PDA

View Full Version : "Hadji girl" Marine won't be punished

Bootlegged
06-28-2006, 08:47 AM
I can hear the anger seething from Will Dunham as he wrote this piece...hahaha.

By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military will not punish a Marine who performed an obscenity-laced song to a laughing and cheering crowd of fellow troops in Iraq making light of killing Iraqis, the Marine Corps said on Tuesday.

The Marines two weeks ago launched a preliminary inquiry into whether Cpl. Joshua Belile, who returned home from Iraq in March, violated military law or rules in singing the song, a four-minute video of which was posted on the Internet.

In the song, titled "hadji girl," Belile sang to fellow troops at a base in Iraq about encountering an Iraqi woman and her family.

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally," he sang. Laughing, clapping and cheers can be heard in the background.

"The preliminary inquiry has been concluded. No punitive action will be taken against Corporal Belile. And there will be no further investigation," said Maj. Shawn Haney, a spokeswoman at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in North Carolina.

Haney said the inquiry ruled out any violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Another Marine Corps official, who asked not to be named because details of the inquiry are private, said poor taste, poor judgment and poor timing, not to mention offensive lyrics, do not necessarily amount to criminal conduct.

Belile, who is stationed at Marine Corps Air Station New River in North Carolina and is a member of a band called the Sweater Kittenz, this month apologized if the song hurt anyone's feelings.

He told the Daily News in Jacksonville, North Carolina, the song was "supposed to be funny," with lyrics based on lines from the 2004 satirical movie "Team America: World Police."

The video's existence came to light at a time when the military is investigating the role of Marines in the deaths of 24 civilians in the city of Haditha in November. Last week, the military charged seven Marines and a Navy medic with premeditated murder in the killing of an Iraqi civilian in April.

Bootlegged
06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2058313056450546087

HC_Chief
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Good. It was a JOKE. An OBVIOUS joke. You'd have to be an islamofascist or panty-waste sandy-vag <i>looking</i> for something to "offend" you to get your panties in a bind about that song.

Nightwish
06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Good. It was a JOKE. An OBVIOUS joke. You'd have to be an islamofascist or panty-waste sandy-vag looking for something to "offend" you to get your panties in a bind about that song.I agree. It was definitely a very stupid and tasteless thing for the guy to do, but it wasn't criminal.

HC_Chief
06-28-2006, 09:50 AM
I agree. It was definitely a very stupid and tasteless thing for the guy to do, but it wasn't criminal.

Stupid? I disagree there... it was a spur of the moment "hey dude, sing that funny song!" thing.

Tasteless? Hell yes. :D

I loved the way he worked Team America's "derka derka derka" speak into the song. I don't remember hearing all the outrage when that movie came out... or perhaps I wasn't paying attention? I'm sure <i>somebody</i> got their panties in a wad over it... it's basically the same.

Nightwish
06-28-2006, 09:53 AM
I loved the way he worked Team America's "derka derka derka" speak into the song. I don't remember hearing all the outrage when that movie came out... or perhaps I wasn't paying attention? I'm sure somebody got their panties in a wad over it... it's basically the same.
That's because Trey and Matt are untouchable! That, and the movie sucked so bad that nobody bothered.

HC_Chief
06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
That's because Trey and Matt are untouchable! That, and the movie sucked so bad that nobody bothered.

BLASPHEMY! :D

patteeu
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Good. It shouldn't have even required an investigation other than watching the video and seeing that it was just a politically incorrect song.