PDA

View Full Version : I witnessed REAL road rage today..........

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I was driving on I-435 W from Metcalf to I-69 N.

A lady in a silver, late 90's ford Taurus started the incident. Let's call her lady "A". She was involved in serious road rage with another lady in a black, approx. 2003 Nissan Maxima. Let's call her lady "B". She had a girl in her car. The girl looked like she was 12 - 14 yrs. old. I think the girl was lady B's daughter, but that's an assumption. I was directly behind both of these vehicles and witnessed the entire event.

I'll divide each part of the story by incident of road rage.

We were all driving about 30 - 40 mph due to construction in that area. Lady A was in the left lane and lady B was in the right lane. Lady A's lane was quickly ending, due to orange construction cones. She was trying to merge into the right lane, as was everyone else in the left lane. Everyone else merged, but she could not merge because lady B was being a butthole and wouldn't allow her in. Here's where the fun begins. Lady A starts violently swerving her car back and forth like an idiot. Lady B didn't want to get hit, so she backed off just a bit. Lady A then, sharply and violently swerved into the right lane almost clipping lady B's front bumper.

Lady B gave the bird to lady A in front of her for what seemed like an eternity. She practically jammed her arm thru the windshield when giving the bird because she was soooooooo emphatic about it. First the teenage girl with lady B had her mouth agape when their car was cut off by lady A. Then, she looked even more surprised when seeing her "Mom" flip the bird so emphatically.

After getting past the orange cones and the construction area, lady B sped up to lady A, pulled along side her in the left lane and yelled at her. Then she sped up again and violently merged into the right lane and cut off lady A, almost clipping her front bumper, just as lady A had done to her.

Next, lady A repeated the same exact scenerio again. She sped up, pulled beside lady B, screamed at her, then sped up again and cut off lady B. Lady A did throw in a few violent swerving motions for good measure when she was beside lady B, slightly running lady B off of the road. When she cut off lady B, there was almost no room between lady B and a semi truck in front of her. She dangerously sandwiched her car between the two.

Now we go to the next level in this story. The semi truck driver was watching all of this in his rear view mirror. He obviously took sides in this battle and thought retribution needed to be given to lady A who was now right behind him on his bumper and he thought he was the one that needed to administer that retribution. The semi truck driver slammed on his brakes. Lady A, directly behind him slammed on her breaks and quickly, crazily swerved into the left lane and barely avoided nailing the truck in the rear. Then, when she was beside the semi truck, he swerved into her lane running her off the road and into the left emergency lane.

Lady A recovered and tried to pull back onto the roadway. Lady B sped up and wouldn't let her back onto the roadway. Lady A sped up faster and pulled in front of lady B. Then she sped up, swerved into the right lane and cut off the semi truck. The entrance ramp to I-69
was quickly coming up. Lady A almost missed the ramp and swerved onto the ramp so quickly that she almost lost control. She sped off leaving lady B and the semi truck westbound on I-435. Lady B pulled up beside the semi truck and gave the driver a visual high 5. He gave one back to her. The incident was over.

All of this took place in about 90 seconds.

It's interesting that this involved two women drivers.

I typed this really quickly. I apologize for any misspelllings, as well as any puctuation or grammer errors.

Discuss............

Saulbadguy
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Discuss............
I wish their had been an accident and you all sustained life-threatening injuries in a fiery, gruesome car crash.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow...

I worked with a guy who said he got cut off by a guy. So he pulled up beside him and flipped him the bird, and a guy pulls out a GUN and points it at the guy I know... He said he didn't know if the gun was real or not, and didn't want to know.

Its a mad world nowadays...

Moooo

Cochise
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Was it Danielle Sargeant?

Bwana
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I was on the road toay for about 200 miles and the idiots are out in full force.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
pfff that aint ****in nothin and hardly worth of a 2 day post.

StcChief
So the lady in the left ending lane needed to merge but
wouldn't go behind anyone...

Knew about the lane closure for how long???????

No sympathy for folks that hang in the lane that is ending until the end and expect to be just let in.

You have seen the signs Merge ahead and still just cruise along.

Siding with Lady B.

Gonzo
You know what really grinds my gears?

Moooo
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM

No sympathy for folks that hang in the lane that is ending until the end and expect to be just let in.

Siding with Lady B.

Not to mention she was the instigator being the first one to almost hit someone...

I still don't see how anyone could do that with a kid in the car, whether to start it or in retaliation.

Moooo

NJ Chief Fan
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
was jake plummer driving

Bwana
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I wish their had been an accident and you all sustained life-threatening injuries in a fiery, gruesome car crash.

Or at the very least gun play! :bang:I will say this all bullshit aside, if I ever got run off the road by a semi and I knew the guy did it on purpose, my .454 casull would come out and his truck would have 5 very large holes in it.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Or at the very least gun play! :bang:I will say this all bullshit aside, if I ever got run off the road by a semi and I knew the guy did it on purpose, my .454 casull would come out and his truck would have 5 very large holes in it.

like in T-2?

ROFL

thats a nice thought.

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I wish their had been an accident and you all sustained life-threatening injuries in a fiery, gruesome car crash. Then who would tell the story? :clap:

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Was it Danielle Sargeant? Nope. All parties involved were caucasion. :p

Bwana
06-30-2006, 03:02 PM
like in T-2?

ROFL

thats a nice thought.

heh! Damn right. :)

mlyonsd
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
The truck driver should get his CDL pulled.

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
I was on the road toay for about 200 miles and the idiots are out in full force. This happened yesterday. Did I say that? Oh, well. It doesn't matter.

Count Alex's Losses
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
That sounds like a scene from an action movie. Did you see any cameras?

DanT
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
It's amazing that there isn't a lot more gunplay out on the road. Seriously, some people drive like they don't care that they are putting you at increased risk of harm. They're asking to get shot, it seems to me.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
This happened yesterday. Did I say that? Oh, well. It doesn't matter.

i think youre making it up.
youre so full of shit about everything else. someone probably told you this story and you just added more lies to it.

Inspector
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Whew!

I'm out of breath. That was pretty exciting!

ck_IN
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Women, roads, and vehicles. Some things just don't go together. :shake:

Cochise
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I got no sympathy for people who run all the way up the lane until it's closed and then squeeze in. I don't let them in either.

Bwana
06-30-2006, 03:10 PM
This happened yesterday. Did I say that? Oh, well. It doesn't matter.

My point was, they haven't left the interstate system. I get to experience them yet again tomorrow. There is some kind of a biker convention in town with THOUSANDS of bikers around here. These aren't hells angels types. These are more like Biff and Muffy buying a goldwing and trailering it across the country and only riding it when they get to their desired end point which much to my ****ing delight, is Billings this weekend. :shake: Half of these assholes drive like old people ****. :cuss: I had a bunch of them in front of me in a two lane doing 45 in a 70 for about 25 miles before I could get past them. I was driving the company car, but tomorrow I will be in my 3/4 super duty with the monster brush guard. Something tells me they will get the hell out of the way tomorrow. :evil:

Rain Man
06-30-2006, 03:11 PM
It's all fun and games until someone needs the Jaws of Life.

StcChief
06-30-2006, 03:11 PM
was jake plummer driving
Taurus/Maxima

Not a ghey Element the lady 's hair maybe the hippie shaved the beard

sedated
06-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Women, roads, and vehicles. Some things just don't go together. :shake:

I can think of one instance where go together nicely.

as long as she is in the passenger seat

AndChiefs
06-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Siding with Lady B.

Definitely agree...I hate it when you see a merge coming so everyone goes into the "right" lane only to see a car go speeding by in the lane which is ending and expecting to be let in right away.

Be a little courteous, we have to get where we're going too.

OmahaChief
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I got no sympathy for people who run all the way up the lane until it's closed and then squeeze in. I don't let them in either.

That was exaclty my thoughts on the subject. When the OP said that lady B was a butthole for not letting A in, I became pissed off. These aholes that know the lane is ending but refuse to position themselves early enough to merge into the other lane piss me off. What makes them so effin special that they speed past 20 other cars that moved over knowing the lane was ending. I never let one of these jerkoffs in and always give them a big smile and a finger for their efforts. Eff those lowlife jackballs. I personally wish flat tires and broken taillights on all of them. Move the heck over when you see the effin sign and quit trying to gain that oh so improtant 15 to 30 secs. Eff you, Eff your cars and Eff all your mothers in a rear.

Moooo
06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Definitely agree...I hate it when you see a merge coming so everyone goes into the "right" lane only to see a car go speeding by in the lane which is ending and expecting to be let in right away.

Be a little courteous, we have to get where we're going too.

But they're special!!

Totally agree with you. To me, its like saying that you're more important than me. And although I'm not better than these people, they sure aren't better than me either.

Moooo

ChiefFripp
06-30-2006, 03:20 PM

Siding with Lady B.
Same...up to the part where she cuts off lady a just to get revenge, with a kid in her car. Revenge on the road is stupid and just creates another chance for a huge accident, maybe killing people who had nothing to do with it.

Rooster
06-30-2006, 03:28 PM
That sounded like a scene from Smokey and the Bandit. The semi driver didn't go by the name Snowman did he? :)

Cochise
06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
That was exaclty my thoughts on the subject. When the OP said that lady B was a butthole for not letting A in, I became pissed off. These aholes that know the lane is ending but refuse to position themselves early enough to merge into the other lane piss me off. What makes them so effin special that they speed past 20 other cars that moved over knowing the lane was ending. I never let one of these jerkoffs in and always give them a big smile and a finger for their efforts. Eff those lowlife jackballs. I personally wish flat tires and broken taillights on all of them. Move the heck over when you see the effin sign and quit trying to gain that oh so improtant 15 to 30 secs. Eff you, Eff your cars and Eff all your mothers in a rear.

Amen. As usual GF's post annoyed me in under a second.

:# those people who think their time is more important than everyone else's. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

sedated
06-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

I used to say that when I worked in the travel industry and people were running late and thought I was the appropriate one to b!tch at.

they didn't like it too much, I actually had a guy take a swing at me.

BIG_DADDY
06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
3 weeks ago I was on 101 and got passed by a taxi driver trying to pass another car and the guy kept swerving in front of him to not let him pass. They were going well over 100MPH. I would have reported a plate if I could have seen one but they were driving too fast and I wasn't about to go 120 to try and catch up.

About a year ago I saw a guy cut another one off so he couldn't move. He then got out and punched punched him right through his window. People need to get a grip it's friggen ridiculous.

Baby Lee
06-30-2006, 03:40 PM
It's all fun and games until someone needs the Jaws of Life.
A guy with road rage totalled my car back in 99.
I was coming up 55 south of St. Louis, when I got to the area of South County Mall, where 55 and 255/270 merged and crossed over. He came off the Lindbergh on ramp and I was in the right lane and the lanes were full to my lef], so he had to slow and pull in behind me.
Then he went to the leftmost lane, almost clipping my rearend, and passed me HOLDING UP A CARDBOARD SIGN WITH '**** YOU!!!' written in permanent marker.
I said, "time to leave this guy behind." So I accelerated to 105 or so and got a couple of miles ahead of him.
So I settle back down and am tooling back home at 60-65, now in the left lane, up against the median.
All of the sudden, about 5 minutes later, his broke ass Festiva flies by me, pulls directly in front of me, and slams on the brakes.
My putting on the brake wedges my driver's side front fender into the median and flips me around smacking my passenger rear into the median as well.
He never stopped. I gave the police a description. The insurance company never followed up. I ended up with a new version of the same car out of the settlement. I tried to push the investigation, but when the insurance assured me in writing there would be no negative reflection on my record, I gave up pestering the authorities.

Baby Lee
06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I generally straddle the lane line, so I keep my place in line, and stop people from passing me down that last little sliver.

Clint in Wichita
06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Lady B had the right-of-way. Lady A should go fu_k herself.

I hate it when people merging onto a highway act as if everyone should go out of their way to accomodate them. Even worse are those on the highway that DO go out of their way to let the mergers in...fu_king up traffic flow on the highway/freeway in the process.

BIG_DADDY
06-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Then he went to the leftmost lane, almost clipping my rearend, and passed me HOLDING UP A CARDBOARD SIGN WITH '**** YOU!!!' written in permanent marker.

Must of seen you coming. ROFL

Glad you came out alright.

Baby Lee
06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Must of seen you coming. ROFL

Glad you came out alright.
That was part of why I was pursuing tracking him down. The thought of a guy who thinks "the middle finger isn't sufficient. I need a sign at the ready to let people know how pissed off I am" was a little scary.

StcChief
06-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I generally straddle the lane line, so I keep my place in line, and stop people from passing me down that last little sliver.

Use to do that when I drove junk...to not let these JA's pass in the left ending merge....

With Road rage, JA's carrying guns, etc. I just let it go now.

If they wreck/break down I will never stop or use my cell to help them.

BIG_DADDY
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM

I hate it when people merging onto a highway act as if everyone should go out of their way to accomodate them. Even worse are those on the highway that DO go out of their way to let the mergers in...fu_king up traffic flow on the highway/freeway in the process.

You sound like a real pleasure on the road. Bet you carry cardboard and a permanent marker too.

Baby Lee
06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
You sound like a real pleasure on the road. Bet you carry cardboard and a permanent marker too.
CiW, rockin' the rusted out Festiva!!! ROFL ROFL

Der Flöprer
06-30-2006, 03:54 PM

You're wrong. When a lane is ending due to construction drivers MUST allow other drivers to merge out of their lane. Same as you must allow someone to merge onto the freeway from an offramp. I'm an aggressive driver, it pisses me off too, but legally you are obligated to let them in.

Der Flöprer
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
CiW, rockin' the rusted out Festiva!!! ROFL ROFL

ROFL I could easily see someone here on the planet thinking to themself "No shit. That was Baby Lee?!"

sedated
06-30-2006, 04:00 PM
A CARDBOARD SIGN WITH 'F*CK YOU!!!' written in permanent marker.

:hmmm:

that's a pretty good idea

FAX
06-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Okay. Who would you rather hit?

Lady A, Lady B, Lady B's daughter or the truck driver?

FAX

Cochise
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing that if I were driving a Festiva I would have a lot of pent-up anger too.

Bwana
06-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing that if I were driving a Festiva I would have a lot of pent-up anger too.

No doubt! ROFL

Life would be one big kick in the balls after another.

morphius
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
The amazing thing to me is that the people trying to jump the line of cars don't realize that it was someone just like them that caused everyone to have to slow down in the first place, and they are going to slow it down even more.

Now when people are merging onto the interstate I have no issue letting them in, its something you just have to deal with if you are in the right lane.

Of course right now the thing that is really getting my goat is the 5 people who feel they have to run the red light in the Metcalf/I-35/College area, just a real pain in the ass. Of course do you see the cops cracking down on it at all, no...

Oh well, still get where I'm going.

FAX
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
We need cars with automatic chicken noodle soup sprayers.

Then, when someone cuts you off, BAM!! Let 'em have it with a gallon of chicken noodle soup right in the radiator.

Campbell's. When You Just Can't Take It Anymore.

FAX

Lzen
06-30-2006, 04:16 PM

No doubt! ROFL

Life would be one big kick in the balls after another.

Must've been DaKCMan AP

morphius
06-30-2006, 04:17 PM

Then, when someone cuts you off, BAM!! Let 'em have it with a gallon of chicken noodle soup right in the radiator.

FAX
I don't know about that, there are too many idiot out there that flip you off because they cut you off, slowed down and never used a turn signal.

Lzen

FAX

:LOL: Especially those guys in apricot colored cars.

Fish

Can we get it in Tomato flavor too? Cause that would kick ass.......

Hydrae
06-30-2006, 04:21 PM
As to the people not merging until the last second, we all learned that lesson in grade school, NO CUTS! :cuss:

I was in Portland a couple weeks ago and within an hour of landing, saw 3 accidents, one of which occurred directly in front of me. The first two had recently happened as the cops weren't even on the scene yet. The last one was downright funny though.

I am heading north on I-5 headed into Vancouver at 4:30 on a Monday afternoon (those who have been there know how silly this was even if it was Memorial Day). I am in the left lane cruising at about 20 MPH in stop and go traffic. The guy in front of me looks down at something on his seat just as the person in front of him hits the brakes. Well, by the time he looks up it is too late to get stopped. Then the hilarity ensues as the young woman in the front car jumps out of the car (remember, they are in the left lane of the highway) and starts just screaming at him: "What the **** is your problem" while jumping up and down. I thought she was going to pull him out of the car or something. Her passenger was hanging out the drivers door looking like she was also going to try to beat on the guy. Finally they get back in the car, pull 1/2 way onto the shoulder and go about their business. Didn't leave me much room to get around but I didn't see any reason for me to stick around. The image of her jumping up and down screaming at the guy was hilarious though, I loved it!

Boyceofsummer
06-30-2006, 04:23 PM
live another day, save your own life. What is a FEW SECONDS in the grand scheme of things?

morphius
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Hell, I had a guy make an illegal right hand turn onto a 45mph lane pulling into the left lane instead of the right lane and was mad that I swerved around him and I was only doing the speed limit. It was great, he sat behind me flipping me off and then got into a left turn lane and pulled up next to me to start yelling at me. I reached down, turned down the radio, casually rolled down my window, slowly took off my sunglasses and just stared straight past his girlfriend in the passenger and let him finish his rant about me driving to fast, blah, blah, blah and that I should never mess with his car again.

I just stated to him that I was doing the speed limit and that he had forced me to swerve around him because turning into the left lane was illegal. Now, back in those days I had very intense eyes, and the girl friend was staring at me and as he started to reply she completely just cut him off and just said, "DRIVE! JUST DRIVE!".

I thought I was going to have to pull over so I could finish laughing.

Fish
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
That's it.... from now on I'm driving with a party hat on.... everywhere I go.... partyhat....

Maybe they'll smile instead of gettin pissed.....

MOhillbilly
06-30-2006, 04:31 PM
i brake checked a guy on 13 hwy once. He pulls up past the turn jumps out and starts screaming an runnin towards my truck.
The D.E. i pointed at him changed his direction.

morphius
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
That's it.... from now on I'm driving with a party hat on.... everywhere I go.... partyhat....

Maybe they'll smile instead of gettin pissed.....
I figured blowing them a kiss when they flip me off would make them happy, 'cause normally when people blow me a kiss it makes me happy. But for some reason it just doesn't work.

Jenny Gump
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I had to give a witness account of road rage incident about two years ago. It was disturbing. One guy got out and beat the crap out of another guy. The victim actually was handicapped and already had to use a walker to get around.

StcChief
06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Okay. Who would you rather hit?

Lady A, Lady B, Lady B's daughter or the truck driver?

FAX

Be the Devil in 'End of Days'
Do the merged lady B and Lady B's daughter.
:p

FAX
06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Be the Devil in 'End of Days'
Do the merged lady B and Lady B's daughter.
:p

Not a bad choice, Mr. nm_dbf. Not a bad choice at all.

But, I think I'd go for Lady A. She strikes me as an absolute hell cat.

FAX

sedated
06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
i brake checked a guy on 13 hwy once. He pulls up past the turn jumps out and starts screaming an runnin towards my truck.
The D.E. i pointed at him changed his direction.

I love break-checking assh0les into some soiled shorts

Big Dog
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Orginally posted by Mr. Flopnuts
You're wrong. When a lane is ending due to construction drivers MUST allow other drivers to merge out of their lane. Same as you must allow someone to merge onto the freeway from an offramp. I'm an aggressive driver, it pisses me off too, but legally you are obligated to let them in.

Did someone change the road laws and forget to tell me? A yeild while entering the highway and a merge sign indicate clearly that you DO NOT have the right of way. Those all ready traveling in the through lanes do.

Do people really think otherwise? It explains a lot of stupid driving behavior.

Big Dog
06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
FYI I checked the Missouri drivers guide (sorry no link...it's a pdf) and it clearly states traffic entering the highway DOES NOT have the right of way and must come to a complete stop on the entrance ramp if necessary...still looking for the language on the merge....

I suspect it is the same in all states.

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
It's interesting that this involved two women drivers.
Discuss............
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/imawalkingcorpse/womend2.gif

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Amen. As usual GF's post annoyed me in under a second.

:# those people who think their time is more important than everyone else's. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Just for clarification, lady A was totally at fault. She started the whole episode. But, lady B was totally wrong by participating. Lady A was stupid for waiting until the last second to merge. Lady B was being a butthole by purposely not letting her merge. You had to be there to see it to understand what lady B did. But, overall, lady A has the majority of liability in this event.

John_Wayne
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
3 weeks ago I was on 101 and got passed by a taxi driver trying to pass another car and the guy kept swerving in front of him to not let him pass. They were going well over 100MPH. I would have reported a plate if I could have seen one but they were driving too fast and I wasn't about to go 120 to try and catch up.

About a year ago I saw a guy cut another one off so he couldn't move. He then got out and punched punched him right through his window. People need to get a grip it's friggen ridiculous. I'll quote you - "you're a snitch". You should let them commit whatever crimes they want to. There was no accident. It was a victimless crime, right?

plbrdude
06-30-2006, 06:42 PM
strange ... it took alot longer than 90 seconds to read all that

Cochise
06-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Of course right now the thing that is really getting my goat is the 5 people who feel they have to run the red light in the Metcalf/I-35/College area, just a real pain in the ass. Of course do you see the cops cracking down on it at all, no...

Oh well, still get where I'm going.

When I worked down there I hated that. It seemed like the worst place was 119th and Metcalf. The light would turn red but like 10 more cars making left turns went right on through anyways. It should be punishable by caning.

Or maybe we should employ the unemployed somehow for this situation. They could sit on top of a tower of some sort, and when a car runs a red light, they fire a cinderblock at it. Scoring a direct hit = $20 bonus

morphius
06-30-2006, 07:49 PM
When I worked down there I hated that. It seemed like the worst place was 119th and Metcalf. The light would turn red but like 10 more cars making left turns went right on through anyways. It should be punishable by caning.

Or maybe we should employ the unemployed somehow for this situation. They could sit on top of a tower of some sort, and when a car runs a red light, they fire a cinderblock at it. Scoring a direct hit = $20 bonus
Hell, you get a few cops down there a few times and people would probably stop it. But when the cops just watch it happen and don't do anything people act like it is okay.

Big Dick Jones
06-30-2006, 07:54 PM

FAX
I prefer a .50 caliber Machine gun.

Demonpenz
07-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I confess I turned right on red light at metcalf going to fuel yesterday and pulled out pretty close to a car behind me. Sorry whoever you are i wanted to hit on some girls at fuel.

Moooo
07-01-2006, 12:14 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/imawalkingcorpse/womend2.gif

If this is real data... I'm suprised. I was always under the impression girls get into more fender-benders, but guys total their vehicles out when they do crash, therefore costing more money.

Moooo

kregger
07-01-2006, 12:18 AM
If this is real data... I'm suprised. I was always under the impression girls get into more fender-benders, but guys total their vehicles out when they do crash, therefore costing more money.

Moooo
Shit, anymore a fender bender is a total when appraised.

Moooo
07-01-2006, 12:19 AM

True. I still question why guys insurance is more money than girls...

Moooo

StcChief
07-01-2006, 07:43 AM

If the airbags deploy it's over...

$5-7K just to make the air bags work again.

Any front end damage non-bent frame. a normal $5-6K
would likley total the car because the air bag cost.

Rain Man
07-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I prefer a .50 caliber Machine gun.

Don't underestimate chicken noodle soup.

Gravedigger
07-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna say the same thing I say to myself every time I see a stupid driver around my vehicle.... Stupid drivers deserve to die. It's simple I know it sounds heartless and cruel but if you don't know how to drive responsibly, or are driving irresponsibly to where you could hurt another, you deserve to be taken off the road by force if necessary. Cops protect and serve by giving tickets hopefully letting the person know that they are a stupid driver but sometimes natural selection should be allowed to take course. I don't like to see people injured but there are some I wouldn't lift a finger to save if they got into an accident that they caused. Lady A deserved to smash into the semi and be sent a message if I'm reading the story correctly The semi would've recieved a slight nudge but the Lady A would've totalled her car or recieved bodily injury which maybe both needed to happen for her to understand the concept of intelligence. If I were in your position and Lady A had gotten into a wreck or spun out of control I would've laughed and said thats what ya get. :drool:

StcChief
07-01-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm gonna say the same thing I say to myself every time I see a stupid driver around my vehicle.... Stupid drivers deserve to die. It's simple I know it sounds heartless and cruel but if you don't know how to drive responsibly, or are driving irresponsibly to where you could hurt another, you deserve to be taken off the road by force if necessary. Cops protect and serve by giving tickets hopefully letting the person know that they are a stupid driver but sometimes natural selection should be allowed to take course. I don't like to see people injured but there are some I wouldn't lift a finger to save if they got into an accident that they caused. Lady A deserved to smash into the semi and be sent a message if I'm reading the story correctly The semi would've recieved a slight nudge but the Lady A would've totalled her car or recieved bodily injury which maybe both needed to happen for her to understand the concept of intelligence. If I were in your position and Lady A had gotten into a wreck or spun out of control I would've laughed and said thats what ya get. :drool:

Yep. Learning the 'Hard way' is the only way some learn....

Lady A will bite it eventually. Maybe a Darwin Award will be her last claim to fame.

penchief
07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I think people who ride the left lane all the way to the last second while most everybody else already obeyed the traffic signs are arrogant pricks. Especially when they act like those who have been dealing with the slow traffic all along are obligated to let them in at the very last second.

I also hate it when people who are speeding try to intimidate you into driving faster by tailgating. I always think to myself, "what if I was an oldster or some kid that just learned to drive?"

FAX
07-02-2006, 03:06 PM
... I also hate it when people who are speeding try to intimidate you into driving faster by tailgating. I always think to myself, "what if I was an oldster or some kid that just learned to drive?"

If I had a can of chicken noodle soup for everytime that happened to me, Mr. penchief, I could take over the entire city of Denver.

FAX

Adept Havelock
07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
I think people who ride the left lane all the way to the last second while most everybody else already obeyed the traffic signs are arrogant pricks. Especially when they act like those who have been dealing with the slow traffic all along are obligated to let them in at the very last second.

Which is why I delight in staying just close enough to the car in front of me so those *@&!! can't merge when they run out of road. :D

I also hate it when people who are speeding try to intimidate you into driving faster by tailgating. I always think to myself, "what if I was an oldster or some kid that just learned to drive?"

I don't travel in a passing lane, so my rule is the closer you get, the slower I go. Unless I see the car tailgating is quite expensive. Then I frequently enjoy a quick break stomp or three. "Oops, a squirrel". :p

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Before I can select sides... I must know, who was hotter? Lady A or Lady B and her daughter.

stevieray
07-02-2006, 03:52 PM

hell has just frozen over.

It's amazing the abuse you'll recieve by obeying the traffic laws.

are you there yet? (bumper sticker)

greg63
07-02-2006, 03:56 PM
If I had a can of chicken noodle soup for everytime that happened to me, Mr. penchief, I could take over the entire city of Denver.

FAX

Chicken noodle soup eh? :hmmm:

dj56dt58
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Ryan Sims driving the truck and maybe he dropped his cheeseburger?

Amnorix
07-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Helluva lot of aggressive driving here in Boston, but only witnessed two incidents of road rage.

Once was at 2:00 a.m. or something on a main highway. I pass a car. Nothing special. I'm doing 75 or 80 or whatever. I was in the left lane. We're about the only two cars on the road.

I float into the middle lane of the highway (it's 3 lanes) because I'm reaching a split and need to fork to the right. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about 2 minutes after I had passed him, the guy comes roaring up on my right and swerves right in front of me. My buddy and I look at each other like "WTF?" We were mere inches from a serious accident (since I was still doing 80 and he was now doing like a buck ten), and neither of us has any frigging idea why.

The other one was kind of funny. I slow down and get in line at the George Washington Bridge toll plaza in NYC. It's a warm summer day and windows are down. A woman and a guy, in adjacent lanes, are freaking SCREAMING at each other about something. No idea what the hell happened, but two sailors couldn't've performed better magic with the English language. Nothing else happened, but I was wondering if someone wasn't going to do something even more stupid.