PDA

View Full Version : KC to consider ban.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Sheesh I thought we had ****ed up politicians here. Looks like most of Kansas and Missouri is considering this shit. I thought the mid west was supposed to be more conservative than the People's Republic of California. :shrug:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14896060.htm?source=rss&channel=kansascity_local

Add North Kansas City to the growing list of cities that are considering a ban on pit bull breeds.

Councilman James Martino has asked city officials to investigate the matter and draft a proposed ordinance. Martino said the recent attack on three men in Independence by pit bulls and proposed pit bull bans in other cities prompted him to seek a ban in North Kansas City.

“After I saw the photos on TV of that man in Independence after he was attacked, I thought it was necessary to have a pit bull ban in North Kansas City,” Martino said. “I want to be proactive rather than reactive.”

Independence, Raytown, Overland Park and Gladstone have since discussed bans. Kansas City, Kan., Leawood and Grandview already have some form of a ban.

Cochise
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I saw on the news the other night that the city I live in already has a ban and has for some time.

Reaper16
06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Sheesh I thought we had ****ed up politicians here. Looks like most of Kansas and Missouri is considering this shit. I thought the mid west was supposed to be more conservative than the People's Republic of California. :shrug:
All it takes is one story on the evening news about a pack of pit bulls mauling a couple of innocent people, and public opinion begins to turn on the doggies.

Donger
06-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Good. They should take it a step further and liquidate the entire breed.

Logical
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM
ROFL Evidently dogs are not mans best friend. Really though if this is what the people want then aren't the politicos just doing what you would expect.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
In some areas, the pit bull problem has gotten out of control.

It's not the dog or the breed of the dog, it's the OWNERS. The problem is that the number of problem owners in inner cities has gone up so dramatically, the only method left to fight it is to outlaw ownership altogether.

I honestly don't know what the answer is.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
everytime i call up there i gotta hear about some dog attacking someone.

Donger
06-26-2006, 02:47 PM

P*ssy.

Nuke the inner cities from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
P*ssy.

Nuke the inner cities from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

ROFL

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:01 PM

It's not the dog or the breed of the dog, it's the OWNERS. The problem is that the number of problem owners in inner cities has gone up so dramatically, the only method left to fight it is to outlaw ownership altogether.

so this jackleg friend of my cousin has a sister to my bitch. i tell him im going to breed mine so i can have a pup, he says he will take one because his bitch has a level 3 heart murmur. OK i say,breed my bitch to a good male. call him up tell him im going to deliver his pup in a few weeks.

he tells me he went ahead and bred his bitch and doesnt want a pup now.

his bitch drops 10 ****ing pups, i ask him. are you just going to give them away. he says ;im gonna make some dough off them'.
im thinking yeah right.

so my cousin calls acouple weeks ago. i ask did dumbass get rid of all the pups?
no my cousin says HE STILL HAS ALL TEN AND THEYRE 12 WEEKS OLD.:shake:

come to find out now he is going to take them to an animal shelter.

So to me its no wonder the breed as a whole has gone to shit.
i mean all these stupid ****ing kids acting like the parody of what they see on Thug Life G-Unit Hardass Bitches and HOs Baller ASS Shoot Em up TV.
****ing stupid ass kids.

I will kill them all before its over.:cuss:

ROFL

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Its being considered in my area too.

In a relatively small town, there were 3 attacks in 1 day, attributed to different "pits"....1 was confirmed as 2 of them killed a small dog, litterally ripping its heart out in front of the owner. They were found with blood on them. Its caused quite an upset.

I'm not of the camp that thinks these larger breeds bite more often than other dogs....but they do alot more damage when they do.

I don't know about banning breeds, but I think permitting certain ones is at least worthwhile. I'd say "just make the owners financially and legally responsible" but so many dirtheads own pits, pit mixes, rotts and other large "tough guy" dogs, that don't begin to have enough cash to take that responsibility. Around here, it seems like mostly trailer park dirtheads and immigrants have the dogs.

I'm suprised Anyone with large breeds, including pits can get home insurance. I had a friend cancelled 2 years ago for having a very docile Rott.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm not of the camp that thinks these larger breeds bite more often than other dogs....but they do alot more damage when they do.

bite and shake vs. bite and release.

BucEyedPea
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Pitt bulls, coyotes...what's the difference! :shrug:

Cochise
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM

I don't buy into the idea at all that they are no more dangerous than some teeny little wuss dog. I don't buy that at all. I mean, cows don't naturally attack other animals in a carnivorous, predatory way but wolves do. That's because wolves are wired and function differently by nature. I don't think it's outlandish to think that pit bulls are wired differently than other dogs.

That doesn't mean I think they should be illegal. Even if you do, there's a whole legal snakepit there about what is and is not a pit and all that kind of stuff.

I think the penalties for having a dog that does something dangerous should be just as steep as if the owner did it himself. That seems like the best solution to me.

I'm all on board with the idea that you should punish the retard owners who can't control their animals or abuse them. But at some point, if enough little kids in a given area got their throats torn out, you'd have to do something.

JBucc
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
We don't have a lot of them around here but in other counties they have laws that all Pit Bulls have to be spayed or neutered. I guess there's a big fine if you have one that isn't. I'm not sure if that will help but at least they're trying something before outright banning them.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
so this jackleg friend of my cousin has a sister to my bitch. i tell him im going to breed mine so i can have a pup, he says he will take one because his bitch has a level 3 heart murmur. OK i say,breed my bitch to a good male. call him up tell him im going to deliver his pup in a few weeks.

he tells me he went ahead and bred his bitch and doesnt want a pup now.

his bitch drops 10 ****ing pups, i ask him. are you just going to give them away. he says ;im gonna make some dough off them'.
im thinking yeah right.

so my cousin calls acouple weeks ago. i ask did dumbass get rid of all the pups?
no my cousin says HE STILL HAS ALL TEN AND THEYRE 12 WEEKS OLD.:shake:

come to find out now he is going to take them to an animal shelter.

So to me its no wonder the breed as a whole has gone to shit.
i mean all these stupid ****ing kids acting like the parody of what they see on Thug Life G-Unit Hardass Bitches and HOs Baller ASS Shoot Em up TV.
****ing stupid ass kids.

I will kill them all before its over.:cuss:

ROFL

That's precisely it. Some people want to call it a black problem, but seeing as we don't have blacks here, it's really not that.

But yeah, we have a bunch of white trash kids with Tarheel hats and pants around their knees and all of them own pits. They're FIGHTING with them. Dog fighting is a big problem in the big cities and it's starting to come around in the small towns now too.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
ROFL Evidently dogs are not mans best friend. Really though if this is what the people want then aren't the politicos just doing what you would expect.

Like they do with gay marriage and legalizing cannabis right? No polititcians do whatever they want.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't buy into the idea at all that they are no more dangerous than some teeny little wuss dog. I don't buy that at all. I mean, cows don't naturally attack other animals in a carnivorous, predatory way but wolves do. That's because wolves are wired and function differently by nature. I don't think it's outlandish to think that pit bulls are wired differently than other dogs.

That doesn't mean I think they should be illegal. Even if you do, there's a whole legal snakepit there about what is and is not a pit and all that kind of stuff.

I think the penalties for having a dog that does something dangerous should be just as steep as if the owner did it himself. That seems like the best solution to me.

I'm all on board with the idea that you should punish the retard owners who can't control their animals or abuse them. But at some point, if enough little kids in a given area got their throats torn out, you'd have to do something.

Pit bulls are wired differently than some other breeds of dogs. It has to do with what function a dog was bred for genetically. A fox hound inherently hunts. A pit bull inherently will fight with other dogs.

Breeding CAN be overcome with good OWNERSHIP. I've been around all kinds of dogs in my life - we raised Plott hounds for 13 years. I've been around many, many pits, and the ones I've had problems with could be traced directly back to their owner.

However, I see where you're coming from. In order to get to those bad owners, it seems necessary to punish the good ones. It's a shame really, that DOGS are getting the blame for what people do. I wish we could find a better answer.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 03:12 PM
bite and shake vs. bite and release.

My Boston was bite and shake. I used to carry him around with a rope toy. He could literally hang there for an hour. He was only 14 pounds, but you wouldn't have wanted him biting you.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
That's precisely it. Some people want to call it a black problem, but seeing as we don't have blacks here, it's really not that.

But yeah, we have a bunch of white trash kids with Tarheel hats and pants around their knees and all of them own pits. They're FIGHTING with them. Dog fighting is a big problem in the big cities and it's starting to come around in the small towns now too.

cities,small towns youd be suprised.

bite and shake-

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=pitbull+fight&b=2&oid=a4132473c4c51ba4&rurl=www.geocities.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dpitbull%2Bfight&vback=Results

banyon
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Bad move. we just need to enforce the animal control laws already on the books. I'm with BD on this one (I think...)

Lonewolf Ed
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM

The only time a pit bull ever makes the news is when it attacks someone. The owner is definitely the problem. I have a rottweiler, and she is a great guard dog as well as a great companion and pet. Scared the hell out of the meter reader last week, too. She had him backed up into the bushes and would not let him out, howling and barking at him. So, I said to her, "He's okay," and she calmed down right away, picked up a golfball in her mouth and dropped it in front of him, wagging her stubby tail. She likes to chase golfballs, either thrown or hit with a club. The guy could not believe it. I told him to throw the ball, so he did, and my dog ran off to get it, happy as could be. My dog loves to play with little kids, too. Unless she savages someone, my dog will never be in the news. You'll never hear, "Tonight at 10, well-socialized rottweiler seen playing with children, only on channel 9!"

I knew little about rotts before I got mine (except for what I saw in the news...), and this is the best dog I have ever had. I only hope she is not the only rott I will ever be able to own.

BIG_DADDY
It's a shame really, that DOGS are getting the blame for what people do. I wish we could find a better answer.

The answer is to punish the deed and go after owners. If someone's dog attacks somebody they should have to face some stiff penalties. As it is now most of them don't face shit.

Iowanian
Sunday, My wife and I were riding bikes, pulling my 10 month old in her rickshaw. A jack russel type dog came out, a block away from where my wife and our dog(former) was mauled by a large mix.

That small dog had a shitty attitude and I dismounted to stomp it to hell, and was convinced I could easily protect my daughter.

I don't think I'd have felt the same with a Pit, mix or something similar, though we'd have found out.

You just don't see the stories of dead people small terriers and labs, or the hundreds or thousands of stitches as when I breed attacks.

jspchief
06-26-2006, 03:19 PM
The answer is to punish the deed and go after owners. If someone's dog attacks somebody they should have to face some stiff penalties. As it is now most of them don't face shit.I think that's wehre the "proactive, not reactive" aspect comes in.

Punishing the owner does nothing for the baby that just got mauled.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Sunday, My wife and I were riding bikes, pulling my 10 month old in her rickshaw. A jack russel type dog came out, a block away from where my wife and our dog(former) was mauled by a large mix.

That small dog had a shitty attitude and I dismounted to stomp it to hell, and was convinced I could easily protect my daughter.

I don't think I'd have felt the same with a Pit, mix or something similar, though we'd have found out.

You just don't see the stories of dead people small terriers and labs, or the hundreds or thousands of stitches as when I breed attacks.

So if you're king what would you propose? You back BSL? Remember there are 61 million dogs in this country and only an average of 16 people who die from dog attacks annually. It's not like it has reached epidemic levels but I do think something should be done about knucklehead owners.

BucEyedPea
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I won't visit anyone with rottweilers, dobermans, shepards and now I'll have to add pitt bulls.

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Scared the hell out of the meter reader last week, too. She had him backed up into the bushes and would not let him out, howling and barking at him. .

I think utility people and Mailmen should be carrying a .45 and make a canoe from the skull of any dog that does that to them.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I think that's wehre the "proactive, not reactive" aspect comes in.

Punishing the owner does nothing for the baby that just got mauled.

With that mentality you could take all guns from society too but that would just be plain ****ing stupid now wouldn't it?

I wonder out of all the BIG DOGS there are in this country how many assaults/muderers/burglaries/rapes/home invasions are stopped annually in this country because of them. I'll bet if we knew the real number it would be staggering.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:26 PM
I won't visit anyone with rottweilers, dobermans, shepards and now I'll have to add pitt bulls.

That sure is chickenshit. Maybe you should just seal yourself inside your house in a padded room.

MOhillbilly

You just don't see the stories of dead people small terriers and labs, or the hundreds or thousands of stitches as when I breed attacks.some things to consider.

your hands are always faster than a dogs mouth.

dogs see movement right in front of them very poorly.

if you try and kick a dog,he will bite you when your foot is at the top of its arc and on its way down.

if you absolutely cant avoid and attack,stand your ground,get a hold and break its neck/choke it out.

Lonewolf Ed
I think utility people and Mailmen should be carrying a .45 and make a canoe from the skull of any dog that does that to them.

She was not trying to bite him. She saw a stranger and let me know about it. All she did aside from make noise and raise her fur was to block him from getting out from behind the bushes. Do you think she still should be shot for that?

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure to be honest.

16 die from dog bites, How many people are mangled?

I'll take an initial stab at your question.

All Pit mixes should be shot on site. Ownership of the troubled breeds(or any dog for that matter) should require a simple course, to include training, treatment and Liability. Any person owner these breeds should have to prove $3-500K in liability Insurance.(too many shitbags with nothing to lose own them). If your dog mauls another dog or bites a human enough to break skin, they should cut its head off on site, test if for rabies, and in the case of the nastier breed, you risk Jail time if it maims or kills someone.

I do think I support licensing and proving Insurance for those dogs. Good owners should have no problem with that. Dirtbags and dogfighters.

So if you're king what would you propose? You back BSL? Remember there are 61 million dogs in this country and only an average of 16 people who die from dog attacks annually. It's not like it has reached epidemic levels but I do think something should be done about knucklehead owners.

jspchief
06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
With that mentality you could take all guns from society too but that would just be plain ****ing stupid now wouldn't it?
I think a more accurate analogy would be to ban the most dangerous guns, like maybe fully automatic weapons. Oh wait, they do that already.

Society has limits on what limitations it will and won't accept in the name of the pursuit of happiness. I like to drive fast, but concede that a speed limit is a good idea. I like to hunt, but realize some weapons are simply too dangerous. Dogs make great pets, but some breeds are known to be pretty nasty.

All it is is protecting humans from their own stupidity. Until we can prove that we don't need that protection, these laws will exist.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:30 PM

thats all well and dandy and shit. But if a mailman or meter person or anyone else came into my yard and shot my dog for doing her job. theyre gonna ****in die.

plain and simple.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:32 PM

All Pit mixes should be shot on site. Ownership of the troubled breeds(or any dog for that matter) should require a simple course, to include training, treatment and Liability. Any person owner these breeds should have to prove $3-500K in liability Insurance.(too many shitbags with nothing to lose own them). If your dog mauls another dog or bites a human enough to break skin, they should cut its head off on site, test if for rabies, and in the case of the nastier breed, you risk Jail time if it maims or kills someone.

I do think I support licensing and proving Insurance for those dogs. Good owners should have no problem with that. Dirtbags and dogfighters.

**** that my dog isnt a liability to anyone other than those who are where they arent supposed to be.

and combatdogs and gamebred dogs ARE NOT the problem.

for you to even think that shows ignorance.(did you learn that from the TV?)

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:36 PM

Problem is people who want to take them away want you to register them first. I will never register or license my dog because of that. I have no problem putting up a few bucks for insurance if it makes everyone feel a little more saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe. I also have no problem with my dog being put down and me facing criminal charges for what my dog does. I think the course thing is overkill but hey that's just me.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:38 PM
**** that my dog isnt a liability to anyone other than those who are where they arent supposed to be.

and combatdogs and gamebred dogs ARE NOT the problem.

for you to even think that shows ignorance.(did you learn that from the TV?)

Warning: Iowanian is a huge legisaltion / micro-management guy.

Mr. Laz
06-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought the mid west was supposed to be more conservative than the People's Republic of California. :shrug:
an.

it is ...... new conservatives are all about legislation

BucEyedPea
06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
thats all well and dandy and shit. But if a mailman or meter person or anyone else came into my yard and shot my dog for doing her job. theyre gonna ****in die.

plain and simple.

My dad was a mailman...did you know that the govt actually has had to resort to electric shock treatment to handle their fears on dogs after being bitten more than a few times. I say, if you don't want your dog shot, then those with troublesome dogs pick up thier own mail instead of frying the brains of someone doing you a service.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I think a more accurate analogy would be to ban the most dangerous guns, like maybe fully automatic weapons. Oh wait, they do that already.

Society has limits on what limitations it will and won't accept in the name of the pursuit of happiness. I like to drive fast, but concede that a speed limit is a good idea. I like to hunt, but realize some weapons are simply too dangerous. Dogs make great pets, but some breeds are known to be pretty nasty.

All it is is protecting humans from their own stupidity. Until we can prove that we don't need that protection, these laws will exist.

Laws that protect humans from themselves are just friggen lame.

People behind dog legislation want to ban many breeds. The way to deal with this is to not let it begin and impliment legislation that promotes personal responsibility. The direction your going will turn us into a bunch of Eurofags inside 20 years. Leave my friggen dog and gun alone.

Lonewolf Ed
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM

I thought it was all the Californians moving out here. :p

Donger
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
My dad was a mailman...did you know that the govt actually has had to resort to electric shock treatment to handle their fears on dogs after being bitten more than a few times. I say, if you don't want your dog shot, then those with troublesome dogs pick up thier own mail instead of frying the brains of someone doing you a service.

For the price of stamps, those lazy f*ckers should wash my car once a month in addition to delivering my mail to the wrong address.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:49 PM

you ever read Bukowski?

dogs are the least of a mailmans problem.

Jilly
06-26-2006, 03:51 PM
some dumb ass lady in Independence wants a ban on all dogs over 35lbs - wtf?

Dave Lane
06-26-2006, 03:52 PM

Here here!

Dave

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM

1. So what's your excuse?
2. Sounds worse than a dog bite.
3. Why didn't he bring any protection?
4. He got bit that much he should have enough money now from suing them to live the rest of his life on easy street with some cats.
5. I would more than happy to pick up all my own mail or have it sent to work.

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
ROFLam i the onlyone who finds a mailman gettin electroshock therapy funny?

think about it.ROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:57 PM

That's what's all about. I have been trying to say that for some time now. There were 22 different breeds banned in different areas of the country last time I checked.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:58 PM

I haven't got a chance to look into this yet. Who is this Jim Martino guy is he a conservative?

MOhillbilly
06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I haven't got a chance to look into this yet. Who is this Jim Martino guy is he a conservative?

FTR KC is full of leftwing nutjobs just like anyother city.

stupid hippies.

its down here that the conservatives rule.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 04:16 PM

stupid hippies.

I hate the whole liberal wuss bag thing. As I get older now I find I have less and less tolerance for it which isn't a good thing in my case. I don't need to be rollin hippies at my age. ROFL I'll tell you this though. I will always own the breed and there is nothing they can do about it.

chiefs4me
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM

Are you serious??? Pits are the same as any other dog, it's all in the way you raise them.....

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Are you serious??? Pits are the same as any other dog, it's all in the way you raise them.....

They probably don't want any chickenshits visiting anyway.

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Warning: Iowanian is a huge legisaltion / micro-management guy.

Warning: Not true.

I'm not against your right to own the breed. I'm against a dirtbag with no liability or way to pay for a mauling, owning them. You can own them in my view, but you are responsible for the actions of your dog.

The owner can't Un-maul a kid.

Lets have some fun with Pictures. Be sure to read and scroll to bottom.
http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic107.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=Pit%20bull%20attacks&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=iw

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-attacks-deadly.html

I'm sure a child, or the parent of a child who have been mauled or killed feel the pain of agressive breed owners.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Warning: Not true.

I'm not against your right to own the breed. I'm against a dirtbag with no liability or way to pay for a mauling, owning them. You can own them in my view, but you are responsible for the actions of your dog.

The owner can't Un-maul a kid.

Lets have some fun with Pictures. Be sure to read and scroll to bottom.
http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic107.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=Pit%20bull%20attacks&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=iw

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-attacks-deadly.html

I'm sure a child, or the parent of a child who have been mauled or killed feel the pain of agressive breed owners.

I am sure they do. Unfortunately we live in a world where we are mortal and things happen. You are twice as likely to die from from being struck by lightning as you are from a dog, it is not a crisis. BTW, the WebMD estimate at 5 million dog bites a year is way off the scale. We have been posting stats on this subject for a long time now and the highest estimate to date was 300k so I have no idea where they are getting that number from. Real dogs are a huge detterent for crime too. I wonder how many people didn't have to experience a mauling/murder/assault/ robbery/ home invasion because they had a real dog. Do me a favor some time and turn on Court TV and ask yourself how many of these crimes never would have happened had they owned a real dog.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 05:08 PM

BTW if you own or have the desire to own any of these breeds you are in real trouble if BSL keeps getting passed. All these dogs are being targeted. If you care DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Are you the owner of one of these breeds?

*American Pit Bull Terrier
*American Staffordshire Terrier
*Staffordshire Bull Terrier
*Rottweiler
*Bull Mastiff
*Doberman Pinscher
*St. Bernard
*Dogo Argentino
*German Shephard
*Akita
*Chow Chow
*Boxer
*Rhodesian Ridgeback
*Dogue de Bordeaux
*Husky
*Wolf Hybrid
*Great Pyrenees

bogie
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
BD,
IMO, starting these threads which usually are connected to a news story of another PB mauling seems to go against your cause. Why don't you post some threads with facts pertaining to something good connected to a PB. Maybe the breed would get more sympathy. Unfortunately, it seems the only news about PB's is bad news. FTR, I don't trust the breed because I don't trust the majority of the PB owners I see. Until they can figure out a away to regulate PB owners (like they do gun owners), I'm okay that they go after the breed.

chiefs4me
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
They probably don't want any chickenshits visiting anyway.

I don't care if they visit or not...but the day someone tells me what kind of dog I can have is the day I move to another town, city, or state...

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 05:16 PM
BD,
IMO, starting these threads which usually are connected to a news story of another PB mauling seems to go against your cause. Why don't you post some threads with facts pertaining to something good connected to a PB. Maybe the breed would get more sympathy. Unfortunately, it seems the only news about PB's is bad news. FTR, I don't trust the breed because I don't trust the majority of the PB owners I see. Until they can figure out a away to regulate PB owners (like they do gun owners), I'm okay that they go after the breed.

I only post it when it is in their area and can effect BB members. They will go after many breeds including boxers and many people here own boxers.

Whatever you are entitled to your own opinion. I would like to see you come and try to take mine though. I am a tax paying citizen who has never had a dog hurt anyone yet you have no problem with them coming in my house and killing my dog. I have a very real issue with that. If your such a tough guy maybe you should sign up to go into peoples house and grab their innocent family pet and kill to the whaling of their kids.

chiefs4me
06-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I only post it when it is in their area and can effect BB members. They will go after many breeds including boxers and many people here own boxers.

Whatever you are entitled to your own opinion. I would like to see you come and try to take mine though. I am a tax paying citizen who has never had a dog hurt anyone yet you have no problem with them coming in my house and killing my dog. I have a very real issue with that. If your such a tough guy maybe you should sign up to go into peoples house and grab their innocent family pet and kill to the whaling of their kids.

I admit some dogs are just born mean, like some people are, but it's really all in the way you raise them, my husband has always had pits, until his passed away of old age, and I have always owned a chow......we have also raised/are raising 5 sons and could not of asked for better watchdogs...:thumb:

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I admit some dogs are just born mean, like some people are, but it's really all in the way you raise them, my husband has always had pits, until his passed away of old age, and I have always owned a chow......we have also raised/are raising 5 sons and could not of asked for better watchdogs...:thumb:

I only plan to live around weird people for another 3 years. Hell I may move to the mountains here is just a couple months. They are going to have a hard time passing BSL here any time soon. I will always own the breed anyway. When law enforcement starts to micro-manage society society starts losing respect for it. I'm already there.

jspchief
06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Laws that protect humans from themselves are just friggen lame.

People behind dog legislation want to ban many breeds. The way to deal with this is to not let it begin and impliment legislation that promotes personal responsibility. The direction your going will turn us into a bunch of EuroRump Rangers inside 20 years. Leave my friggen dog and gun alone.

See, where we differ is that I don't buy into the "slippery slope" concept. Not here, and not in law making in general.

It's not like voters/constituents are blindly duped into passing a bunch of excessive laws simply because in the past a reasonable law on the same issue passed. Again, things like gun laws are the perfect example. The nut jobs may still want to get to more of our guns, but the politicians can recognize the difference between extremists and the average joe, and he recognizes that the average joe isn't going to give up his pheasant gun or revolver.

So while I believe there are people that would target more dogs beyond pits, I also believe that law-makers recognize that they're too fringe to be taken seriously. People will put their foot down when it comes to their Labs and retrievers.

BucEyedPea
06-26-2006, 05:37 PM
1. So what's your excuse?
2. Sounds worse than a dog bite.
3. Why didn't he bring any protection?
4. He got bit that much he should have enough money now from suing them to live the rest of his life on easy street with some cats.
5. I would more than happy to pick up all my own mail or have it sent to work.

My dad didn't get electroshocked for that. I just know of it through him.

Don't know what you mean by "my excuse?"

Protection? They had training on how to deal with certain dogs that were troublesome.

I agree es is much worse than a dog bit...I believe they did this after a mailman was bitten several times he was too traumatized to do his job. Typical govt solution. I woulda' just quit.

bogie
06-26-2006, 05:39 PM

I don't like the idea of banning a breed any more than you. Unfortunately, the breed can't speak for itself. It seems there may be more successful ways to protect the breed rather than posting mauling reports. If you had as much passion about coming up with solutions (like regulating owners) and lobbying for those regulations maybe you would have more success. Statements like "I would like to see you come and try to take mine though." Just seems like Charlton Heston dumbassery to me and serve no real purpose. Easier said than done I know.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Some day it will be illegal to own a dog.

All dictatorships start somewhere. Generally, they're trying to "protect" the people.

Frazod
06-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Some day it will be illegal to own a dog.

All dictatorships start somewhere. Generally, they're trying to "protect" the people.

They started with cigarettes. Dogs are round two. Perhaps, emboldened by their success, they'll make a fresh push for our guns in round three.

Big smile.... :shake:

kcirnamffoh
06-26-2006, 08:25 PM
some things to consider.

your hands are always faster than a dogs mouth.

yeah but those canines can hurt if your fist happens to run into them.

dogs see movement right in front of them very poorly.

Do dogs detect fear? Actually I think they see something in your eyes and/or body language that confuses them. They don't know how to predict you and that scares them. Some dogs will attack when they're scared.

if you try and kick a dog,he will bite you when your foot is at the top of its arc and on its way down.

if your trying to say never try to kick a dog, good idea, cause if you lose your feet its over. you're going to get ripped.

if you absolutely cant avoid and attack,stand your ground,get a hold and break its neck/choke it out.

believe it or not, standing and keeping your back turned to the dog will keep them from attacking. For some reason they do not attack from behind. I've never tried it but I've seen it demonstrated. Jumping up and down while screaming and hollering can wort off some dogs.

Also if there was something you can wrap around your forearm, hold it out and let the dog grab ahold. You then commence to beat the dogs head with your fist. It won't grab ahold like that again.

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
believe it or not, standing and keeping your back turned to the dog will keep them from attacking. For some reason they do not attack from behind. I've never tried it but I've seen it demonstrated. .

I think the smell I detect is Bullshit. I've been bitten on the back of the leg twice, by a blue healer and a chow. I don't think turning away would be viewed that much different by their "hunt" instinct than running away.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Whoa. What a thread. Big Daddy, could you please PM me a waiver to your life's story, because I think this could be a HUGE "Movie of the Week" and if all goes "well", maybe even a feature!

Let's see, in the past week or so, we've got BD admitting to being a "Lesbian trapped in a Man's body", his significant other being Bi-Sexual, crazy ass Pit Bulls and how they should be a "free" species and NOW, you're going to run off to maybe live in the mountains? EMMY GOLD. Now THAT's entertainment!

BTW, I'm just joking and hope that you don't "sic" your bisexual pit bull on me. I'm sure neither of us (me or the dog) would know what to do. ROFL

Donger
06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
believe it or not, standing and keeping your back turned to the dog will keep them from attacking. For some reason they do not attack from behind. I've never tried it but I've seen it demonstrated. Jumping up and down while screaming and hollering can wort off some dogs.

Uh, no. Actually, that's a really bad idea, especially if the dog is acting extremely aggressively; it can be viewed as submissive.

I know this, because I did the same thing when I was about 10, and I have the puncture marks in my back to prove it.

greg63
06-27-2006, 12:11 AM
KC to consider ban.

I'm partial to Old Spice deodorant myself.

KS Smitty
06-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Ahhhhh, dogs....a subject that gets discussed with a regular frequency.

Mr. Smitty has been cursed with "Bad Dog Karma", an affliction that affects many people but really hasn't been researched much. He has owned dogs, loved and trained them but in latter years has had nothing but trouble from them. He is the tire service for the local farmers cooperative, which finds him going out to private residences out in the countryside with no security other than the dog(s). In most cases the dog(s) come out and raise hell (as all good farm dogs are supposed to do) but in some cases they will not let him out of the truck to do his job or will come upon him out in the field and run him back to the truck (if he has gotten out of it). If Farmer Brown isn't there to call off Jimbo or Black Betty or whatever they chose to call the dog, then he has only one choice, do I attempt to change that combine/tractor/loader tire so they can get the harvest in before [whatever] and risk the dog bite that ensues or do I just drive off? Farmer Jones can come out and say that dog won't bite anybody but I guaren-damn-tee you that dog will go after Mr.Smitty.

That being said, I agree with Iowanian on his comments, if a dog prevents a meter reader or any other person from fulfilling their job description the dog is a menace. In Lonewof Ed's example that dog should have been taken out, sorry MO Hillbilly and BD, but it was preventing and threatening the meter reader from doing what he was supposed to be doing. Ed may have known the dog was harmless but how the hell is anyone else supposed to? And what if Ed hadn't been there at the time? Would the dog kept that meter reader trapped in the bushes for god knows how long? Of if the meter reader had been armed with pepper spray what would that have bode for the next dude to read the meter? I have no answers but I most certainly see both sides of the fence.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
BD,

Well the only news about guns coming from the media is bad news too. Following that concept we shouldn't have them either

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
yeah but those canines can hurt if your fist happens to run into them.
Do dogs detect fear? Actually I think they see something in your eyes and/or body language that confuses them. They don't know how to predict you and that scares them. Some dogs will attack when they're scared.
if your trying to say never try to kick a dog, good idea, cause if you lose your feet its over. you're going to get ripped.
Also if there was something you can wrap around your forearm, hold it out and let the dog grab ahold. You then commence to beat the dogs head with your fist. It won't grab ahold like that again.

thats the worst advice ever. dogs detect fear through body language, if you show body movement of being punked and they are in a fear or aggresive posture youre done.
if you turn and run it triggers the prey flight mechanism and you are done.
you would be better off to carry a piece of paper and hold it infront of the dogs face. Dogs cant see in 2-D and the paper will confuse it.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
See, where we differ is that I don't buy into the "slippery slope" concept. Not here, and not in law making in general.

It's not like voters/constituents are blindly duped into passing a bunch of excessive laws simply because in the past a reasonable law on the same issue passed. Again, things like gun laws are the perfect example. The nut jobs may still want to get to more of our guns, but the politicians can recognize the difference between extremists and the average joe, and he recognizes that the average joe isn't going to give up his pheasant gun or revolver.

So while I believe there are people that would target more dogs beyond pits, I also believe that law-makers recognize that they're too fringe to be taken seriously. People will put their foot down when it comes to their Labs and retrievers.

Then you must not be a big fan of history either. I know you think Americans are going to be different than every other country that started going after guns and I might even agree with you if it wasn't for a couple things.

1. The power of the media.
2. The fact that fear sells so easily.

Since you are referring to guns lets use that as an example. How much gun legislation have we got back? Better yet show me any modern culture that has implemented more gun laws and then changed their mind. The people going after our guns are not even warmed up yet and additional legislation continues to get passed even with all the conservatives in office now. You say that the average Joe isn't going to give up his revolver but we have already seen multiple cities passing legislation banning the ownership of handguns in their city. What do you think these same people are going to do when our economy eventually takes a giant dive into the shitter? There are 235 million guns in this country and you will see how well our gun laws work when that happens. Violent crime will skyrocket and media will right on top of it broadcasting their campaign of fear. They will try to outlaw all gun ownership and at the very least will be very successful at getting much more prohibitive laws passed. Problem is the only people that will obey their stupid laws are law abiding citizens. To get their laws passed they will use examples like you do referring to the mauling of little Betty Sue. People like you empower people like this in that you buy into their madness and you help get the ball rolling for them. Americans may be different in the sense that we are a new country but political history, human history and the human condition don't change. If you follow any of it you already know you should be very concerned about your right to own a firearm.

bogie
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Well the only news about guns coming from the media is bad news too. Following that concept we shouldn't have them either

There are numerous shows on TV that celebrate hunting and teaching your kids to appreciate firearms. There are numerous sporting events that involve firearms. You have a passion for this subject. Focus on spreading positive news about PB's. When I first joined Chiefsplanet, you seemed to have more support on this subject from posters. Now, every PB thread you start seems to be attached to an article about another mauling. JMO, but you seem to be losing support, even in this little corner of the world. That's all I'm saying.

Jilly
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm partial to Old Spice deodorant myself.

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
There are numerous shows on TV that celebrate hunting and teaching your kids to appreciate firearms. There are numerous sporting events that involve firearms. You have a passion for this subject. Focus on spreading positive news about PB's. When I first joined Chiefsplanet, you seemed to have more support on this subject from posters. Now, every PB thread you start seems to be attached to an article about another mauling. JMO, but you seem to be losing support, even in this little corner of the world. That's all I'm saying.

I usually post when it effects people on the BB like this legislation does.

The APBT is awesome. It's by far the most affectionate animal I have been around. My dogs nickname is velcro because he wants to be next to you 24/7. They are also the most loyal and courageous animal you will ever own not to mention being the best all around athlete by far.

AS far as TV goes they don't cover weight pulling competitions or wild boar hunting with dogs or you would see them. I did see them on an agility contest though. All of this pales in comparison to the bad press promoted by news. Same with guns. When was the last time you saw some coverage on the news about someone protecting themself with a gun or any dog stopping an intruder? They are never going to cover that even though there opportunities to do so daily.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I usually post when it effects people on the BB like this legislation does.

The APBT is awesome. It's by far the most affectionate animal I have been around. My dogs nickname is velcro because he wants to be next to you 24/7. They are also the most loyal and courageous animal you will ever own not to mention being the best all around athlete by far.

i think alot of the pro pitbull anti BSL crowd on CP,has said there 2c so many times they dont feel the need to repeat themselves.
while many of the anti pitbull pro bsl crowd likes to debate w/ you BD, and/or get a rise out of you.

DJ's left nut
06-27-2006, 11:29 AM
There are way too many great dogs out there that are not genetically hard wired to hand someone their ass for me to get all weepy when they outlaw Pits.

With a Rott or a Doberman, it's the owner. With a Pit, it's the dog. Hundreds of years of selective breeding have turned the breed into, essentially, wild animals. True, it can be trained out of them, with a lot of training. Most people don't know enough about how to deal with one to actually train it, so why tempt fate? Get a dog that you don't have to train a killer instinct out of and all is well.

If we ever run into a shortage of dogs, then I'll worry that we've made a mistake in running off the dog most responsible for killing people and other dogs. Until then, I'll just suggest that people that want a Pit for the 'street' value probably don't need a dog anyway, and those that want a protector, get a Rott.

Cochise
06-27-2006, 11:36 AM

stupid hippies.

I think that as a whole, and compared to the other major cities in the US, it's on the conservative side. I think the suburbs are even generally conservative. Not totally, but generally.

It's within the city proper where you find the lefty kooks. At least, the lefty kooks who are in power anyways.

They do such a good job with the KCMO school district, I guess we should let them run everything!

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 11:53 AM

There are way too many great dogs out there that are not genetically hard wired to hand someone their ass for me to get all weepy when they outlaw Pits.

With a Rott or a Doberman, it's the owner. With a Pit, it's the dog. Hundreds of years of selective breeding have turned the breed into, essentially, wild animals. True, it can be trained out of them, with a lot of training. Most people don't know enough about how to deal with one to actually train it, so why tempt fate? Get a dog that you don't have to train a killer instinct out of and all is well.

If we ever run into a shortage of dogs, then I'll worry that we've made a mistake in running off the dog most responsible for killing people and other dogs. Until then, I'll just suggest that people that want a Pit for the 'street' value probably don't need a dog anyway, and those that want a protector, get a Rott.

Which just goes to show that some of the worst information you will ever get is available right here at the planet.

BucEyedPea
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM

I think a hamster is more loyal and affectionate.
There's nothing you can't do with one that you can't do with a dog!

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/9896/hammymontage15vr.jpg

On second thought a warm, fuzzy dog is great and you can even dye the white ones pink with food coloring or use spot colors on. Sorry couldn't find the shot where I added a unicorn to her head that day for a Unicorn B'day party. So don't get mad.

http://img250.echo.cx/img250/5618/psychedelicdog7vf.jpg

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
haha a hamster on a leash. thats fantastic. did the little critter take right to it or was it work?

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 12:20 PM
I think a hamster is more loyal and affectionate.
There's nothing you can't do with one that you can't do with a dog!

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/9896/hammymontage15vr.jpg

On second thought a warm, fuzzy dog is great and you can even dye the white ones pink with food coloring or use spot colors on. Sorry couldn't find the shot where I added a unicorn to her head that day for a Unicorn B'day party. So don't get mad.

http://img250.echo.cx/img250/5618/psychedelicdog7vf.jpg

That's some great lookin snake food you got there.

BucEyedPea
06-27-2006, 12:24 PM
:( :deevee:

I'll have'ta stay away from you! :harumph:

ROFL

DJ's left nut
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Which just goes to show that some of the worst information you will ever get is available right here at the planet.

That'd be conclusory there Tex, let's hear you support it.

Fact: Pit Bulls are responsible for more fatalities than any other dog over the last 30 or so years (take a peek at JJ Sacks study on breed specific fatalities if you feel so inclined, or the CDC's latest morbidity and mortality reports or even Erin McCormick's pro pit bull article that still chalked up 45 of the 145 dog bite fatalities since 1999 to Pits).

Fact: Pit Bulls have been bread for hundreds of years to fight.

Fact: 1000s of dogs are put to sleep every day that are not pit bulls.

And many of these dogs are every bit as loyal (any labrador), as courageous (I've seen a pomeranian try to stand down against a St. Bernarnd) and as athletic (a Boxer or even a border collie would have a great shot at your 'all around athlete' title, unless you factor jaw strength...gotta have that to crush a larynx you know) as a Pit. And none of them were bred killers.

But hey, just keep with your anecdotal evidence, it seems to have won you worlds of support.

If you can make one single solid argument that the merits of Pit Bulls so far outweigh similar merits of other dogs that do not have such a dangerous predisposition that they're worth keeping around, I'll listen. Until then, save it.

eazyb81
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow, where to start.

Fact: Pit Bulls are responsible for more fatalities than any other dog over the last 30 or so years (take a peek at JJ Sacks study on breed specific fatalities if you feel so inclined, or the CDC's latest morbidity and mortality reports or even Erin McCormick's pro pit bull article that still chalked up 45 of the 145 dog bite fatalities since 1999 to Pits).

As has been stated NUMEROUS times, many dogs are mis-labeled as pit bulls when in fact they aren't. Thus, true APBTs are are credited for many more attacks than they are actually responsible for. It's too bad there isn't a DNA test to distinguish breeds.

And many of these dogs are every bit as loyal (any labrador), as courageous (I've seen a pomeranian try to stand down against a St. Bernarnd) and as athletic (a Boxer or even a border collie would have a great shot at your 'all around athlete' title, unless you factor jaw strength...gotta have that to crush a larynx you know) as a Pit. And none of them were bred killers.

LOL, comparing a collie's athleticism to an APBT's is a bit comical, no offense to collie owners. I seriously question how much first hand experience you have with APBTs when you make an off the wall comment like that.

APBTs are in a class by themselves in terms of combined speed, strength, jumping ability.....I don't think we even need to bring up gameness.

Pretty weak attempt overall, you really showed your ignorance with that post.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 01:03 PM

But hey, just keep with your anecdotal evidence, it seems to have won you worlds of support.

If you can make one single solid argument that the merits of Pit Bulls so far outweigh similar merits of other dogs that do not have such a dangerous predisposition that they're worth keeping around, I'll listen. Until then, save it.

i like how you mix fact w/ make believe.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL, comparing a collie's athleticism to an APBT's is a bit comical, no offense to collie owners. I seriously question how much first hand experience you have with APBTs when you make an off the wall comment like that.

APBTs are in a class by themselves in terms of combined speed, strength, jumping ability.....I don't think we even need to bring up gameness.
I'm not claiming you're wrong, I'm certainly ignorant on this subject.

But if what you say is true, why does it seem there are never pitbulls in any athleticism based dog competitions? Are they just too hard to train?

And I would have guessed the border collie was probably the most athletic breed, but again maybe that stems from trainability.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 01:11 PM

But if what you say is true, why does it seem there are never pitbulls in any athleticism based dog competitions? Are they just too hard to train?

And I would have guessed the border collie was probably the most athletic breed, but again maybe that stems from trainability.

they excel in shutzland and the french ring.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 01:14 PM

Most of the events you see on TV are AKC sponsored. The APBT is not AKC recognized currently, only by the UKC and ADBA.

The AKC split "pit bulls" into American Pit Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers. They recognize the AST.

KingPriest2
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142317

KingPriest2
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142336

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Alright who is recruiting these special ed students to ChiefsPlanet?

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Alright who is recruiting these special ed students to ChiefsPlanet?

its DJ from Roseane, not DJ from the Chiefs.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM

They are in weight pulling contests all the time. Some are allowed in agility contests and they do very well. I can also put my dog on a leash and ride my bike for well over 2 hours and he won't wind. For all out speed I already told you about mine catching the Whippet. Inside a 100 yards they are lightning. They can also jump like you wouldn't believe and some even climb trees. They are far and away the best athlete in the canine world has to offer us. Some of the best can fight for hours. Think about that one for a second especially when shit head DJ the dog expert here wants to hand the gameness crown to pomeranians.

They are an awesome dog you should get one. :)

bogie
06-27-2006, 02:36 PM
They are in weight pulling contests all the time. Some are allowed in agility contests and they do very well. I can also put my dog on a leash and ride my bike for well over 2 hours and he won't wind. For all out speed I already told you about mine catching the Whippet. Inside a 100 yards they are lightning. They can also jump like you wouldn't believe and some even climb trees. They are far and away the best athlete in the canine world has to offer us. Some of the best can fight for hours. Think about that one for a second especially when shit head DJ the dog expert here wants to hand the gameness crown to pomeranians.

They are an awesome dog you should get one. :)

You should stop using PB's are great fighters in your examples as why PB's are great dogs. It really, really works against convincing society that PB's make great pets.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
You should stop using PB's are great fighters in your examples as why PB's are great dogs. It really, really works against convincing society that PB's make great pets.

It was only in response to DJ the dog experts pomeranian gameness post. I don't care what anybody says I don't want a coward for a dog. We had a local guy maimed last year by a mountain lion and his lab high tailed it out of there leaving him to fend for himself. Not a trait I am looking for in my dog.

You were asking about positive pit bull news here is a bunch.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pospress.html

Brock
06-27-2006, 02:46 PM
It was only in response to DJ the dog experts pomeranian gameness post. I don't care what anybody says I don't want a coward for a dog. We had a local guy maimed last year by a mountain lion and his lab high tailed it out of there leaving him to fend for himself. Not a trait I am looking for in my dog.

And your dog is going to take on a mountain lion?

BucEyedPea
06-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Our Hammy II strikes the fear of God into the coyotes around here. :)

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM

Game stock usually isn't going to back down from another animal. There is a difference between human and animal agression BTW. He would most likely get his ass killed but at least he wouldn't high tail it out of there and may buy you some time.

Brock
06-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Game stock usually isn't going to back down from another animal. There is a difference between human and animal agression BTW. He would most likely get his ass killed but at least he wouldn't high tail it out of there and may buy you some time.

I'd rather just shoot the mountain lion than bet on what my dog is going to do.

bogie
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM

I understand. I'm just saying that if you want to fight the fight... It's like saying to the gun haters owning a 44 mag is great because it will blow a mans head clean off.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM

Amen brother. All the state parks here have no gun laws and the great majority have no dog laws as well. The enviromentalist/liberal/hippy types here are more concerned about gun/dog laws and protecting wild animals than they are about people. I think you will find that pretty standard issue in PETA or the HSUS. They hate people in general.

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2006, 03:02 PM

I'm sure that most people feel that way but it's against the law to kill a mountain lion within city limits. You'd go to jail for that, unless you could prove without a doubt that the mountain lion was trying to harm you. It's ridiculous. And I have coyotes running around (which are illegal to kill) and there are mountain lion sightings in my neighborhood at least 4 times a year. You'd think the people would be important than the wildlife.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM

A Plott hound would - sure, he'd lose, but he'd make sure I could get away safe. I watched 3 Plott's take down a black bear once. We sold them all over the country.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I understand. I'm just saying that if you want to fight the fight... It's like saying to the gun haters owning a 44 mag is great because it will blow a mans head clean off.

You will never take a gun hater and turn him into a gun rights advocate. Same rule applies here. It's the people in the middle that can make a good decision if they just have all the facts and some exposure I am concentrating on. BTW I have changed countless people on this issue locally but that mainly happens from exposing them to the breed. You can talk until you are blue in the face but until they meet some quality APBT's and find out how nice the dogs really are it's very hard. My buddies female and his 5 year old daughter convert everyone that has ever been to their house. She sleeps on the bed and watches over her big time in spite of how a 5 year old treats dogs sometimes. I think you would be amazed. If your ever in the neighborhood I'll take you over there and you can meet mine as well which is an unfixed male. Many BB members here have met him. Both are from some very game stock.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm sure that most people feel that way but it's against the law to kill a mountain lion within city limits. You'd go to jail for that, unless you could prove without a doubt that the mountain lion was trying to harm you. It's ridiculous. And I have coyotes running around (which are illegal to kill) and there are mountain lion sightings in my neighborhood at least 4 times a year. You'd think the people would be important than the wildlife.

Good Lord. I can't imagine what it would be like if killing coyotes here was illegal.

Shit, the way it is, they carry off farm cats and the like.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:16 PM
ive seen video on the www of plott hound hunting wild boar. theyre crazt tough.

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Good Lord. I can't imagine what it would be like if killing coyotes here was illegal.

Shit, the way it is, they carry off farm cats and the like.

I've got two yellow labs that are constantly barking and running off the coyotes every night. Fortunately, there's no way for the coyotes to get on my property but we hear them every night, especially when they've made a kill.

I've called the Wildlife and Gaming commission about the coyotes and the mountain lions and have been told not to harm them in any way unless they are a threat to me or family. The only problem with that is how do you determine if they're threat? Wait until they attack?

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Shit, the way it is, they carry off farm cats and the like.It is, in city limits.

I can only wonder about the legality outside city limts/state parks in CA.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I've got two yellow labs that are constantly barking and running off the coyotes every night. Fortunately, there's no way for the coyotes to get on my property but we hear them every night, especially when they've made a kill.

I've called the Wildlife and Gaming commission about the coyotes and the mountain lions and have been told not to harm them in any way unless they are a threat to me or family. The only problem with that is how do you determine if they're threat? Wait until they attack?Heh, I think you're probably safe from coyote attacks.

Moooo
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
SO why do people get pit bulls knowing their short fuse, and how society is doing this stuff.

Its dogscrimination, I tell ya! I think all dogs should be registered, and people who have had an instance of a dog who has attacked someone in the past should have to carry insurance, even if it isn't the same dog (cause the problem is in the trainer moreso than the dog).

Moooo

Moooo
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I've called the Wildlife and Gaming commission about the coyotes and the mountain lions and have been told not to harm them in any way unless they are a threat to me or family. The only problem with that is how do you determine if they're threat? Wait until they attack?

Just make sure when they find the cougar carcass that its not obvious you're the one who shot it... LOL JK (or am i)

Moooo

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
ive seen video on the www of plott hound hunting wild boar. theyre crazt tough.

Depending on where we were selling them at, they could be used for hunting boar, bear, or mountain lion. We used the to hunt racoon. In fact, we used to go to a big UKC show/hunt in Butler, MO every year when I was a kid.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:23 PM

We have some insane off the scale liberal legislation here. It's crazy that they expect people to go in the mountains defenseless knowing there are moutain lions up there and people get attacked every year. The last time I asked a ranger why they didn't want dogs in the mountains he said because people don't pick up their poop. Heaven forbid a dog poop in the mountains.

You guys just got the mandatory spray nueter law down there didn't you?

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Nevermind that you're probably more likely to be attacked and or killed by a pitbull in the US than a mountain lion.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:24 PM
It is, in city limits.

I can only wonder about the legality outside city limts/state parks in CA.

Are you sure? Discharging a firearm is illegal...

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Depending on where we were selling them at, they could be used for hunting boar, bear, or mountain lion. We used the to hunt racoon. In fact, we used to go to a big UKC show/hunt in Butler, MO every year when I was a kid.
i believe there are some plotts in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCYh2nkSd8&search=boar%20dog

edit-definately acouple bulldogs.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Are you sure? Discharging a firearm is illegal...true.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Nevermind that you're probably more likely to be attacked and or killed by a pitbull in the US than a mountain lion.

Why do you insist on being a jackass?

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Why do you insist on being a jackass?

its what the majority of Planeteers do best.

BucEyedPea
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Believe it or not in west central Florida along the coast we have packs of coyotes running around, even in the daytime in the neighborhood. There was even one up in Sandwich Mass than took a 3 year kid off a swing, but the Mom came out and beat it off with a broom. I've heard they've even found packs of them in NYC!!

My fence rotted in one area, and I heard s/g one night get at my bunny cage...and it knocked one of the smaller cages off the shelves and the lid came off and I could hear the bunny help. One was even on my lanai by the pool just the other night. WTF? Coyotes in suburban Florida....I couldn't believe it. Our animal patrol has to be the ones to trap it.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Why do you insist on being a jackass?Am I wrong? I honestly don't think I am, but I'm leery of the ability to find accurate pitbull numbers.

I just find it ironic that this thread took the path of mountain lion attacks, considering how the numbers likely hash out.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
its what the majority of Planeteers do best.

Never mind the fact that there are over 61 million dogs in this country and you more than twice as likely to die from being struck by lightning. Never mind that over 300 people a year die from drowning in their bathtub. Next thing you know jsp will be for banning bathtubs. He never responded to my post using his example of firearms either.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
i believe there are some plotts in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUCYh2nkSd8&search=boar%20dog

edit-definately acouple bulldogs.

The very first dog in the video looks like it might be a brindle Plott.

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
We have some insane off the scale liberal legislation here. It's crazy that they expect people to go in the mountains defenseless knowing there are moutain lions up there and people get attacked every year. The last time I asked a ranger why they didn't want dogs in the mountains he said because people don't pick up their poop. Heaven forbid a dog poop in the mountains.

You guys just got the mandatory spray nueter law down there didn't you?

Yeah, I think so. But I spayed both my females because there's no way I could even think of taking care of a litter. Too much responsibility. It was kind of tough though because I felt like I was taking something from them and labs are such kind, gentle poochies.

When I tell out of staters that there are coyote, deer and mountain lions just 2 minutes (by car) from Hollywood & Vine, they think I'm pulling their leg. But I've been almost run over by a 10 point buck when taking out my trash. But again, you can't do anything because we're in the city.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Never mind the fact that there are over 61 million dogs in this country and you more than twice as likely to die from being struck by lightning. Never mind that over 300 people a year die from drowning in their bathtub. Next thing you know jsp will be for banning bathtubs. He never responded to my post using his example of firearms either.

im more worried of people than i am of a dog. esp. nonwhites and white trash.

we should legislate them. im more likely to get raped of murdered by those types because theyve been bred for a life of crime.
Sure in the right hands they can be trained, but why take a chance.

just kill them all so we dont have to worry about it.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I think so. But I spayed both my females because there's no way I could even think of taking care of a litter. Too much responsibility. It was kind of tough though because I felt like I was taking something from them and labs are such kind, gentle poochies.

When I tell out of staters that there are coyote, deer and mountain lions just 2 minutes (by car) from Hollywood & Vine, they think I'm pulling their leg. But I've been almost run over by a 10 point buck when taking out my trash. But again, you can't do anything because we're in the city.

There are deer all over the place where I am at. Saw 3 last night on the way home.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Never mind the fact that there are over 61 million dogs in this country and you more than twice as likely to die from being struck by lightning. Never mind that over 300 people a year die from drowning in their bathtub. Next thing you know jsp will be for banning bathtubs. He never responded to my post using his example of firearms either.Heh, aren't you the one that brought up needing a pitbull to protect you from the horrible man-eating mountain lion?

What is the likelihood of needing any dog to protect you from a mountain lion?

It would be more accurate for me to claim I needed a mountain lion to protect me from pitbulls.

58-4ever
06-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Believe it or not in west central Florida along the coast we have packs of coyotes running around, even in the daytime in the neighborhood. There was even one up in Sandwich Mass than took a 3 year kid off a swing, but the Mom came out and beat it off with a broom. I've heard they've even found packs of them in NYC!!

My fence rotted in one area, and I heard s/g one night get at my bunny cage...and it knocked one of the smaller cages off the shelves and the lid came off and I could hear the bunny help. One was even on my lanai by the pool just the other night. WTF? Coyotes in suburban Florida....I couldn't believe it. Our animal patrol has to be the ones to trap it.

This is why you should get a pit bull. To scare away the coyotes.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:41 PM
The very first dog in the video looks like it might be a brindle Plott.

Cool video. What do Plott's go for?

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
probably 100 for dogs on the feedstore tackboard, to the skys the limit for Night Champions and similar hunt checked animals.

bogie
06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
You will never take a gun hater and turn him into a gun rights advocate. Same rule applies here. It's the people in the middle that can make a good decision if they just have all the facts and some exposure I am concentrating on. BTW I have changed countless people on this issue locally but that mainly happens from exposing them to the breed. You can talk until you are blue in the face but until they meet some quality APBT's and find out how nice the dogs really are it's very hard. My buddies female and his 5 year old daughter convert everyone that has ever been to their house. She sleeps on the bed and watches over her big time in spite of how a 5 year old treats dogs sometimes. I think you would be amazed. If your ever in the neighborhood I'll take you over there and you can meet mine as well which is an unfixed male. Many BB members here have met him. Both are from some very game stock.

I'm a dog lover. I have a border collie (real dog) myself, she's a rescued dog. I used to have a Rhodesian Ridgeback (also a real dog), which I saw on one of your lists. She was the best dog I ever owned.
I'm one of those that's still not convinced about Pit Bulls... they scare me. I do feel that a pissed off PB is going to do more damage than a pissed off Border Collie. The only real exposure I have had to PB's is at a dog park. Most of the PB owners at the park were gang members and dumbasses. Their dogs simply could not socialize. That's unfortunate for PB's and your cause. A bad dog is probably due to a bad owner, unfortuanately it seems like there are a LOT of bad PB owners. It's literally and legally giving a deadly weapon to a gang member or a dumbass. I'm okay with more regulations on who can own a PB.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Heh, aren't you the one that brought up needing a pitbull to protect you from the horrible man-eating mountain lion?

What is the likelihood of needing any dog to protect you from a mountain lion?

It would be more accurate for me to claim I needed a mountain lion to protect me from pitbulls.

Keep talking out your ass Mr. Excessive Legislation. The guy I train with saw a Mountain Lion a month ago while jogging in Emerald Hills which is right down the street from my house. All I said was I didn't want a dog with the trait of high tailing it out of there whenever shit hits the fan like in the example I used. I also mentioned it being retarded to not allow dogs in the mountains with you because they will poop there. I never once mentioned needing a pit bull to protect me from mountain lions. Please show me where I posted that.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM

Depending on the stock, they went for between $400 and $600, but that was 15 years ago.

We had a handful of award-winning dogs over the years. The best-selling pups I ever had were bred from a UKC Grand Night Champion sire and a UKC Grand Bench Champion bitch. The sire, Parker's Brindle Baron, was my dad's favorite dog and I still remember him...

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm a dog lover. I have a border collie (real dog) myself, she's a rescued dog. I used to have a Rhodesian Ridgeback (also a real dog), which I saw on one of your lists. She was the best dog I ever owned.
I'm one of those that's still not convinced about Pit Bulls... they scare me. I do feel that a pissed off PB is going to do more damage than a pissed off Border Collie. The only real exposure I have had to PB's is at a dog park. Most of the PB owners at the park were gang members and dumbasses. Their dogs simply could not socialize. That's unfortunate for PB's and your cause. A bad dog is probably due to a bad owner, unfortuanately it seems like there are a LOT of bad PB owners. It's literally and legally giving a deadly weapon to a gang member or a dumbass. I'm okay with more regulations on who can own a PB.

most scared ive ever been around anydog was a ridgeback.

My aunt (Rs) oldlady once told me that the Hells Angels were less dangerous than my bulldog.

its one of those deals you dont know if you wanna laugh or go home.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:53 PM

Cool. You would do well to go that direction especially since you have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Good to see your a dog guy. Where in Cali you at?

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Cool. You would do well to go that direction especially since you have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Good to see your a dog guy. Where in Cali you at?

he said 'was'.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Keep talking out your ass Mr. Excessive Legislation. The guy I train with saw a Mountain Lion a month ago while jogging in Emerald Hills which is right down the street from my house. All I said was I didn't want a dog with the trait of high tailing it out of there whenever shit hits the fan like in the example I used. I also mentioned it being retarded to not allow dogs in the mountains with you because they will poop there. I never once mentioned needing a pit bull to protect me from mountain lions. Please show me where I posted that.I just find it ironic that use the example of a mountain lion attack, something that happens less frequently than a pitbull attack.

Looks like all sides are guilty of misinformation.

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm apprehensive of all dogs if they're strange. I'm very apprehensive of dogs with shitty owners.

I've seen pit bulls and because of their owners, I'd consider them harmless. By the same token, my methhead neighbor had a Dalmation that I always made sure I was between him and my kids.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I just find it ironic that use the example of a mountain lion attack, something that happens less frequently than a pitbull attack.

Looks like all sides are guilty of misinformation.

man youre a dick.ROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM

My aunt (Rs) oldlady once told me that the Hells Angels were less dangerous than my bulldog.

That's funny my buddies grandmother I got the female pit for off Mayday was the same way. She literally went off on him when she visited. I've never seen an old lady so upset. She was visitng a few weeks backa made the comment that the dog would be perfect if it just didn't lick people. I said it loves you too much huh and she just smiled. Exposure is the key.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
man youre a dick.ROFL

He has is a smart guy who has an amazing grasp on many subjects but just likes to be a flaming asshole if it's a subject I am passionate about.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Then you must not be a big fan of history either. I know you think Americans are going to be different than every other country that started going after guns and I might even agree with you if it wasn't for a couple things.

1. The power of the media.
2. The fact that fear sells so easily.

Since you are referring to guns lets use that as an example. How much gun legislation have we got back? Better yet show me any modern culture that has implemented more gun laws and then changed their mind. The people going after our guns are not even warmed up yet and additional legislation continues to get passed even with all the conservatives in office now. You say that the average Joe isn't going to give up his revolver but we have already seen multiple cities passing legislation banning the ownership of handguns in their city. What do you think these same people are going to do when our economy eventually takes a giant dive into the shitter? There are 235 million guns in this country and you will see how well our gun laws work when that happens. Violent crime will skyrocket and media will right on top of it broadcasting their campaign of fear. They will try to outlaw all gun ownership and at the very least will be very successful at getting much more prohibitive laws passed. Problem is the only people that will obey their stupid laws are law abiding citizens. To get their laws passed they will use examples like you do referring to the mauling of little Betty Sue. People like you empower people like this in that you buy into their madness and you help get the ball rolling for them. Americans may be different in the sense that we are a new country but political history, human history and the human condition don't change. If you follow any of it you already know you should be very concerned about your right to own a firearm.

bogie
06-27-2006, 04:18 PM

My ridgeback was great, they do look and sound intimidating. Mine was a sweet heart. Nobody was coming in to my house un-invited, that's for sure.

Always a Chief fan
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
For the life of me,I will never understand what drives a person to own dangerous animals like any type APBT,Rottweiler,Grizzly bear,mountain lion,or Bengal tiger.Yet people do.and people are attacked,mauled,and killed every year by these same animals.I live in the country,and I own a German Sheperd.He is properly confined where he cannot threaten the mailman,the meter reader,nor anyone else,anyone that lets an animal do this is not a responsible dog owner and their animal should be taken away and they should be fined/and or tried in court. My sheperd is a big ole strong teddy bear,but I never allow my grandchildren to play with him,they can pet him when he is on choke chain and I have him in hand on a leash,that is being a responsible owner.What is it with you pit bull owner's? Are you compensating for lack of penis size,or you're daddy didn't pay enough attention to you when you were young? What are you compensating for? If you used these animals for hunting,or for guarding property,if confined,and you had a permit,training,and millions in insurance,more power to ya.I'll also tell anyone threatened by a lrg dog,face them,do not show you're teeth,do not turn you're back or run.Talk in low tones and back away from them.Calmly wrap some form of clothing over the arm you have to give up to be bitten.When the dog goes for you,offer that arm,when he locks on,step over his back,wrap you're free arm under and around his neck and sit down,pulling back on his neck with all you're strength.You should break his neck or spine. One final remark,if anyone ever had an animal that attacked,maimed,or killed someone that I loved.I would hunt both you and you're animal down and do what needed to be done,I would not wait for the law.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 06:32 AM
yeah were all scared.

MahiMike
06-28-2006, 06:57 AM

Here! Here! And take their dumb ass owners with 'em! :clap:

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Here! Here! And take their dumb ass owners with 'em! :clap:

what makes you so special?

eazyb81
06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
For the life of me,I will never understand what drives a person to own dangerous animals like any type APBT,Rottweiler,Grizzly bear,mountain lion,or Bengal tiger.Yet people do.and people are attacked,mauled,and killed every year by these same animals.I live in the country,and I own a German Sheperd.He is properly confined where he cannot threaten the mailman,the meter reader,nor anyone else,anyone that lets an animal do this is not a responsible dog owner and their animal should be taken away and they should be fined/and or tried in court. My sheperd is a big ole strong teddy bear,but I never allow my grandchildren to play with him,they can pet him when he is on choke chain and I have him in hand on a leash,that is being a responsible owner.What is it with you pit bull owner's? Are you compensating for lack of penis size,or you're daddy didn't pay enough attention to you when you were young? What are you compensating for? If you used these animals for hunting,or for guarding property,if confined,and you had a permit,training,and millions in insurance,more power to ya.

Let me get this straight.

APBTs and Rotts are "dangerous animals", but German Shepherds are harmless? Huh?

Also, way to generalize with the whole "you pit bull owners...." argument. Seriously, it makes your look real intelligent and knowledgeable on the situation.

I'd say it's up for argument about who's the one that's compensating......

Great first start to thread, buddy.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Let me guess,you might be a pit bull or rott owner?
Show me where I posted that german sheperds were harmless.I never stated that they were harmless.I guess reading comprehension is not one of you're strong points "buddy".

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Let me get this straight.

APBTs and Rotts are "dangerous animals", but German Shepherds are harmless? Huh?

Also, way to generalize with the whole "you pit bull owners...." argument. Seriously, it makes your look real intelligent and knowledgeable on the situation.

I'd say it's up for argument about who's the one that's compensating......

Great first start to thread, buddy.

This guy can't be for real. Nobody is that stupid. It's got be one of our chickenshit regulars creating a new ID and just trying to bait. That's why I wouldn't even respond.

eazyb81
06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Show me where I posted that german sheperds were harmless.I never stated that they were harmless.I guess reading comprehension is not one of you're strong points "buddy".

You stated that you have no idea why a person would own a "dangerous animal" like a pit or rott, then go on to state that you have a German Shepherd, therefore implying that it is not a "dangerous animal".

Great logic!

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm for real,and I'm not stupid.I'm also not one of what you called a "chickenshit regular".You're emotional outbursts and name calling leads me to question you're intelligence.Anyone who disagrees with you on pit bulls,you attempt to bully by calling names.Anyone who owns a dog large enough to harm someone,has a responsability to protect the public from such animals.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 09:50 AM
eazyb81 I'm glad that you can read minds.German sheperds and any other large breed of dog can be dangerous.We have all heard the horror stories of the family pet turning on it's owner or children.Dogs have strong insticts,you just never know with 100% certainty if or when one will turn on you.You never did answer the question,what kind of dog do you own.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm for real,and I'm not stupid.I'm also not one of what you called a "chickenshit regular".You're emotional outbursts and name calling leads me to question you're intelligence.Anyone who disagrees with you on pit bulls,you attempt to bully by calling names.Anyone who owns a dog large enough to harm someone,has a responsability to protect the public from such animals.

Not true at all. There have been several people in here and on other threads that don't necessarily agree with me and we get along great. Smitty, BucEyedPea and bogie to name a few just in this thread.

For the record I don't believe you for 2 seconds. That's the most moronic post on the subject to date. It has phoney gonzales written all over it. I am not going to waste my time posting to the BB tard attempting to be a flamer. Time to run along now and play some reruns of your favorite frolicking gangsta because I'm done with ya.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
You just proved my case by resorting to name calling again.I'm not sure if you are emotionally stable enough to own a pit bull.

htismaqe
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
He's not the alter ego of a regular.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
He's not the alter ego of a regular.

Wow because his posts are exactly like phoney gonzales. At the very least he is a complete flame job, no point is posting to that.

eazyb81
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
eazyb81 I'm glad that you can read minds.German sheperds and any other large breed of dog can be dangerous.We have all heard the horror stories of the family pet turning on it's owner or children.Dogs have strong insticts,you just never know with 100% certainty if or when one will turn on you.You never did answer the question,what kind of dog do you own.
I'm not Miss Cleo, but you made it pretty obvious what you were attempting to imply. Don't beat around the bush on what you said, be a man and own up to it, then attempt to prove your point.

I agree 100% that all large breed dogs can be dangerous and owners are responsible for the actions of their dogs.....I don't think anyone is arguing that point in this thread.

However, it's hard to take you seriously after you said:

"What is it with you pit bull owner's? Are you compensating for lack of penis size,or you're daddy didn't pay enough attention to you when you were young? What are you compensating for? If you used these animals for hunting,or for guarding property,if confined,and you had a permit,training,and millions in insurance,more power to ya."

It sounds like you got beat up by a pit owner when you were a kid.

And yes, I do own an APBT. Good call Inspector Gadget.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 10:26 AM

this coming from the guy whotakes shots like 'lack of penis size' and lack of attention from a father.
Thats rich.
you could say the samething about people who drive fancy cars.

To be honest you kinda sound like a A.R.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 10:26 AM
BigDaddy,I knew before I responded to this thread what you're reaction would be.Very predictable,and emotional.I stand by my opinion I stated in my original post.You might win more folks over to you're cause by presenting facts in a reasonable,logical manner.You might want to seek some proffessional help for you're anger control issues.Have a nice day!

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Wow because his posts are exactly like phoney gonzales. At the very least he is a complete flame job, no point is posting to that.

it smells of peta and hsus.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
BigDaddy,I knew before I responded to this thread what you're reaction would be.Very predictable,and emotional.I stand by my opinion I stated in my original post.You might win more folks over to you're cause by presenting facts in a reasonable,logical manner.You might want to seek some proffessional help for you're anger control issues.Have a nice day!

and youre not emotional over the subject.

just a hunch but id say youre projecting your own emotional state in the very post you condemn others in.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi there MoHillbilly,I knew you would be along soon to pile on with you're buddy.What is an A.R.?

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi there MoHillbilly,I knew you would be along soon to pile on with you're buddy.What is an A.R.?

i wouldnt call it a pile on im just using my comprehension skills. And yes its true B.D. and i have alot of the same views when it comes to the breed and dogs in general. But on MANY things we differ.

But for you to come in poping off at the lip knowing you will get a rise out of passionate people while useing both sides of the "you called me a name' fence is pretty weak.

Now do you have anything constructive to say or are you just here for your own amusement?

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 10:49 AM
the only emotion I'm projecting is mild amusement.For the record,I can't stand peta,nor hsus.On the other hand,I find dog fighting abhorent.Something wrong with anyone who derives pleasure from such things. As to "popping offat the lip",I believe this is an internet BB for exchanging information and opinions.I have just as much right to give my opinion as you do you're's.Thanks for playing.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 10:59 AM
the only emotion I'm projecting is mild amusement.For the record,I can't stand peta,nor hsus.On the other hand,I find dog fighting abhorent.Something wrong with anyone who derives pleasure from such things. As to "popping offat the lip",I believe this is an internet BB for exchanging information and opinions.I have just as much right to give my opinion as you do you're's.Thanks for playing.
who said dogfighting was ok? and youre right about the BB,though the deflection you use belongs in the DC forum.
Without and real argument to back up your posts i fail to see you providing any 'information'.
please feel free to provide any information you have on the subject,for my own mild amusement.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Actually,I think this thread belongs in the DC forum,it is a political topic.Nice avatar by the way,i'm a big fan of Bill Monroe.I never stated that you liked dog fighting,I stated that I did not like it.I do not like the government to infringe on our liberties,but something must be done to protect the public.Do I want the breed eliminated? Of course not.The proliferation of iresponsible breeders and owners has to stop.Any dog that shows aggression to humans should be put down.Some ignorant people think it's funny that their pets act aggressive towards meter readers,mailmen,and others.I bet they wouldn't think it was so funny if they were heavily fined and their animal put down.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 11:34 AM
This is another approach to BSL the HSUS and PETA types are going after. Make the domestic ownership of animals so difficult that people just won't.

Subject: Outrageous Riverside Ordinances !!!!

The Cat Fanciers' Association
Please forward
June 27, 2006

Dr. Allan Drusys, the Riverside County Chief of Veterinary Services has
released draft documents for two proposed ordinances. These will be posted
on
the County website soon with more information.
_http://www.riversideshelter.com/_ (http://www.riversideshelter.com/)

Here is a summary. (I apologize for the length.)

Ordinance 1 - establishes MANDATORY MICROCHIP identification for all
dogs/cats over 4 months. Any change of ownership or address/telephone
number
requires notification of the Department and the national microchip
"registry". Any
sale/transfer of a puppy/kitten requires notification of the Department of
the new owner or "custodian's" name and address and microchip number within
days. Any offer for sale, trade or adoption requires a microchip number.
Fees and fines are not listed but are to cover enforcement.

Ordinance 2 - MANDATORY SPAY/NEUTER of all dogs and cats over 4 months.
Exemption allows an unaltered dog or cat license for a "competition dog or
cat".
This means a breed recognized by and registered with Department approved
registries AND AT LEAST ONE of the requirements.
A. Dog or cat show competition in at least one show within the last 365
days
B. Earned a title from one of the approved registries.
C. Owner is a member of a "breed club, approved by the Department, which
maintains and enforces a code of ethics for animal breeding that includes
restrictions from breeding individuals with genetic defects and life
threatening
health problems that commonly threaten the breed". (Not all pedigreed
breeds
have a breed club.)

or working dogs/cats "trained and used for herding" (are they joking?) or
dogs/cats designated as "breeding stock" by an agency or organization
approved
by the Department.

or dogs/cats boarded in a licensed kennel, which professionally trains
animals for use and resale.

Unaltered dog license; unaltered cat license requirements:

Over 4 months - must obtain an annual unaltered license (Fee amount is not
included) if one qualifies. BUT the Department may deny or revoke an
unaltered license for dogs for various reasons including the Department
receiving 2
complaints the dog licensee has allowed his dog to run loose or escape.

Transfer, sale, breeding of an unaltered dog/cat:

Any offer for sale or transfer must include a valid dog license number and
dog/cat microchip number.

The owner of an unaltered cat over 4 months who offers for sale or transfer
a cat, "which is not a competition dog" (what??) or "a cat used by a law
enforcement agency for law enforcement purposes" (LOL - they must be
kidding -
Cats do not DO law enforcement work!!), "or a qualified service or
assistance
animal" must notify the Department of the name and address of the
transferee
and microchip number..

Within 30 days of birth of a litter - advise the Department in writing of
the number of live puppies/kittens. When a puppy/kitten is sold under 4
months
advise the Department of the name, address, telephone number of the new
owner and microchip number.

Penalties - violation for ANY provision. First ($250); second, including
failing to correct the 1st within 30 days, means a misdemeanor punishable
by
IMPRISONMENT in the county jail for six months or by a fine not to exceed
$1000
or both. Each subsequent violation within one year is an addition
misdemeanor.

If an unaltered dog/cat is impounded (for any reason, no exceptions for
disasters, fire, etc.) the dog/cat must be spayed/neutered to reclaim. If
an
owner/custodian does not pay the lien for costs, daily board, diagnostic,
therapeutic expenses within 14 days the dog/cat is deemed "abandoned" to
the
Department.

Riverside County had become a pet and breeder-unfriendly community.
Department of Animal Services Director, Robert Miller, and Chief
Veterinarian Alan
Drusys did not hear one word of the opposition at the public forum held a
few
weeks ago.

These draft ordinances are extremely punitive and there is more when you
read the details. They will deter any pedigreed cat/purebred dog breeders
from
choosing to live in this county. Animal Services will make it difficult
for
the public to find any home-raised pets locally. Most breed rescuers are
also
breeders - the County will lose these volunteers. First time impoundment
(even if an animal was let out by mistake by a child or pet sitter) could
mean
a death sentence for an unaltered pet over 4 months of age if the owner
cannot come up with money in 14 days to pay all fines, fees and Department
costs
plus mandated sterilization and microchiping. And a valuable breeding
animal
would be sterilized with no chance to appeal.

Needless to say - we must go to battle.............

bogie
06-28-2006, 01:35 PM
This is another approach to BSL the HSUS and PETA types are going after. Make the domestic ownership of animals so difficult that people just won't.

Subject: Outrageous Riverside Ordinances !!!!

The Cat Fanciers' Association
Please forward
June 27, 2006

Dr. Allan Drusys, the Riverside County Chief of Veterinary Services has
released draft documents for two proposed ordinances. These will be posted
on
the County website soon with more information.
_http://www.riversideshelter.com/_ (http://www.riversideshelter.com/)

Here is a summary. (I apologize for the length.)

Ordinance 1 - establishes MANDATORY MICROCHIP identification for all
dogs/cats over 4 months. Any change of ownership or address/telephone
number
requires notification of the Department and the national microchip
"registry". Any
sale/transfer of a puppy/kitten requires notification of the Department of
the new owner or "custodian's" name and address and microchip number within
days. Any offer for sale, trade or adoption requires a microchip number.
Fees and fines are not listed but are to cover enforcement.

Ordinance 2 - MANDATORY SPAY/NEUTER of all dogs and cats over 4 months.
Exemption allows an unaltered dog or cat license for a "competition dog or
cat".
This means a breed recognized by and registered with Department approved
registries AND AT LEAST ONE of the requirements.
A. Dog or cat show competition in at least one show within the last 365
days
B. Earned a title from one of the approved registries.
C. Owner is a member of a "breed club, approved by the Department, which
maintains and enforces a code of ethics for animal breeding that includes
restrictions from breeding individuals with genetic defects and life
threatening
health problems that commonly threaten the breed". (Not all pedigreed
breeds
have a breed club.)

or working dogs/cats "trained and used for herding" (are they joking?) or
dogs/cats designated as "breeding stock" by an agency or organization
approved
by the Department.

or dogs/cats boarded in a licensed kennel, which professionally trains
animals for use and resale.

Unaltered dog license; unaltered cat license requirements:

Over 4 months - must obtain an annual unaltered license (Fee amount is not
included) if one qualifies. BUT the Department may deny or revoke an
unaltered license for dogs for various reasons including the Department
receiving 2
complaints the dog licensee has allowed his dog to run loose or escape.

Transfer, sale, breeding of an unaltered dog/cat:

Any offer for sale or transfer must include a valid dog license number and
dog/cat microchip number.

The owner of an unaltered cat over 4 months who offers for sale or transfer
a cat, "which is not a competition dog" (what??) or "a cat used by a law
enforcement agency for law enforcement purposes" (LOL - they must be
kidding -
Cats do not DO law enforcement work!!), "or a qualified service or
assistance
animal" must notify the Department of the name and address of the
transferee
and microchip number..

Within 30 days of birth of a litter - advise the Department in writing of
the number of live puppies/kittens. When a puppy/kitten is sold under 4
months
advise the Department of the name, address, telephone number of the new
owner and microchip number.

Penalties - violation for ANY provision. First ($250); second, including
failing to correct the 1st within 30 days, means a misdemeanor punishable
by
IMPRISONMENT in the county jail for six months or by a fine not to exceed
$1000
or both. Each subsequent violation within one year is an addition
misdemeanor.

If an unaltered dog/cat is impounded (for any reason, no exceptions for
disasters, fire, etc.) the dog/cat must be spayed/neutered to reclaim. If
an
owner/custodian does not pay the lien for costs, daily board, diagnostic,
therapeutic expenses within 14 days the dog/cat is deemed "abandoned" to
the
Department.

Riverside County had become a pet and breeder-unfriendly community.
Department of Animal Services Director, Robert Miller, and Chief
Veterinarian Alan
Drusys did not hear one word of the opposition at the public forum held a
few
weeks ago.

These draft ordinances are extremely punitive and there is more when you
read the details. They will deter any pedigreed cat/purebred dog breeders
from
choosing to live in this county. Animal Services will make it difficult
for
the public to find any home-raised pets locally. Most breed rescuers are
also
breeders - the County will lose these volunteers. First time impoundment
(even if an animal was let out by mistake by a child or pet sitter) could
mean
a death sentence for an unaltered pet over 4 months of age if the owner
cannot come up with money in 14 days to pay all fines, fees and Department
costs
plus mandated sterilization and microchiping. And a valuable breeding
animal
would be sterilized with no chance to appeal.

Needless to say - we must go to battle.............

This is just dumbassery at work. It's the opposite of Charlton Heston (NRA) dumbassery. It's to bad people can't people work together to come up with real solutions.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 01:52 PM
when the legislators are done with pets theyll move onto lobotomies for people seen as unfit for society.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
This is just dumbassery at work. It's the opposite of Charlton Heston (NRA) dumbassery. It's to bad people can't people work together to come up with real solutions.

You have to remember the goal of people who are doing this is to elimination of the domestic ownership of all animals. They hate people and feel what we have produced through selective breeding is an abomination.

“One generation and out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding...We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding.”

Wayne Pacelle, HSUS, former director of the Fund for Animals, Animal People, May 1993

The pit bull is just a label they have put on many breeds of dogs so that they can unfairly demonize them in order to enact BSL. Then they can go after as many breeds as they can get added to that list. There are 22 different breeds with different legislation against them currently in different parts of the United States. This technique is just one of many they use to go after our freedoms. The one your looking at now is another way they are going about eliminating all pet ownership. That is why it is crucially important that all people who value owning animals stick together and not turn on each other.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
okay MoHillbilly,what would you propose as a solution for these animal attacks on people? What would you tell the man still sitting in a hospital in kc,being fed through a tube after almost being eaten alive by a pack of pit bulls?

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 02:14 PM
when the legislators are done with pets theyll move onto lobotomies for people seen as unfit for society.

These people are all the same. They live in a world that inherently sees people as being violent and evil and want to create a society void of all that. It is also this element that destroys strong cultures from within by making them soft and it's the wealth of these societies that is their enabler. These people

1. Want all guns removed from society.
2. Want domestic ownership of all animals ended.
3. Serious tree huggers and usually vegans.
4. Socialists/Communists They want a huge government that can micromanage what they believe is a utopian culture.
5. Want to nuture the weak and their tendencies.
6. Want to eliminate the strong and their tendencies.

bogie
06-28-2006, 02:17 PM

Whatever it takes to produce a Master Race.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Funny,I disagree with you BD.I'm a conservative ,gun owning hunter and pet owner.I eat what I kill,and you will only find me hugging a tree as I am climbing into my tree stand.I believe in being strong,and will defend personal freedom.You're passion to own one of these animals does not outweigh the publics right to be safe from them.

Inspector
06-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Mom came out and beat it off with a broom.

wow....

You have a really cool mom.

But I'm not so sure about the broom part.....

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 02:53 PM
okay MoHillbilly,what would you propose as a solution for these animal attacks on people? What would you tell the man still sitting in a hospital in kc,being fed through a tube after almost being eaten alive by a pack of pit bulls?

Id say a manditory basic canine training course for all dogs owners to be completed no later than six months of the pups date of birth.
Manditory advanced training to be completed before the dog reaches 18 months.
tests to be given after completion of each course with a permit after the basic course and a bi annual liscence after the advanced course.if you and or your dog fail the test its retaken at your cost. 3 strikes and youre out.
All of this to be paid for by canine owners.(no money to be given to the hsus,aspca,peta, ever) it goes back into the pot for better education and rebate and/or lessens the cost of fixing.

The courses would be more for the owners to learn the language of the dog than it would be for the dog but its win win either way.
id also do the same kind of course for anyone who wants to breed a pair.
theyd have to take a class and get a permit,all payed for by themselves.

id then make stiff penalties for those who dont comply,and enforce those rules.
people who want there dog fixed could do so and get something like a small rebate on either the course or liscence fee like i said above. matter of fact id make it to where it would be an insentive.

Id do the same kind of course for cat owners.

This is just a basic outline.

and ive said this before.

NOW- i love this breed and have owned many of them, never ever have i had a problem.
around kids or anyone else, yes my dog raises hell if a stranger pulls up.

good i dont want a stranger in my yard.
But if she knows you and i say youre ok, I damn sure lay my claim as a DOGMAN that she will never bark again,and if you are my friend she is yours.

but pity the dumbass that comes into my house to steal from me again.

the one i have now is a one in a million dog, but she didnt just wake up and was trained. I took what came natural and either curbed or honed those instincts as i saw fit for my situation.

Ive owned and bred dogs on BDs list either w/ my dad of by myself since the early 80s and never have any of our dogs bitten anyone.
im talking GSD,Dobies,Boxers and ive had The APBT for going on the better part of a decade.

They like many other dogs are like any other tool they usually are niether as good or as bad as the person wielding the tool.

JMO.

Lzen
06-28-2006, 03:00 PM

Arrrgghhh!!! For God's sake, at least learn proper English before questioning the intelligence of others.

Your - possesive of 'you'
You're - contraction of 'you' 'are'

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Why thank you,Lzen.Sorry to get YOUR panties in such an uproar over my grammer.I took english in college,somehow I always get the two mixed up.I stand corrected,and thank you for YOUR concern.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
MoHillbilly,I think that YOUR proposal is very reasonable.At least it is a start.Since you have so much experience with dogs,what do you think prompted the dogs in Independence to attack and maim those people?

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Dude I know you’re just desperately trying to be an instigator so why don’t you go try and bother someone else? Nobody is buying your shit here. Without having ever seriously discussed the topic and not knowing anyone here you start off with the asinine APBT,Rottweiler,Grizzly bear,mountain lion, and Bengal tiger comparison. You progress to talking about pit bull owners penis size and their relationship to their father.

When someone on the BB finally attempts to take you seriously and give you some real information the first thing you do is post:

You follow that up by trying to lecture dog people who have a lifetime of experience dealing with the breed as to what their animal will do.
You then proceed to blatantly lie about me bullying anyone who doesn’t agree with me.
After this ridiculous emotional display you then accuse me of being emotional and unstable because I refuse to address your flame session in a serious manner.

Follow that by being insulting to just about everyone posting on the thread and being the ultimate contrarian and you expect anyone to take you seriously? If you’re not Gunther Fan you’re the closest thing to him posting on the BB.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:24 PM
MoHillbilly,I think that YOUR proposal is very reasonable.At least it is a start.Since you have so much experience with dogs,what do you think prompted the dogs in Independence to attack and maim those people?

i have no clue.

dogs attack for lots of diffrent reasons. Usually a combination of poor breeding, poor upbringing on the owners part, pack mentality,territorial,prey drive,fear,hunger lots of things.

Ive said before and i will say it again. a ban while i dont agree with its principals would be the best thing for MANY great breeds of canine that become that decades fad.
The Macho male dogs take the brunt of the abuse.

now in my nieghborhood(i live in the country) there are five pitbull types and crosses. all but one is free to roam.
never has there been a problem.

That says alot about the mentality of the people who get these dogs.
A good friend of mine has a American Bulldog and a AB/pitbull mix and lives in center city. Trained to a T,never a problem(hes a country boy).

people get these dogs cause they think they want a mean dog(they were never ever bred to be man biters) and when they arent mean enough owners condition them through abuse.

add to the mix 2 or more of the same sex and you have a loaded gun.

People cant WAlk the Chalk in there personal lives, it goes alot deeper than just a "dog" problem.

htismaqe
06-28-2006, 03:29 PM
It should be noted that APBT are NOT genetically predisposed to attacking people.

Any dog will attack a person, for any number of reasons, but it's NOT bred into them.

However, they are genetically predisposed to attacking other dogs - at least for now until it can be bred out of the breed.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not Gunther Fan,jeeze you really are paranoid.
You are a bully.I have just as much right as you to visit this BB and post as I see fit.You have no idea what my experince with dogs is,just as I have no idea what yours is.You posted a topic here and when some disagree,you attack,demean,then question the right of the person to dissent with your rants.If you do not like what someone replies to your lil rant,don't post.I don't care how long you have been here, or who you know,I will continue to say what I want.Have a nice day!

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:35 PM
However, they are genetically predisposed to attacking other dogs - at least for now until it can be bred out of the breed.

Then you take away the essence of the breed and im not sure you could do it in 1000 generations. Its an up close on top trait.
Doesnt mean you couldnt get a "strain" but imo it would be like completely trying to take the nose out of a hound.

AND FTR MANY MANY MANY so called gamebred dogs have to be started. Dont let anyone bullshit you about that. Yes some will start, but many times as a rule of thumb dog fighters roll them into older started dogs of poor caliber at about 18 months to start them, and them let them sit and think about it till 20 months.
(-starting- is just leting them get bit and then scratching them out,just enough to make them feel good about it)

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
i have no clue.

dogs attack for lots of diffrent reasons. Usually a combination of poor breeding, poor upbringing on the owners part, pack mentality,territorial,prey drive,fear,hunger lots of things.

Ive said before and i will say it again. a ban while i dont agree with its principals would be the best thing for MANY great breeds of canine that become that decades fad.
The Macho male dogs take the brunt of the abuse.

now in my nieghborhood(i live in the country) there are five pitbull types and crosses. all but one is free to roam.
never has there been a problem.

That says alot about the mentality of the people who get these dogs.
A good friend of mine has a American Bulldog and a AB/pitbull mix and lives in center city. Trained to a T,never a problem(hes a country boy).

people get these dogs cause they think they want a mean dog(they were never ever bred to be man biters) and when they arent mean enough owners condition them through abuse.

add to the mix 2 or more of the same sex and you have a loaded gun.

People cant WAlk the Chalk in there personal lives, it goes alot deeper than just a "dog" problem.

The problem with your proposal is the last people in the entire world you want in charge of implimenting such a program will be in charge of it and you know that's the case. The answer has to lie somewhere in the breeding phase but then again I know the wrong people will be put in charge of that too. The single biggest problem we have is stupid lazy POS sitting around trying to make a buck by not having to do anything other than breed bad stock.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm not Gunther Fan,jeeze you really are paranoid.
You are a bully.I have just as much right as you to visit this BB and post as I see fit.You have no idea what my experince with dogs is,just as I have no idea what yours is.You posted a topic here and when some disagree,you attack,demean,then question the right of the person to dissent with your rants.If you do not like what someone replies to your lil rant,don't post.I don't care how long you have been here, or who you know,I will continue to say what I want.Have a nice day!

I didn't question your right to post I only pointed out that if you want to be taken seriously maybe you should try making a serious post.

htismaqe
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Then you take away the essence of the breed and im not sure you could do it in 1000 generations. Its an up close on top trait.
Doesnt mean you couldnt get a "strain" but imo it would be like completely trying to take the nose out of a hound.

AND FTR MANY MANY MANY so called gamebred dogs have to be started. Dont let anyone bullshit you about that. Yes some will start, but many times as a rule of thumb dog fighters roll them into older started dogs of poor caliber at about 18 months to start them, and them let them sit and think about it till 20 months.
(-starting- is just leting them get bit and then scratching them out,just enough to make them feel good about it)

Behavioral traits and physical traits are two separate things. It's like training hounds to hunt specific types of animals, at some point they were behavior-bred to go after X instead of Y.

I think it might be possible to preserve the superb physical traits of the APBT and AST while selectively taking out the behavioral disposition. Lord knows we can genetically alter everything else, so I hesitate to say we can't do it.

And yes, you're absolutely right. Just because they have this genetic disposition doesn't mean they'll automatically be fight dogs. In fact, most of them won't actually fight until you start them, just like you said. But they can be prone to sudden attacks on other dogs for no apparent (at least to us humans) reason.

I'd just hate to see this breed fall by the wayside because of stupid, deadbeat PEOPLE.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:44 PM
The problem with your proposal is the last people in the entire world you want in charge of implimenting such a program will be in charge of it and you know that's the case. The answer has to lie somewhere in the breeding phase but then again I know the wrong people will be put in charge of that too. The single biggest problem we have is stupid lazy POS sitting around trying to make a buck by not having to do anything other than breed bad stock.

force them to do it, pay a panel of down to earth vets,like minded cynoligists whatever.
But yes, keep the AR ****ers the **** out of it. **** them! At the same time id take away there influence and sway over the authorties.

Since when in America can law enforcement much less an activist group/s take your personal property because they have some sort of say so.

The humane society,SPCA,PETA have KILLED more dogs than they have ever saved.
If you donate to the HSUS thinking it will go to your local shelter they will never see any of the money unless you take it or send it directly to there office.

Why? Because wayne Pacell makes millions,live in a million dollar house,flys in a private jet,wears 5K suits, and would rather kill your children than see and ant harmed.

look it up if you dont believe me.....

yes thats a rant.:)

Chiefnj
06-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I'd just hate to see this breed fall by the wayside because of stupid, deadbeat PEOPLE.

Sorry, but it already happened.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry, but it already happened.

theres still lots of good blood out there and lots of good owners. but id say at this point it will be a lost cause in all but a few segments of society.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM

I totally agree they are truly an awesome animal. The breed will never totally fall though. Russia, Japan, Mexico and even South America have taken some of our best stock and continue to try and increase it's capabilities. Most of the stuff we have out there is garbage now anyway which is why MO believes it may be best for them to impliment some form of BSL. That dog you saw on TV that got out of the back of dipshits yard is what I am talking about. You don't see dog men's real APBT's out there biting people, just doesn't happen. At least I have never seen it.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 03:54 PM
force them to do it, pay a panel of down to earth vets,like minded cynoligists whatever.
But yes, keep the AR ****ers the **** out of it. **** them! At the same time id take away there influence and sway over the authorties.

Since when in America can law enforcement much less an activist group/s take your personal property because they have some sort of say so.

The humane society,SPCA,PETA have KILLED more dogs than they have ever saved.
If you donate to the HSUS thinking it will go to your local shelter they will never see any of the money unless you take it or send it directly to there office.

Why? Because wayne Pacell makes millions,live in a million dollar house,flys in a private jet,wears 5K suits, and would rather kill your children than see and ant harmed.

look it up if you dont believe me.....

yes thats a rant.:)

You know I already know.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Behavioral traits and physical traits are two separate things. It's like training hounds to hunt specific types of animals, at some point they were behavior-bred to go after X instead of Y.

I think it might be possible to preserve the superb physical traits of the APBT and AST while selectively taking out the behavioral disposition. Lord knows we can genetically alter everything else, so I hesitate to say we can't do it.

And yes, you're absolutely right. Just because they have this genetic disposition doesn't mean they'll automatically be fight dogs. In fact, most of them won't actually fight until you start them, just like you said. But they can be prone to sudden attacks on other dogs for no apparent (at least to us humans) reason.

yes but then you just end up w/ just another dog. (they are special IMO)

and the problem as you know is not in canine to canine attacks w/ this phenotype its in human attacks.
It would be much easier to breed out the manbiter trait than to breed out the dog aggressive trait.

even people who want(or dont) a tough dog are bleeding hearts. they cant kill fido for snarling at there child,because theyre soft.
The old school didnt tolerate those things cause they knew.

the ability to be a true breeder means you must have the ability to at times have a cold heart and cull ruthless.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:57 PM
You don't see dog men's real APBT's out there biting people, just doesn't happen. At least I have never seen it.

i agree 100%.

MOhillbilly
06-28-2006, 03:58 PM
You know I already know.

i know,but i have my rant moments:).

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 04:10 PM
BD,you are the blatant liar.I went back and read through all of your posts,and you had something demeaning,or insulting to anyone who posted disagreeing with you.You called buc eyed pea a chickenshit and said she needed to live in a padded room. Seems like you had something bad to say about anyone who had a different opinion than you.Go back and read through every one of your posts. Like I said before,i'll say what I want,when I want.You are the liar here.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 04:25 PM
BD,you are the blatant liar.I went back and read through all of your posts,and you had something demeaning,or insulting to anyone who posted disagreeing with you.You called buc eyed pea a chickenshit and said she needed to live in a padded room. Seems like you had something bad to say about anyone who had a different opinion than you.Go back and read through every one of your posts. Like I said before,i'll say what I want,when I want.You are the liar here.

Take a hike gunther fan. I get along with buc eyed pea just fine why don't you ask her? My jab comment had nothing to do with pit bulls either it had to do with her refusing to go in any house where certain breed types live where if I remember correctly one of them was yours. This conversation isn't going anywhere so just stop. The people who want to kill my dog want yours just as badly. If you met mine, if you met MO's, if you met any number of owners and dog men I know with the real deal APBT's I think you would be amazed by the animal on all levels but my guess is you have no intention of ever really understanding the breed or the subject. You seem to at least be civil with MO, maybe you should just address him on this subject because I really don't want to fight with you.

Always a Chief fan
06-28-2006, 04:28 PM
yep,let's let it go.this is going nowhere,and it's getting old.

Mr. Laz
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i think they should take all the pitbulls in the united states and put them into a big arena ... like use a big football stadium, stands and all.

don't feed 'em for a week or so .... so they are nice and pissed off.

then take all the ultimate fighter league fighters and drop them in there with the dogs and lock the door.

last one alive, wins!!

have a ton of hidden remote camera so you can have a huge 1 time pay per-view event.

KingPriest2
06-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Take a hike gunther fan. I get along with buc eyed pea just fine why don't you ask her? My jab comment had nothing to do with pit bulls either it had to do with her refusing to go in any house where certain breed types live where if I remember correctly one of them was yours. This conversation isn't going anywhere so just stop. The people who want to kill my dog want yours just as badly. If you met mine, if you met MO's, if you met any number of owners and dog men I know with the real deal APBT's I think you would be amazed by the animal on all levels but my guess is you have no intention of ever really understanding the breed or the subject. You seem to at least be civil with MO, maybe you should just address him on this subject because I really don't want to fight with you.

Hey BD just ignore him. He is just trying to rile you up and he has.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 04:39 PM
i think they should take all the pitbulls in the united states and put them into a big arena ... like use a big football stadium, stands and all.

then take all the ultimate fighter league fighters and drop them in there with the dogs and lock the door.

last one alive, wins!!

have a ton of hidden remote camera so you can have a huge 1 time pay per-view event.

OK Cat Man. ROFL

Mr. Laz
06-28-2006, 04:42 PM
OK Cat Man. ROFL
:p

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey BD just ignore him. He is just trying to rile you up and he has.

Actually he hasn't at all, there would have to have been something of substance to his posts on the breed which there never was. Comparing them to Grizzly Bears and Bengal Tigers is just ridiculous. All the other stuff has no point.

chiefs4me
06-28-2006, 04:58 PM

hey guys...see his last line?????? It's not me......ROFL

chiefs4me
06-28-2006, 05:01 PM

last one alive, wins!!

%(/

BIG_DADDY
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:09 AM
Subject: Overland Park, KS

The meeting with the Public Safety Committee went ok tonight. I was not at the meeting, but we had quite a lot of people in attendance. The speakers were excellent. Only 2 for (a married couple) and probably forty at least there against.

The big problem we have in Overland Park is that the city attorney, Mike Santos, is wedded to a ban. Santos argued the Overland Park v. Hearn case; this is probably his biggest career achievement, so now wants a complete ban. The police chief just says what Santos says, so we have NO internal city staff support. Their animal control and the private intake shelter are opposed, but they won't speak up.

The council is not asking tough questions of the city staff, even though several have told us privately that they're concerned about bias.

The committee voted to send the ban to the full council. We believe the vote will be on Monday, so we need help now. I have not heard what the vote tally was for the committee.

Phone calls to the council would be useful. Emails don't work; we're getting form letters in return. Faxes may be a good tool, too.

Santos and the police chief are convinced and have convinced a lot of the council that pit bulls are a "unique public" risk (this is the language from the Hearn case). Some of the council perked up when listening to the information about temperament and how pit bulls are not genetically or anatomically different. We need more information conveyed to them one on one without Santos to edit public commentary and twist around the facts.

Again Overland Park already has BSL, but does not have a ban. Pit bulls are required to have $50,000 liability, be walked on a 4 ft leash, be muzzled at all times outside (even in the owner's fenced backyard), and have a sign on the fence. This month Overland Park renewed its sweeps of "known" pit bull owners and found a man who had taken his sign down to stain his fence. They seized his dog. Now his dog cannot reenter the city and is living with a relative in another suburb. He also has had to pay substantial fines.

Overland Park has less than 5% of its bites from pit bulls (only 1 this year). It has approximately 500-1500 pit bulls in the city, but only 20+ are licensed as pit bulls.

We have been working to get the existing ordinance repealed, but at this point we'd consider rejection of a ban a small victory.

Abby York

Contact information (below). Bios are available here http://www.opkansas.org/_Gov/Mayor_and_Council/council_directory.cfm

Fax: 913-895-5003 (whole council)

Councilmember Terry Happer Scheier (making some progress with her)
Phone: 913/341-9436
E-mail: terry.happerscheier@opkansas.org

Councilmember Dave Janson
Phone: 913/831-2318
E-mail: dave.janson@opkansas.org

Councilmember Curt Skoog
Phone: 381-1127
E-mail: curt.skoog@opkansas.org
Councilmember Marcia A. Gilliland (proponent of the ban and also an RN)
Phone: 913/649-4069
Fax: 913/649-1056
E-mail: marcia.gilliland@opkansas.org

Councilmember Donna Owens
Phone: 913/381-8711
E-mail: donna.owens@opkansas.org

Councilmember David White
Phone: 492-5765
E-mail: david.white@opkansas.org

Councilmember Fred Spears
Phone: 681-0142
E-mail: fred.spears@opkansas.org

Council President Terry Goodman (making progress)
Phone: 913/897-4142
E-mail terry.goodman@opkansas.org

Councilmember John H. Thompson (lawyer)
Phone: 814-7929
E-mail: john.thompson@opkansas.org

Councilmember Jim Hix
Phone: 913/685-0890
E-mail: jim.hix@opkansas.org
Other Contact Information: www.jimhixcitycouncil.com

Councilmember George Kandt
Phone: 913/897-4939
E-mail: george.kandt@opkansas.org

Councilmember Dan Stock
Phone: 685-1857
E-mail: dan.stock@opkansas.org

Chiefnj
07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:09 AM
Subject: Overland Park, KS

The meeting with the Public Safety Committee went ok tonight. I was not at the meeting, but we had quite a lot of people in attendance. The speakers were excellent. Only 2 for (a married couple) and probably forty at least there against.

Overland Park has less than 5% of its bites from pit bulls (only 1 this year). It has approximately 500-1500 pit bulls in the city, but only 20+ are licensed as pit bulls.

Two things stand out.
1. Only 40 people bothered to show up to oppose the ban yet there are between 500-1500 pit bulls in the city. Everyone with a pit bull should have showed up with family and friends.

2. What's the deal with only 20+ dogs being licensed but the city believing there are up to 1,500 dogs? Is it that the owners aren't registering, or are they registering as another breed? If the former, it is stupid and gives Santos and the Police Chief more ammunition to further their cause.

bogie
07-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Like protecting us from dumbass drivers with cell phones, the ultimate goal here is to protect us from the dumbass owners of pit bulls. With cell phones, there are plenty of responsible drivers that will be negatively effected by the few dumbass drivers. Unfortunately the same may happen to responsible pit bull owners.

burt
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
believe it or not, standing and keeping your back turned to the dog will keep them from attacking. For some reason they do not attack from behind. I've never tried it but I've seen it demonstrated.

Do that around my lab and you are gonna get humped.....

BIG_DADDY
07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Like protecting us from dumbass drivers with cell phones, the ultimate goal here is to protect us from the dumbass owners of pit bulls. With cell phones, there are plenty of responsible drivers that will be negatively effected by the few dumbass drivers. Unfortunately the same may happen to responsible pit bull owners.

Maybe in theory that holds water but lets get real. You are more than 4 times as likely to die from drowning in your bathtub as from a dog. I won't even get into the what the numbers and likelyhood of getting taken out by some dumb ass with a cell phone. Furthermore I wasn't necessarily for outlawing use if you recall.

BIG_DADDY
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Two things stand out.
1. Only 40 people bothered to show up to oppose the ban yet there are between 500-1500 pit bulls in the city. Everyone with a pit bull should have showed up with family and friends.

2. What's the deal with only 20+ dogs being licensed but the city believing there are up to 1,500 dogs? Is it that the owners aren't registering, or are they registering as another breed? If the former, it is stupid and gives Santos and the Police Chief more ammunition to further their cause.

You really think that many people knew about this?

Registration is the first step to taking them away. Look what happened in Colorado. That's why I don't register mine.

burt
07-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Registration is the first step to taking them away. Look what happened in Colorado. That's why I don't register mine.

BD,

One of the best dogs I ever owned was a Pit mix. He was way cool 1/2 pit, 1/4 husky, 1/4 shepard. A very large dog. Very loyal and great around kids. I have and never will own a little dog...currently have a 50 lb lab and a 80 lb lab -boxer mix. I know when any one is in my yard, let alone if someone would try to enter my home. I understand and respect your feelings about your companion.

The peoblem is media hype and, yes, the fact that only the bad side of Pits make the news.

More people get killed and harmed by drunk drivers, yet the penalties are still lackluster.

Hang around...there will be much more bogus statistics thrown at you.

Immaculate
07-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Ban stupid people not dogs.

Adept Havelock
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Ban stupid people not dogs.

Nope. Ban stupid people and stupid dogs. Individuals, not an entire breed.

OldTownChief
07-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Here in Augusta, KS they issued a ban on Pit Bulls a few months ago. Those that had them before the ban are "grandfathered" in and are allowed to keep them but no mas.

Chiefnj
07-13-2006, 08:59 PM

If the town/city is considering a ban, then yes people should know about it and attend the meetings.

Not registering the dogs will serve the purposes of the town attorney + police chief. They'll say the owners of the dogs are irresponsible and the first thing they will point to is the lack of a dog registration - "If owners can't take the simple measure of registering the dog, they won't have adequate insurance, etc.".

BIG_DADDY
07-14-2006, 10:29 AM
If the town/city is considering a ban, then yes people should know about it and attend the meetings.

Not registering the dogs will serve the purposes of the town attorney + police chief. They'll say the owners of the dogs are irresponsible and the first thing they will point to is the lack of a dog registration - "If owners can't take the simple measure of registering the dog, they won't have adequate insurance, etc.".

There were only 2 people that wanted it. It was 10/1 against the legislation. Shouldn't people if they really want the legislation show up as well? Bottom line is you could have a meeting about bannning garden hoses tomorrow and probably not many people would show up for that either.

I understand your registration issue. It would be much more valid if all that was being proposed was legislation that required that you have your dog registered with insurance but that's simply not the case. People who own this breed know that people like Santos will never be happy with legislation aimed at trying to correct a problem. Their goal is to kill as many of these dogs as possible then they will move on to the next breed. That's been the trend nationally. Denver is already looking at adding other breeds to their list as an example and many other areas already have. 22 different breeds in different areas currently. On the other hand if you proposed to me that I register my dog and have insurance on him and in so doing the state would never be able take my dog if he did nothing wrong I would be there in a second. That will never happen though because that is not the end goal of these type of legislators.

Inspector
07-14-2006, 10:40 AM
They will have to pry my garden hose from my cold dead fingers......