PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed to be an ex- soldier today

kczoo
07-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Piece of sh*t soldiers. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13630952/

SNR
07-01-2006, 12:16 PM
For crying out loud, you have a group of thousands, there's bound to be one or two nuts in the bunch. These killings are waaay overblown by the media, and it's not helping our cause any at all, it's only making the job more difficult for the military.

milkman
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
The military, like any other profession, has it's share of low life scum.

Don't let the alleged action of 5 people affect the pride of your time served.

KChiefs1
07-01-2006, 12:23 PM
all's fair in love & war
war is hell

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM

Very true. You should be proud. For every (alleged) POS like this bunch, or (convicted) POS like Lt. Calley, we have millions who serve well. There's no shame in that.

If true, these POS should be sent to Leavenworth for good. That, or upon conviction just turn them over to the women. It was good enough in Kipling's eyes...... :shrug:

memyselfI
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Piece of sh*t soldiers. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13630952/

I'm sorry you feel that way. These people weren't US soldiers they were barely human beings. I'm no fan of the US military being used to implement asinine US policy but I certainly do not feel the actions of these subhumans are indicative of the entire military. No way. .

Whether or not they are indicative of a failed policy going runamok is another question...

Remember this story is coming to light BECAUSE of decent and responsible and moral soldiers who served with the slime who allegedly did this.

SNR
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. These people weren't US soldiers they were barely human beings. I'm no fan of the US military being used to implement asinine US policy but I certainly do not feel the actions of these subhumans are indicative of the entire military. No way.

Whether or not they are indicative of a failed policy going runamok is another question...Blah blah blah blah blah rich gannon blah blah war is wrong blah blah blah blah blah

kczoo
07-01-2006, 12:32 PM
No way in hell, Id do that to even a female combatant. Let alone kill a kid

milkman
07-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah rich gannon blah blah war is wrong blah blah blah blah blah

I could not possibly agree more.

memyselfI
07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
No way in hell, Id do that to even a female combatant. Let alone kill a kid

Because you are not a subhuman...

memyselfI
07-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah rich gannon blah blah war is wrong blah blah blah blah blah

Their crime had NOTHING to do with war other than it was a heinous crime committed by people in uniform in a war zone.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Very true. You should be proud. For every (alleged) POS like this bunch, or (convicted) POS like Lt. Calley, we have millions who serve well. There's no shame in that.

If true, these POS should be sent to Leavenworth for good. That, or upon conviction just turn them over to the women. It was good enough in Kipling's eyes...... :shrug:
Turn them over to the men....ahh justice. Sounds good to me.:thumb:

I wonder if these incidents have anything to do with the military lowering the standards, including taking criminal types in order to keep getting recruits. Although some were Marines.

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Turn them over to the women....ahh justice. Sounds good to me.:thumb:

I wonder if these incidents have anything to do with the military lowering the standards, including taking criminal types in order to keep getting recruits. Although some were Marines.

Maybe, but incidents like this occur in every war, and every military. One of the most chilling things I've ever heard was about some of the "retaliations" taken out on German civilians by the Red Army, in response for the horrific acts of the Germans in Russia. Thankfully, our military usually hauls these folks out into the light of day and deals with them appropriately.

I'd also disagree that things like this are "overblown". When something ugly like this happens, it needs to be dealt with quickly and decisively. "Sweeping it under the rug" would undercut our goals and credibility far more than dealing with it in public view.

"Justice", indeed. Sadly, much as I like the idea, I'm pretty sure it violates that whole "cruel and unusual" punishment clause. :shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 01:15 PM
actions by our soldiers, such as this, only fuel the worlds anger with the US. And that is sad.

pr_capone
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Every profession has it's psychos, misfits, and criminals.

They are in no way a reflection of the average soldier.

Please don't disrespect the honorable men and women who serve, by putting them in the same discussion as those who may have done what is alleged here.

jidar
07-01-2006, 02:08 PM
all's fair in love & war
war is hell

You'd have to be one incredibly stupid mother****er to make a post like that and have read the article, so I'm going to assume your ignorant ass just didnt read it.

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Their crime had NOTHING to do with war other than it was a heinous crime committed by people in uniform in a war zone.

I'm sorry you feel that way. These people weren't US soldiers they were barely human beings. I'm no fan of the US military being used to implement asinine US policy but I certainly do not feel the actions of these subhumans are indicative of the entire military. No way. .

Whether or not they are indicative of a failed policy going runamok is another question...

Remember this story is coming to light BECAUSE of decent and responsible and moral soldiers who served with the slime who allegedly did this.

Like taking candy from a baby.

jidar
07-01-2006, 02:14 PM

I agree with you. However it seems to be a little more serious:
From the article:

Other convictions, pending cases
The case is among the most serious against U.S. soldiers allegedly involved in the deaths of Iraqi civilians. At least 14 U.S. troops have been convicted.

Last week, seven Marines and one Navy medic were charged with premeditated murder in the shooting death of an Iraqi man near Fallujah west of Baghdad.

U.S. officials are also investigating allegations that U.S. Marines killed two dozen unarmed Iraqi civilians Nov. 19 in the western town of Haditha in a revenge attack after a fellow Marine died in a roadside bombing.

Other cases involve the deaths of three male detainees in Salahuddin province in May, the shooting death of an unarmed Iraqi man near Ramadi in February and the death of an Iraqi soldier after an interrogation at a detention camp in Qaim in 2003.

I wonder if abuse of power has become too easy. Is there accountability for a marines daily actions?

memyselfI
07-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Like taking candy from a baby.

Point is, these individuals would not even be there to be raping an Iraqi woman and killing her and her family if the policy had been effective. The policy has been a disaster and now more of these instance are starting to surface. Again, not indicative of the war as not all warriors perpetuate such horror against civilians. Indicative of people stuck in a situation implementing a failed policy that has no end in sight, perhaps.

Logical
07-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Wasn't this story hashed over yesterday in DC?

kczoo - you should not disparage all soldiers for the actions of a couple of bad apples. What has happened is a terrible injustice and they should be hung by the balls if convicted. But don't disparage the sacrifices of all the other good men and women serving our country for their actions.

milkman
07-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Point is, these individuals would not even be there to be raping an Iraqi woman and killing her and her family if the policy had been effective. The policy has been a disaster and now more of these instance are starting to surface. Again, not indicative of the war as not all warriors perpetuate such horror against civilians. Indicative of people stuck in a situation implementing a failed policy that has no end in sight, perhaps.

No.
The point is, this isn't a story about U.S. politics.
It's a story about criminal behavior.

If I wanted to read about your sorry ass veiw of politics, I'd go to DC to read them.

I don't go there, so don't bring them here.

morphius
07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
And this leads me to my next point, don't smoke crack.

All this shows is that instead of raping someone here, they raped someone somewhere else and most likely this isn't the first time at least one of them had done it to a girl.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Point is, these individuals would not even be there to be raping an Iraqi woman and killing her and her family if the policy had been effective.

True, they would be back in the US raping and killing an American woman most likely. Im just saying.....

CHIEF4EVER
07-01-2006, 05:09 PM
This story was hashed and rehashed in DC. Bottom line is this: If the soldiers are guilty of the allegations, they should and will be punished to the fullest extent of the UCMJ. Same as in peacetime.

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 05:18 PM
This story was hashed and rehashed in DC. Bottom line is this: If the soldiers are guilty of the allegations, they should and will be punished to the fullest extent of the UCMJ. Same as in peacetime.

Mmmmmmm.......hash....and rehash.....

(Corned beef variety, of course). :p

Yep. The UCMJ will handle things just fine. If they are guilty, I still say cast em out to the women and let them deal with it. They can be a heck of a lot more imaginative than the stockade, IMO.

Eskimo Joe
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM

It was my understanding that military prisioners go to Ft. Leavenworth and Portsmouth, NH. Leavenworth is for the"civilian criminals convicted of federal crimes.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Court Martial them. If they are guilty, kill them. End of story.

Eskimo Joe
07-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Court Martial them. If they are guilty, kill them. End of story.

dude, do you know when the last time a military prisioner was executed?

listopencil
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
dude, do you know when the last time a military prisioner was executed?

When is the last time a soldier was convicted of rape and premeditated murder while on duty in a combat zone?

Eskimo Joe
07-01-2006, 05:46 PM
When is the last time a soldier was convicted of rape and premeditated murder while on duty in a combat zone?

You first have to know what it takes to get the death penalty from a courts martial.

You seem to be the expert, when was the last time anyone was convicted of rape and murder while in a combat zone?

Besides, I'm on dialup and it takes a long time to do any kind of search.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 06:00 PM
You first have to know what it takes to get the death penalty from a courts martial.

You seem to be the expert, when was the last time anyone was convicted of rape and murder while in a combat zone?

Besides, I'm on dialup and it takes a long time to do any kind of search.

It was a rhetorical question.

wazu
07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
What a horrible thread title.

kczoo -

When you see stories about killings on the evening news, does it make you ashamed to be an American? When the killers are male, does it make you ashamed to be a man?

Eskimo Joe
07-01-2006, 06:16 PM
It was a rhetorical question.

When defined your rhetorical question must mean that you only want to see the guys killed and have no clue as to what it takes to execute a military person that has been convicted of those crimes.

I'm on dialup, I can't do a search. Check it out and get back to us.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 06:22 PM
When defined your rhetorical question must mean that you only want to see the guys killed and have no clue as to what it takes to execute a military person that has been convicted of those crimes.

I'm on dialup, I can't do a search. Check it out and get back to us.

Incorrect. My rhetorical question implies that the seriousness of the charge warrants death. If you want a search done do it yourself-stop using your ISP choice as an excuse to be lazy. By the way, who exactly are you referring to when you say "us", noob?

chiefsfaninNC
07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Being a former Marine I would say that you should always be ashamed of being a soldier. No matter what story is in the news. Of course, I would say the same of squids and airmen so don't feel bad.

Oregon chief
07-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I have to agree with most of the people here. You cant judge the whole military on a few sick ****s. That would be like saying the chiefs are cheaters cause welbourn had a hot piss test.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Being a former Marine I would say that you should always be ashamed of being a soldier. No matter what story is in the news. Of course, I would say the same of squids and airmen so don't feel bad.

That reminds me of a good joke- You know why Marines ride on Navy ships? Because sheep would be to obvious.

Rausch
07-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I have to agree with most of the people here. You cant judge the whole military on a few sick ****s. That would be like saying the chiefs are cheaters cause welbourn had a hot piss test.

Pick any 5,000 people at random and you'll find at least one twisted screw in the bunch. You add the stress and isolation of war and I doubt it makes them any more balanced...

chiefsfaninNC
07-01-2006, 06:36 PM
That reminds me of a good joke- You know why Marines ride on Navy ships? Because sheep would be to obvious.

When will you post the good joke?

Oregon chief
07-01-2006, 06:36 PM
They should issue the soldiers a slut per squad. That would avoid such problems. It helped my group when we were over there.

listopencil
07-01-2006, 06:38 PM

I'll get to it sooner or later...

pr_capone
07-01-2006, 08:18 PM

ROFL

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
ROFL

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected
You know how Marines are like bannanas?

Both start out green, turn yellow, and die in bunches.

JK, Semper Fi

pr_capone
07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
They should issue the soldiers a slut per squad. That would avoid such problems. It helped my group when we were over there.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

We didnt have one of those!

Adept Havelock
07-01-2006, 08:52 PM
ROFL

Nice one. My family has always liked the Marines. Heck, during WW2 one of us left signs on a number of beaches in the Pacific that welcomed them to the island, on behalf of the UDT. ;)

R&GHomer
07-01-2006, 08:53 PM

:shrug: LOL, I thought it was funny. Damn dirty Jar head :harumph: :p

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 02:16 AM
Incorrect. My rhetorical question implies that the seriousness of the charge warrants death. If you want a search done do it yourself-stop using your ISP choice as an excuse to be lazy. By the way, who exactly are you referring to when you say "us", noob?

What an asshole! I'm in a remote location and lucky to be able to get a phone line to connect at all! Talk about lazy! You don't know who you are talking to! I am the king of lazy people but searching on the internet is far from work. If it didn't take so much time waiting I'd do it my self.

Cheers from Mumbai

Phobia
07-02-2006, 02:41 AM
If you think listo is an asshole, wait until skip arrives.

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 07:06 AM
If you think listo is an asshole, wait until skip arrives.

What's skip and why is it hiding?

listopencil
07-02-2006, 07:34 PM
What an asshole! I'm in a remote location and lucky to be able to get a phone line to connect at all! Talk about lazy! You don't know who you are talking to! I am the king of lazy people but searching on the internet is far from work. If it didn't take so much time waiting I'd do it my self.

Cheers from Mumbai

I don't really give a rat's ass about your internet connection. I had dial up until the end of last year-you're full of shit. You can do a search on Google and it just pops up text. Anyway...I made a comment and you responded with some ignorant dumbassery. And somehow that makes me an asshole in your world. Fine. Go **** yourself.

milkman
07-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't really give a rat's ass about your internet connection. I had dial up until the end of last year-you're full of shit. You can do a search on Google and it just pops up text. Anyway...I made a comment and you responded with some ignorant dumbassery. And somehow that makes me an asshole in your world. Fine. Go **** yourself.

He's making a lot of friends here.

listopencil
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
He's making a lot of friends here.

I noticed he jumped from seven or so to thirty-something pretty quickly. I guess those were all quality contributions, then.

milkman
07-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I noticed he jumped from seven or so to thirty-something pretty quickly. I guess those were all quality contributions, then.

Yep, the guy's a regular Ghandi.

luv
07-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I think he might be misunderstood a little.

listopencil
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM

What's funny is I just noticed his rep going up and down wildly. He had some red squares just a minute ago and now he's back to a few green. Apparently he is pissing some people off while amusing others.

listopencil
07-02-2006, 07:59 PM

So is "Eskimo Joe" a fake user name that you made up to see if you would be treated differently as a guy?

luv
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
So is "Eskimo Joe" a fake user name that you made up to see if you would be treated differently as a guy?
Nope. I could never pull off being a guy, nor would I want to try. No offense to men, of course.

milkman
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM

Yeah, yeah, that's it!

listopencil
07-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Nope. I could never pull off being a guy, nor would I want to try. No offense to men, of course.

I don't know. I've seen your face and feet but none of your sexual characteristics. Primary or secondary. I think you owe The Planet some proof.

luv
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't know. I've seen your face and feet but none of your sexual characteristics. Primary or secondary. I think you owe The Planet some proof.
ROFL Good luck with that.

milkman
07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
ROFL Good luck with that.

That's what he's hoping for.

greg63
07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
For crying out loud, you have a group of thousands, there's bound to be one or two nuts in the bunch. These killings are waaay overblown by the media, and it's not helping our cause any at all, it's only making the job more difficult for the military.

Agreed; seldom does the media report about the good our armed forces are doing.

Eskimo Joe
07-03-2006, 02:40 AM

I think your mama needs to be slapped for not teaching you how to act in public.

MOhillbilly
07-03-2006, 07:19 AM
youre all ****ing fags.

listopencil
09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I think your mama needs to be slapped for not teaching you how to act in public.

I think you need to try harder not to be such a dumbass. Unless you have moved on to yet another user name, tom. Here's a similar story:

"PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- An Army investigator has recommended that four soldiers accused of murder in a raid in Iraq should face the death penalty if convicted, according to a report obtained Saturday by The Associated Press.

-snip-

The U.S. military has not executed a soldier since the 1960 hanging of a soldier convicted rape and attempted murder."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/02/soldiers.charged.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories