PDA

View Full Version : Ok...1 more

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Naked Teen Shot By Taser

By MARI ROBYN JONES The Tampa Tribune
Published: Jun 26, 2006

TAMPA - Police used a Taser on a man who police say walked naked through a golf course, resisted officers and spit on a paramedic Saturday night.

A police officer saw Jacob Cheney Newton, 18, of Tampa, walking naked on the Babe Zaharias Golf Course in Forest Hills about 8:30 p.m., according to police reports. Newton was wet from rain and appeared disoriented, police said.

Officer Kristi Borgo confronted Newton, ordered him to the ground and handcuffed him to find out why he was naked in public, police said.
While handcuffed, Newton rolled over and pulled away from Borgo, an arrest report said. He also tried to pull a bullet magazine from Borgo's gun belt, police said.

Newton became violent and Borgo stunned him with a Taser, police said. He then told the officer, "I love you, I'll love you forever. Say you love me, say you'll love me forever, and I'll stop," according to police.
Police said when Newton was not yelling, he was biting and eating grass.

Newton fought several more minutes, leading Borgo to stun him two more times, police said.

As backup officers tried to put Newton into a police car, he slammed his head several times and dented the car's trunk.

Tampa Fire Rescue was called because police thought Newton may have been under the influence of an unknown substance.

Newton was placed on a gurney, and while resisting, broke a leg restraint and spit in a paramedic's face, police said.

He is charged with felony battery on a firefighter, felony depriving an officer of means of protection, misdemeanor obstructing or opposing an officer without violence, misdemeanor criminal mischief and misdemeanor exposure of sexual organs.

Newton was released from the Orient Road Jail on Sunday after posting $5,250 bail.

http://news.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB3UN0AWOE.html

jidar
06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
My interest was perked up then I found out it was a dude.

chagrin
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I wondered what happened to FloridaChief

Dartgod
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Police said when Newton was not yelling, he was biting and eating grass.

ROFL

I don't know why that part cracked me up, but it did.

HemiEd
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I wondered what happened to FloridaChief
ROFL

greg63
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Sounds like he needs to lay off of ol' grandpa's cough medicine.

Rain Man
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I hope they're making him pay for that leg restraint.