PDA

View Full Version : Israel is a Bad MoFo...

vailpass
06-28-2006, 05:21 PM
And I bet the exiled leader of Hamas hates them like no tomorrow.

Direct link’ between Syria, Hamas (cont'd.)
Israeli airplanes flew over a residence belonging to Assad near the Mediterranean port city of Latakia in northwestern Syria, military officials confirmed, citing the “direct link” between Syria and Hamas. Israeli television reports said four planes were involved in the low-altitude flight, and that Assad was there at the time.

As for Mashaal, Israeli Justice Minister Haim Ramon said the hard-line Hamas leader, who appears to be increasingly at odds with more moderate Hamas politicians in Gaza, is in Israel’s sights for assassination.

“Khaled Mashaal, as someone who is overseeing, actually commanding the terror acts, is definitely a target,” Ramon told Army Radio.

Israel tried to kill Mashaal in a botched assassination attempt in Jordan in 1997. Two Mossad agents injected Mashaal with poison, but were caught. As Mashaal lay in a Jordanian hospital, King Hussein of Jordan forced Israel to provide the antidote in return for the release of the Mossad agents. :eek:

Is that some hardcore sh*t or what? King Hussein stepped up and played the hero for his boy. I'm guessing as long as this guy runs the show Hamas won't be Israeli-friendly any time soon.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13580436/page/2/

SLAG
06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
i've been to Latakia .... It was interesting I didnt see any low flying planes.... that was also before the united states forced King Hussein to name Abdullah as Heir right before his Mystery Death- Abdullah didnt even know arabic when he was elected

Donger
06-28-2006, 05:42 PM
i've been to Latakia .... It was interesting I didnt see any low flying planes.... that was also before the united states forced King Hussein to name Abdullah as Heir right before his Mystery Death- Abdullah didnt even know arabic when he was elected

Are you talking about Syria?

SLAG
06-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Are you talking about Syria?
Yes Latakia Syria,

It was interesting to say the least.. that city is a run town tourist town, Looks like they used to really thrive on tourist's but now everything is kind of run down and out of date (almost like the rest of the country)

a fresh tourist in Latakia is like Fresh human blood in shark infested waters.....

they flock to you and want you to buy all their crap. and offer you crappy chalet's on the beach

TinyEvel
06-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Yes Latakia Syria,

a fresh tourist in Latakia is like Fresh human blood in shark infested waters.....

they flock to you and want you to buy all their crap. and offer you crappy chalet's on the beach

Wait, is Latakia in Mexico?

Donger
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes Latakia Syria,

It was interesting to say the least.. that city is a run town tourist town, Looks like they used to really thrive on tourist's but now everything is kind of run down and out of date (almost like the rest of the country)

Oh. I thought you were talking about Jordan.

chagrin
06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh. I thought you were talking about Jordan.

Me, also, thinks he's confused

SLAG
06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Me, also, thinks he's confused

It was a random Jumble of a run on sentance...

i was making 2 seperate comments..

One about the City of Latakia Syria and how it is Touristy sucky but nice scenery.

then another comment about the Previous King Of Jordan and how His son abduallah came to power..... I find the whole situation suspisious. (i cant spell ask goatcheeze)

Donger
06-28-2006, 08:14 PM
then another comment about the Previous King Of Jordan and how His son abduallah came to power..... I find the whole situation suspisious. (i cant spell ask goatcheeze)

Are you referring to the present King of Jordan, Abdullah II? Or, Abdullah I?

SLAG
06-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Are you referring to the present King of Jordan, Abdullah II? Or, Abdullah I?

I am talking about How the Present King came to be in power....

for the VAST Majority of his father's Reign his older brother was listed as heir to the throne.... very suddenly the king became very "sick" and on his "death bed" he requested that the younger son be king....

Now the younger Prince (now King) had not lived or been raised in jordan at all.... he attended european schools and spoke fluent english, he is married to an American -(hint hint) - Queen Noor- Once again he had to learn arabic once he was king because he didnt know it.

milkman
06-28-2006, 08:23 PM
It was a random Jumble of a run on sentance...

i was making 2 seperate comments..

One about the City of Latakia Syria and how it is Touristy sucky but nice scenery.

Speling es overated.

SLAG
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Speling es overated.

I know.. I lost the spelling bee

Donger
06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I am talking about How the Present King came to be in power....

for the VAST Majority of his father's Reign his older brother was listed as heir to the throne.... very suddenly the king became very "sick" and on his "death bed" he requested that the younger son be king....

Now the younger Prince (now King) had not lived or been raised in jordan at all.... he attended european schools and spoke fluent english, he is married to an American -(hint hint) - Queen Noor- Once again he had to learn arabic once he was king because he didnt know it.

That's an amazingly bad recital.

1) His father, King Hussein, was married four times, the last to Queen Noor, who was American by birth, IIRC. His son, then Prince, now King Abdullah II, is married to an Kuwaiti-born, Jordanian raised wife, Queen Rania (who's VERY attractive). So, that's wrong.

2) His father, King Hussein, had cancer for many years. It wasn't sudden by any stretch. In fact, he received treatment at Mayo in Minnesota a few times. So, that's wrong.

3) His son, the present king Abdullah II, has spoken Arabic since a young age. Yes, he was educated in England, but he has spoken fluent Arabic long before his rise to the throne. So, that's wrong.

4) King Hussein's successor was to be his brother, not Abdullah's brother. In his will, Hussein decreed that his heir should be his son, not his brother, so that's wrong.

SLAG
06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
That's an amazingly bad recital.

1) His father, King Hussein, was married four times, the last to Queen Noor, who was American by birth, IIRC. His son, then Prince, now King Abdullah II, is married to an Kuwaiti-born, Jordanian raised wife, Queen Rania (who's VERY attractive). So, that's wrong.

2) His father, King Hussein, had cancer for many years. It wasn't sudden by any stretch. In fact, he received treatment at Mayo in Minnesota a few times. So, that's wrong.

3) His son, the present king Abdullah II, has spoken Arabic since a young age. Yes, he was educated in England, but he has spoken fluent Arabic long before his rise to the throne. So, that's wrong.

4) King Hussein's successor was to be his brother, not Abdullah's brother. In his will, Hussein decreed that his heir should be his son, not his brother, so that's wrong.

Ok i did have some of my story mixed up... .. I regress.... I will come back once i have gathered a few more facts... i prematurely released

Donger
06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Ok i did have some of my story mixed up... .. I regress.... I will come back once i have gathered a few more facts... i prematurely released

Are you not the 20 year old with two kids?

SLAG
06-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Are you not the 20 year old with two kids?

22 now :harumph:

anyway... My understanding was skewed but i just contacted the original source of info and he agreed with most of what you said and i was wrong.. but there is controversy over King Hussein's Death... and how quickly Abdullah II was named Crown Prince....

the people of Jordan were shocked....

also about his Arabic... When he made is first speech to the people of the HKJ his Arabic was very bad and very broken..... it did not look good to the people at the time....

Abdullah became king on February 7, 1999, upon the death of his father King Hussein. Hussein had recently named him Crown Prince on January 24, replacing Hussein's brother Hassan who had served many years in the position. The decision was not universally popular. Abdullah's mother, Antoinette Avril Gardiner (commonly referred to as Toni Avril Gardiner), was British by birth, whereas the Jordanian Constitution stipulated that the King should be of an Arab mother and father — hence Abdullah was technically disqualified by the Constitution from taking the throne.