PDA

View Full Version : 07-2-06 - Draft Season's 2007 Mock Draft

Tribal Warfare
07-03-2006, 09:40 PM
http://draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=LupagusMock

http://draftseason.com/team_logos/chiefs.gif Jason Hill WR, Washington St. The Chiefs still don't have a no.1 receiver which is hard to believe. This pick would most likely be Ted Ginn or Calvin Johnson if they come out.

NJ Chief Fan
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
they have the bears winning the super bowl and the phins losing to them THIS GUY HAS NO CREDIBILITY TO ME

Count Alex's Losses
07-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. Both of those teams are up-and-comer's.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Completely unoriginal. Everyone in the world thinks we need a WR and a CB.

Considering our age at so many positions, including O-line, DT, TE, S, and CB, and the number of young WRs this team has, I'd really be suprised if we took a WR in round 1.

Sounds like another guy that learned about foot ball by playing fantasy football. We're top 5 in passing for 5 years in a row, but people still think we need a WR because we don't have a fantasy stud.

KevB
07-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Completely unoriginal. Everyone in the world thinks we need a WR and a CB.

Considering our age at so many positions, including O-line, DT, TE, S, and CB, and the number of young WRs this team has, I'd really be suprised if we took a WR in round 1.

Sounds like another guy that learned about foot ball by playing fantasy football. We're top 5 in passing for 5 years in a row, but people still think we need a WR because we don't have a fantasy stud.

The Chiefs are an anomoly in that regard, it's not just a fantasy slant. Most of the great passing teams in the history of the NFL had at least one semi-elite WR.

SNR
07-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. Both of those teams are up-and-comer's.The Bears are the prime playoff chokers to the NFC as the Chiefs are to the AFC... when they DO make it, that is.

And I'm not buying any of this retarded Dolphin-hype bullshit. They can stand to improve on both sides of the ball before they become Super Bowl-calibre

jspchief
07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The Chiefs are an anomoly in that regard, it's not just a fantasy slant. Most of the great passing teams in the history of the NFL had at least one semi-elite WR.Yea, we have this one receiver, you may have heard of him. He led the league in receptions a couple years ago. Tony Something -or-other...

Considering all the real needs this team has, I find it incredibly unimaginative to say we need a WR simply so we can fit into some conventional model of a good offense.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. Both of those teams are up-and-comer's.The Bears are a fluke. Their D is solid, but not as good as advertised, and their offense is mediocre when firing on all cylinders. If they played in any division other than the NFC North, they'd have missed the play-offs last year.

KevB
07-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Yea, we have this one receiver, you may have heard of him. He led the league in receptions a couple years ago. Tony Something -or-other...

Considering all the real needs this team has, I find it incredibly unimaginative to say we need a WR simply so we can fit into some conventional model of a good offense.

Tony who? I wasn't aware we had a WIDE RECEIVER named Tony something. Fill me in.

What do you expect from Joe Nobody on some arbitrary website who isn't a Chiefs fan? They glance at our roster, see that our starters at WR are 50 year old Eddie Kennison and completely unproven youth after that. You and I as Chiefs fans know that has been reasonably successful, but Joe Nobody doesn't have a clue. If I looked at our roster with no knowledge of the Chiefs, I'd think the same thing.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Tony who? I wasn't aware we had a WIDE RECEIVER named Tony something. Fill me in.What difference does it make where they line up? He's a receiver, and one of the best in the game. The notion that we need a guy that lines up wide to have an effective passing game is exactly the lame ridgid thinking I'm talking about. Clearly what we're doing is working pretty well.

What do you expect from Joe Nobody on some arbitrary website who isn't a Chiefs fan? They glance at our roster, see that our starters at WR are 50 year old Eddie Kennison and completely unproven youth after that. You and I as Chiefs fans know that has been reasonably successful, but Joe Nobody doesn't have a clue. If I looked at our roster with no knowledge of the Chiefs, I'd think the same thing.Exactly my point. Some idiot looks at the roster, doesn't see a guy that he would take in his fantasy draft, and assumes we need a WR. If he doesn't have the time to inform himself on what a team's real needs are, what makes him think anyone wants to read his mock drafts?

Mecca
07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
If the Chiefs get the chance to draft Calvin Johnson they better not pass on that, I'd go apeshit. That guy is going to be an absolute star he's big and fast he's like Andre Johnson number 2.

KevB
07-03-2006, 10:48 PM
What difference does it make where they line up? He's a receiver, and one of the best in the game. The notion that we need a guy that lines up wide to have an effective passing game is exactly the lame ridgid thinking I'm talking about. Clearly what we're doing is working pretty well.

Despite our stats, I'd be willing to bet Trent and Tony have wished more than a couple of times that they had a go to WR out wide, and especially in the red zone. To say that isn't a need is incorrect.

Exactly my point. Some idiot looks at the roster, doesn't see a guy that he would take in his fantasy draft, and assumes we need a WR. If he doesn't have the time to inform himself on what a team's real needs are, what makes him think anyone wants to read his mock drafts?

I understand, but my point is that there's no point getting upset when most mocks are simply connecting the dots, especially this early.