PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared...thinking about quitting.

ChiefButthurt
07-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I know that I'm a nOOb so to speak around the Planet, however I have some concern. Is anyone else thinking that the Planet has been infested by the MOB. Many of the "oldtimers" have disappeared. I'd rather not say their name for fear of retaliation.

Just wondering....

wutamess
07-01-2006, 09:27 AM
You sir are not just a n00b... You're a dumbass n00b.

nychief
07-01-2006, 09:35 AM
the off season blows

morphius
07-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I haven't see said issue other then Skip not posting right now.

Braincase
07-01-2006, 09:39 AM
I haven't see said issue other then Skip not posting right now.

I think Skip is still recovering from having a gleet removed Deadwood style.

Baconeater
07-01-2006, 09:40 AM
The n00bs have assumed complete control.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
The n00bs have assumed complete control.

We need skip to lower the noob population. They can get out of control, like rats. :shake:

milkman
07-01-2006, 10:38 AM
We need skip to lower the noob population. They can get out of control, like rats. :shake:

One minute, people are bitching and moaning that Skip, Simplex, and I are to hard on n00bs, the next you're crying that no one is giving them a hard time.

WTF do you people want?

And who the **** are you, besides another useless ****in' n00b.

Shut the **** up.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
One minute, people are bitching and moaning that Skip, Simplex, and I are to hard on n00bs, the next you're crying that no one is giving them a hard time.

WTF do you people want?

Shut the **** up.

I'm hyperlite.............................................................BITCH! ROFL

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree milkman, I am definately a useless noob and part of the problem.

Score:

milkman: 1
useless noob: 0

Baconeater
07-01-2006, 10:51 AM

WTF do you people want?

Shut the **** up.
Ironically, it seemed that it was mostly long-timers that didn't like Skip's act.

milkman
07-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Ironically, it seemed that it was mostly long-timers that didn't like Skip's act.

It was really a small group that didn't like Skip's act.

milkman
07-01-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm hyperlite.............................................................BITCH! ROFL

Who are you calling bitch?

You wouldn't know a bitch if she walked up to you and smacked ya with her loose twat lips.

And if that happened, you'd be so con****led that you actualy got that close to pussy, you'd cream your shorts.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Who are you calling bitch?

You wouldn't know a bitch if she walked up to you and smacked ya with her loose twat lips.

And if that happened, you'd be so con****led that you actualy got that close to pussy, you'd cream your shorts.

This is very amusing at 11 in the morning. ROFL

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
OK, I've got one.

Man: "Hey, man there's some HOT blonde lesbians making out the shower".

milkman: "Who cares if they're from Lesbia?"

Twas my best effort. I think yours was much better though. My "owning people" skills are not anywhere near yours.

updated score:

milkman: 2
useless noOb: 0

milkman
07-01-2006, 11:17 AM
This is very amusing at 11 in the morning. ROFL

Amusing?

Useles ****in' n00b doesn't even know when you've been insulted.

I bet you're still ****in' amused by those they things they hang above a baby's crib to keep them entertained.

|Zach|
07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
This board is better sans Skip.

greg63
07-01-2006, 11:23 AM

WTF do you people want?

Shut the **** up.

:clap::clap::clap:

milkman
07-01-2006, 11:24 AM
This board is better sans Skip.

I'm somewhat surprised that people let others get under their skin so easily.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Amusing?

Useles ****in' n00b doesn't even know when you've been insulted.

I bet you're still ****in' amused by those they things they hang above a baby's crib to keep them entertained.

Yes, very amusing. C'mon ye can do better than that. I liked the bitch one better, though.

|Zach|
07-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that people let others get under their skin so easily.
It wasn't reallt too personal for me at that point. It isn't a secret I wasn't a big fan of his but we didn't really have any problems in a long time.

I just think he helped create a culture on this board that made new posters who could be quality contributors want to leave and encouraged complete dumbasses.

His whole 100 post thread schtick\obsession was getting weird as well.

milkman
07-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes, very amusing. C'mon ye can do better than that. I liked the bitch one better, though.

No.
The act is difficult to maintain when there's no real disdain for the post, or poster.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 11:36 AM
No.
The act is difficult to maintain when there's no real disdain for the post, or poster.

I have found a weakness. :hmmm: But then again, you can get me for this post.:hmmm: :shrug: My compliments to your act, though. :)

milkman
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I have found a weakness. :hmmm: But then again, you can get me for this post.:hmmm: :shrug: My compliments to your act, though. :)

Ya got me.

My weakness is that I'm only an asshole to dumbass morons (I know, redundant), and only a dumbass moron would try to exploit it.

That is what I'd call a catch-22.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Ya got me.

My weakness is that I'm only an asshole to dumbass morons (I know, redundant), and only a dumbass moron would try to exploit it.

That is what I'd call a catch-22.

Nice one! Alright, you can bitch at me later. I'm leaving. Talk you ya later. Thank you for your excellent "owning a noob" efforts. You have been an excellent asshole!

Frazod
07-01-2006, 12:08 PM
It was really a small group that didn't like Skip's act.

Count me among them.

Skip clearly suffered some sort of FloridaChief/RaidersRock meltdown. Between his endless n00b rantings, his ridiculous quest to create the most 100 post thread (WHO CARES?), and his egomanical claims that he was somehow the heart and soul of the BB, I had personally had enough.

When that small group includes people like Zach, Morphius and ENDelt, it's clear that the offender has issues. I like Skip, and I hope he can pull his head out of his ass and come back and be a good contributor again. But we're better off without him the way he was at the end.

JimNasium
07-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Count me among them.

Skip clearly suffered some sort of FloridaChief/RaidersRock meltdown. Between his endless n00b rantings, his ridiculous quest to create the most 100 post thread (WHO CARES?), and his egomanical claims that he was somehow the heart and soul of the BB, I had personally had enough.

When that small group includes people like Zach, Morphius and ENDelt, it's clear that the offender has issues. I like Skip, and I hope he can pull his head out of his ass and come back and be a good contributor again. But we're better off without him the way he was at the end.
You can count me in that "bigger than you think" group. I like Mike. I've met him personally but somewhere along the line he got off track with regards to this board. There are numerous examples of posters who end up with what I'll call the "Goat Cheese" syndrome and overestimate their importance to this community.

EDIT - Mike = Skip for those that need the decoder ring.

Frazod
07-01-2006, 12:15 PM
You can count me in that "bigger than you think" group. I like Mike. I've met him personally but somewhere along the line he got off track with regards to this board. There are numerous examples of posters who end up with what I'll call the "Goat Cheese" syndrome and overestimate their importance to this community.

EDIT - Mike = Skip for those that need the decoder ring.

Good analogy.

milkman
07-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Count me among them.

I don't question his rantings, and the fact that they became ridiculous in the extreme.

I just found it rather easy to ignore him, rather than let him get under my skin.

pr_capone
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I just think he helped create a culture on this board that made new posters who could be quality contributors want to leave and encouraged complete dumbasses.

I could not possibly agree more.

Though I realize that I have not proved myself yet to be a quality contributor to the forum.... I think I have taken a step in the right direction and am extremely loyal to the Chiefs.

With that said, I was wary of posting here for a very long time because of Skip and posters like him. I felt very unwelcome here. I finally got sick of him and we had a rather open flame war in the Lounge.

Though we did not run into eachother again after that, I'm still left with a bad taste regarding the whole mess. I, for one, have not missed him.

tk13
07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
The 100 post thing is the one thing I really didn't understand. I thought that was just a big joke, then as it went along he started acting like he was being serious and getting angry about it. I'm still not sure what "reality" was...haha.

alanm
07-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Skip left???
Guess I haven't been on much lately to notice. It's the absolute dead part of the offseason at the moment and I do have somewhat of a life. :)
I usually just log on to read the Royals game thread if there is one. :hmmm:

JimNasium
07-01-2006, 12:26 PM
The 100 post thing is the one thing I really didn't understand. I thought that was just a big joke, then as it went along he started acting like he was being serious and getting angry about it. I'm still not sure what "reality" was...haha.
I'm not sure about with Skip but with some other posters I'm pretty sure that the attention that they get on the board is the only validation that they have in their lives. That can lead to some seriously bizarre and pathetic behavior.

|Zach|
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
There are some posters I dislike alot but still have respect for...that went out the door for Skip when he went on his "policemen are not people and should be killed" rants. Openly celebrating the death of a police officer.

go bowe
07-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Count me among them.

When that small group includes people like Zach, Morphius and ENDelt, it's clear that the offender has issues. I like Skip, and I hope he can pull his head out of his ass and come back and be a good contributor again. But we're better off without him the way he was at the end.me too...

don't forget me...

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:30 PM
We need skip to lower the noob population. They can get out of control, like rats. :shake:Like you aren't a n00b?

I am sure, if Skip were here, he would reply to your post with, "SHUT UP N00b!"

pr_capone
07-01-2006, 12:30 PM
There are some posters I dislike alot but still have respect for...that went out the door for Skip when he went on his "policemen are not people and should be killed" rants. Openly celebrating the death of a police officer.

I completely missed that!

*sigh*

Simply WOW.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree milkman, I am definately a useless noob and part of the problem.

Score:

milkman: 1
useless noob: 0Since this is the World Cup, you win.

go bowe
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure about with Skip but with some other posters I'm pretty sure that the attention that they get on the board is the only validation that they have in their lives. That can lead to some seriously bizarre and pathetic behavior.damn, caught again... :( :( :(

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
It was really a small group that didn't like Skip's act.Of course, I haven 't read through the thread yet, but could you name names? PM me.

JimNasium
damn, caught again... :( :( :(
ROFL

milkman
I'm not sure about with Skip but with some other posters I'm pretty sure that the attention that they get on the board is the only validation that they have in their lives. That can lead to some seriously bizarre and pathetic behavior.

I think with Skip, he used that as something of a validation to his existence on the planet, when people questioned his obsession with n00bs.

For others, starting new threads was just the "Attention Whore" disease.

I gained something of a rep for being in the same n00b basher category as Skip to some, because I found the "Sorry if this is a repost" from n00bs to be disingenuious.

If you post a thread and tell me you don't give a rat's ass if it's a repost, I can respect that.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes, very amusing. C'mon ye can do better than that. I liked the bitch one better, though.How bout this one. You post like a pansie.

JimNasium
07-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I think with Skip, he used that as something of a validation to his existence on the planet, when people questioned his obsession with n00bs.

For others, starting new threads was just the "Attention Whore" disease.

I gained something of a rep for being in the same n00b basher category as Skip to some, because I found the "Sorry if this is a repost" from n00bs to be disingenuious.

If you post a thread and tell me you don't give a rat's ass if it's a repost, I can respect that.
FTR, I don't consider you to be a part of that "validation seeking" group such as Skip, Goat Cheese and GoBo...

Sorry GoBo, just messin' with ya. :p

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:37 PM

EDIT - Mike = Skip for those that need the decoder ring.I guess I will just be a double naught spy.

Frazod
07-01-2006, 12:37 PM
me too...

don't forget me...

Who are you?

:p

JimNasium
07-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I guess I will just be a double naught spy.
I'm confused. :hmmm:

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I could not possibly agree more.

Though I realize that I have not proved myself yet to be a quality contributor to the forum.... I think I have taken a step in the right direction and am extremely loyal to the Chiefs.

With that said, I was wary of posting here for a very long time because of Skip and posters like him. I felt very unwelcome here. I finally got sick of him and we had a rather open flame war in the Lounge.

Though we did not run into eachother again after that, I'm still left with a bad taste regarding the whole mess. I, for one, have not missed him.Welcome to the Planet. He slapped me arround pretty good at one point as well. Called me stupid, Clevis, Clyde, all kinds of petty Oakie shit.

I just saw to it that I waited for the shithook to say something dumb then returned the favor.

I just think he is a lonely old man and we are his family. I wouldn't be too hard on him though. Getting old, really does suck.

keg in kc
07-01-2006, 12:42 PM
It's the PPL!!

Down with the PPL!!!

go bowe
07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
getting old doesn't suck that much...

milkman
07-01-2006, 12:44 PM
It's the PPL!!

Down with the PPL!!!

Power to the PPL!

JimNasium
Please tell us about getting old grandpappy.:D

go bowe
omg, the ppl?

run! :eek: :eek: :eek:

go bowe
07-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Please tell us about getting old grandpappy.:Di've been a granpappy for a few years now, but i don't get to see them very often since they live in michigan..

don't get me wrong, getting old does suck, it just doesn't suck so much that it would excuse skip's behavior...

milkman
07-01-2006, 12:47 PM

It's certainly better than the alternative.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:54 PM
There are some posters I dislike alot but still have respect for...that went out the door for Skip when he went on his "policemen are not people and should be killed" rants. Openly celebrating the death of a police officer.link

|Zach|
07-01-2006, 12:56 PM
link
Sorry, I am out the door...no time for linkage.

I remember being openly shocked along with Kotter and I believe it was Denverchief who was apart of that.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm confused. :hmmm:Something that Skip use to bash people with.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 12:59 PM
getting old doesn't suck that much...There you go again bo. Fine, if you don't want me to know what you do in the privacy of YOUR own bed, then don't advertise it here. :p

week attempt at cross thread humor.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 01:00 PM
i've been a granpappy for a few years now, but i don't get to see them very often since they live in michigan..

don't get me wrong, getting old does suck, it just doesn't suck so much that it would excuse skip's behavior...I don't know, if it wasn't getting sucked, then it would suck.

|Zach|
Went through reps and found it...

Link to post...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2459856&postcount=49

Link to thread...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2459915

keg in kc
I think what gobo means is that as you get old, you don't get sucked as much.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Sorry, I am out the door...no time for linkage.

I remember being openly shocked along with Kotter and I believe it was Denverchief who was apart of that.dude, no linkage, woooah, I am so bummed out right now, I don't know what to do. :bong:

Baconeater
07-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I never allow others to influence my behavior here.

HemiEd
07-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the Planet. He slapped me arround pretty good at one point as well. Called me stupid, Clevis, Clyde, all kinds of petty Oakie shit.

I just saw to it that I waited for the shithook to say something dumb then returned the favor.

I just think he is a lonely old man and we are his family. I wouldn't be too hard on him though. Getting old, really does suck.

I like it better than the alternative. :D

HemiEd
07-01-2006, 01:39 PM
It's certainly better than the alternative.

OOps.

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I would like to take credit for running Skip off, if that is okay.

milkman
07-01-2006, 01:51 PM

Sure.
As long as he doesn't come back to discredit you.

JimNasium
07-01-2006, 01:52 PM
What are you doing here? I thought Logical had run you off.

Der Flöprer
07-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I didn't know Skip was in a band.

http://skiptowne.com/

Which one do you think is Skip?

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
What are you doing here? I thought Logical had run you off.

No. Logical is next on the list though. I will take credit for running him off soon...

ChiefButthurt
07-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I really started this tread trying to create some humor. Some would say that I'm not that funny. What I didn't realize it's an apparent sore subject on the disappearance of some of the "oldtimers", I actually thought that this was vacation season. Not that some posters are pissed off and they left the board. No apologies though, ROFL

milkman
07-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I really started this tread trying to create some humor. Some would say that I'm not that funny. What I didn't realize it's an apparent sore subject on the disappearance of some of the "oldtimers", I actually thought that this was vacation season. Not that some posters are pissed off and they left the board. No apologies though, ROFL

Some?

Not that Funny?

Where are these "some"?

And who thinks you're the least bit funny?

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2006, 05:39 PM
it looks like I'm a little late, but....

ChiefButthurt
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Some?

Not that Funny?

Where are these "some"?

And who thinks you're the least bit funny?

Let's just say that those "some" are upstanding citizens of the community and not all are related. Or work for me in my department. Or owe me money. Or...**** you milkman.

milkman
07-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Let's just say that those "some" are upstanding citizens of the community and not all are related. Or work for me in my department. Or owe me money. Or...**** you milkman.

ROFL

Logical
07-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Count me among them.

I just hope that he did not fall off a roof or something. Despite his claims of fitness a man in his 60s working on roofs is pretty aggressive.

Logical
07-01-2006, 08:27 PM
No. Logical is next on the list though. I will take credit for running him off soon...You would have to hire a hit man.:harumph:ROFL

morphius
07-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I just hope that he did not fall off a roof or something. Despite his claims of fitness a man in his 60s working on roofs is pretty aggressive.
He still checks from his account, so he is okay I'm sure. Plus he talks to Chief4me.

Fraz - pretty much if someone on the BB really annoys me, you know they are pretty screwed up as I'm about as laid back as possible.

morphius
07-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Power to the PPL!
Isn't it Smell the PPL?

;)

milkman
07-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Isn't it Smell the PPL?

;)

Wouldn't that make the Planet Party Line coke?

Oh wait, that would be be "sniff" the PPL.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 09:45 PM
OK, it's time to fess up. I'm Mike. Or "Skip Towne" if you prefer. I was getting tired of the "Skip Towne" persona and have been working for a number of years to build up another one in order to let "Skip" die off. RIP Skip. We hardly knew ye.

Donger
07-01-2006, 09:52 PM
While I don't think that I had anything to do with Skip's departure, this thread is rather revealing: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140592&page=1&pp=30

Donger
07-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Plus he talks to Chief4me.

Well, if one person has their finger squarely on the pulse of ChiefsPlanet, it's that lepton.

chiefs4me
07-01-2006, 10:39 PM
While I don't think that I had anything to do with Skip's departure, this thread is rather revealing: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140592&page=1&pp=30

ROFL..you give yourself way to much credit..

Jesus
07-01-2006, 11:02 PM

Why don't you scrog him, and get it over with?

Donger
07-02-2006, 12:31 AM

Credit? What do you mean?

milkman
07-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Credit? What do you mean?

It's a reading comprehension issue.

She clearly didn't understand the part where you said "While I don't think I had anything to do with Skip's departure"