PDA

View Full Version : 10 lbs lighter...

luv
06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
And still going strong! This changing your diet isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I've had four sodas in the past month, and don't really miss it. :)

Moooo
06-29-2006, 01:42 AM
WOOT WOOT!!!

Not to burst your bubble, but what's so wrong with being a bigger girl? Just do this for yourself, and not to change other people's opinions of you. If you do that, everything will be good.

Once again... WOOT WOOT!!!

Moooo

luv
06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
WOOT WOOT!!!

Not to burst your bubble, but what's so wrong with being a bigger girl? Just do this for yourself, and not to change other people's opinions of you. If you do that, everything will be good.

Once again... WOOT WOOT!!!

Moooo
Actually, there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're content. Once I stopped focusing on how I looked, and started focusing on how I felt, this diet thing has been a breeze!

pr_capone
06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Good job! Loosing weight can be a bitch.

In order to enlist in the Army, I dropped 60 pounds in 2 months (no shit). I have never lost weight since then... just packed it back on after my discharge.

alanm
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Good for you luv. Now if you can cut sugar and sweets(Chocolate) out entirely and get your metabolism running at high speed you'll be amazed at how fast the lbs come off.

luv
06-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Good for you luv. Now if you can cut sugar and sweets(Chocolate) out entirely and get your metabolism running at high speed you'll be amazed at how fast the lbs come off.
Yeah, cutting back on sweets isn't really a problem, but I am a chocoholic. Especially during, well, that time of the month. I crave it. I've been doing better about it though.

greg63
06-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Congrats luv! :toast:

Count Alex's Wins
06-29-2006, 01:54 AM
10 pounds? Did you recently take a dump?

Moooo
06-29-2006, 01:55 AM

Okay, NOW I can go to bed... Just had to make sure the world was still spinning...

Moooo

greg63
06-29-2006, 01:57 AM

Yeah, she cloned you. :p

pr_capone
06-29-2006, 01:59 AM
ROFL

big nasty kcnut
06-29-2006, 02:36 AM
Good job luv sweetie don't listen to idiots you rock and keep doing good on the weight loss.

tk13
06-29-2006, 02:47 AM
Keep up the good work. You really can do stuff like this if you put your mind to it. Plus it helps out the ol' self-esteem. Keep working at it.

Tactical Funky
06-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Congrats. :)

I used to be overweight, but simply by stopping my soda and fast food habits I lost the pounds rather quickly.

Guru
06-29-2006, 03:28 AM

Wait.... I thought only Rich Scanlon achieved human cloning?

J Diddy
06-29-2006, 03:57 AM
And still going strong! This changing your diet isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I've had four sodas in the past month, and don't really miss it. :)

Congrats.

Get it girl.

KcMizzou
06-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Grats Luv... good luck to ya.

KcMizzou
06-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Keep up the good work. You really can do stuff like this if you put your mind to it. Plus it helps out the ol' self-esteem. Keep working at it.that's true.. the more you work at it, the more self esteem you get. The more self esteem you get, the more you work at it... etc.

StcChief
06-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Good for you. I dumped soda years ago.

Lin Elliot
06-29-2006, 07:17 AM
One time when I was home visiting my folks, my mom asked me to set the table for dinner. I opened the refrigerator and taped to the inside of the door was a risqué picture of a lovely, slender, perfectly built, but scantily-clad young woman.

"Mom, what's this?" I asked.

"Oh, I put that up there to remind me not to over-eat," she answered.

"Is it working?" I asked.

"Yes and no," she explained. "I've lost 15 pounds, but your dad has gained 20!"

bkkcoh
06-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Ok, this thread is worthless without pictures. Before and after..... come on now.... :clap: :toast: And preferrably of you...... :)

Mr. Kotter
06-29-2006, 08:06 AM

Keep up the good work, kiddo.

Sodas once or twice a week, will keep the craving away.

MOhillbilly
06-29-2006, 08:08 AM

dont lie. just admit you have a problem.
http://www.velostuf.com/Stronglight%20Crank.jpg

morphius
06-29-2006, 08:12 AM
Keep up the good work Luv!

Congrats!

DaKCMan AP
06-29-2006, 08:14 AM
keep on going..

although i've never been overweight i gave up soda about 5 years ago. I've probably had about 10-15 since then. The longer you stay away the less you'll miss it.

Predarat
06-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Keep it up and I agree with moooo, but it sounds like you do to! Its hard to loose wieght and takes a lot of dicipline.

Rain Man
06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I think I've had four sodas in the past hour. Homeless people hang out with me just for the cans.

greg63
06-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Wait.... I thought only Rich Scanlon achieved human cloning?

Human; yes....

luv
06-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Keep it up and I agree with moooo, but it sounds like you do to! Its hard to loose wieght and takes a lot of dicipline.
Well, there's a difference between "bigger" and "big". I could stand to lose more weight and still be considered "bigger". I will never be a skinny chick. I just don't think that looks good.

Cutting back on soda has given me more energy, which is weird because that was basically the main reason I drank it. I hate coffee and tea, so that was my source of caffeine. I've been sleeping better, too. I think that's helped my energy level.

Next course of action is to cut out fast food. I eat out too much instead of cooking for one. However, I'm working on going broke, which is helping with not eating out as much.

Oh yeah, and thanks for all of the encouragement, you all.

ChiefButthurt
06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Excellent Luv!! Keep it up, it's really tough to lose weight. You should be proud of yourself.

Inspector
06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Pretty soon you'll be too busy to talk to all the fatties here on Chiefsplanet.

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Just one bit of advice though:
Never run with a sharp stick in your hand. You could fall and poke your eye out.

Rain Man
06-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, there's a difference between "bigger" and "big". I could stand to lose more weight and still be considered "bigger". I will never be a skinny chick. I just don't think that looks good.

Cutting back on soda has given me more energy, which is weird because that was basically the main reason I drank it. I hate coffee and tea, so that was my source of caffeine. I've been sleeping better, too. I think that's helped my energy level.

Next course of action is to cut out fast food. I eat out too much instead of cooking for one. However, I'm working on going broke, which is helping with not eating out as much.

I wish I could improve my life like this. I pretty much just sit and work and eat Peanut M&Ms.

greg63
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I wish I could improve my life like this. I pretty much just sit and work and eat Peanut M&Ms.

If you're like me; you're on that "see" food diet. :D

4th and Long
06-29-2006, 11:49 AM
[Rain Man]Oh, and I let all of you do my work for me, evey time I post a thread with a poll in it.[/Rain Man]

4th and Long
06-29-2006, 11:50 AM
If you're like me; you're on that "see" food diet. :D
The Doctor told me I needed to watch my weight, so, I put it out where I could see it!

greg63
06-29-2006, 11:52 AM
The Doctor told me I needed to watch my weight, so, I put it out where I could see it!

ROFLROFLROFL

Rep! Not that ya need it! :D

bogie
06-29-2006, 11:52 AM

Just live a healthy life style and let your weight settle where it will. That is the perfect weight for you.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I get on a diet for a week then eat a whole carton of ice cream.

4th and Long
06-29-2006, 11:56 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Rep! Not that ya need it! :D
Nah. I don't need it. Thanks thought. :) I did, however, forget to mention that the Doctor also looked at my belly and told me I needed to diet. I told him, "No thanks. I like it the color it is." :D

bogie
06-29-2006, 11:57 AM
If I had to watch my weight, I'd be a fat SOB.

luv
06-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Nah. I don't need it. Thanks thought. :) I did, however, forget to mention that the Doctor also looked at my belly and told me I needed to diet. I told him, "No thanks. I like it the color it is." :D
:shake:

4th and Long
06-29-2006, 12:00 PM
:shake:
:spock:

luv
06-29-2006, 12:01 PM
:spock:
Shaking my head at your attempts at being funny. :p

Fruit Ninja
06-29-2006, 12:04 PM
gratz for you girl. I was damn near 400 lbs myself, but i am down to about 220 now. hehe. I had to dosomething about it. Shit wasnt healthy at all. To manynights playing computer games with pizza pockets.lol

I just cut out all grease basically. No fried foods,ate tons of cereal lol. Baked Fish, rotisserie chicken. Tuna outta the can. its not fun trying to lose weight, and the eating sucks big time. Its justa matter of discipline. It gets easier as time goes by.

luv
06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
gratz for you girl. I was damn near 400 lbs myself, but i am down to about 220 now. hehe. I had to dosomething about it. Shit wasnt healthy at all. To manynights playing computer games with pizza pockets.lol

I just cut out all grease basically. No fried foods,ate tons of cereal lol. Baked Fish, rotisserie chicken. Tuna outta the can. its not fun trying to lose weight, and the eating sucks big time. Its justa matter of discipline. It gets easier as time goes by.
Another problem I have is eating when I'm bored. I could go a whole day without hardly eating anything if I was busy. I've been getting out and doing more with my time. Still today, I have errands to run before going to work.

MOhillbilly
06-29-2006, 12:07 PM
my mom was 347(you laugh or make a joke and ill hunt you down at the next game youre at) 2 years ago and is 137# now.

luv
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
my mom was 347(you laugh or make a joke and ill hunt you down at the next game youre at) 2 years ago and is 137# now.
My goal is 175. Congrats to your mom. Did you put her on a workout regimen? :p

That's directed at you, not your mom.

bogie
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Conratulations to you Luv and to you as well kcxiv.

Fruit Ninja
06-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Another problem I have is eating when I'm bored. I could go a whole day without hardly eating anything if I was busy. I've been getting out and doing more with my time. Still today, I have errands to run before going to work.yep, i know how that is. I get bored, n i tend to hit up the fridge. see a bag of potatoes and some sirloin burger pattties and uh oh. burgers n fries.lol

Its hard it really is, but everyone can do it. I look in the mirror now n i look all sucked up. but i dont do drugs lol

greg63
06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Are you on a particular diet luv, or just exercising and watching what you eat?

luv
06-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Are you on a particular diet luv, or just exercising and watching what you eat?
Cutting out soda, and eating the same foods basically, just smaller portions.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 01:30 PM

Today at Wendy's I'll get the Biggie Size instead of the double Biggie Size just for you!

luv
06-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Today at Wendy's I'll get the Biggie Size instead of the double Biggie Size just for you!
I went there the other day and ordered a frescata (love the turkey and swiss) combo. They asked me small, medum or large. I'm like WTF? I said medium. Damn, that drink was big! When did they start doing the Hardee's thing?

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I went there the other day and ordered a frescata (love the turkey and swiss) combo. They asked me small, medum or large. I'm like WTF? I said medium. Damn, that drink was big! When did they start doing the Hardee's thing?

When they realized there are more fat people in the world than skinny. I have been meaning to try the frescata. Is it good? BTW, Congrats on the 10 lbs! :clap:

luv
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
When they realized there are more fat people in the world than skinny. I have been meaning to try the frescata. Is it good? BTW, Congrats on the 10 lbs! :clap:
Great alternative to a burger. I have cut way back on my red meat. I usually get chicken, but tire of that occasionally too. I like the turkey and swiss. A friend of mine really likes the club. If I'm going inside, I get a side salad or baked potato to go with it. I'm usually in the car though, so I get the fries. I've gotten to where I can only eat half of them though! And thanks.

greg63
06-29-2006, 02:00 PM

One would be surprised at just how much that helps.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
One would be surprised at just how much that helps.

One soda is 150 calories, so if you drink 4 a day, that's 600 calories, or basically a very full meal.

If you drank 4 a day and then stopped, you would lose about a pound a week, until your body reached equilibrium again, of course.

Moooo

HC_Chief
06-29-2006, 02:44 PM

WOW

That's an amazing achievement! She should be very proud. :thumb:

Baby Lee
06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
You sucked all the funny out of that one. Though I guess it would be necessary if you are a girl. . . :shrug:

It's supposed to be the doctor looking you over bod, when he exclaims "Lawd you're fat. When's the last time you seen yer willy?"
You shrug.
"Well maybe you should diet."
you exclaim "WHY!?!?, what color is it now?!!"

Jilly
06-29-2006, 04:17 PM
congrats Luv. I noticed the other day at mcdonald's they now have the nutritional value of all their food right there on the wrapper and on the box of fries. I'll have to admit, I could only eat half after seeing what was going in my body.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Congrats luv, keep up the great work!

Mohillbilly - Congrats to your Mom, that is awesome!!

Jenny Gump
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Congratulations!

morphius
06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
congrats Luv. I noticed the other day at mcdonald's they now have the nutritional value of all their food right there on the wrapper and on the box of fries. I'll have to admit, I could only eat half after seeing what was going in my body.
The fries are what really get you there, and God forbid you have a shake.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Congrats! Don't give up!

Jenny Gump
06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
The fries are what really get you there, and God forbid you have a shake.

I have a shake no one has complained about. And its 0 calories.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I have a shake no one has complained about. And its 0 calories.

Do your milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard?

Moooo