PDA

View Full Version : A team in LA.

bogie
06-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Collin Cowherd (sp?) made a good point today about a team coming to LA. Many people that live in LA are from somewhere else, so they already have a favorite team. If you're from Kansas City, you support the Chiefs. LA supports 32 teams. They probably wouldn't get much support from me. Unless the Chiefs were visiting LA, I'll be at home watching the Chiefs on TV. I believe they would fill the stadium, but it may be mostly native Californians that would attend. It would be nice if a team came here, but I would probably only go once a year, max.

DaKCMan AP
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I would not support a team in LA.

but that might be because I live in FL.

Moooo
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Even if 75% of the people for LA were from somewhere else, that would still leave 5,000,000 fans, which is a good fanbase.

This doesn't pan out, or there wouldn't be so many who cheer for the Lakers. They're fairweather fans, that's all.

Moooo

Brock
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
They're going to get the Raiders back whether they want them or not.

JBucc
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't care whether there's a team in LA or not as long as it doesn't affect the Chiefs in a bad way.

DaKCMan AP
06-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I think they should put a team in Utah. They have nothing else to do there and only 1 major sports franchise in the NBA.

bogie
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
They're going to get the Raiders back whether they want them or not.

That would really, really suck.

TinyEvel
06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I live here and I've been a Chiefs fan since 1993.
Before that, I didin't really watch football, but I knew that I hated the Raiders.
I think they're the unofficial team out here.
Man, it was awesome being in a lake of black&silver, watching LJ make "The dive" and seeing the place clear out in five seconds.
I think we have too many diversions out here. The culture here seems to be one of a very short attention span.

StcChief
06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I live here and I've been a Chiefs fan since 1993.
Before that, I didin't really watch football, but I knew that I hated the Raiders.
I think they're the unofficial team out here.
Man, it was awesome being in a lake of black&silver, watching LJ make "The dive" and seeing the place clear out in five seconds.
I think we have too many diversions out here. The culture here seems to be one of a very short attention span.

My Cousins said that 20 year ago. Why the Lambs left and Raiders.

Too many other things to do on Sunday after noon than be in a stadium
where it's warm watching FB....

I hadn't thought of the 'transplanted' fans that already pull for the other
teams....

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 04:02 PM
If the Chiefs played in LA I would be a season ticket holder.

StcChief
06-28-2006, 04:17 PM

Yeah. KC fanbase is gonna have to pull a Royals and not show because the team is loosy. That 25 year lease at Arrowhead. will keep them around.

I don't see a team in LA except, SD Chargers could move to LA if their stadium plan goes south.

The Saints maybe if another Hurricane destroys the Superdome.

Moooo
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't see a team in LA except, SD Chargers could move to LA if their stadium plan goes south.

As a non SD fan, this makes really good sense. I know if I was probably a fan I'd be ticked they were moving my ability to see a game away from me, but as far as television and stuff, it makes perfect sense.

Moooo

Bob Dole
06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
I think they should put a team in Utah. They have nothing else to do there and only 1 major sports franchise in the NBA.

Nothing to do?

It's obvious you've never had 4 wives.

DaKCMan AP
06-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Nothing to do?

Have you seen what polygamists' wives look like?

Moooo
06-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Nothing to do?

Niice...

Moooo

TinyEvel
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM

And I could cancel the DIRECTV/NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan setup I just paid something like ($650: NFL stuff + HD/DVR) for and will be put in Saturday.
:banghead: :cuss:

Bob Dole
06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Have you seen what polygamists' wives look like?

If you make sure that they all have different colored hair, on their hands and knees you can make them be anyone you want them to be.

Hello - commatard on the loose.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2006, 04:51 PM
And I could cancel the DIRECTV/NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan setup I just paid something like ($650: NFL stuff + HD/DVR) for and will be put in Saturday.

I still want one of your setups, seriously.

TinyEvel
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I still want one of your setups, seriously.

I don't get it.

How you gonna poach my DTV from 150 miles away? You'd have to lay more cable than Wilt Chamberlin.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2006, 05:11 PM

$650? How many and how much did they charge for each HD DVR box?

TinyEvel
06-28-2006, 05:25 PM
$650? How many and how much did they charge for each HD DVR box?

The NFL Sunday Ticket was 229 (the "early bird special" netted me a HUGE $20 savings!)
Superfan: 99 bucks

The HD/DVR unit is $299 (after $100 instant rebate) plus tax.

I looked into buying the unit online (best price I found for a new, unopened box from a reputable seller was $347) and the DTV rep. said they wouldn't activate that box because it didn't come from them. WTF??!! :cuss:

I just bit the bullet and paid the lease.

I figure you gotta just walk in there and figure you're going to grab your ankles regardless. It was time to get off the phone and go back to increasing the GNP. That was more important than trying to save 50 bucks and hope it would work.

So, you're practically my neighbor. You can come over to watch some games.
only $20 a pop! Otherwise we should hit the Whaler for one of the biggies. Raiduhs or Chargers in KC.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2006, 05:35 PM
The NFL Sunday Ticket was 229 (the "early bird special" netted me a HUGE $20 savings!)
Superfan: 99 bucks

The HD/DVR unit is $299 (after $100 instant rebate) plus tax.

I looked into buying the unit online (best price I found for a new, unopened box from a reputable seller was $347) and the DTV rep. said they wouldn't activate that box because it didn't come from them. WTF??!! :cuss:

I just bit the bullet and paid the lease.

I figure you gotta just walk in there and figure you're going to grab your ankles regardless. It was time to get off the phone and go back to increasing the GNP. That was more important than trying to save 50 bucks and hope it would work.

So, you're practically my neighbor. You can come over to watch some games.
only $20 a pop! Otherwise we should hit the Whaler for one of the biggies. Raiduhs or Chargers in KC.

Oh hey, thanks dude, but I've had the package for 3 years running. I've got 3 HD Tivo units (though they'll be replaced in August with all the new equipment) and bought them all off of Ebay. They are made by Direct TV so whoever told you that was lying. I did pay more though, like $369 for one recently and $400 for a couple others. It sounds like they've gone down in price again, which is cool because I'll need another unit soon.

We'll definitely try to hook up at some point this season. Thanks again for the offer.

DaKCMan AP
06-29-2006, 06:56 AM
If you make sure that they all have different colored hair, on their hands and knees you can make them be anyone you want them to be.

Hello - commatard on the loose.

ROFL