PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cardinals Tickets

Otis99
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
My parents are both retired and live in Phoenix. They are both interested in going to the Chiefs-Cards game on 10/08/06 along with some friends of theirs. My dad tells me that the game is sold out (first thought: Wow, a Cardinals home game sold out?!?!), but that he was under the impression that as a season ticket holder of the Chiefs I can buy seats to that game.

Is this true? Who would I need to talk to in order to get them?

Dunit35
06-27-2006, 03:32 PM
ebay is a good place to look.

Otis99
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
ebay is a good place to look.

I'm pretty sure my dad was thinking more along the lines of the fact that a certain quantity of tickets are reserved to any "sold out" games for various reasons, that have a certain amount of time to be actually bought and paid for before they are offered up for sale to the public. I believe that the opposing team has the rights to many of these tickets.

And he was hoping I could, as a season ticket holder, get my hands on some of those - to buy legitimately from the Cardinals organization via the Chiefs as opposed to going through a scalper, broker, or ebay.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
The Chiefs are alotted away game tickets, but they can only be sold in travel packages. Being a season ticket holder doesn't give you any edge, and you can't purchase tickets only.

ebay probably is your best bet.

StcChief
06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
My parents are both retired and live in Phoenix. They are both interested in going to the Chiefs-Cards game on 10/08/06 along with some friends of theirs. My dad tells me that the game is sold out (first thought: Wow, a Cardinals home game sold out?!?!), but that he was under the impression that as a season ticket holder of the Chiefs I can buy seats to that game.

Is this true? Who would I need to talk to in order to get them?

When season ticket packet appears, stuff about away games are in there...........

Your section assigned with team might be good / bad varies.

Talk to the Chiefs ticket office.

May/maynot do better on Ebay

Moooo
06-27-2006, 04:11 PM
My dad tells me that the game is sold out (first thought: Wow, a Cardinals home game sold out?!?!),

New stadiums will do that...

Moooo

vailpass
06-27-2006, 04:33 PM
New stadiums will do that...

Moooo

Along with Edgerin James, Matt Leinhart, the best young WR duo in the NFL, etc. For the first time in forever the Cardinals might have something building.

As to the original post: although the stadium is sold out there will be plenty of tickets to be scalped the day of the game. These are, after all, Arizona "fans". As long as Dallas isn't playing (every frijole-er in town will skip his monthly Western Union payment to see the Cowboys) you can get tickets.

If your folks aren't into scalping there are a bunch of KC game tickets here, starting at $24.ea.:
http://www.stubhub.com/arizona-cardinals-tickets/?event_id=280668

Moooo
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Along with Edgerin James, Matt Leinhart, the best young WR duo in the NFL, etc. For the first time in forever the Cardinals might have something building.

As to the original post: although the stadium is sold out there will be plenty of tickets to be scalped the day of the game. These are, after all, Arizona "fans". As long as Dallas isn't playing (every frijole-er in town will skip his monthly Western Union payment to see the Cowboys) you can get tickets.

If your folks aren't into scalping there are a bunch of KC game tickets here:
http://www.stubhub.com/arizona-cardinals-tickets/?event_id=280668

I still say its mostly about the roof...

Moooo

vailpass
06-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I still say its mostly about the roof...

Moooo

Of course you are correct, new stadiums help sell tickets. Still, they didn't sell out until the day after they drafted Leinhart. That week they sold several thousand tickets.
I'm not a Cardinal believer but they have some good things going for them right now including a coach who looks like Professor Clump with a pack of hot dogs on the back of his neck.