PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 trailer!

Douche Baggins
06-27-2006, 02:42 PM
In HD!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/hd/

FAX
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
What is a "bad public movie atom", Mr. GoChiefs?

FAX

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
NICE!

Definately looking forward to this flick.

Topher Grace as Venom though???

Deberg_1990
06-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Whats with the Black Spiderman? Im not familiar with the Spidey comics. Looks excellent though.

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Whats with the Black Spiderman? Im not familiar with the Spidey comics. Looks excellent though.

The black spiderman is a charachter known as Venom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28Spiderman_villain%29

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Meh. I'm not sure there's a more over-rated franchise than the Spiderman movies.

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Meh. I'm not sure there's a more over-rated franchise than the Spiderman movies.

Perhaps, but they are doing a pretty decent job of staying true to the comic.... and those of us who were fans of the comics just love to see this come to life.

Hulk on the other hand was a TERRIBLE piece of shat that needs the original prints thrown into an active volcano so that we can begin to heal.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Topher Grace would seem a good choice to play this character then. It looks like this film is going to have 3 villains then. Hobgoblin, Sandman and Venom.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Hulk on the other hand was a TERRIBLE piece of shat that needs the original prints thrown into an active volcano so that we can begin to heal.

I would have to agree. That wasnt Hulk. That was an Ang Lee arsty farsty Hulk. Hes a good filmaker, just wasnt a very good choice for that flick.

jspchief
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Perhaps, but they are doing a pretty decent job of staying true to the comic.... and those of us who were fans of the comics just love to see this come to life.

Hulk on the other hand was a TERRIBLE piece of shat that needs the original prints thrown into an active volcano so that we can begin to heal.I thought they were good movies, and certainly better than a lot of the other comic book movies that have been released recently.

I just think the hype around them is disproportionate with the quality of the movie. Of course, that's the hollywood hype machine more than anything else. The only way they could make it worse would be to cast that whore Tom Cruise.

Douche Baggins
06-27-2006, 03:22 PM

You're nuts. They're great fun.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Raimi was almost a perfect choice for director of Spidey. I still would have loved to have seen what James Cameron would have done. He had a script written in the mid 90's and wanted to direct at the time.

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought they were good movies, and certainly better than a lot of the other comic book movies that have been released recently.

I just think the hype around them is disproportionate with the quality of the movie. Of course, that's the hollywood hype machine more than anything else. The only way they could make it worse would be to cast that whore Tom Cruise.

I would agree.... the only comic books gone to movie theater series I have likes was X-Men and Spidey. The rest have really not done much for me at all.

I was a kid (read 4-5) when the Superman movies with Reeve came out and dont remember much about them other than Richard Pryor adding tar to some concoction and making cryptonite. I'm sure though that back in the day, Superman had as much hype around it as these other comics are getting now.

BTW, is it true that Marvel is trying to make superman gay? I had a friend who got to watch an early screening of the movie and said that there were some "gay" undertones in the movie.

He could just be pulling me leg but I wouldnt put it past them with Marvel turning Batgirl into a lesbian.

Cochise
06-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Re: black costume: (warning spoilers)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man#Alien_Costume_Saga

Cochise
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Let me add that I was a huge spider man fan when I was little - I thought the first movie was pretty good, but the second one sucked donkey balls. Really, really hard.

Rausch
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I would have to agree. That wasnt Hulk. That was an Ang Lee arsty farsty Hulk. Hes a good filmaker, just wasnt a very good choice for that flick.

1/2 the origin was dead on. The stuff with his father (abuse) and Banner's dealing with it. The $#it about nanotech and genetics and whatnot was just dumbassery. It's like they just couldn't settle on a believable origin.

I thought the look of the Hulk was good and the abilities (save his growing power....stupid) were spot on.

But WTF would you shoot 20 seconds of desert moss? WTF does that accomplish?

That and Bana was just HORRIBLE in the film. He was great in Munich and just lifeless and droll in HULK.

beavis
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM

FAX
I got the same thing. Try installing the latest version of Quicktime. Worked for me.

Spicy McHaggis
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM

I think it's still Spiderman. Peter Parker actually had the alien symbiote bound to him before he turned it away. That's when it found Eddie Brock and became Venom.

Edit: Further nerd note. The symbiote is also responsible for the creation of Carnage. Which would be one crazy movie should they ever do it.

tk13
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
DC produces Superman, not Marvel.

And Superman is not a gay character. That's just people overthinking things, as usual. Some people just have to turn things into some kinda homosexual allegory. I don't know why. Bryan Singer, the director, is gay... so that's where some of that comes from, but that's pretty unfounded. He himself said Superman was the most "hetero" character he's ever done, people were reading too much into things. It far more resembles a religious story, not a homosexual one. Singer himself said he believes Superman in a way represents the story of Moses.

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:49 PM
DC produces Superman, not Marvel.

That is what I meant to say. :)

JBucc
06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
It doesn't look like Venom is in this one at least from that trailer. That dissappoints me some. I guess they do him in the next one and I hope they do one with Carnage too.

tk13
06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
That is what I meant to say. :)
The Hulk will be along to chase you shortly. :)

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
It doesn't look like Venom is in this one at least from that trailer. That dissappoints me some. I guess they do him in the next one and I hope they do one with Carnage too.

IMDB (http://imdb.com/title/tt0413300/) has Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom.

JBucc
06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
IMDB (http://imdb.com/title/tt0413300/) has Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom.Yay! I might go see it now. I don't know why they chose him though. He doesn't seem like a very good Eddie Brock to me.

pr_capone
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Yay! I might go see it now. I don't know why they chose him though. He doesn't seem like a very good Eddie Brock to me.

THATS WHAT I SAID! ROFL

We shall have to wait and see though.... perhaps he is a more well rounded actor than we give him credit for. :D

kaplin42
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I just think the hype around them is disproportionate with the quality of the movie. .

JSP,

Please don't take this as an attack, just a question. I hear people make this comment all the time about movies of this type. What I don't understand is, what are people thinking when they go to see this movie. It is a movie based on a comic book superhero. In the genre of action/adventure/special effects/check your brain at the door and smile at the pretty colors. Why do people go to these types of movies and expect to see broadway play type of acting, when its obviously not that type of movie. The spider man series deserves exactly the amount of hype it gets, because its a fun, entertaining, visualy stunning film. Who cares if the acting is a little bit less than Kevin Spacey in They Usual Suspects.

Cochise
06-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Brock/Venom would require just the right person to do it. You'd need someone who is tough (Brock was a bodybuilder or something IIRC), but also could play someone criminally insane very well. Brock attempted suicide and lost his mind more than once it seems like. Venom would adhere strictly to his own twisted morals - he might exhibit compassion for a child, and then immediately afterwards kill someone he thought was deserving, according to his extreme standard of justice.

Venom will be hard to pull off, CGI-wise, without it looking cheesy, but if they did it would be an incredible movie. I mean, I don't know what is going on right now, but it seemed like for 5 years or so the costume and Brock/Venom/the other symbiotes were just as big a stars in the comics as Parker himself was.

Douche Baggins
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I think The Rock should play venom. Just never take the mask off. Let him be a faceless freak. CGI the tongue.

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/2876/henrivenomsized5wb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

FringeNC
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM

I agree. I thought they were relatively boring, and I generally like comic book movies. Well, the first one was okay. The second one wasn't very good. Movies were the superhero as a lot of self-pity don't do it for me. Ruined the last three Star Wars movies, too.

R&GHomer
06-27-2006, 04:31 PM

FAX

:banghead: I'm getting the same thing darnit. :deevee: I want to see it.

irishjayhawk
06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I meant to say this was on Superman Returns. Forgot to mention that.

JBucc
06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Brock/Venom would require just the right person to do it. You'd need someone who is tough (Brock was a bodybuilder or something IIRC), but also could play someone criminally insane very well. Brock attempted suicide and lost his mind more than once it seems like. Venom would adhere strictly to his own twisted morals - he might exhibit compassion for a child, and then immediately afterwards kill someone he thought was deserving, according to his extreme standard of justice.

Venom will be hard to pull off, CGI-wise, without it looking cheesy, but if they did it would be an incredible movie. I mean, I don't know what is going on right now, but it seemed like for 5 years or so the costume and Brock/Venom/the other symbiotes were just as big a stars in the comics as Parker himself was.That's why I don't get that skinny little nerd from That 70's Show playing as Brock. He's the anti Brock and too similar to the guy that plays Spiderman. I didn't even realize that was him until pr mentioned him.

HolmeZz
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Topher's going to be Venom. I like the casting of him for Eddie Brock, though it breaks away from the comics. I think Raimi just wanted Brock/Venom to be like a mirror image of Peter/Spidey, only evil. I like it.

Tribal Warfare
06-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I think The Rock should play venom. Just never take the mask off. Let him be a faceless freak. CGI the tongue.

IMO I think Deisel would've been perfect

Fire Me Boy!
06-27-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/superma4.jpg

FAX
06-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. Your name has changed!

FAX THE OBSERVANT

Fire Me Boy!
06-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. Your name has changed!

FAX THE OBSERVANT
Yeah, it didn't take long for me to want my name back.

FAX
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it didn't take long for me to want my name back.

Well, at least it was your decision, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. Using my incredible, special powers of observation, I have also noted that, upon occasion, names can be changed around here without either notice or the prior approval of the namee.

It's like musical chairs.

Only without the music ... or the chairs ... okay, it's not like musical chairs.

FAX