PDA

View Full Version : I'm headed off to Lake Texoma

Dunit35
06-30-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm going to Lake Texoma today, it'll be my first time there. Should I go ahead and get a fishing license and try to snag me a striper or not? We're going to rent a couple jetskis and it's going to rock. Who's all been there before?

SLAG
06-30-2006, 09:30 AM
never been there but i say get the fishing lic.

Monty
06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Have fun! There is a fishing license specific to Lake Texoma since it borders both OK and TX, so make sure you get that one. If you're up for getting a guide, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND hiring Chuck. He's a retired Police Chief in Sherman if I remember right. All the other guides look to this man to make sure that their customers are taken care of. :) I'm not sure you can get him booked on short notice, but if you see him out on the lake, just follow him around, you'll catch your limit for sure. ;)

www.texomafishing.com

Bob Dole
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Bob Dole went a couple of times about 10 years ago, but just for the fish fry and beer.

greg63
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
never been there but i say get the fishing lic.

YEP!

Moooo
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I didn't think stripers run this time of year...

Just saying it may not be worth your while to throw down on some out of state permit, when the fish you're trying to catch is gonna be hiding out...

Moooo

Big Dick Jones
06-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Have fun! There is a fishing license specific to Lake Texoma since it borders both OK and TX, so make sure you get that one. If you're up for getting a guide, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND hiring Chuck. He's a retired Police Chief in Sherman if I remember right. All the other guides look to this man to make sure that their customers are taken care of. :) I'm not sure you can get him booked on short notice, but if you see him out on the lake, just follow him around, you'll catch your limit for sure. ;)

www.texomafishing.com
I wouldn't want a cop around. He wouldn't let me smoke dope.

Monty
06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't want a cop around. He wouldn't let me smoke dope.

Are you going fishing or smoking dope? ;)

Like I said, the guy's retired. It may not be an issue. :)

Big Dick Jones
06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Are you going fishing or smoking dope? ;)

Like I said, the guy's retired. It may not be an issue. :)
You have to choose between the two? Then I'm not going fishing.

Monty
06-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Priorities. :D