PDA

View Full Version : The royals all star selection

Demonpenz
07-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Well deserved mark redmond

tk13
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Mark Redmond is the backup catcher for the Twins. :)

banyon
07-02-2006, 05:41 PM
:spock:

Is this what happens when the All-Star manager's brain is on drugs?

sedated
07-02-2006, 05:43 PM
It'll probably be Grudz, but it should be DeJesus.

He's been playing great in his limited time.

banyon
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
It'll probably be Grudz, but it should be DeJesus.

He's been playing great in his limited time.

No it won't be either.

They just said it was Redman on ESPN.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/roster_league.jsp

cause obviously he has been a rock for our rotation.

tk13
07-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I figured Grudz would be the guy. He might be more deserving to go than Mark Loretta... hard to believe he's gonna be the starting 2B for the AL.

KChiefs1
07-02-2006, 05:50 PM
:spock:

Is this what happens when the All-Star manager's brain is on drugs?

actually I think the Wizard of Oz is thinking about winning the game. He knows Redman is hell on left-handers & is probably already game-planning to win the All-Star game so the AL gets the homefield advantage again. Picking Grudz doesn't strategically help the AL in this game but having a LHP for a certain situation is pretty smart.

NJ Chief Fan
07-02-2006, 05:52 PM
cano is better than mark loretta

banyon
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
actually I think the Wizard of Oz is thinking about winning the game. He knows Redman is hell on left-handers & is probably already game-planning to win the All-Star game so the AL gets the homefield advantage again. Picking Grudz doesn't strategically help the AL in this game but having a LHP for a certain situation is pretty smart.

Yeah...but you could've put Grudz at 2nd instead of Loretta, lost very little and picked an LHP who was actually good.

NJ Chief Fan
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
cano is the best 2nd basemen in the al

tk13
07-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Selecting that final player in the AL is going to be brutal... Hafner, Verlander, Liriano... that's a tough decision.

Miles
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I figured Grudz would be the guy. He might be more deserving to go than Mark Loretta... hard to believe he's gonna be the starting 2B for the AL.

With as weak as the AL is at 2B I think they got it right. Loretta has been on an impressive tear the last two months.

Count Zarth
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Texas sent Gary Matthews Jr. and Michael Young.

I can't believe the year GMJ is having. .

.326 with 8 HR and 41 RBI, batting leadoff!

Reaper16
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Texas sent Gary Matthews Jr. and Michael Young.

I can't believe the year GMJ is having. .

.326 with 8 HR and 41 RBI, batting leadoff!
That catch GMJ made today was fanf***ingtastic!

tk13
07-02-2006, 06:25 PM
With as weak as the AL is at 2B I think they got it right. Loretta has been on an impressive tear the last two months.
Grudzielanek is the only 2B in baseball that hasn't made an error, I do believe. Pretty much the only Royal who's done something exceptional like that. Redman was hurt for a month, started off horrible, but has pitched pretty well the last month or so.

Miles
07-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Grudzielanek is the only 2B in baseball that hasn't made an error, I do believe. Pretty much the only Royal who's done something exceptional like that. Redman was hurt for a month, started off horrible, but has pitched pretty well the last month or so.

I was responding more of the lines that I think Loretta is deserving of starter. The Royals selection was pretty odd. Grudz is easily the most deserving player on the team and its hard to find any value in having Redman around.

Sam Hall
07-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I get worn out from this every year. The fans shouldn't be allowed to vote. I'm sick of it being a popularity contest. I don't like Pudge starting over Joe Mauer. Mauer is damn near hitting .400.

I've also got a problem with some of Guillen's picks. How in the world did Liriano, Verlander, and Schilling not make the team? I'm sorry, but Buehrle is not an All-Star. Guillen should've taken Grudz instead of Redman. Redman has a rediculous ERA. Grudz has been our most consistent player.

I think the vote should go to the players.

tk13
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Buehrle looked like an All-Star today when the Cubs lit him up for 10 runs.

Reaper16
07-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd take Mark Buehrle in a Royals uniform in a nanosecond.

sedated
07-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Redman?!

Bullshit!

If they are going to base the decision on the last month or 6 weeks, DeJesus should be the pick.

He's the reason we've been winning.

But it should be Grudz. He's the only one who has produced all year at the plate and is errorless all year. I feel bad for him, he got jobbed

dj56dt58
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
maybe he'll go as a replacement if someone gets injured?

Miles
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
maybe he'll go as a replacement if someone gets injured?

I would guess Iguchi would be next in line at 2B but they may just go with one reserve in Jose Lopez.

Infidel Goat
07-03-2006, 06:59 AM

Exactly. Lefties are hitting .176 against him this year (though he has not always been THAT hard on them).

It's sure not his whopping five quality starts that got him on the team.

--Infidel Goat

alanm
07-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Cano is out. He's injured.

PunkinDrublic
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I love the Royals but I'm sorry I don't believe that every team should be represented in the all-star game. Personally I don't think anybody on the Royals deserves to go.

chefsos
07-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I love the Royals but I'm sorry I don't believe that every team should be represented in the all-star game. Personally I don't think anybody on the Royals deserves to go.
I'm a little torn on this. There are always several clubs that really don't have a legit all-star, and some bogus selections result from that rule, but if it's eliminated you will probably just open up spots for even more Yankees and Red Sox.

PunkinDrublic
07-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm a little torn on this. There are always several clubs that really don't have a legit all-star, and some bogus selections result from that rule, but if it's eliminated you will probably just open up spots for even more Yankees and Red Sox.

Maybe, but personally I think it cheapens what it means to be an all-star. I think the fan voting alone brings out a lot of bogus selections. The fact is the Royals don't have a legit all-star on their team. I would rather see a Royal make the all-star team that deserved it then some pity pick.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 12:02 PM

Really? How many errors does he have?

petegz28
07-03-2006, 12:04 PM

You're sick in your brain too. Any infielder who has played 70+ games with 0, that's ZERO errors deserves to go period. Especially a 2nd basemen!