View Full Version : Bluetooth headsets

Bob Dole
06-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Do you wear one of these?

http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/blog/jabra-bluetooth-headset.jpg

Poll forthcoming.

jlscorpio
06-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Nothing says babe magnet like a hands-free device...

Vegas_Dave
06-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I wear 2 different ones... neither are that ugly and bulky. I wear one for my cell phone, only when driving. Then I have one for my work phone with a 300 foot range.

Bob Dole
06-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I wear 2 different ones... neither are that ugly and bulky. I wear one for my cell phone, only when driving. Then I have one for my work phone with a 300 foot range.

Both of those instances make complete sense.

Bob Dole has to resist punching people walking around the grocery store wearing the damned things.

Donger
06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
No, I do not. In fact, I've added the people that do wear them to my list, along with those that can't sit still and simply talk on their phone. I came very close to attacking a guy at the airport last week that kept walking back and forth in front of me while yakking on his phone.

Garcia Bronco
06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
If you get on the elevator with me on a cell phone...I will talk to you the whole time while you are on the phone.

TinyEvel
06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I bought one, to use in the car, and it was like the lesser of two evils.
My phone picked up all the noise in the car and around it, which drowned out my voice.
And the headset (people said) sounded like I was talking through a paper-towel tube.

I hate 'nads who walk around with them, in non-office settings.
I went to Vegas for a bachelor party and one of the guys was wearing one the entire time (two days) and NEVER got a call on it.

PO-ZER!

I'm waiting for the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" spoof

"Today, we salute you, Mr. Bluetooth headset wearer"

"MISTER BLUE-TOOTH HEADSET WEARER!"

"like a cyborg...always at the ready,
in case the wife needs you to stop for more diapers"

"FORTY EIGHT PACK PLEASE!"

So, carry on, Mister Madonna microphone man,
Wether or not you're making a call, we know just what to call you"

"MISTER BLUE-TOOTH HEADSET WEARRRRR-ER!"

Logical
06-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't wear no Red X.

KCChiefsMan
06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
nope, I think they look ridiculous. It makes sense if you wear them at work if you need to be on the phone a lot or in the car.....anything other than that, people should be slapped in the face for wearing them. I saw one guy at Target today wearing one and I just shook my head and then some kids ran into me

Bob Dole
06-26-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't wear no Red X.

One of these.

http://images.google.com/images?q=bluetooth+earpiece&hl=en

Cochise
06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I've got one, because it came with my phone. I use it when driving sometimes. I have to say it's pretty convenient and nobody ever knows that I have them on a headset, the sound quality I guess is really good.

But yeah, I would never be one of those douches who wears it around the grocery store or is yammering on it in an elevator.

HemiEd
06-26-2006, 06:38 PM
No, I do not. In fact, I've added the people that do wear them to my list, along with those that can't sit still and simply talk on their phone. I came very close to attacking a guy at the airport last week that kept walking back and forth in front of me while yakking on his phone.

SDS. The guy needs mac58s wife to measure it for him so he will not feel so inadequate.
I have a customer with one that is terrible quality, I can only make out about half of what he says.

Bob Dole
06-26-2006, 07:08 PM
If Skip Towne had posted this poll, it would have 75 votes and 100 replies by now.

Rain Man
06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
I hate it when I'm walking down the street and someone says, "Hello! How's it going?" and I look at them and say hi, and then they look at me funny and then I realize that they're wearing one of those things and then they laugh at me and say, "Hey, some dork thought I was talking to him" and then I find a rock and throw it at them after they pass by.

Actually, I don't hate the rock part.

NJ Chief Fan
06-26-2006, 07:50 PM
haha anybody ever see that commercial i dont recall what it was for, but the guy was picking up a sixer in the freezer section and there was this hot broad on one of those stupid devices and the dude thinks shes talkin to him and then he realizes hes a fool, and then later hes on line to pay and shes behind him and he thinks that shes talking to him, and she just gives him a eww creep look...great commercial

R&GHomer
06-26-2006, 07:54 PM
I have one, but I only use it in the car. Well, and in the house if I get into a long conversation on my cell phone. I can't stand talking on my cell phone for long periods of time. Little sucker gets hot.

htismaqe
06-26-2006, 08:02 PM
I have one, but I don't use it with my cell phone.

I only use it with my laptop because I use Windows Messenger as my SIP phone...

hypersensitiveZO6
06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I've got a Treo 650. I thought about buying a headset, until i considered the 80 bucks and the fact that you look like a startrekky.

beavis
06-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I hate it when I'm walking down the street and someone says, "Hello! How's it going?" and I look at them and say hi, and then they look at me funny and then I realize that they're wearing one of those things and then they laugh at me and say, "Hey, some dork thought I was talking to him" and then I find a rock and throw it at them after they pass by.

Actually, I don't hate the rock part.
Man that pisses me off too. Although it is funny to see their reaction to the "who the hell are you?" look I give them.

Logical
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
One of these.

http://images.google.com/images?q=bluetooth+earpiece&hl=en

Don't wear one of those either. Course I don't use my cell phone much at all, so it would not be worth the trouble. It does have itunes though so maybe I should get one instead of using the cords, nah that would not be stereo.

Jenny Gump
06-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I only see stupid men wearing these. Everytime I see one, I want to bitch slap him.

Stupid bluetooth wearing oatmeal eating f*cks.

cdcox
06-26-2006, 09:10 PM
I have seen those before. I have heard of bluetooth. But I never knew they were the same thing.

Donger
06-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I only see stupid men wearing these. Everytime I see one, I want to bitch slap him.

Salient point. I don't think I've ever seen a female using one.

unlurking
06-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I wear these, but only when driving. The bluetooth unit detaches from the shades.

Der Flöprer
06-26-2006, 09:49 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL F*cking priceless. If I didn't have the Gochiefs quote as my sig, I'd use this one.

Bob Dole
06-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Just because Bob Dole figures there are at least 5 assclowns who wear these annoying things that had already gone home yesterday before this was posted.

ck_IN
06-27-2006, 07:48 AM
<i>I only see stupid men wearing these. </i>

In a similar vein I only see self important posers wearing them. It's kinda like they're trying to impress everyone else with their self annointed importance.

Had a supervisor once who was always on one of those. The man didn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Mile High Mania
06-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm not sure where you guys live, but in Dallas... you see them all over - men and women. I have one (a Jabra, smaller than the one in the pic) and it rocks when I'm driving, but I don't wear it outside of that. It drives me nuts watching people walk around the store with that li'l flashing device on their ear.

I can hear better on this one than any of the others that I've had and the lack of a wire kicks ass. But, again... I only wear it when I'm driving.

Dartgod
06-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Salient point. I don't think I've ever seen a female using one.
There was a woman with one in the seat in front of me at the Royals game Saturday night. I think she spent more time talking on it than she did watching the game. I should have punched her in the back of the head.

ck_IN
06-27-2006, 08:44 AM
<i>There was a woman with one in the seat in front of me at the Royals game Saturday night. I think she spent more time talking on it than she did watching the game.</i>

In fairness it was a Royals game. Can you blame her for wanting a distraction? :deevee:

Bob Dole
06-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I should have punched her in the back of the head.

Yes, you should have.

StcChief
06-27-2006, 09:08 AM
the wired one works fine with push button on cord.
If i need it to drive in heavy traffic.
or just go with speaker on.

Fish
06-27-2006, 09:28 AM
We have an idiot at work that has one surgically implanted into the side of his head..... and the funny thing is, all he does is yell at his kids with it.....

Drives me batshit crazy.......

I've always thought it would be worth the money to buy a cell phone jammer and just walk through the plaza cutting these cyborg-wannabes off in the middle of their pointless conversations....

dtebbe
06-27-2006, 09:31 AM

I've never wanted one of these things until now...

htismaqe
06-27-2006, 09:34 AM
the wired one works fine with push button on cord.
If i need it to drive in heavy traffic.
or just go with speaker on.

Same here.

JimNasium
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I was with JennyGump in Mississippi and we spotted a guy in full cowboy garb wearing a bluetooth headset. It struck me as odd for some strange reason. I can see wearing one of these while driving but the idiots that wear these everywhere that they go are prime candidates for tEh nuthooks!!!1111!!!