PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Weekend Bash/Chiefs Game 2006?

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:22 PM
With the disbanding of 37Forever, have we decided on a weekend or not? :hmmm:

Maybe a Friday Night fundraiser, with funds to go to another worthy charity (Gonzo's foundation?)? And a Saturday gathering (Joe's? or elsewhere?) Followed by tailgating and a game?

Or are we on our own this year, with less formal gatherings?

:shrug:

recxjake
07-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I would love to meet some of you people who get a kick out bashing me and beloved General Motors....

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I would love to meet some of you people who get a kick out bashing me and beloved General Motors....
If you and GoChiefs would agree to a grudge match/contest/man-skill contest of some kind, we could raise a butt load of money for some cause....:hmmm:

recxjake
07-01-2006, 08:29 PM
If you and GoChiefs would agree to a grudge match/contest/man-skill contest of some kind, we could raise a butt load of money for some cause....:hmmm:

actually i bet everyone would want their money back...

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
actually i bet everyone would want their money back...

Yeah, you are probably right....a JennyGump/luv/RednFeisty/angel mud wrestling tournament would be much, much better....:hmmm:

TinyEvel
07-01-2006, 08:32 PM
DUDES!
I'llbe in townthe night before the season opener.
Staying in Garden Plaza area.
Partaaaahhhh!
Any Takers?

recxjake
07-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I'd really like to meet Jaz and Logical

morphius
07-01-2006, 08:40 PM
I hope we are able to pull something off. The bad thing is that this is not a speciality of mine, and I'm not even going to pretend that I would be good at pulling this together.

Maybe Joe can pull something together, but this is one of the areas that Phobia will be missed.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:42 PM
DUDES!
I'llbe in townthe night before the season opener.
Staying in Garden Plaza area.
Partaaaahhhh!
Any Takers?

I'm sure, regardless of when a CP function may be.....you will have some takers for that. Just post a thread as the day gets closer....maybe 2-3 weeks out.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I hope we are able to pull something off. The bad thing is that this is not a speciality of mine, and I'm not even going to pretend that I would be good at pulling this together.

Maybe Joe can pull something together, but this is one of the areas that Phobia will be missed.
If I were in KC, I'd be willing to contribute in whatever way I could. But that's at least a year off, if ever. I'd be willing to help in whatever way I can, but being 5.5 hours away limits me....:(

I'd really like to meet Jaz and Logical
I'd like to meet jAZ (Justin) too; Jim's a great guy.

Phobia
07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm willing to help and if it's later in the season even host. My place won't be done until then.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm willing to help and if it's later in the season even host. My place won't be done until then.

Cool. Thanks for the offer. :clap:

We'll have to see what, if anything, comes down.....

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm a little closer to KC now (albeit not much) if this gets put together I may join in if that's okay. I've always wanted to make a trip to the motherstadium and see a game. Anyways, I'm curious who has bigger tits. Phob or Pink

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm a little closer to KC now (albeit not much) if this gets put together I may join in if that's okay. I've always wanted to make a trip to the motherstadium and see a game. Anyways, I'm curious who has bigger tits. Phob or Pink

ROFL The real answer though, is me.

jspchief
07-01-2006, 09:26 PM
There had been mention of the San Fran game as a possibility.

It's a warm weather game, and the tickets should be fairly easy to come by.

I'd love to help in any manner I can. Unfortunately, being so far away, there's little of use I can do.

One thing we could consider is getting an actual tailgating tent at Arrowhead, with catering. It's really not that unreasonable, the main problem is we would need real commitments ahead of time.

Nzoner
07-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I had talked to Scott(Bob Dole) about hosting a Saturday party again this year and am all for it,however,the only two games which should see somewhat decent weather I can do are either the Chargers(10-22) or the Seahawks(10-29).Unfortunately the 49er's game is also NASCAR weekend at Kansas Speedway and I'm not going to try to pull it off without the help of the mrs and she'll be at Kansas Speedway from Thursday on.

Speaking of my mrs she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis awhile back and since 37 Forever is ending she'd really like me to get involved with that charity and so my party would still be for a good cause plus the Chiefs are involved as well so I'm thinking we could still find a tie-in there.

Arthritis Foundation/Chiefs Night

“Chiefs Night” is a rousing annual success which benefits the Arthritis Foundation. Held at the Arrowhead Club, the evening is spearheaded by Chiefs President Carl Peterson’s wife, Lori Peterson.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I had talked to Scott(Bob Dole) about hosting a Saturday party again this year and am all for it,however,the only two games which should see somewhat decent weather I can do are either the Chargers(10-22) or the Seahawks(10-29).Unfortunately the 49er's game is also NASCAR weekend at Kansas Speedway and I'm not going to try to pull it off without the help of the mrs and she'll be at Kansas Speedway from Thursday on.

Speaking of my mrs she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis awhile back and since 37 Forever is ending she'd really like me to get involved with that charity and so my party would still be for a good cause plus the Chiefs are involved as well so I'm thinking we could still find a tie-in there.

Arthritis Foundation/Chiefs Night

“Chiefs Night” is a rousing annual success which benefits the Arthritis Foundation. Held at the Arrowhead Club, the evening is spearheaded by Chiefs President Carl Peterson’s wife, Lori Peterson.
I'd be okay with that. Let's see what ideas come out here in this thread, and maybe we can post a poll and see what kind of interest we can get for various configurations of weekends.

Count Zarth
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm going to be in KC for the Oakland and Denver games...all week long, baby.

morphius
07-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Do either of Joe's games work for you? Friday at Phob's and Sat at Joe's could work.

Braincase
07-02-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm going to be in KC for the Oakland and Denver games...all week long, baby.

So Chargers week is looking better and better...

Adept Havelock
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM

ROFL

Listen on! Listen on! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now, busted up and everyone talking about hard rain. But we've learned by the dust of them all. Chiefsplanet's learned. Now when men get to fighting, it happens here. And it finishes here!

Two men enter, one man leaves!

StcChief
07-02-2006, 09:00 AM
There had been mention of the San Fran game as a possibility.

It's a warm weather game, and the tickets should be fairly easy to come by.

I'd love to help in any manner I can. Unfortunately, being so far away, there's little of use I can do.

One thing we could consider is getting an actual tailgating tent at Arrowhead, with catering. It's really not that unreasonable, the main problem is we would need real commitments ahead of time.

San Fran on 10/01/06 likely a big W.
SD Chargers on 10/22/06 close game.

Either work for me.

Phobia
07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Do either of Joe's games work for you? Friday at Phob's and Sat at Joe's could work.

It's probably too early to say. Maybe I shouldn't have offered. I haven't even closed yet.

Bowser
07-02-2006, 09:54 AM

This is an intriguing idea. I know nothing about the workings of such things, but could we somehow tie in Joe's idea of benefitting an arthritis foundation in the cost of entrance? The whole killing two birds with one stone thing.

Maybe I shouldn't have offered. Too late for that now. I'll help out by bringing an empty cup for the keg.

jspchief
07-02-2006, 11:39 AM
This is an intriguing idea. I know nothing about the workings of such things, but could we somehow tie in Joe's idea of benefitting an arthritis foundation in the cost of entrance? The whole killing two birds with one stone thing.

We can get a catered tailgate tent for a fairly reasonable per-person cost if we have enough people. Adding money for a charity is nice, but it also increases the cost for people. Personally, I'd prefer if the CP tailgate didn't have to have an added cost of some charity. I think it's an additional expense that may keep people from coming.

The biggest obstacle for an official tent is the finances. It requires a monetary commitment from attendees, so the person that reserves it doesn't get stuck with the bill. And it also requires trust of the person handling it, that they won't run off with the reservation fees.

keg in kc
07-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm willing to help and if it's later in the season even host. My place won't be done until then.Your place? Fill me in, Phil....

I hope this is the year I can make it to...whatever it is you guys come up with.

keg in kc
07-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Speaking of my mrs she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis Sorry to hear that, Joe. My sister was diagnosed with that earlier in the year.

Bowser
07-02-2006, 12:01 PM
We can get a catered tailgate tent for a fairly reasonable per-person cost if we have enough people. Adding money for a charity is nice, but it also increases the cost for people. Personally, I'd prefer if the CP tailgate didn't have to have an added cost of some charity. I think it's an additional expense that may keep people from coming.

The biggest obstacle for an official tent is the finances. It requires a monetary commitment from attendees, so the person that reserves it doesn't get stuck with the bill. And it also requires trust of the person handling it, that they won't run off with the reservation fees.

So if I'm hearing this right, Arrowhead and the Chiefs have tents available for lease to anyone? Or do we as a group have to come up with our own materials?

I think this would be a great idea. Logisitics may be a headache, especially at first, but I think we could get enough interest from those on the board, and people they know. I guess the question would be would people be willing to commit to something like this, and give up their tailgating rituals?

Halfcan
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Count me in, whenever and wherever beer and Chiefs are involved.

Nzoner
07-02-2006, 11:24 PM

I wasn't aware they would do a tent for food only.

The last time I checked on a Chiefs catered tailgate it was around $100 to $125 per head and included a game ticket,your meal and a visit from KC Wolf and the cheerleaders.Keg beer was additional.

Rausch
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM

You do have comfortable furniture...

Nzoner
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, Joe. My sister was diagnosed with that earlier in the year.

Appreciate it man,the mrs is wanting to sponsor a walk up here to help raise awareness and funds.We had lunch with one of the KC RA charity guys a few weeks ago and I was impressed,seems like they're willing to help any way they can in Northwest Missouri if they can find a couple like us willing to do fundraisers.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I wasn't aware they would do a tent for food only.

The last time I checked on a Chiefs catered tailgate it was around $100 to $125 per head and included a game ticket,your meal and a visit from KC Wolf and the cheerleaders.Keg beer was additional.You could be right. I get the mailings from them all the time, but it's been awhile since I studied the numbers.

The inclusion of the ticket would make it not work for a lot of people. Maybe I'll call and inquire a little further when I get some spare time.

sedated
07-03-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm down, I've been waiting to meet some of you crazy f*ckers since I joined.

I have no problem contributing in any way I can. I live local, and have lots of time during the day when I'm avoiding working.

It seems the earlier a plan is finalized the better for those who have to travel into town.

At least getting a weekend set would make it easier and cheaper to get plane tickets, hotels, etc, etc, etc.

Bob Dole
07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Appreciate it man,the mrs is wanting to sponsor a walk up here to help raise awareness and funds.We had lunch with one of the KC RA charity guys a few weeks ago and I was impressed,seems like they're willing to help any way they can in Northwest Missouri if they can find a couple like us willing to do fundraisers.

You had a preference, but Bob Dole will be damned if he can remember which weekend it was.

Just name it and let's go with that. You're the one putting up with all the idiots at your house.

Nzoner
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
You had a preference, but Bob Dole will be damned if he can remember which weekend it was.

Just name it and let's go with that. You're the one putting up with all the idiots at your house.

Either the Chargers 10-22 or Seahawks 10-29 whichever works for the majority.

My personal vote would be 10-22 against a division foe but tickets may be a little harder to come by.Besides on 10-29 the Donks are hosting Indy in a 3 o'clock game and although selfish I'd really like to be in my gameroom ready to put that one on the big screen as soon as the Chiefs and Seahawks end.

Bob Dole
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Either the Chargers 10-22 or Seahawks 10-29 whichever works for the majority.

My personal vote would be 10-22 against a division foe but tickets may be a little harder to come by.Besides on 10-29 the Donks are hosting Indy in a 3 o'clock game and although selfish I'd really like to be in my gameroom ready to put that one on the big screen as soon as the Chiefs and Seahawks end.

Bob Dole says you pick one and the rest of us deal with it.

Nzoner
07-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Bob Dole says you pick one and the rest of us deal with it.

Okay then,Nzoner's 3rd Annunal Planet Bash 10-21-06 this year to benefit the Arthritis Foundation.

I'll work on some specifics as soon as I wrap up my fireworks season and August publicaton deadline.

Mrs Nzoner is going to be very excited about this news.

JazzzLovr
07-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Okay then,Nzoner's 3rd Annunal Planet Bash 10-21-06 this year to benefit the Arthritis Foundation.

I'll work on some specifics as soon as I wrap up my fireworks season and August publicaton deadline.

Mrs Nzoner is going to be very excited about this news.

Great! I was going to vote for that weekend anyway b/c 10-22 is my birthday. :D

luv
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Great! I was going to vote for that weekend anyway b/c 10-22 is my birthday. :D
Okay, so those who know both of us think we could be twins, and you share your birthday with my dad. Are you sure you're not part of the family?

JazzzLovr
07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Okay, so those who know both of us think we could be twins, and you share your birthday with my dad. Are you sure you're not part of the family?

Weird, huh? And I lived in Springfield for 9 years, too...

You going to try to make it up here for that weekend, btw?

luv
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Weird, huh? And I lived in Springfield for 9 years, too...

You going to try to make it up here for that weekend, btw?
Not sure yet. I'm moving December 1. Finances are kind of tight. I'll have to wait and see.