PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Wallace, heading to Bulls

Ari Chi3fs
07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
According to ESPN... 52Million 4 years

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52M for four years.

Ebolapox
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KevB
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
That's a lot to pay for a guy who can't score a lick and kills you at the line. They also still don't have a guy that can score in the post with any regularity. Having said all that, post defense should be well in hand adding Big Ben and Tyrus Thomas to Tyson Chandler.

sedated
07-03-2006, 07:17 PM
meh. :shrug:

Defense will be good, but I'd rather have Sheed than Ben.

NJ Chief Fan
07-03-2006, 07:17 PM
:( :shake: :bang: :crybaby: :deevee:

HemiEd
07-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Does he still have the "fro" like he had in the fight? I hope so.

KCChiefsMan
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
that is an excellent move for the Bulls, ya he can't score, but his rebounding and D makes up for that. He was a huge part of the Pistons' championship

TRR
07-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Not too sure I would have forked over that kind of money for an offensive liability. However, he will bring an attitude to the Bulls, and their interior defense will be amazing.

tk13
07-03-2006, 07:35 PM
That might be a championship caliber move. But I think interior defense is crucial to have a championship team. Look at the Heat with Shaq, Mourning, and Haslem. The Bulls have an interesting mix, some big interior defenders like Chandler, Thomas, and Wallace, some good perimeter guys in Gordon, Hinrich, Duhon... and they also have a few european style big guys. Be interesting to see how well they all play together.

dj56dt58
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
The Bulls have had the best defense in the nba the last 2 seasons. this can only make it better. and while he doesn't score a lot of points, he will allow other players like hinrich and gordon get to the basket more and i think he is a better offensive player than he gets credit for. It's not all about stats, especially with the bulls where it truely is a team game. .not to mention it makes detroit weaker at the same time. I hope the bulls keep chandler too bc i think he will develop into a great player someday. I have heard they are trading him and allen for pj brown and jr smith tho.

Ebolapox
07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
ROFL... JR ryder

FAX
07-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Good move for the Bullarinas.

Does MJ not own a piece of that team now?

FAX

sedated
07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Good move for the Bullarinas.

Does MJ not own a piece of that team now?

FAX

charlotte

FAX
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
charlotte

My bad. Thanks, Mr. sedated. My confusion knows no bounds.

I think my darn bounds may be a tad confused as well.

FAX

Pitt Gorilla
07-03-2006, 07:59 PM
For a defender? Ick.

Psyko Tek
07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
dunno if it's a good deal or a bad deal....

but I know, my beloved suns could sure use a big man in the middle, for shot blocks and boards

Mr. Laz
07-03-2006, 08:39 PM
bulls already have the offense with Gordon,Hinrich and Deng.

Tyrus Thomas should pick up steady slop points too.

heard they might trade Tyson Chandler

banyon
07-03-2006, 09:01 PM
bulls already have the offense with Gordon,Hinrich and Deng.

Tyrus Thomas should pick up steady slop points too.

heard they might trade Tyson Chandler

If only they could trade him back for Elton Brand.

KevB
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
The Bulls have had the best defense in the nba the last 2 seasons. this can only make it better. and while he doesn't score a lot of points, he will allow other players like hinrich and gordon get to the basket more and i think he is a better offensive player than he gets credit for. It's not all about stats, especially with the bulls where it truely is a team game. .not to mention it makes detroit weaker at the same time. I hope the bulls keep chandler too bc i think he will develop into a great player someday.

Nobody told me that John Paxson frequented the board.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Definetly a great move for them, they were pretty good this year. Should bring a dominant defensive force in. I still think he could do better offensively, but he sucks balls at the line. Chandler likely will be traded. I am quiet bulls fan since they are closer than any other team.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Great move, IMO.

chop
07-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Ben Wallace was quoted as saying the 4 year, 48 million dollar deal the Pistons offered him was "not fair". The contract would have been the largest contract ever given to a Detroit player.

IMO, knowing that there is a salary cap, how can anyone say that that deal was not fair, and be upset about it? The Pistons offered him as much as they could possibly could offer. Just say it like it is. You got more money so you took it. Don't bad mouth the team you've spent the last four years playing on.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Ben Wallace was quoted as saying the 4 year, 48 million dollar deal the Pistons offered him was "not fair". The contract would have been the largest contract ever given to a Detroit player.

IMO, knowing that there is a salary cap, how can anyone say that that deal was not fair, and be upset about it? The Pistons offered him as much as they could possibly could offer. Just say it like it is. You got more money so you took it. Don't bad mouth the team you've spent the last four years playing on.
It really wasn't much of a pay increase, esp by NBA standards, maybe he was getting off the ship and getting on another one that may be rising.

SCTrojan
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
The Bulls are putting together a pretty solid team. I agree with others that they also need a guy who scores from the post, but Wallace will make them a better team.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2006, 12:28 AM

You now have 1 too many posts. Rep to the first person that can tell me why.

Guru
07-04-2006, 12:32 AM
You now have 1 too many posts. Rep to the first person that can tell me why.

Hmmm, because 2112 was Rush's best album?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Hmmm, because 2112 was Rush's best album?

F*CKIN BAM!!!!!!!!!! First guess. This will be the first of many reps to come your way. :toast:

Guru
07-04-2006, 12:39 AM
F*CKIN BAM!!!!!!!!!! First guess. This will be the first of many reps to come your way. :toast:

It was the only obvious answer, but then again, I am a Rush fan too. :)

Halfcan must have logged off, I figured he would beat me to it.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
It was the only obvious answer, but then again, I am a Rush fan too. :)

Halfcan must have logged off, I figured he would beat me to it.

ROFL Halfcan is the one I expected to get it. Greetings fellow Rushian :toast:

Guru
07-04-2006, 12:41 AM
ROFL Halfcan is the one I expected to get it. Greetings fellow Rushian :toast:

Poor Halfcan. Maybe next time he won't go out partying too early on a holiday now. :shake: ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
07-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Rush is gay.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Rush is gay.

You really are going to get your ass kicked today by that Chiefs leather coat mullet wearing dude. DAMN YOU!!!!!

Guru
07-04-2006, 01:27 AM
You really are going to get your ass kicked today by that Chiefs leather coat mullet wearing dude. DAMN YOU!!!!!
ROFL ROFL ROFL

DaKCMan AP
07-04-2006, 05:38 AM
and the pistons downfall begins :D

Mecca
07-04-2006, 08:05 AM
But the rise of the Bulls is coming.......what happens if the Knicks get the #1 next year and that becomes the Bulls pick? That is a very likely scenario...then they draft Greg Oden.

If that scenario plays out with what they've already done the Bulls could possibly dominate the next decade of basketball.

suds79
07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
But the rise of the Bulls is coming.......what happens if the Knicks get the #1 next year and that becomes the Bulls pick? That is a very likely scenario...then they draft Greg Oden.

If that scenario plays out with what they've already done the Bulls could possibly dominate the next decade of basketball.

Wow I didn't even think of that.

Was that for Eddie Curry? What trade?

Mecca
07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Wow I didn't even think of that.

Was that for Eddie Curry? What trade?

Yep, the Bulls can swap 1st round picks with the Knicks next year if they want to, considering how bad the Knicks are it's likely the Bulls will have at worst a top 5 pick.

58-4ever
07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
In other news, Peja Stoyakovic signed with the Hornets, who will definitely make the playoffs next year.

Pitt Gorilla
07-04-2006, 10:30 AM

If that scenario plays out with what they've already done the Bulls could possibly dominate the next decade of basketball.Dominate the next decade? I'm not sure I'd put money on that. I recall hearing how "great" their front line was going to be with Curry and Chandler.

Mecca
07-04-2006, 10:30 AM
In other news, Peja Stoyakovic signed with the Hornets, who will definitely make the playoffs next year.

Eh, Peja still plays no defense and tends to disappear in important times especially the playoffs. Chris Paul is nice....one of their 2 young guys needs to step up for them to make it in a tough Western Conference.

Mecca
07-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Dominate the next decade? I'm not sure I'd put money on that. I recall hearing how "great" their front line was going to be with Curry and Chandler.

In fairness Curry developed into a nice player who they turned into one of the greatest trades ever. Chandler isn't to bad but you have to look at how the Bulls are assembled. They have all the pieces good young backcourt and frontcourt players. Plus if they pull the ultimate and get Oden they can work him in slowly with Ben Wallace being there.

58-4ever
07-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Eh, Peja still plays no defense and tends to disappear in important times especially the playoffs. Chris Paul is nice....one of their 2 young guys needs to step up for them to make it in a tough Western Conference.

they should've made it last year with Kirk Snyder and Speedy Claxton at the 2. This year they will be able to move Desmond Mason to the 2, have Peja at the 3, and have Snyder and J.R. Smith come off the bench. We get that 3 point threat that we desperately needed last year when Paul got doubled, and we got some good young defenders with our 2 first round picks.

Mecca
07-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Well JR wants out and is about to be traded to the Bulls so you can basically mark him off......

dj56dt58
07-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I try to keep my true identity a secret..

Spicy McHaggis
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I like it. The Bulls are a young team that should just keep getting better. Adding a veteran who knows how to win like Big Ben to the mix can only help.

dj56dt58
07-04-2006, 04:38 PM
I like it. The Bulls are a young team that should just keep getting better. Adding a veteran who knows how to win like Big Ben to the mix can only help.
agreed. they should have a great defense and by adding thomas in the draft, not to mention gordon, hinrich, and their other young players all have another yr of experience..should have a better offense as well. People act like the bulls struggle to score but I watched almost every bulls game last season and they know how to score. Their offense kinna reminds me of the chiefs offense. The ball is spread around and they can score a million different ways.

Halfcan
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Poor Halfcan. Maybe next time he won't go out partying too early on a holiday now. :shake: ROFL

LOL nice one-you can never start partying too early!

Halfcan
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Rush is gay.

You just got bumped off my Christmas card list.

dj56dt58
07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
You just got bumped off my Christmas card list.
you were gonna bump someone off anyways just to save a dollar fiftey

cheap bastard

CoMoChief
07-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Thats a VERY big contract for a guy who can't score worth a shit, though he is an upgrade at the center position than the other center the Bulls had. This is the team to watch next season.

HINRICH BABY!!!!

chop
07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Pistons get a verbal from Nazr Mohammed. Looks like there will be a center by committee this upcoming year.

McDyess, D. Davis, J. Maxiell, and Mohammed.

NJ Chief Fan
07-04-2006, 09:19 PM
and the pistons downfall begins :D
4321 nlm :)

dj56dt58
07-05-2006, 08:20 AM
i just hate to see chandler leave. he had the potential to be a double double type player once he starts getting bigger

JBucc
07-05-2006, 08:27 AM
The juneati approves