PDA

View Full Version : McCain, Feingold Co-Sponsor Chain Of Integrity-Themed Eateries

Baby Lee
06-29-2006, 10:55 AM
The Onion - at it again (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49841)
I chuckled, and thought I'd share.

Excerpt

Other menu items at Russ & John's include the "All You Can, In Good Conscience, Eat" buffet; Grandma's Favorite Mashed Potatoes, which comes with gravy, coleslaw, and a signed affidavit from Irene Feingold, the senator's paternal grandmother, confirming that they are, in fact, her favorite mashed potatoes; and John's Hot & Spicy Jalapeņo Poppers.

In an effort to avoid the "thinly veiled bribery" found in the majority of restaurants, Russ & John's prohibit tips, disparaging them as "the worst kind of soft money," according to the "Message From The Founders" on the restaurant's menu. Instead, management will distribute company-issued "server grants," intended to prevent undue influence on the waitstaff's performance and ensure that every customer receives the same quality service.

McCain said the staff has been trained to deliver "straight talk" to customers.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Gives new meaning to the term 'hungry fo power." :eek:

FringeNC
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
That's pretty funny.

Here's a good link where the former FEC chairman just brutalizes John McCain:

http://www.reason.com/0512/fe.bs.john.shtml

I think McCain - Feingold makes it impossible for McCain to get the nomination.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM

Now that's pretty funny too! ROFL

Cochise
06-29-2006, 11:21 AM
haha - Now, as ill-conceived and silly as McCain/Feingold was, I doubt if the average voter can even spell campaign finance reform. I remember seeing an issue ranking poll once that had it ranked as the 14th most important issue to voters during the 2000 election.

It's just not a traction issue. Few people care. Fewer understand it. Nobody votes on it.

Baby Lee
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I think I'd probably have a higher estimation of him if it weren't on his resume.

FringeNC
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM
haha - Now, as ill-conceived and silly as McCain/Feingold was, I doubt if the average voter can even spell campaign finance reform. I remember seeing an issue ranking poll once that had it ranked as the 14th most important issue to voters during the 2000 election.

It's just not a traction issue. Few people care. Fewer understand it. Nobody votes on it.

Republican primary voters care. Right-wing Op/Ed writers care. Bloggers care. McCain is just going to get pummeled by the right-wing intelligentsia.

The Republican Party machinery didn't trust him in 2000 and they sure as hell don't trust him now. They contributed to his campaign derailing in 2000. I just can't believe that McCain can get the opinion leaders behind him.

Cochise
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Republican primary voters care.

I don't think you could be any more wrong about that.

BucEyedPea
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Republican primary voters care. Right-wing Op/Ed writers care. Bloggers care. McCain is just going to get pummeled by the right-wing intelligentsia.
Good!

I believe he votes with the Dems more the Repubs too.

The Republican Party machinery didn't trust him in 2000 and they sure as hell don't trust him now. They contributed to his campaign derailing in 2000. I just can't believe that McCain can get the opinion leaders behind him.

Didn't know this.

As far as I am concerned he is no conservative but a NeoCon facist; one of the most blood-thirsty of the Neo-Cons. Witness his egging on the bombing of civilians on Kosovo.

Cochise
06-29-2006, 12:38 PM
McCain didn't lose because of his inconsequential stances on inane subjects the voting public doesn't understand. He lost because of the two candidates with any kind of charisma, Bush was seen as the more conservative of the two.

SBK
06-29-2006, 12:53 PM

I've heard from various sources that when ol John McCain comes home at night, his wife will try to get him in bed with her and he can't do it, he's just too tired. "Sorry honey, I am too tired to screw tonight, I've been screwing my party all day."

Bootlegged
06-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Sarbanes & Oxley should be eaten toe to head by fire ants.

Baby Lee
06-29-2006, 01:57 PM
McCain didn't lose because of his inconsequential stances on inane subjects the voting public doesn't understand. He lost because of the two candidates with any kind of charisma, Bush was seen as the more conservative of the two.
And the inconsequental act of co-sponsoring a bill to socially engineer the campaign process with Feingold didn't play into that?