PDA

View Full Version : AMBER ALERT: Kodiak and Kennerik Brown

Fire Me Boy!
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/kshb/nw_local_news/article/0,1925,KSHB_9424_4809341,00.html

AMBER ALERT: Kodiak and Kennerik Brown

LINN, Mo. The Osage County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for two children who allegedly were abducted by their non-custodial father.

Kodiak and Kennerik Brown were last seen at 6 p.m. Wednesday at their grandparents' residence in Linn, Mo.

Kodiak, 3, is described as a white boy with brown hair, standing 3-foot-1 and 32 pounds. He was last wearing a light-colored shirt and black and red shoes. Kennerik, 9-months, is a white boy with brown hair, approximately 26 inches tall and weighing 17 pounds. He was last seen wearing a yellow one-piece infant outfit with blue socks.

The suspect is their father, Keith Brown, 49. He is a former law enforcement officer and authorities say he may be armed. They believe he might be en route to Texas. He is a white man with brown hair (mostly bald), brown eyes, standing 6-foot and 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, checkered shirt, brown pants and a fanny pack.

Police say the suspect fled in an unknown direction of travel in a blue 2006 Dodge Caravan minivan, bearing Texas tags 083-LGC.

If you have any information, call the Osage County Sheriff's Department at (573) 897-2285.

Fire Me Boy!
06-28-2006, 11:13 PM
http://mas.scripps.com/KSHB/2006/06/29/brown_e.jpg

Bwana
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Kodiak?

Phobia
06-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Kodiak?

His grandfather was known as Skoal.

Moooo
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM

He was a bandit...

Moooo

Simplex3
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
I'd love to know the rest of the story here. Is the guy considered a threat to his children? Was the mother interferring with his visitation rights? Did the courts allow the mother to move and he couldn't follow? This "news release" leaves a lot to be desired.

Bwana
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM

No shit. :shake:

Baconeater
06-28-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd love to know the rest of the story here. Is the guy considered a threat to his children? Was the mother interferring with his visitation rights? Did the courts allow the mother to move and he couldn't follow? This "news release" leaves a lot to be desired.
Those are pretty much my thoughts every time one of these deals come up. I thought they were for kids who are abducted by unknown person(s), not ones stuck in the middle of a custody battle.

Moooo
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM

The authorities don't want any sort of judgement calls to be made by someone who could potentially help return these children to safety, whether that be temporary foster care or back to the mother.

I agree with you, but the guy still kidnapped the kids... Get him in custody, get the kids into safety, and then decide whether his actions are deserving or not.

The guy was a former cop, so he does know what he's doing...

Moooo