PDA

View Full Version : Did Jack Harry really say that Ty Law was going to be a Chief?

KChiefs1
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
One of my clients just told me that Ty Law was going to be a Chiefs because Jack Harry said so last night on 41.

I told him don't believe anything that POS says...but he is now convinced. I would rate Jack Harry up there with Nick Athan & Rhonda Moss for accuracy in regards to crap like this.

:cuss:

Donger
06-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Did Jack Harry really say that Ty Law was going to be a Chief?

I don't know. But, I'd be willing to bet that he still pronounces 'Wimbledon' as 'Wimpleton.'

morphius
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Jack Harry's source has seemed to be Nick for so long I don't know that I could trust him. I mean really, what is it, a 1 and 3 chance he will be a Chief next year. That's decent enough odds for those two.

Phobia
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Nick isn't actually saying Law will be a Chief - yet. Jack must have decided to run with this on his own.

JBucc
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Ty Law will be a Chief. I stake my reputation on it.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Nick isn't actually saying Law will be a Chief - yet. Jack must have decided to run with this on his own.

In other words, Nick is saying that the signing is imminent.

How's Al Saunders doing up in Detroit? ;)

Phobia
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Nick is leaving most of the Law stuff alone. He's a slow learner but he does have the capacity to learn.

chagrin
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Ty Law will be a Chief. I stake my reputation on it.

I'll stake your reputation on it as well!

:p

alpha_omega
06-26-2006, 12:15 PM
That is what he said...i guess we will just have to wait and see.

jAZ
06-26-2006, 12:15 PM
If anyone saw Herm's smirk at the end of his answer the Ty Law question in this interview... you have to wonder if he's expect Ty Law to be a Chief this year...

(Video on this page too)

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/06/22/qa_with_herm_edwards__622/

Q: Ty Law?

EDWARDS: “What about him? Like I told you: I told you at the beginning when it became a topic: he won’t sign; you won’t see Ty Law until training camp somewhere.”

Q: Are you hoping it’s in a Kansas City Chiefs uniform?

EDWARDS: “I’m just saying we’ll see him in someone’s training camp and I’ll leave it at that.”

chiefqueen
06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I would rank Harry below Moss, to my knowledge Moss hasn't ridden a player hard who had just buried his child.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Nick is leaving most of the Law stuff alone. He's a slow learner but he does have the capacity to learn.

Well, he's one up on Jack Harry then. :D

Donger
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM

So, he's got one advantage over chiefs4me?

Braincase
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
I would rank Harry below Moss, to my knowledge Moss hasn't ridden a player hard who had just buried his child.

Whoa... can't say I've been around KC long enough to hear that one...who'd he ride? Trent Dilfer? Mark Rypien?

Cochise
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I was trying to remember, a long time ago there was a thread where someone was guaranteeing that Dale Carter was coming back. Their justifcation was some inside information - was that Athan? I can't find the thread.

As for Jack Harry, I don't think he could predict what direction the sun will come up tomorrow.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-26-2006, 12:23 PM
If anyone saw Herm's smirk at the end of his answer the Ty Law question in this interview... you have to wonder if he's expect Ty Law to be a Chief this year...

(Video on this page too)

EDWARDS: “What about him? Like I told you: I told you at the beginning when it became a topic: he won’t sign; you won’t see Ty Law until training camp somewhere.”

EDWARDS: “I’m just saying we’ll see him in someone’s training camp and I’ll leave it at that.”

I noticed that, too. He seemed like he knew something we didn't know, or was hiding something. Who knows? I don't think it means anything, but there is hope.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
me ma says ti law is da debil!

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
I would rank Harry below Moss, to my knowledge Moss hasn't ridden a player hard who had just buried his child.Yeah, thanks for that mental image.
:mad:

morphius
06-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Pretty much, nobody will no anything about Law until TC. Though why he can't sign now that OTA's are over is a bit beyond me, but hey what the hell do I know.

chiefqueen
06-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Whoa... can't say I've been around KC long enough to hear that one...who'd he ride? Trent Dilfer? Mark Rypien?

Christian Okoye, his infant son died right b/f TC in 1990. Okoye chose not to discuss it until the following summer. Harry & Don Fortune (who is now retired) rode Okoye so hard Carl Peterson took away their field passes @ Arrowhead and reassigned them to seats in the press box that normally go to the press for the visiting team.

If you listen to Harry closely (okay, not so closely) you can tell he hasn't gotten over it.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Pretty much, nobody will no anything about Law until TC. Though why he can't sign now that OTA's are over is a bit beyond me, but hey what the hell do I know.

He can sign now that OTA's are over. That's why Jack Harry said it's a done deal.

Fire Me Boy!
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Harry said that Pat Surtain said Law really wants to play for Herm again. With that, and what Herm's been saying, he says the signing is only a matter of time.

ROYC75
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Ty is still holding out for more $$$. Somebody will pay him......

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
ok, i havent followed any of the LAW B.S. any guestimations on whats he want as far as $$$?

Cochise
06-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Harry said that Pat Surtain said Law really wants to play for Herm again. With that, and what Herm's been saying, he says the signing is only a matter of time.

Between Ty Law, Jeremiah Trotter, Hugh Douglas and Samari Rolle, we are going to have a hell of a defense.

Fruit Ninja
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
I honestly believe he will be a chief after watching that video. Herm DOES know something it was very vyer obvious he was smiling for something. I am guessing by 2 weeks he will be signed by KC.

greg63
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Did Jack Harry really say that Ty Law was going to be a Chief?
Oh well; if Jack Harry said it then you can ink Ty Law into the starting lineup right now. :rolleyes:

morphius
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
It pretty much comes down to the money at this point.

Phobia
06-26-2006, 12:53 PM
I honestly believe he will be a chief after watching that video. Herm DOES know something it was very vyer obvious he was smiling for something. I am guessing by 2 weeks he will be signed by KC.

You're basing this upon the way Herm smiled? Do you want a job?

ROYC75
06-26-2006, 12:55 PM

Where can we sign up and what does it pay ? :hmmm:

DaKCMan AP
06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
ok, i havent followed any of the LAW B.S. any guestimations on whats he want as far as $$$?

Enough to buy some food. "Hell, we all gotta eat."

Der Flöprer
06-26-2006, 01:21 PM

(Video on this page too)

I watched this video and I took one thing and one thing only from it. Ty Law will be a Chief.

Der Flöprer
06-26-2006, 01:24 PM

The look in his eyes told me a lot more than his smile did. Yeah I'm convinced Herm knows this is a done deal. Between himself and Patty talking to him out in Florida, damn right I think he knows it's a done deal. Why would he put himself out there at this point? Anything can change in a month and if some dumbass team decides they're going to pay him exactly what he's looking for then he will jump ship. Remember Az Hakim? I'm not even going to focus on this anymore, to me it's a done deal unless lightning strikes in the same spot twice.

Sully
06-26-2006, 01:35 PM
T Between himself and Patty talking to him out in Florida, damn right I think he knows it's a done deal.

Patty?
Are we really there yet with him?
Maybe we should give it just a little more time before we beging busting out Patty, huh?

ROFL

ROYC75
06-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, but John Clayton said it would be Friday (But he didn't say which friday, basturd ) , I'm holding out til then.

Der Flöprer
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Patty?
Are we really there yet with him?
Maybe we should give it just a little more time before we beging busting out Patty, huh?

ROFL

ROFL Until he has a season like he did in Miami I'll call him nothing BUT Patty.

Fruit Ninja
06-26-2006, 01:58 PM
First off,nope, I love it here in cali. Secondly its not only the "smile" its the way he said it. If Athan can do it, I sure in the Hell can. lol. Hell, he has about as much credibility as me and i am in Cali. lol.

*edit* I should have said, I have about as much as him, and i havent even been to Missouri before.lol

Baby Lee
06-26-2006, 02:03 PM
First off,nope, I love it here in cali. Secondly its not only the "smile" its the way he said it. If Athan can do it, I sure in the Hell can. lol. Hell, he has about as much credibility as me and i am in Cali. lol.
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/pics/93breal1.jpg
Listen to me - I'm from Dublin! Don't any of ya care about that?!

Well, actually.. I'm not from Dublin - just outside of Dublin. A place called ?? But when people would ask me where that was, I had to explain it's just outside of Dublin. And I got tired of saying "I'm.. from just outside of Dublin." So I started telling me I'm from Dublin. So, nowadays, when people ask me where I'm from, I say I'm from Dublin.

sedated
06-26-2006, 02:04 PM

you can base a lot on a smile.

when a woman smiles at me, I know she thinks I'm a creep.

Sully
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/pics/93breal1.jpg
Listen to me - I'm from Dublin! Don't any of ya care about that?!

Well, actually.. I'm not from Dublin - just outside of Dublin. A place called ?? But when people would ask me where that was, I had to explain it's just outside of Dublin. And I got tired of saying "I'm.. from just outside of Dublin." So I started telling me I'm from Dublin. So, nowadays, when people ask me where I'm from, I say I'm from Dublin.

You can ALWAYS be counted on to bring the obscure pop culture reference to any conversation.
I applaud you, sir.

Mr. Laz
06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
One of my clients just told me that Ty Law was going to be a Chiefs because Jack Harry said so last night on 41.

I told him don't believe anything that POS says...but he is now convinced. I would rate Jack Harry up there with Nick Athan & Rhonda Moss for accuracy in regards to crap like this.

:cuss:

if Henry said we weren't gonna get Law you would be complaining about how negative he was.

now you complaining because he predicted a positive outcome?

whaatEvah :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
06-26-2006, 03:30 PM
if Henry said we weren't gonna get Law you would be complaining about how negative he was.

now you complaining because he predicted a positive outcome?

whaatEvah :rolleyes:
How about "speaking with authority on an important issue without providing evidence of why he is supposedly so certain?"

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
How about "speaking with authority on an important issue without providing evidence of why he is supposedly so certain?"

That's ALWAYS been the issue with Harry and his brethren, namely Keitzman.

Of course, they spew hatred for Carl Peterson, so the little fact you mentioned gets conveniently overlooked.

chiefs4me
06-26-2006, 04:58 PM
So, he's got one advantage over chiefs4me?

%(/