PDA

View Full Version : Redskins look unstoppable!

chiefsfan1963
06-29-2006, 12:15 PM
With the combination of Hall of Famer HC Gibbs, and DC Williams and OC Saunders, both of which should be future Head Coaches real soon, the loaded talent on both sides of the field, and a no holds bar owner who wants badly many Super Bowl rings on his fingers, I don't see how this team won't do well in 2006 and beyond.

It will be interesting to compare Chiefs and the Hogs this season given that AS is now with Skin's and Solari has taken over where AS left off and Edwards is now our HC! Although I would have preferred to have had AS as Vermeil's successor, I am cautiously optimistic that Solari can pull off a strong showing as our OC, and Edwards can use his skills as HC to balance our team and improve our odds in making the playoffs and enduring all the way to the SB.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM
With the combination of Hall of Famer HC Gibbs, and DC Williams and OC Saunders, both of which should be future Head Coaches real soon, the loaded talent on both sides of the field, and a no holds bar owner who wants badly many Super Bowl rings on his fingers, I don't see how this team won't do well in 2006 and beyond.

It will be interesting to compare Chiefs and the Hogs this season given that AS is now with Skin's and Solari has taken over where AS left off and Edwards is now our HC! Although I would have preferred to have had AS as Vermeil's successor, I am cautiously optimistic that Solari can pull off a strong showing as our OC, and Edwards can use his skills as HC to balance our team and improve our odds in making the playoffs and enduring all the way to the SB.

nah

Mile High Mania
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM
They will go as far as Brunell can take them... he's a good hit or two away from sitting on the bench, then it's over to Cambell most likely (2nd year guy). Anything can happen, but I wouldn't bank on him succeeding this season should he be forced into the lineup.

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Saunders will never be a head coach.

I think you'll find that the difference he makes, both for us losing him and the Skins gaining him, isn't as much as you thought it would be.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Every year for the last four or five they have been the paper champs. I need to see that transpire on the field. They are in a pretty tough division also.

morphius
06-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Players learning a new system on the O could effect them a bit.

chiefsfan1963
06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
oops! Double posted this thread! Sorry about that.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
hehe

Brock
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Huge question mark at QB

Moooo
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Does that mean this becomes a random pic thread?
http://resursadefun.ro/imagini/hot_dog.jpg

Moooo

CupidStunt
06-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Not really. I'd take Carolina and Seattle by a touchdown each over the Redskins.

I do like what they've done but, still - it starts in the trenches and the Redskins don't excell there. Their QB is very borderline (in terms of health and performance) and if he goes down they're done. Their WRs are nice but not nearly as good as hyped; just look at Lloyd's and Randle El's production.

I like them to win the NFC East and win a playoff game (or two), but the highest I see them peaking is the #3 seed in the NFC.

In a power rankings, i'd have them below the aforementioned NFC teams along with Pittsburgh, Indy and Denver.

Deberg_1990
06-29-2006, 12:40 PM

Yea! I agree......Look how many playoff games we won with Saunders as our OC!! Oops.......

Look how many Super Bowl rings The Redskins have had since they have had that "no holds barred" owner you spoke of!!! Ooops....

KCTitus
06-29-2006, 12:53 PM
This thread is a keeper...I'll want to look this one up come Jan.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Yea! I agree......Look how many playoff games we won with Saunders as our OC!! Oops.......

Look how many Super Bowl rings The Redskins have had since they have had that "no holds barred" owner you spoke of!!! Ooops....

It's like the old cartoons where when they combine their forces they can make some sort of super-human machine...

Moooo

chagrin
06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
This is a joke, right? Seriously, who is this?

And Dan Snyder will never win a Super Bowl ring as an owner. He may have the money but he just can't seem to get it done, can he. Money doesn't ALWAYS equate to the ring, does it

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 01:35 PM
This is a joke, right? Seriously, who is this?

And Dan Snyder will never win a Super Bowl ring as an owner. He may have the money but he just can't seem to get it done, can he. Money doesn't ALWAYS equate to the ring, does it

No it's not a joke. It's par for the course with him. You just haven't been here long enough.

Thig Lyfe
06-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Yep... Dan Snyder's the model owner, that's for sure...

chagrin
06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
No it's not a joke. It's par for the course with him. You just haven't been here long enough.

Yikes

bobbything
06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
It will be interesting to compare Chiefs and the Hogs this season given that AS is now with Skin's and Solari has taken over where AS left off and Edwards is now our HC!
Remember when Saunders became our OC in 2001? Our offense wasn't immediately unstoppable. I remember Green tossing about twentysomething picks and getting bageled on the scoreboard in a few games. It's going to take at least one year before their offense is that good.

I think it may be a tough season for them.

StcChief
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Dude just step away from the... :bong:

They will crash and burn with cute play Saunders as OC.

meddling Snyder will try and step in. :banghead:

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Remember when Saunders became our OC in 2001? Our offense wasn't immediately unstoppable. I remember Green tossing about twentysomething picks and getting bageled on the scoreboard in a few games. It's going to take at least one year before their offense is that good.

Part of the reason why our offense struggled early in 2001 was because Saunders refused to use Priest.

CupidStunt
06-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Yep... Dan Snyder's the model owner, that's for sure...

I don't know about the model owner, but at least he has the balls to make moves that help his team.

Just sayin'.

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know about the model owner, but at least he has the balls to make moves that help his team.

Just sayin'.

He has the balls to make moves. Whether or not they help his team is very debatable.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Part of the reason why our offense struggled early in 2001 was because Saunders refused to use Priest.

Saunders hates to run (unless its a reverse), which although the OP is a little too enthused, I think he'll make a good fit in Washington, because Gibbs will make sure and keep him in check.

Either that or they'll clash violently...

Moooo

MOhillbilly
06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
lol

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM

I'm sorry to say, but this is an idiotic argument. Saunders coached the top offense in the league while he was here. His team scored over 30 points in the one playoff game he had a chance to coach in. It is not his fault that the defense sucked. He did his part, IMO.

KCTitus
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM

Just sayin'.

You mean like drafting a Penn St RB over the objections of the HC? Or how about picking up 3 FA's for a sorry ass defense in both 2003 and 2005? Those kinds of balls?

As a person who lives in 'skins country, I can tell you with 100% certainty the Washington franchise has decided that drafting is a waste of time, they'll happily wait and see which rookies pan out and then buy them from teams that cannot afford to keep them. I think that's BS and the only flaw in an otherwise perfect sporting set up.

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM

And the other part of the reason was that our WRs sucked. When we signed Kennison, our offense really started clicking.

Inspector
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I can't wait to see the double reverse / fake handoff / then throw from the running back to the tight end who does a lateral to the fullback right before the tackle and loss of 18 yards.

Those were always my favorites.

KCTitus
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
And the other part of the reason was that our WRs sucked. When we signed Kennison, our offense really started clicking.

Whoa pardner...that's the WR excuse. Trent Green does not get the WR excuse to explain his poor play in 2001.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I can't wait to see the double reverse / fake handoff / then throw from the running back to the tight end who does a lateral to the fullback right before the tackle and loss of 18 yards.

Those were always my favorites.

Keeps the D on their toes. Sure, it always loses massive amounts of yardage, but it keeps them on their toes, and that's what really matters.

ROFL

Moooo

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Whoa pardner...that's the WR excuse. Trent Green does not get the WR excuse to explain his poor play in 2001.

I've used that excuse from day one, bro. I'm not about to stop now. :p I think it holds up pretty well now. Don't you?

CupidStunt
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
He has the balls to make moves. Whether or not they help his team is very debatable.

Agreed.

Balls to make the moves + good football people = success.

Pre-Gibbs, he had goofs running that franchise. With Gibbs, that partnership works.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I've used that excuse from day one, bro. I'm not about to stop now. :p I think it holds up pretty well now. Don't you?

I saw at least 3-5 passes every game from that year, that a 10 foot tall reciever couldn't catch. Some of them got picked, some didn't.

If I was gonna lay blame, I'd say Green didn't know the system yet and/or he still wasn't fully sure of his knee.

Moooo

KCTitus
06-29-2006, 02:21 PM

Of course not, did Green win any playoff games when he got WR's? Nope. /genious

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Of course not, did Green win any playoff games when he got WR's? Nope. /genious

All right, you f***nut! :cuss:

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I saw at least 3-5 passes every game from that year, that a 10 foot tall reciever couldn't catch. Some of them got picked, some didn't.

If I was gonna lay blame, I'd say Green didn't know the system yet and/or he still wasn't fully sure of his knee.

Moooo

I never said every single INT was the WRs fault. But one thing you have to keep in mind is that a lot of the routes are based on timing. The QB makes the throw before the WR even makes his cut. If the WR doesn't do the right thing, the ball can be picked. I saw a lot of that in that particular year. Minnis had rocks for brains. :shake:

BTW, Green knew the system very well. It was the same system he had used in St. Louis and Washington before that. Mike Martz was his OC in DC. ;) But I do agree that his injury probably affected his performance somewhat.

Deberg_1990
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry to say, but this is an idiotic argument. Saunders coached the top offense in the league while he was here. His team scored over 30 points in the one playoff game he had a chance to coach in. It is not his fault that the defense sucked. He did his part, IMO.

Oh i completely agree....i was just trying to make the point that having a top OC doesnt necessarliy gurauntee a damn thing. It takes a complete team effort to win a championship. We Chiefs fans should know that better than anyone.

KCTitus
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
All right, you f***nut! :cuss:

ROFL

Lzen
06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh i completely agree....i was just trying to make the point that having a top OC doesnt necessarliy gurauntee a damn thing. It takes a complete team effort to win a championship. We Chiefs fans should know that better than anyone.

Yep.

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Agreed.

Balls to make the moves + good football people = success.

Pre-Gibbs, he had goofs running that franchise. With Gibbs, that partnership works.

It does?

MOhillbilly
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
you know im just chompin at the bit right?

htismaqe
06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
you know im just chompin at the bit right?

Go ahead, say it.

bringbackmarty
06-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Too many things to address here but I'll give my take however jaded, as I absolutely love both teams.

It is entirely possible that the skins will win the sb this year, but only the performance of their o.l. improves. They are unathletic, undisciplined, and injured a lot. Gibbs may have fixed it over the course of the past two years, and they might be lights out this year. If they aren't, they aren't going anywhere. The nfl has too much speed on defense to run the counter up the middle every play in this day and age. Saunders will change the offense to be sure, but only to a point, because the skins had a nice play action game going last year. He won't want to scrap it, especially if he is thinking this could be his last year.
Gibbs wont want to scrap that in favor of anything, So the end result will be some more screen passes instead of runs up the middle for no yards on first and second down. Can portis catch the ball, and block on third and long and on play action??? Is the line athletic enough to run sweep after sweep, screen pass after screen pass? I think they need one more year, and by then Brunell is probably done, gibbs too. Williams is now the coach.

The defense is ****ing aesome, they bring it. period. Definitely sb caliber.

I just don't think they can go the distance with Brunell the whole time. One of thier young q.b.'s will have to win some games for them. If the season starts to tank, they should play the fresh meat so season it for next year.

Saunders is a liability in a close game, as many games as he has seen, he simply gets too cute, and doesn't stress protecting a lead enough in his dealings with the offense. I'm not saying our losses are his fault, He could do a better job at helping to adjust his gameplan to compensate for our obvious defensive weakness. That could have won us a few more games, especially last year, when we knew it was a problem, and had a chance to win a couple of close ones.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I'll bet they'll be a username called "bringbackdick," but it may lead to mixed assumptions.

CupidStunt
06-30-2006, 04:17 AM
It does?

They won a playoff game and are in position to go even further.

Survey says.............."YES!"

MahiMike
06-30-2006, 07:14 AM
I totally agree with this post. Snyder has finally gotten the 2 best generals in the NFL. Only 2 problems though; Brunell is no Trent Green and that division will be the toughest in the NFL this year. Giants and Cowgirls are right there with them. Eagles will complete the 1st to worst this year.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 07:21 AM
They won a playoff game and are in position to go even further.

It's great to be a Chiefs fan. We have such a "loser's view" definition for "success".

Fruit Ninja
06-30-2006, 08:17 AM
They will go as far as Brunell can take them... he's a good hit or two away from sitting on the bench, then it's over to Cambell most likely (2nd year guy). Anything can happen, but I wouldn't bank on him succeeding this season should he be forced into the lineup.
just about any qb is a good hit or 2 away from sitting on the bench.Brunellh as a pretty good damn year last year. He's finally healthy. I think with the weapons they do have,they will be a top 5 team on offense. 11-5 is my prediction for the Skins, But they do play in a tough division.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 08:26 AM
It's great to be a Chiefs fan. We have such a "loser's view" definition for "success".

ive thought about that often. It would spin the fandom into disaray if we actually ever won anything.
:)

And for those who talk about the ownership fowling up in the past, it didnt happen last year.Coach Gibbs was brought in to run the football team.
Yes its still Mr. Snyders team w/out a doubt. But look how the prodigal son(s) got sat last year, and released this year.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 08:29 AM
ive thought about that often. It would spin the fandom into disaray if we actually ever won anything.
:)

And for those who talk about the ownership fowling up in the past, it didnt happen last year.Coach Gibbs was brought in to run the football team.
Yes its still Mr. Snyders team w/out a doubt. But look how the prodigal son(s) got sat last year, and released this year.

They're definitely a team on the rise.

However, I don't think they needed Saunders, nor do I think he's gonna come in and suddenly vault this team over the top.

Saunders is a very good coordinator. He's also reportedly VERY hard to work with and that can be a drain on team chemistry. I also don't know how his playcalling style will mesh with Gibbs'.

It all come down to that defense. If they're gonna win it all, it's gonna be because of Williams, not Saunders.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 08:33 AM

However, I don't think they needed Saunders, nor do I think he's gonna come in and suddenly vault this team over the top.

Saunders is a very good coordinator. He's also reportedly VERY hard to work with and that can be a drain on team chemistry. I also don't know how his playcalling style will mesh with Gibbs'.

It all come down to that defense. If they're gonna win it all, it's gonna be because of Williams, not Saunders.

It will be interesting to see if Snyder's plug and play mentality will actually work. Last year the defense was one of the best, but the offense was just horrid. Gibbs offensive style is almost as boring as Marty's --smashmouth with very little variety--and Snyder wanted him to open up the offense and Gibbs was reluctant. I think that Saunders hire was Snyder's way of 'opening up' the Gibbs style.

I dont think Washington has the QB or OL to make a run, but they are in the NFC and as bad as the conference sucks anything can happen.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 08:34 AM

i dont know, there are so many HUGE EGOS at Redskins park, guys w/ the football brain power to run a fleet of battleships.

Pure speculation here - but there isnt much room or tolerance for a 'drain'. these guys have ONE goal in mind and id also speculate if you dont walk the chalk and get on board youre gone.
That means 100%.

now you can say all teams have ONE goal in mind. But things are diffrent in DC.

Portis&Taylor
06-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Its nice to get some respect for other teams fans. I think we have a great team but like somebody else said we will only go as far as brunell takes us. I think getting AS was the missing piece, along with lloyd and randle el. As far as el and lloyds production i can see where some of you are coming from but we have moss all we needed was some help not another #1 reciever. Campbell looks promising so far but thats just in practice so in my eyes its up to brunell. I see your team as very close to the super bowl but its needs to happen this year because you got alot of older players like roaf and shields. I hope to see your team in the superbowl. Good luck

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 08:36 AM
It will be interesting to see if Snyder's plug and play mentality will actually work. Last year the defense was one of the best, but the offense was just horrid. Gibbs offensive style is almost as boring as Marty's --smashmouth with very little variety--and Snyder wanted him to open up the offense and Gibbs was reluctant. I think that Saunders hire was Snyder's way of 'opening up' the Gibbs style.

I dont think Washington has the QB or OL to make a run, but they are in the NFC and as bad as the conference sucks anything can happen.

Down the strech the O played very well.

When it counted.

How many times has Oct. come around and we as KC fans have had our hearts torn out because the team didnt make a run when it counted?

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Its nice to get some respect for other teams fans. I think we have a great team but like somebody else said we will only go as far as brunell takes us. I think getting AS was the missing piece, along with lloyd and randle el. As far as el and lloyds production i can see where some of you are coming from but we have moss all we needed was some help not another #1 reciever. Campbell looks promising so far but thats just in practice so in my eyes its up to brunell. I see your team as very close to the super bowl but its needs to happen this year because you got alot of older players like roaf and shields. I hope to see your team in the superbowl. Good luck

El was a slash/gimmick 3rd wideout in Pittsburgh...unless Gibbs agrees to use him in the same way, I dont see him doing anything great as a WR. Lloyd was inconsistent on a team with no true #1 that was constantly 'chucking' it because they were behind 21 pts.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Down the strech the O played very well.

When it counted.

How many times has Oct. come around and we as KC fans have had our hearts torn out because the team didnt make a run when it counted?

Im not sure which 'O' you refer to in your first sentence...

October is not as vital as December, IMO.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 08:43 AM
i dont know, there are so many HUGE EGOS at Redskins park, guys w/ the football brain power to run a fleet of battleships.

Pure speculation here - but there isnt much room or tolerance for a 'drain'. these guys have ONE goal in mind and id also speculate if you dont walk the chalk and get on board youre gone.
That means 100%.

now you can say all teams have ONE goal in mind. But things are diffrent in DC.

I know what you're saying and I agree. The ego I'm concerned with is Saunders'. From the stories we read earlier this year about people he'd worked with in San Diego and St. Louis saying they'd never work with him again, to the fact that he didn't get a sniff for a HC job from anyone but the Raiders, one has to wonder if they can all co-exist.

I just don't see Saunders like alot of people around here do. He's a great OC, but we'll see how good he is without Roaf, Shields, Wiegmann, and Waters.

Fruit Ninja
06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
El was a slash/gimmick 3rd wideout in Pittsburgh...unless Gibbs agrees to use him in the same way, I dont see him doing anything great as a WR. Lloyd was inconsistent on a team with no true #1 that was constantly 'chucking' it because they were behind 21 pts.LLoyd also had someshitty quarterbacking in San Fran. Then he got a rookie QB throwing to him, that didnt fair to well. Moss,Lloyd.El, and Portis runnning the ball. That shit is scary. Just remember what Saunders did for KC with minimal talent. There is no way Kennision is better then Moss or Lloyd imo. Lloyd and Moss will both have 1000 yard seasons, if Brunell is somewhat protected outthere. Iknow his back is pretty much locked down with Samuels at RT.

Its going to be a damn fun year if your a Skins fan. And lucky me my best friend is a Skins fan, so i get to hear it every sunday as i am watching Chiefs on 1 tv and he is watchign the Redkins on another.

much much <3 for sunday ticket.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Im not sure which 'O' you refer to in your first sentence...

October is not as vital as December, IMO.
Redskins O.

And you can play 500 ball till Oct. but when the leaves change a team making a run best step up.

Dec. means nothing if you play 500 ball any later than oct.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 08:55 AM
LLoyd also had someshitty quarterbacking in San Fran. Then he got a rookie QB throwing to him, that didnt fair to well. Moss,Lloyd.El, and Portis runnning the ball. That shit is scary. Just remember what Saunders did for KC with minimal talent. There is no way Kennision is better then Moss or Lloyd imo. Lloyd and Moss will both have 1000 yard seasons, if Brunell is somewhat protected outthere. Iknow his back is pretty much locked down with Samuels at RT.

Is this the reverse WR excuse? You are right though, Lloyd cant catch it if it's not thrown his way. See Gibbs offensive style.

I didnt think Samuels was all that...seems he's been struggling, but I dont follow the Skins, but just hear it on talk radio and pick up bits and pieces.

The 'It's gonna be a fun year for Skins' fans has been the constant motto since they drafted Arrington and Samuels...so I'll wait and believe it when I see it--Missouri boy talkin.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Redskins O.

And you can play 500 ball till Oct. but when the leaves change a team making a run best step up.

Dec. means nothing if you play 500 ball any later than oct.

I'll take your word for it...I dont really care to break down the stats/opponents they faced.

You realize that when October arrives, the teams have only played 4 games? While every game is important the 'run' usually starts in mid November and is culminated in the stretch in December. That said, go 1-3 in any month, and the team is definately headed in the wrong direction.

Lzen
06-30-2006, 09:04 AM

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I'll take your word for it...I dont really care to break down the stats/opponents they faced.

You realize that when October arrives, the teams have only played 4 games? While every game is important the 'run' usually starts in mid November and is culminated in the stretch in December. That said, go 1-3 in any month, and the team is definately headed in the wrong direction.

yep i realise they only play fourgames. in october.say you go 500. in sept. and 500 in oct. youre 4-4 imo youd best win the last two and make a strong surge in nov.
no worse than 3-1,or youre chances of making the playoffs are greatly diminished.

Add to that teams that squeek in rarely play w/ confidence.

so you play like shit all year 500ish and make a surge in dec. a team that started a run in mid oct. and kept it alive has loads more confidence.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
LLoyd also had someshitty quarterbacking in San Fran. Then he got a rookie QB throwing to him, that didnt fair to well. Moss,Lloyd.El, and Portis runnning the ball. That shit is scary. Just remember what Saunders did for KC with minimal talent. There is no way Kennision is better then Moss or Lloyd imo. Lloyd and Moss will both have 1000 yard seasons, if Brunell is somewhat protected outthere. Iknow his back is pretty much locked down with Samuels at RT.

Its going to be a damn fun year if your a Skins fan. And lucky me my best friend is a Skins fan, so i get to hear it every sunday as i am watching Chiefs on 1 tv and he is watchign the Redkins on another.

much much <3 for sunday ticket.

You can have all the skill players you want.

Chiefs O-line >>>>>>>> Skins O-line

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 09:25 AM
yep i realise they only play fourgames. in october.say you go 500. in sept. and 500 in oct. youre 4-4 imo youd best win the last two and make a strong surge in nov.
no worse than 3-1,or youre chances of making the playoffs are greatly diminished.

Add to that teams that squeek in rarely play w/ confidence.

so you play like shit all year 500ish and make a surge in dec. a team that started a run in mid oct. and kept it alive has loads more confidence.

Yes, a good start is key I agree, but if a team gets off to a great start and goes, say, 9-0 but starts playing like crap down the stretch, their chances in the playoffs are probably not good.

Fruit Ninja
06-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Is this the reverse WR excuse? You are right though, Lloyd cant catch it if it's not thrown his way. See Gibbs offensive style.

I didnt think Samuels was all that...seems he's been struggling, but I dont follow the Skins, but just hear it on talk radio and pick up bits and pieces.

The 'It's gonna be a fun year for Skins' fans has been the constant motto since they drafted Arrington and Samuels...so I'll wait and believe it when I see it--Missouri boy talkin.
Well, Redskins had a kick ass D last year without Arrington. Now they picked up Al saunders and 2 more offensive weapons. How can this not be fun for a Redskins fan? GIbbs, Saunders, Williams? Shit, you cannot get any better of a coaching staff then that.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 09:45 AM
see those guys get there players to play atleast to the fullest potential.
(and have something to build on)
not so much in these parts as of late.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Yes, a good start is key I agree, but if a team gets off to a great start and goes, say, 9-0 but starts playing like crap down the stretch, their chances in the playoffs are probably not good.

ill take a team that starts weak and comes on strong in Oct. over a team that goes 9-0 or plays 500 till dec. anyday.

JMO.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 09:49 AM
see those guys get there players to play atleast to the fullest potential.
(and have something to build on)
not so much in these parts as of late.

Very true.

However, some of those players here that didn't play up to their potential played for Coach Saunders.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Very true.

However, some of those players here that didn't play up to their potential played for Coach Saunders.

it starts at the top and imo the KC saunders w/ vermiel is completely diffrent than the DC saunders w/ Gibbs(a guy who has won everywhere hes been).

Chiefnj
06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't think the Skins offense was as bad as people tend to think it was. They finished 13 in points and scored 30+ points in their last 3 regular season games, all against division rivals. They struggled in the playoffs, but in the regular season things weren't as dismissal as you'd think. Almost seems like classic Marty.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
it starts at the top and imo the KC saunders w/ vermiel is completely diffrent than the DC saunders w/ Gibbs(a guy who has won everywhere hes been).

Vermeil was pretty successful before he cames here too.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't think the Skins offense was as bad as people tend to think it was. They finished 13 in points and scored 30+ points in their last 3 regular season games, all against division rivals. They struggled in the playoffs, but in the regular season things weren't as dismissal as you'd think. Almost seems like classic Marty.

That will be lost on a lot of people, especially if their offense is lights out this season.

Saunders = J.H.C in a lot of people's eyes.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Vermeil was pretty successful before he cames here too.
youre not comparing Coach Vermiels success in the same light as Coach Gibbs are you?

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, Redskins had a kick ass D last year without Arrington. Now they picked up Al saunders and 2 more offensive weapons. How can this not be fun for a Redskins fan? GIbbs, Saunders, Williams? Shit, you cannot get any better of a coaching staff then that.

You missed my point...sure it's got to be fun when you have an owner that plays 'real' fantasy football and has multiple FA signings every year. What I was saying, ever since Snyder has shown up, every year I hear the same song on the local talk radio--'This is our year!' and every year, they fail....so Snyder goes out and attempts to buy more pieces to the puzzle.

Maybe what Snyder needs is some team to trade them 11 picks for one guy...

Chiefnj
06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
That will be lost on a lot of people, especially if their offense is lights out this season.

Saunders = J.H.C in a lot of people's eyes.

As well as he should be in KC, because without him the Chiefs are the 49ers the last 4 years.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
ill take a team that starts weak and comes on strong in Oct. over a team that goes 9-0 or plays 500 till dec. anyday.

JMO.

You seem to have lost me at some point...all Im trying to point out is if a team goes 4-0 in October but then goes 0-4 in December, the team is probably not going to do much in the playoffs.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 10:37 AM
youre not comparing Coach Vermiels success in the same light as Coach Gibbs are you?

As successful as Gibbs? Certainly not. Successful in his own right? Absolutely.

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 10:37 AM
As well as he should be in KC, because without him the Chiefs are the 49ers the last 4 years.

ROFL

Chiefs + Al Saunders - Willie Roaf = pedestrian

chiefsfan1963
06-30-2006, 10:59 AM
You missed my point...sure it's got to be fun when you have an owner that plays 'real' fantasy football and has multiple FA signings every year. What I was saying, ever since Snyder has shown up, every year I hear the same song on the local talk radio--'This is our year!' and every year, they fail....so Snyder goes out and attempts to buy more pieces to the puzzle.

Maybe what Snyder needs is some team to trade them 11 picks for one guy...

I like Snyder's desire to win and pull out all the stops no matter the outcome. This guy has the money and is willing to use it. I wonder how many SB's KC would have by now if we had an owner with that same desire and passion to win championships. :hmmm:

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 11:16 AM
I like Snyder's desire to win and pull out all the stops no matter the outcome. This guy has the money and is willing to use it. I wonder how many SB's KC would have by now if we had an owner with that same desire and passion to win championships. :hmmm:

Throwing money around doesn't necessarily equal passion or desire. Sometimes it equals recklessness.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Throwing money around doesn't necessarily equal passion or desire. Sometimes it equals recklessness.

I think it equals an arrogant owner.

Moooo

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I think it equals an arrogant owner.

Moooo

if you had that kinda money you wouldnt be arrogant?

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 11:22 AM

yep

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:23 AM

Yeah... It takes a certain personality to become a millionaire... but there's still levels of arrogance...

Moooo

htismaqe
06-30-2006, 11:25 AM

Hell yeah I would be. **** all you ****ers.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah... It takes a certain personality to become a millionaire... but there's still levels of arrogance...

Moooo

hes a billionaire.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Hell yeah I would be. **** all you ****ers.

shit im a thousandaire and im like that.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
hes a billionaire.

Its the same personality. My point was the types of people who horde money like that, or put theirselves into situations where they can make that much are usually a very small band of the same types of people.

Moooo

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Its the same personality. My point was the types of people who horde money like that, or put theirselves into situations where they can make that much are usually a very small band of the same types of people.

Moooo

yea i know what your point was.

chiefsfan1963
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM

Don't kid yourself, Lamar has alot of money and is in the twilight of his life, if anyone should have desire or passion to win at least another
SB or two it would be him. Instead he has chosen not to be "reckless" or whatever word you are happy with. If this works for you then I'm sure you can wait another 36 years for an appearance in a SB. At least we won't be reckless! :shake:

Chieftain58
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Remember what happens to Saunders offense without Willie Roaf

Chiefnj
06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Remember what happens to Saunders offense without Willie Roaf
What happens? What was the Chiefs record without Roaf? Was it Saunders' fault there was no decent LT backup available which forced him to keep the TE's in to block which caused fans to throw a hissy fit?

Wile_E_Coyote
06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Snyder can spend money like a madman & still make a killing in DC. Not the same in KC

bringbackmarty
06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
tru dat, you have to have the players, exactly my point. /it will be the oline play that determines the skins fate, as it is for most teams.

shaneo69
06-30-2006, 06:27 PM
What happens? What was the Chiefs record without Roaf? Was it Saunders' fault there was no decent LT backup available which forced him to keep the TE's in to block which caused fans to throw a hissy fit?

They shoulda ran more when Roaf was out. Specifically the Bills game.

shaneo69
06-30-2006, 06:29 PM
If the Chiefs don't win it, I hope the Redskins do, so Rufus has to shut up about how being big spenders in free agency doesn't work.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-30-2006, 06:31 PM
If the Chiefs don't win it, I hope the Redskins do, so Rufus has to shut up about how being big spenders in free agency doesn't work.

pride to da tribes, man. :)

TRR
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
It will take Saunders 3 years to implement his entire system in Washington. By that time, Snyder will have fired him, and moved on IMHO.

milkman
06-30-2006, 07:43 PM

Actually, Gibbs system and Saunders system are just variations of Air Coryell.

Both Gibbs and Suanders were asst. coaches under Coryell.

What the 'Skins are hoping is that Al can maximize their offensive potential.

I think they'll good, but they ain't SB ready.

Nightwish
06-30-2006, 11:12 PM
For the regular season, I predict the Redskins will do one of three things:

1. They will go 16-0
2. They will go 0-16
3. Their record will be somewhere between 1 and 2

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
How does a Redskins thread go for 100 posts on a Chiefs Message Board???

Moooo

ChiefButthurt
07-01-2006, 07:56 AM
How does a Redskins thread go for 100 posts on a Chiefs Message Board???

Moooo

Answer: Planet Members = Too much time on their hands.

keg in kc
07-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Everybody looks unstoppable in June and July.

The Redskins will continue to be mediocre.

milkman
07-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Everybody looks unstoppable in June and July.

The Redskins will continue to be mediocre.

49ers?

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Snyder can spend money like a madman & still make a killing in DC. Not the same in KC

Those are just excuses. You're a homer.

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 02:26 PM

6 wins, 10 losses, 16th in points scored...

That was the record of Saunders, Green, Holmes, and Gonzales without Willie Roaf.

Don't tell me you were think about last year and forgot all about 2001...

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Don't kid yourself, Lamar has alot of money and is in the twilight of his life, if anyone should have desire or passion to win at least another
SB or two it would be him. Instead he has chosen not to be "reckless" or whatever word you are happy with. If this works for you then I'm sure you can wait another 36 years for an appearance in a SB. At least we won't be reckless! :shake:

ROFL

Didn't take long for you to LEAP to the conclusion that I'm happy with not winning a Super Bowl in 30+ years.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
<A name=321713>NFL | Revenue sharing could be vital for future CBA negotiations
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 08:49:22 -0700Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports the revenue-sharing plan needs to work for enough teams to help keep the CBA after the 2009 season. Under the current revenue-sharing plan, the players receive 59.5 percent of league-wide total gross revenues. This causes lower-revenue team s to pay a higher percentage of their take into the pot than a team that makes more profit. Some clubs claim that while they pay upward of 70 percent of their total revenue to cover player costs, a team like the Washington Redskins (http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl) only uses 40 percent and has a competitive advantage to use that extra money on other perks. Many league owners and executives anticipate the revenue-sharing plan will not work, with the owners terminating the CBA after the 2009 season and threatening labor peace.

StcChief
07-02-2006, 11:22 AM
F the Deadskins....they don't look unstoppable.