07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
14 choices!

ORLY?

VonneMarie
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Um...

Count Alex's Losses
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
His poll takes awhile to get up...give him a second.

banyon
07-03-2006, 10:05 PM

As long as :skip: 's?

grandllama
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM

I always thought that problem was relegated to GC...

grandllama
07-03-2006, 10:10 PM
You ****ers voting for Montana ought to be shot. That SF dandy was a carpet bagger of the first right... The ****er did nothing for us that was out of the ordinary.

He doesn't even pretend to have liked it here or even acknowledge that he every played here unless he is trying to sell tickets to some bullshit motivational speaking tour...

Rausch
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
You ****ers voting for Montana ought to be shot. That SF dandy was a carpet bagger of the first right... The ****er did nothing for us that was out of the ordinary.

He doesn't even pretend to have liked it here or even acknowledge that he every played here unless he is trying to sell tickets to some bullshit motivational speaking tour...

First, he only sells auto's that have both KC AND Niner's stuff (half helmets, etc.)

2nd, that MNF game was the best KC game I've seen. I didn't watch football until 89 so any other HOF'er outside of Allen I've never watched play.

3rd, as soon as we traded for him EVERYONE believed we had a chance. And we did. It's the closest we've been to winning one in 30 years. Who'll ever forget the Steelers and Oilers games in 93?

4th, he's the last guy to WIN a playoff game for us...

grandllama
07-03-2006, 10:23 PM
First, he only sells auto's that have both KC AND Niner's stuff (half helmets, etc.)

2nd, that MNF game was the best KC game I've seen. I didn't watch football until 89 so any other HOF'er outside of Allen I've never watched play.

3rd, as soon as we traded for him EVERYONE believed we had a chance. And we did. It's the closest we've been to winning one in 30 years. Who'll ever forget the Steelers and Oilers games in 93?

We had this discussion two years ago on the way to Rolla and I STILL don't agree with you ;)

And what the hell are you talking about with auto's? Allen has the KC car dealership :)

listopencil
07-03-2006, 10:26 PM
OK, I'll admit it. I'm one of the people that voted for Montana.

grandllama
07-03-2006, 10:30 PM
OK, I'll admit it. I'm one of the people that voted for Montana.

Well that's to be expected since as an opposing fan, you knew that you were one small sack (resulting in a nasty hangnail screwing his perfect manicure) from having him removed from a game...

milkman
07-03-2006, 10:34 PM

You know, I've said this before, but I thought trading for Montana was a mistake.

I don't question his greatness, and his contribution to the Chiefs is another testament to his greatness, but the fact was he was only going to be here for 2-3 years max, and I felt that persuing Steve Buerlein at that time would have been a more practical long term option.

I also didn't believe that even Montana could overcome Martyball.

He almost proved me wrong.

FAX
07-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Voted for Willie Lanier.

He should be in the stud hall of fame.

FAX

milkman
07-03-2006, 10:36 PM
I voted Willie Lanier.

He still, to this day, is my all time favorite.

VonneMarie
07-03-2006, 10:36 PM
And what the hell are you talking about with auto's? Allen has the KC car dealership :)
Which sucks! That has to be the worst Ford Dealership, hands down.
:shake:

Count Alex's Losses
07-03-2006, 10:40 PM

Sorry but without Montana I am not a Chiefs fan today.

Also, this was pretty out of the ordinary if you ask me:

http://f10.putfile.com/7/18323361073.gif (http://www.putfile.com)

http://f10.putfile.com/7/18323393886.gif (http://www.putfile.com)

And while I'm at it....

http://f10.putfile.com/7/18323395468.gif (http://www.putfile.com)

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3518/elway92sc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

banyon
07-03-2006, 10:53 PM
voted Willie. classiest guy on that list.

grandllama
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Sorry but without Montana I am not a Chiefs fan today.

Even more reason to hate the teabagger ;)

dirk digler
07-03-2006, 11:09 PM
I voted for Lenny though I do love Bell and Lanier as well.

When DT gets in the Hall he would be my #1 choice going away.

SLAG
07-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Hank Stram Of Course...

the only Coach to get us the Big one

SCTrojan
07-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Voted Buck Buchanon. Wish both DT and Otis Taylor qualified to be choices on this poll, though.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
I had to go with Marcus Allen.

I was too young to really see guys like Bell and Lanier play. I certainly know enough of them to respect who they are, but it's hard to call a guy a "favorite" when your knowledge of him consists of stat lines and a few NFL films highlight reels.

DJay23
07-03-2006, 11:19 PM
I voted for Stram. I wasn't alive to see the greats like Lanier, Bell, and Buchanon, but I have seen the classic NFL films footage of Stram and remember him as a commentator.

I also don't consider Montana, Moon, Webster, and even Marcus real Chiefs. They made their names with other teams and Carl sort of got them on loan in their waning years to sell tickets.

Prince22
07-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I voted Montana because he is the man responsible for me being a Chiefs fan. I was a huge Joe Montana fan when I was a child and I loved the 49ers (my older brother got me started on SF). When the 9ers decided to replace the greatest QB of all time with Steve Young I was pissed and I have hated the 49ers every since. You should probably know I was 10 or 11 years old at the time. But Joe Montana is my favorite player of all time so of course I'm voting for him for that reason.

chefsos
07-04-2006, 12:57 AM
My brothers and I used to play this silly game with our football cards, in which we'd throw a card down for each position and decide who won each throw with the player on his card. I think we kept score, too. Every time I dropped The Buck on 'em, they just threw up their hands. Guaranteed win for me. So even though I still think Lanier was the greatest, my favorite would be Buchanan.

And it's Buchanan! C'mon. It's easy, really. Just remember that Buck=No O.

Nevermind...my Spelling Nazi Tourette's just manifested. I'm better now. Carry on.

ChiefButthurt
07-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Willie Lanier hands down. I played "Willie Lanier" all the time in little league football and I kicked ass when I was pretending to be him.

I pretended to play "Dick Butkus" once and got the shit kicked out of me.

SNR
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I voted Lenny because I've seen him at so many prostate cancer awareness meetings growing up, I know him personally, actually.

Oh, yeah, and he was the QB during our only SB appearances

Hydrae
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I voted for Stram. I wasn't alive to see the greats like Lanier, Bell, and Buchanon, but I have seen the classic NFL films footage of Stram and remember him as a commentator.

I also don't consider Montana, Moon, Webster, and even Marcus real Chiefs. They made their names with other teams and Carl sort of got them on loan in their waning years to sell tickets.

I moved to Missouri in 1990 so didn't see the old greats play either. I agree about the others not really being Chiefs at all but would say I always loved Moon (although that 500 yards against us was heartrending).

I wound up copping out with the Gaz option.

DJay23
07-04-2006, 01:45 PM
I moved to Missouri in 1990 so didn't see the old greats play either. I agree about the others not really being Chiefs at all but would say I always loved Moon (although that 500 yards against us was heartrending).

I wound up copping out with the Gaz option.
I always HATED Warren Moon. I respected his talent, but next to Elway among individuals I HATED him the most. The main reason was that when he threw for 500 against us at Arrowhead, he was very clear about rubbing it in, pointing in our players faces and even getting into a couple of scuffles, one I believe with my favorite Chief DT.

I always hated the Oilers because I can never remember us beating them until that 93 playoff game.

Plus their colors were gay.

StcChief
07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Lenny the Cool

CupidStunt
07-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Larry Johnson and Derrick Thomas.

Yeah, yeah - i'm projecting.

CHENZ A!
07-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Voted for Buck Buchanan, never saw him play, but Pops knew him, and Buck let him try on his Superbowl Ring. Buck had the ring on his pinky finger, and Pops put the thing on his thumb and could spin it around, this mans hands were huge.

KC Jones
07-04-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't feel I can honestly vote for any of the old timers since I never saw them play. If I could it would be between Lanier and Buchanon. How sad is it that of recent players I did see we only have free agents that made a short stop here on their way into the hall? I guess in that regard I'll take Montana too. Hopefully next year we can put Thomas on that list.

Kerberos
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I had to go with Len Dawson ... He was one hell of a matriculator.

Bwana
07-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Montana

dj56dt58
07-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I voted for Lenny though I do love Bell and Lanier as well.

When DT gets in the Hall he would be my #1 choice going away.
yeah..i would have voted for DT but since these people who vote on who goes to the hof are complete ****ing idiots...

HemiEd
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Willie Lanier, my all time favorite player. Buck Buchanon a close second, they were a lot of fun to watch.

big nasty kcnut
07-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Len Dawson the man the myth the legend. I met him when the chiefs beat houston oiler in a preseason game. Touch the superbowl ring. Also he helped me on my monty beisel interview.

pr_capone
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Okoye was a glaringly missing from that list.

Bwana
07-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Okoye was a glaringly missing from that list.

Give him a call and he will send you a signed 8x10. :holdman:

banyon
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Why did so many people pick a guy who played for the :arrow: for two years and then went into the hall as a Niner?

At least Lenny, Willie, and Buck got a ring for the :arrow:.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Allen, Lanier & Montana have a damn close race going

Deberg_1990
07-04-2006, 06:20 PM
The ****er did nothing for us that was out of the ordinary.

Yea i guess your right. Winning 2 playoff games in a row and going to the AFC Championship game is something that happens nearly every year for us.

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry but without Montana I am not a Chiefs fan today. Same here.

What would the Planet be without GoChiefs?!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
At 29 it's hard to say this, but it is valid. I'm one of the kids on this board that wasn't born yet the last time the Chiefs won a superbowl.

Marcus Allen. We stole him from the Raiders and he was a workhorse for us. 3rd and 1. Consider it done.

andoman
07-04-2006, 06:47 PM
What, no Rob Thomas, Todd McNair? Those two were money for Steve DeBerg!

milkman
07-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Willie Lanier, my all time favorite player. Buck Buchanon a close second, they were a lot of fun to watch.

That late 60s, early 70s D was loaded with players that were fun to watch.

Bobby Bell, Johnny Robinson, Emmit Thomas, Curley Culp.

I think people who did watch those teams also forget about how good guys like Aaron Brown and Jim Lynch were also.

HemiEd
07-04-2006, 08:04 PM
That late 60s, early 70s D was loaded with players that were fun to watch.

Bobby Bell, Johnny Robinson, Emmit Thomas, Curley Culp.

I think people who did watch those teams also forget about how good guys like Aaron Brown and Jim Lynch were also.

Agreed, it was a great collection of talent. Wasn't it Curley Culp who returned the fumble for 99 yards and the winning touchdown? I remember how excited I was at that play, pretty sure it was Culp.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Montana, Allen & Lanier in a close race with Dawson coming on

milkman
07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Agreed, it was a great collection of talent. Wasn't it Curley Culp who returned the fumble for 99 yards and the winning touchdown? I remember how excited I was at that play, pretty sure it was Culp.

I don't remember that play.

Might have been one of those Sundays that got interrupted by a useless church function that I was forced to attend as kid.

ck_IN
07-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I guess I'd go for Lenny. The problem with most of those guys is that they just predate me. I'd go for Marcus or Joe but I still consider them to be a Raider and a 49r. Marcus less so then Joe.