PDA

View Full Version : See Hali, Pollard, Webb, and Page in college games on ESPNU this week...

Coogs
07-03-2006, 09:42 AM
If you are like me, and have not seen these guys play much, if any, here is a chance to see what they might bring to us. Here is the schedule for the next 8 days. I will update the schedule as more games become available (all times listed are Central time)...

7/3 11:00 PM San Diego State vs Air Force (Webb)
7/5 11:00 PM Penn State vs Northwestern (Hali)
7/7 8:00 PM Arizona State vs UCLA (Page)
7/8 8:00 PM South Florida vs Penn State (Hali)
11:00 PM Ohio State vs Penn State (Hali)
7/11 6:00 PM Iowa vs Purdue (Pollard)

So tune in or set your Tivo to catch your new Chiefs in college game action from this past year. Again, all games are on ESPNU.

CupidStunt
07-03-2006, 09:44 AM
PSU vs OSU was a good test for Hali and a solid game to watch.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-03-2006, 09:49 AM
thanks

DJay23
07-03-2006, 11:07 AM
PSU vs OSU was a good test for Hali and a solid game to watch.
He dominated that game.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
ESPNU???

Coogs
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
ESPNU???

U stands for University. It is a newer channel they have had out for the past few months. It is channel 148 on DishNetwork. Don't know what it is on Direct. It is a darn good channel. If you have cable, I would try very hard to get your provider to add it.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
U stands for University. It is a newer channel they have had out for the past few months. It is channel 148 on DishNetwork. Don't know what it is on Direct. It is a darn good channel. If you have cable, I would try very hard to get your provider to add it.
ok, i don't think i've got that one yet

have 4 or 5 espn channels ... but no "U"

SPchief
07-03-2006, 01:31 PM

So you don't have ESPN ocho??

Sucker

Mr. Laz
07-03-2006, 01:36 PM
So you don't have ESPN ocho??

Sucker
:p

noa
07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I've never seen Webb in action.

Coogs
07-03-2006, 01:40 PM

You need to get it. They have a lot of college football games during the season that are not on other stations. Lot's of college basketball games you wouldn't otherwise get. College baseball. Softball and volleyball games as well. Plus many repeats such as the games listed here. Excellent channel to have.

Coogs
07-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Webb catches 8 passes for 91 yards against Air Force. I'm kind of anxious to watch him play. I do remember his unbelievable catch against Ohio State from a year or two back, but other than that I don't know if I have ever seen him play.

chiefqueen
07-03-2006, 03:06 PM
A lot of us have Time Warner or Comcast, we don't have ESPNU.

Coogs
07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
TiVo'ed the game and watched Webb this AM. SDSU ran a 4 wide set and ran the ball a lot with the QB and draw plays. Most of the WR routes were quick 5 yard type passes. Webb had a solid game, both catching and passing. Showed some real athleticism on a catch that was out of bounds on 3rd and goal from about the 10. Anouncers made a comment about his seperation ability. Made a couple of catches for short gains while getting mugged as well. Looks like a guy that is goig to be fun to watch.

Coogs
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Just a heads up.

Hali's turn tonight at 11:00 PM Central. ESPNU

Coogs
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Another late heads up. Hali at 11:00PM Central. ESPNU

Coogs
07-06-2006, 12:11 PM
TiVo'ed the game last night. Just got done watching it. And, just as the Senior Bowl, I was very unimpressed with Hali. One blocker, #63 from Northwestern (maybe 63 was a 1st team All-American Right Tackle?)handled Hali. Only plays Hali made were plays where he was left unblocked, just as in the Senior Bowl. Two games... two disappointments.

Maybe it (my mind) will change in a couple of days when he plays twice on the U. :shrug:

Next up... Page tonight.

Coogs
07-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Hali is on again tonight. Twice. I really hope to see some good stuff from him tonight. In the Northwestern game, he was blocked by 1 guy, the QB from NW rolled out to his side 5 or 6 times and fooled Hali (much like the Plummer bootleg), and when they wanted to run the ball they ran right at Hali.

Ohio State is supposed to be a good one for Hali. I'm ready to see what he can do.

Coogs
07-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Pollard is up tonight at 6:00 PM Central.

I have seen Hali 4 times now, and am starting to be a bit impressed. I do not see Dwight Freeney at all though. I was a huge Freeney fan, and pimped him hard to be a Chief his senior year at Syracuse. Watched him play every chance I had. Freeney was an absolute force off of the edge that had to be accounted for on every play because of his speed off of the corner. I see more of Freeney in Allen. I don't see that in Hali.

I do however see a DE that could be just what we need. LB's (DJ and Mitchell) could have a field day playing behind Hali, much as the Penn State LB Paul Posluszny had last season. That guy was in on every play, and much of that had to do with Hali. He stayed home on running plays and turned the runners right into the LB's. He stays home on running plays to the other side, so maybe the cutback runs won't hurt us as much. He puts on a solid pass rush, and forces the QB out of the pocket. He can drop into pass coverage, and not look totally lost out there. That is something I have seen the Tampa Cover 2 DE's like Rice do in the past.

I'm not sure we Hali will be ROY or even in the Pro-Bowl soon. I do however think because of Hali, DJ will be in the Pro-Bowl... possibly as soon as this year.

Coogs
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Pollard on in about 15 minutes if anybody cares. I know I am anxious to see him play, as I have never had/taken the opportunity to see him before.

Fish
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Pollard is up tonight at 6:00 PM Central.

I have seen Hali 4 times now, and am starting to be a bit impressed...

He stayed home on running plays and turned the runners right into the LB's. He stays home on running plays to the other side, so maybe the cutback runs won't hurt us as much.

Hicks is gonna have to work with him on those cutbacks and bootlegs.... yeah.... cause Hicks is TEH BESTEST at that.....

Coogs
07-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Penn State vs. Michigan is on ESPNU right now, started at 8:00 PM Central time. My wife is watching a movie, so I won't be able to see it. :(

el borracho
07-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Pollard on in about 15 minutes if anybody cares. I know I am anxious to see him play, as I have never had/taken the opportunity to see him before.
So... how did he do?

Coogs
07-16-2006, 08:50 AM
So... how did he do?

What I could see, I would rate so-so. Camera angles made it hard to see where he was most of the time on plays (unlike Hali who you can see for the entire play nearly every play). Made a couple of good tackles, but also missed a couple of what looked to be easy tackles too. Played on a crappy Purdue defense. Didn't stand out at all.

And I got to see most of the Michigan/Penn St. game last night. And after 5 games now, Hali really is not a stand out player either. Makes a few plays, but that is about it. I suppose if he was a real game changer, he would have went much higher than spot #20 in the draft. Solid player, yes. Stays home and all. Gets tied up by 1 blocker much of the time. LB's behind him seem to make most of the plays, which should be great for DJ.

el borracho
07-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Hmm, doesn't sound so inspiring although I guess safeties usually only really stand out when they eff something up.

By the way, I thought DJ played on the same side as Allen and that Bell played on the side that Hicks has occupied. Am I wrong?

milkman
07-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmm, doesn't sound so inspiring although I guess safeties usually only really stand out when they eff something up.

By the way, I thought DJ played on the same side as Allen and that Bell played on the side that Hicks has occupied. Am I wrong?

Yes.

el borracho
07-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes, I am wrong? Or yes, DJ plays behind Allen?

milkman
07-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, I am wrong? Or yes, DJ plays behind Allen?

You're wrong.