PDA

View Full Version : My buddy's getting the "Big Snip" anyone done that?

TinyEvel
06-30-2006, 01:21 AM
So, one of my friends is getting a vasectomy Friday.

Yep, he's shutting off the plumbing, taking the swimmers out of the pool, pinching the pipe, kinking the hose, etc.

Anyone on here had that done and care to share some insider advice I can pass along?

I know he plans to spend the 4th with a bag of COSTCO-sized frozen peas between the knees. Anything else?

Oh, and I did get him a gift to celebrate the "occasion": Seedless grapes.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 01:24 AM

Yep, he's shutting off the plumbing, taking the swimmers out of the pool, pinching the pipe, kinking the hose, etc.

Anyone on here had that done and care to share some insider advice I can pass along?

I know he plans to spend the 4th with a bag of COSTCO-sized frozen peas between the knees. Anything else?

Does it really hurt? I thought they don't even knock you out for it. I've heard some say that its so easy to have done its scary.

Moooo

Fishpicker
06-30-2006, 01:32 AM
my uncle had one. it was done in 20 minutes. they didnt even prescribe painkillers. they just sent him home with saltpeter.

Miles
06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Peter gets a vasectomy and loses all his sex drive. Lois begins to gain weight, and as a result, Peter's regains his interest in his wife. When Lois' habits get out of control, she has a heart attack. The surgeon must remove Lois' fat to reach her heart, returning her to her normal weight.

HemiEd
06-30-2006, 03:55 AM
I drove myself home and just drank a lot of beer. Went to work the next day.

stumppy
06-30-2006, 03:59 AM
The operation wasn't so bad.

Jogging home afterwards really sucked though.

ZepSinger
06-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Not bad at all. Makes sex better as well. No more worries, ya know?
:)

donkhater
06-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Pretty simple. Even the local injection wasn't that bad (surprisingly). Talked sports with the doctor all through the procedure. Drove myself home. They 'strongly suggested' that someone drive me home. Not a bad idea only becuase driving causes a lot of movement 'down there'.

Other suggestions:

1. If your buddy wears boxers, tell him to get some briefs. It'll get pretty swollen down there and rub up against the inner thigh and get pretty raw. Tell him to give his 'boys' a home.

2. I didn't need any painkillers afterward, but everyone is different. Whenever I started to feel pain down there it was usually because I had to urinate. Once I went, the pain ws gone.

3. I assume he has kids. If they are still young, remind him that they are crouch-seeking missles. I hadn't realized how much my kids jump on my lap until after that surgery.

Pretty simple, really.

OldTownChief
06-30-2006, 05:57 AM
All the women I know still want the "big load" all over their face.

Braincase
06-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Peter gets a vasectomy and loses all his sex drive. Lois begins to gain weight, and as a result, Peter's regains his interest in his wife. When Lois' habits get out of control, she has a heart attack. The surgeon must remove Lois' fat to reach her heart, returning her to her normal weight.

BTW, DO NOT watch that episode with your wife if your wife is under the impression that maybe she's a touch overweight. Saw that the other night, made me laugh, but it shut down the love machine for the evening, if ya know what I mean.

KCTitus
06-30-2006, 06:20 AM
About 4 years ago...

No, they dont knock you out, just a mild sedative. Kind of like taking about 4 shots of liquor at once. Takes about 20 minutes and while there is a needle going in the sack, which does sting a little, most men can handle that.

take it easy for a few days as the boys will be sore, but as long as you dont take a kick to the sack, all will be good in a couple of days.

Archie F. Swin
06-30-2006, 06:36 AM
When he comes home to rest after sugery he will quickly realize how much his dogs and kids like to jump on his nuts. Like a little trampoline

MahiMike
06-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I've been Schnipped in the bud. The next day the ice pack is both good and bad. It nums the nuts (so you're a numnuts) but you have to pee more too. Tradeoff I guess.

StcChief
06-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Yep. 20 min your out. Done a Friday. Work on Monday.

Tell him to get a bag of 'frozen peas'.

Sit back in your favorite chair with the bag of peas around your nuts....

Get a cold beer.

You never look at frozen peas the same way again.

Take it easy no heavy lifting. I wore a jock for a week
per Doctors advise....for support, no swelling etc.

kc rush
06-30-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm scheduled for it next week.

Bye bye little swimmers.

ct
06-30-2006, 07:52 AM
I have, 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Worry free fun-times baby!!!

All your buddy needs to do is make sure he stays down for 1 day, and take it easy a couple more. No lifting the kids or working in the yard or any of that. Keep it clean and no lifting, = no worries. Break those rules, and I've heard some really bad stories, including 2 close friends.

BagoobaChief
06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Been there, done that. They didn't give me a sedative or any pain killers prior. Just imagine how much fun it would be to have some chick shave you "down there", I always thought that would be exiting. Till you think about why she is shaving you, takes a little of the exitement out of it. Procedure done in about 20-30 minutes, it was pretty uneventful, but having your dinger noosed and clamped to your surgical gown is a little disturbing. I talked with the nurse through the whole thing, except the shaving part, I felt she needed to be concentrating on what she was doing. Then they take you to the recovery rooms, set your in a nice recliner and give you some juice or water. Make you wait for 30 min or so to make sure you are OK. Then you are free to go, I drove myself home, but they would rather you had someone else there with you. Ice bag and relax for rest of evening. I went camping with my son and his scout troop the next day, so it's not as traumatic as some stories you may here. I took a couple aspirin throughout the next day, but no major pain.

stumppy
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
When he comes home to rest after sugery he will quickly realize how much his dogs and kids like to jump on his nuts. Like a little trampoline

ROFL

How true. Had a Rot mix pup about half grown that thought he was a lap dog. It did NOT feel good.

JimNasium
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm strongly considering getting this procedure done. I suppose I have to get a referral from my GP?

BagoobaChief
06-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm strongly considering getting this procedure done. I suppose I have to get a referral from my GP?

Yup, make sure that your insurance will cover it. My wife works at Creighton University, a Catholic run university, and their insurance wouldn't cover Vasectomies or her birth control pills. We didn't find this out until AFTER I had the vasectomy!! Damn doctors office didn't run this through the insurance prior to my visit. I complained and complained but all they would do is drop the price to $650!!

Lzen
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Had mine done about 4.5 years ago, shortly after my daughter was born. The needle in the sack a few times hurt like Hell. Didn't feel much of the procedure after that, though. And it only took 20-30 minutes. If memory serves, he gave me about 5-7 days worth of painkillers. I called and requested more after those were gone. Was a little concerned the first time I tested out the new plumbing, but it was all good. Frozen bags of corn or peas is a great way to numb them and keep them from swelling. The fun part will be when you have your wife get the sample for you to take back to the doctors to be sure there are no more swimmers.

Braincase
06-30-2006, 09:02 AM
I complained and complained but all they would do is drop the price to $650!!

Hmmm...

I only have the one nut... wonder if they'll give me half off?

Donger
06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
No. I intend to keep popping out kids into my 70s.

Donger
06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Hmmm...

I only have the one nut... wonder if they'll give me half off?

What happened to the other one?

BucEyedPea
06-30-2006, 09:11 AM
This thread needs pics of your operations! ROFL

ct
06-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Yup, make sure that your insurance will cover it. My wife works at Creighton University, a Catholic run university, and their insurance wouldn't cover Vasectomies or her birth control pills. We didn't find this out until AFTER I had the vasectomy!! Damn doctors office didn't run this through the insurance prior to my visit. I complained and complained but all they would do is drop the price to $650!!

Helluva lot cheaper than another kid!

Braincase
06-30-2006, 09:13 AM
What happened to the other one?

Teratoma and Embryonal Carcinoma, 1983

Donger
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Teratoma and Embryonal Carcinoma, 1983

Sorry to hear that, but glad that you made it through.

BagoobaChief
06-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Helluva lot cheaper than another kid!
Definitely!! Wife was mad because I got the vasectomy once she was pregnant with our 4th kid. I decided I wasn't waiting any longer and taking any chances on a 5th kid!

Zman
06-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Piece of cake just don't forget the frozen peas!! and a case of miller lite

Demonpenz
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
i had mine done before college.

Lzen
06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
This thread needs pics of your operations! ROFL

Ummmmmmm.....no.

Clint in Wichita
06-30-2006, 10:51 AM

Advise him to not brag about having it done. It's not cool, and nobody else really cares.

bogie
06-30-2006, 10:55 AM

I haven't done it yet, but it's probably time. My wife and I are done having kids. I'm not thrilled at the prospect but I figure it's the smart thing to do. The question I have for you is, do I do it now and get some points for the upcoming season. I would think this is a bigger sacrifice than a foot rub. Or, do I do it during the season and then I can buy at least one whole Sunday sitting on the couch due to pain. Know what I mean?

StcChief
06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Advise him to not brag about having it done. It's not cool, and nobody else really cares.
So Right.....

someone will ask (like this thread) if they are thinkin' about it.

what happend when I did it. Co-worker wanted to know what I was doing on my day-off Friday. I told him.

6 month later he did it. 40 and more kids <> good.

TinyEvel
06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
The question I have for you is, do I do it now and get some points for the upcoming season. I would think this is a bigger sacrifice than a foot rub. Or, do I do it during the season and then I can buy at least one whole Sunday sitting on the couch due to pain. Know what I mean?

Pretty ingenious, getting the "V" on a football weekend: couch potato by doctor's orders.
Though that's a long way to go for a Sunday of games. I'd start with something simple, like a fake groin pull, or bogus sprained ankle.
But if you've been considering it, definitely position it as something you're doing for her. From the other posts, sounds like not too big a deal, and you can parlay that "sacrafice" into some footbal lenience.