PDA

View Full Version : Policy changes regarding autograph session @ Family Fun night....This SUCKS!!!!!!

DTLB58
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
This is going to be a freaking mad house! The players will get mobbed and hardly nobody will get an autograph, plus they have shortened the time from 30 to 20 minutes! :banghead: Talk about going from organized to a zoo.

I doubt I will even attend this portion of the evening. At least before if you came early (and I mean early. I waited in line 6 hours last year to get Priest auto on a jersey) you would be guranteed to get a signing. Basically cause I was about the 10th person in line. Now you can be there 6 hours or 5 minutes before and you don't know who or if anyone you will get.

This really,really sucks.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/family.htm

This year's Family Fun Night, sponsored by Viking Coca Cola of River Falls, will be on Saturday, Aug. 5 at the Ramer Field Sports Complex.

There will be food, beverages, the Chiefs Experience, face painting, snow cones, and many other foods and experiences available at the event.

Gates to the Ramer Field Sports Complex will open at 4 p.m. Skydivers from the Indianhead Sport Parachute Club will descend onto Ramer Field at about 5:20 p.m., weather permitting.

At 5:45 p.m., Chiefs, Wisconsin and local dignataries will address the crowd.

Fans wishing to seek autographs will be permitted to walk onto the Ramer Field track beginning at 6:05 p.m. There will be no autographs along the South fence of the practice fields as in previous years.

The University does not permit cleats or spiked shoes on the track surface. Fans may not bring gum, food or any beverages other than water onto the track with them.

A 20-minute autograph period will be conducted from 6:30-6:50 p.m., on Ramer Field to ensure that practice may begin promptly at 7 p.m.

There will be no pre-determined locations for position groups to sign autographs as in previous years. Fan assistance personnel and security will be located on the track to ensure the safety of all in attendance.

Individual Chiefs players and coaches will be randomly distributed around Ramer Field, meaning all fans in attendance will have a better opportunity to secure an autograph.

Fans will be allowed to solicit one autograph per player. Players have been instructed not to sign multiple items for the same individual. For the benefit of other fans in attendance, please ask for only one autograph per player. Fans may solicit autographs from multiple players should time permit.

The Kansas City Chiefs and the University make no promises or guarantees that each fan in attendance will be able to secure an autograph or to obtain an autograph from the player of their choosing. The Chiefs will make every effort to greet as many fans as possible during the allotted 20-minute autograph period.
At the conclusion of the autograph period, fans will be asked to disperse from the track in an orderly fashion into the stands or behind the fence surrounding the practice field.

Once practice concludes, fans are asked to respect the fact that players and coaches may still have meetings and other responsibilities that evening. Any individuals choosing to sign autographs at that time will be doing so at their discretion.

After practice, Chiefs Coach Herm Edwards will present trophies to the first, second and third place winners of the Punt, Pass & Kick competition.

After practice, which is schedule to run from 7-8:30 p.m., and when it is dark enough, a Rolf Halvorson fireworks display will cap off the evening.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

Moooo

Cochise
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Players have been instructed not to sign multiple items for the same individual.

That's a good rule.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM
complete bullshit. **** i ain't going.

tomahawk kid
06-29-2006, 05:29 PM
That's complete BS.

They might as well have just done away with that portion of the evening.

I can't understand how they're going to prevent a complete mob scene. Lords knows people can get completely out of hand when it comes to autographs.

DTLB58
06-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Bump, For the late evening crowd.....

4th and Long
06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Perhaps the fact escapes many of you that the players don't have to sign any autographs at all. Be thankful some of you even have the opportunity to obtain one.

Count Zarth
06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Autographs are gay.

Moooo
06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Autographs are gay.

Say that to an 8 year-old, and see if he agrees.

Moooo

Count Zarth
06-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Say that to an 8 year-old, and see if he agrees.

Moooo

Children should be taught that autographs are gay.

J Diddy
06-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Children should be taught that autographs are gay.

Shut the **** up.

Dunit35
06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Shut the **** up.

Word.

A childs eyes light up when he gets an autograph.

big nasty kcnut
06-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah and adult too but too many time adult get too greedy and don't let kids get the autograph.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah and adult too but too many time adult get too greedy and don't let kids get the autograph.

They can be substituted for the foam inside the pads on the 5-man sleds.

Moooo