PDA

View Full Version : Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (Chiefs apparel Rant)

Braincase
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Check this out... (http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1917163&cp=2237411.2237600.2246009&parentPage=family)

Decent little t-shirt... thought, y'know, maybe I'd like that... then I check the available sizes, and the only size available is Medium.

THE DAMN SHIRT SAYS XXL ON THE FRONT! That's a pet peave of mine, small/medium/large shirts that say they're XXL. Look, be proud of the size you are. I just happen to be an XXL, XXL-Tall if I can find 'em. You little bastards get to have a lot of fun these days reminding us that being big sucks alot of the time, i.e. flying in coach, trying to fit into a booth at a restaurant, trying to tuck our big asses into the back seat of your Honda... but let's be consistent people. If you're a medium, be a happy medium, same goes if you're a large. But when it's time for some XXL's to walk around, don't drop one of these shirts on and play pretend.

Dammit!

unlurking
06-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Hear! Hear!

CHENZ A!
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
People would look pretty funny with a M or an S on their shirts.

I wish I could find a white Chiefs stocking cap, and an Otis Taylor, or Buck Buchanon throwback(the kind with the long sleeves) for Pops. Anyone seen either?

Phobia
06-26-2006, 10:53 PM
I just gave away a Buchanon throwback for a promotion. They have them at sportsnuts - that's the only place I've seen 'em.

CHENZ A!
06-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Right on, Sportsnuts is where I got my DT jersey. Pop's favorite player was Otis, but he knew Buck personally, so he'd probably like either. I want to get him something nice to have his 25+ yr season ticket holder patch sewn on to.

SLAG
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Right on, Sportsnuts is where I got my DT jersey. Pop's favorite player was Otis, but he knew Buck personally, so he'd probably like either. I want to get him something nice to have his 25+ yr season ticket holder patch sewn on to.

Carl give you a Patch for 25+ years of loyal servitude?

Not even a buy 8 Home Games Get one Free Pretzel Deal?

greg63
06-26-2006, 11:13 PM

No money in it.

CHENZ A!
06-26-2006, 11:15 PM

Naw man, I don't turn 25 until December, but my dad has had season tickets since the old stadium. I think he should get a case of pretzels, of course he'd probably rather have a beer.

SLAG
06-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Naw man, I don't turn 25 until December, but my dad has had season tickets since the old stadium. I think he should get a case of pretzels, of course he'd probably rather have a beer.

Carl Says Management wont let him Comp any Alchohol but he can have his picture taken with KC Wolf.. or This Guy... http://www.georgeblowfish.com/lamemascot.jpg

greg63
06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Carl Says Management wont let him Comp any Alchohol but he can have his picture taken with KC Wolf.. or This Guy... http://www.georgeblowfish.com/lamemascot.jpg

Isn't that politically incorrect???

SLAG
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Isn't that politically incorrect???

Carl Says your Not a True Fan

greg63
06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Carl Says your Not a True Fan

ROFLROFLROFL

Well, I guess he'd know. :rolleyes:

Dunit35
06-27-2006, 12:25 AM
People would look pretty funny with a M or an S on their shirts.

I wish I could find a white Chiefs stocking cap, and an Otis Taylor, or Buck Buchanon throwback(the kind with the long sleeves) for Pops. Anyone seen either?

I have a white Chiefs stocking cap. Bought it off Ebay, it's really comfortable. Plain white with a arrowhead emblem on front.

Ultra Peanut
06-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Check this out... (http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1917163&cp=2237411.2237600.2246009&parentPage=family)

Decent little t-shirt... thought, y'know, maybe I'd like that... then I check the available sizes, and the only size available is Medium.

THE DAMN SHIRT SAYS XXL ON THE FRONT! That's a pet peave of mine, small/medium/large shirts that say they're XXL. Look, be proud of the size you are. I just happen to be an XXL, XXL-Tall if I can find 'em. You little bastards get to have a lot of fun these days reminding us that being big sucks alot of the time, i.e. flying in coach, trying to fit into a booth at a restaurant, trying to tuck our big asses into the back seat of your Honda... but let's be consistent people. If you're a medium, be a happy medium, same goes if you're a large. But when it's time for some XXL's to walk around, don't drop one of these shirts on and play pretend.

Dammit!I think this is their way of telling you to lose weight.

That or, you know, all of the other fat porkers already bought the XXLs. :p

XXL and "Property of" shirts are retarded, though.

Miles
06-27-2006, 12:36 AM
XXL and "Property of" shirts are retarded, though.

Agreed. Always thought they were very lame.

dtebbe
06-27-2006, 01:14 AM
You just need to save your money for my Dammit Carl t-shirts. $19.95 in any size you want, and you get to show that you are an educated chiefs fan, even if damnit is technically spelled wrong.

DT

cookster50
06-27-2006, 07:25 AM

Atleast a reacharound?

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2006, 07:47 AM
$25 for a plain, text t-shirt? Not even a ringer or anything? wow..

Jilly
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
NHL stuff is the same way and also, just so you know, if you order from there for your ladies, order up a size...they don't take into consideration that women have boobs, apparently.

Rain Man
06-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I thought it was just Roman Numerals for 30.

CHENZ A!
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I have a white Chiefs stocking cap. Bought it off Ebay, it's really comfortable. Plain white with a arrowhead emblem on front.

Thats exactly what I want, but every store, or online store only has red. :banghead: I'll check ebay, thanks man.