PDA

View Full Version : Front Page

Tribal Warfare
07-01-2006, 02:12 PM
nice job with websites front page, but for a moment I thought to the wrong site :D

though you should have more direct links to the lounge for n00bs

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 02:26 PM
looks really nice. I like how i can change the RSS feeds and delete shit.

Pretty functional, but I would eliminate the ability for everyone to edit everything. GOChiefs dwells here, remember.

morphius
07-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey, someone did notice!

You can edit it, but it should be only effect yourself.

DaFace
07-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow...it's like myChiefsPlanet. Neato.

I second the motion about better links to the forum. Maybe just make it so that the big logo is a direct link to the main forum tree.

Count Alex's Losses
07-01-2006, 02:37 PM
looks really nice. I like how i can change the RSS feeds and delete shit.

Pretty functional, but I would eliminate the ability for everyone to edit everything. GOChiefs dwells here, remember.

**** you. I contribute more to this board than you ever will, troglodyte.

morphius
07-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow...it's like myChiefsPlanet. Neato.

I second the motion about better links to the forum. Maybe just make it so that the big logo is a direct link to the main forum tree.
I'll do something about that when I get to put the child down.

morphius
07-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Skip?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Excellent job morphius.

Demonpenz
07-01-2006, 02:50 PM
how do you even get to the frontpage mine only takes me to a list of new threads

Demonpenz
07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
duh cleared out my waffers and that worked

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Young man is full of anger. Watch out for the darkside, young padawdumbass.

Count Alex's Losses
07-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Young man is full of anger. Watch out for the darkside, young padawdumbass.

Eat the corn nuggets out of my shit, bitch.

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Such large hostility from such a small man.

morphius
07-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Jesus do you two need a room? Drop it already.

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Jesus do you two need a room? Drop it already.

No way man. He is on the verge of snapping... he is on the ropes. Just a few more jabs, and he cries and leaves for a week or so.

morphius
07-01-2006, 03:20 PM
No way man. He is on the verge of snapping... he is on the ropes. Just a few more jabs, and he cries and leaves for a week or so.
'cause then the chick's will dig ya...

Logical
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Good job Morph, I never visit the front page because it wasn't current. The challenge is to find the time to keep it current.

htismaqe
07-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Like I said the other day, I love it.

morphius
07-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Good job Morph, I never visit the front page because it wasn't current. The challenge is to find the time to keep it current.
Actually, it is all RSS feeds that update every 10 minutes automatically. :D

Great place to get the latest Chiefs and NFL news.

Ari Chi3fs
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Good work Morphius.

Now, back to bashing GoChiefs.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Very nice front page. I like all the links right there. :thumb: Thanks for the work admins.

Calcountry
07-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Skip?ROFL

morphius
07-01-2006, 04:53 PM
The forum discussions is the only piece that doesn't auto update, I may work on that when I get a chance, but who knows when that will be.

Also, if anyone find's RSS feeds, please feel free to let me know and I will add them.

tk13
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Very nicely done guys. Simple but effective, I like it.

milkman
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
It looks a little busy to me.

morphius
07-01-2006, 05:12 PM
It looks a little busy to me.
You can close all but two of them, and then shrink those and boom, clean!

4th and Long
07-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I think it looks fantastic! It's about time someone changed that boring old front page. Kudos, morph.

Eskimo Joe
07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
the new home page took 5 minutes to load.

maybe it has something to do with dialup in India?

morphius
07-01-2006, 06:52 PM
the new home page took 5 minutes to load.

maybe it has something to do with dialup in India?
Ohhhh, ouch. That is painful. Normally if it is running slow it is that the BB is acting slow and it is waiting on the info pull from the BB.

StcChief
07-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Nice work on front page. Will add the RSS to myyahoo.

milkman
07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
What's an RSS?

morphius
07-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Nice work on front page. Will add the RSS to myyahoo.
actually, we don't have an RSS feed.

milkman - RSS is a way that web sites send updates to news sites and even browsers.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't understand all of the technicalities of creating a web page or even operating a BB, but the change that was made looks good. It is a lot easier to navigate and gives me more stuff to look at also. Good job.

C-Mac
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey, someone did notice!

You can edit it, but it should be only effect yourself.

Hey Morph good work!
Its starting to look very much like the voted original :thumb:

http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/ChiefsPlanet/ChiefsPlanet%20-%20The%20Lounge07.htm

C-Mac
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Wonder if the larger header would look good now?
http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/ChiefsPlanet/ChiefsPlanet%20-%20The%20Lounge14.htm

morphius
07-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey Morph good work!
Its starting to look very much like the voted original :thumb:

http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/ChiefsPlanet/ChiefsPlanet%20-%20The%20Lounge07.htm
hehe, I didn't even bother with looking at that one. I just wasn't going to take the time to get joomla up and running when I could get most of what I wanted out of this style. I did use some of your bar graphics since I remember that being a part of it.

Basically, I had been thinking what I would do if I had a sports BB for a about a month now, and then all of a sudden they made me an Admin. There are some more things I would like to impliment, but this piece went so quickly that I just made the change. As I figure out some more I plan to add even more features to it.

C-Mac
07-01-2006, 11:20 PM
hehe, I didn't even bother with looking at that one. I just wasn't going to take the time to get joomla up and running when I could get most of what I wanted out of this style. I did use some of your bar graphics since I remember that being a part of it.

Basically, I had been thinking what I would do if I had a sports BB for a about a month now, and then all of a sudden they made me an Admin. There are some more things I would like to impliment, but this piece went so quickly that I just made the change. As I figure out some more I plan to add even more features to it.

Well it's good to see for sure, if you need anything just let me know.

R&GHomer
07-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Shrug, mine still looks the same. What gives?

morphius
07-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Shrug, mine still looks the same. What gives?
Go to the home page, hold down the shift key and press refresh while holding it down.

R&GHomer
07-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Go to the home page, hold down the shift key and press refresh while holding it down.

:thumb: Thanks, that did the trick. Nice work!

banyon
07-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Editing feature is nice.

WPI - gone. :thumb:

greg63
07-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Nice jod on the front page!

Phobia
07-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Editing feature is nice.

<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> - gone. :thumb:
Hahahahaha - yeah, me too.

Oh, wait.

Nice job Morph. It really is outstanding.

Banyon, I realize you think Warpaint is a joke but the truth is that Warpaint provides more content about the Chiefs than any other outlet in town. You may disagree or find fault with some of the staff but nobody is putting more information out. Nobody.

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 03:11 AM

Oh, wait.

Banyon, I realize you think Warpaint is a joke but the truth is that Warpaint provides more content about the Chiefs than any other outlet in town. You may disagree or find fault with some of the staff but nobody is putting more information out. Nobody.

Who the heck are you? The adversing manager for WPI?

[(What is WPI?)]

Phobia
07-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Who am I? I'm nobody. I'm just a dude. Warpaint is a magazine that exclusively covers the Chiefs.

banyon
07-02-2006, 08:40 AM

Oh, wait.

Point being that if I wanted to spend my time at WPI, then I'd just go there and not do it though some link on the Planet.

Anyway I posted that just to see if it'd cheese you off. :D

morphius
07-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Point being that if I wanted to spend my time at WPI, then I'd just go there and not do it though some link on the Planet.

Anyway I posted that just to see if it'd cheese you off. :D
I added them because they have an RSS feed for their stories, and it was Chiefs related. I did a few searches to find every chiefs related RSS news feed I could. Toss in an edit feature for those that hate it, and I didn't see it as an issue.

I was actually a bit surprised it took someone that long to comment on it.

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I added them because they have an RSS feed for their stories, and it was Chiefs related. I did a few searches to find every chiefs related RSS news feed I could. Toss in an edit feature for those that hate it, and I didn't see it as an issue.

I was actually a bit surprised it took someone that long to comment on it.

It looks like you are getting the whole spread. On one side you have a guy pimping a website and on the other you have someone that detests the other site.

In this world you can only hope to break even. As far as these two go, you have made it!

morphius
07-02-2006, 09:23 AM
It looks like you are getting the whole spread. On one side you have a guy pimping a website and on the other you have someone that detests the other site.

In this world you can only hope to break even. As far as these two go, you have made it!
LOL! I'd say I did more then break even, one is happy he could delete it, and the other is an admin over there, so he is probably happy I gave them a link.

milkman
07-02-2006, 09:24 AM

I really enjoy it when people who are ignorant of the history of a situation feel compelled to make ignorant observations.

morphius
07-02-2006, 09:28 AM
I really enjoy it when people who are ignorant of the history of a situation feel compelled to make ignorant observations.
Maybe it is a bit like spilt milk, he see's the mess all over someone's pants, doesn't know how it happened, but can still see humor in it.

morphius
07-02-2006, 10:01 AM
One thing I have wanted for a while here is a CP wallpaper page, I know that headsnap has his, but we have need to have one of our own. I'm thinking only 1024x768 minimum size, good quality with the CP logo intigrated somewhere.

I used to have a lot of the old ones, but can't seem to find them right now.

Is this something that only I'm interested in?

4th and Long
07-02-2006, 10:04 AM
One thing I have wanted for a while here is a CP wallpaper page, I know that headsnap has his, but we have need to have one of our own. I'm thinking only 1024x768 minimum size, good quality with the CP logo intigrated somewhere.

Oooooooooooooo ... purdee!

I'm in. :)

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Maybe it is a bit like spilt milk, he see's the mess all over someone's pants, doesn't know how it happened, but can still see humor in it.

Spilled milk?

You're just mocking me now, aren't ya? :cuss:

:)

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM

I could certainly use a new wallpaper.

morphius
07-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Spilled milk?

You're just mocking me now, aren't ya? :cuss:

:)
Have I ever mocked you before? :D

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Have I ever mocked you before? :D

You're just an insensitive bastard! :deevee:

:D

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 10:23 AM

I was told that there were alot of assholes on this board, it seems like you are solidifying that warning.

Your observation not only shows ignorance but the fact that you are indeed one of the assholes.

4th and Long
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I was told that there were alot of assholes on this board, it seems like you are solidifying that warning.

Your observation not only shows ignorance but the fact that you are indeed one of the assholes.
Lighten up, Frances. You haven't even gotten your feet wet around here yet. Do yourself a favor and wade into the kiddy pool and test out the water before you try the high dive. Talking trash about a long time, well respected member of this board will get the drain plug pulled on you in mid dive.

I'm just sayin' ...

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM

I don't deny the fact that I'm an asshole.

However, I'm not the dumbass that displayed my ignorance by commenting on a subject that I have no knowledge of.

Edit: At least not this time.

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Lighten up, Frances. You haven't even gotten your feet wet around here yet. Do yourself a favor and wade into the kiddy pool and test out the water before you try the high dive. Talking trash about a long time, well respected member of this board will get the drain plug pulled on you in mid dive.

I'm just sayin' ...

Nah.

He has every right to get his back up.

I was an asshole, and fully expected the response he gave me.

4th and Long
07-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Nah.

He has every right to get his back up.

I was an asshole, and fully expected the response he gave me.
Fine. be that way.

Asshole. :p

FAX
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Great Job On The Front Page To Whoever Is Responsible!!!

That's why you get an all words beginning with a capital sentence!

FAX

4th and Long
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM

FAX
That would be morphius.

milkman
07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Fine. be that way.

Asshole. :p

ROFL

My assholery is now complete!

morphius
07-02-2006, 10:44 AM

FAX
Thank you!

morphius
07-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I just added another feed from Fox Sports for the Chiefs, you can remove the dragable boxes cookies for Chiefs Planet and refresh or just put this in the rss feed on the bottom of the page....

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedout/syndicatedContent?categoryId=67049

Bowser
07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Mmmmmm......cookies......

:homer:

FAX
07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm sort of intrigued by this RSS stuff. I wish I knew how it worked. I've always been afeared * to click on an RSS feed link.

FAX

* O' Brother Where Art Thou Is Playing

StcChief
07-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm sort of intrigued by this RSS stuff. I wish I knew how it worked. I've always been afeared * to click on an RSS feed link.

FAX

* O' Brother Where Art Thou Is Playing

Fax check this out. Pretty simple tech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)

if you use yahoo.... they let you customize your own my.yahoo.com

http://news.yahoo.com/rss

Other sites do as well... Nice to have information you want feed to you, instead of searching for it.

FAX
07-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Fax check this out. Pretty simple tech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)

if you use yahoo.... they let you customize your own my.yahoo.com

http://news.yahoo.com/rss

Other sites do as well... Nice to have information you want feed to you, instead of searching for it.

Awesome, Mr. nm_dbf. I'm very, very appreciative for the resources and information.

May the Muse of frequent and voluminous ejaculations befriend your member.

FAX

Eskimo Joe
07-02-2006, 05:46 PM

I'm just sayin' ...

Is it still trash talk if the "well respected member" is an asshole?

I think your perspective is slightly jaded.