting mad at the KKK and a Fox News anchor getting mad at a Fred Phelps idiot?? Or is there a line?

Pitt Gorilla
06-27-2006, 02:06 PM
When the anchor became "emotional", she lost her professionalism, IMO. I think I would have let that idiot Phelps chick babble on and dig her own grave.

Dave Lane
06-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Are you sure? I here they are stocking the WH with them...

Dave

Nightwish
06-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Are you sure? I here they are stocking the WH with them...

DaveThat's true. They are only a step or two away from being the Bush WH's official mouthpiece (propaganda machine) to the public.