PDA

View Full Version : About to choke one away...

Ari Chi3fs
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Royals were down 3-1 came back 5-3... bottom of 7th bases loaded, score zero... Twins score 3 top of 8th.

Currently 6-5 twins. Bottom 8th

VonneMarie
07-03-2006, 09:10 PM
We'll come back.

grandllama
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
consider it choked.

SNR
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I despise the Twins almost as much as I despise the Viqueens.

GO ROYALS!!! :cuss:

tk13
07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
We basically made Santana have about his worst outing of the year, and we're going to blow it. Quit bringing in Burgos in the 8th! Drives me nuts, Bell keeps doing it though.

VonneMarie
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
They blew it.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 09:20 PM
We had 2nd and 3rd no one out and didn't score, i should've known at that point we'd blow it. Of course Minn scored on a wild pitch, only the 49th this season, ****in ridiculous!

tk13
07-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Good news of the night.... Zack Greinke pitched for Wichita tonight in Springfield against the Springfield Cardinals, picked up his third win.

9 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 12 K

Pitt Gorilla
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
This game is tough to take. It took a complete collapse to lose this game.

Pitt Gorilla
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh, and this ump is terrible.

Ari Chi3fs
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
four fouls... Sanders fighting it...

Saulbadguy
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
****ing twinks.

Ari Chi3fs
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
struck out the side... LOOKING

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Called strikeout, 5 called in the last 2 inn, that ump blew ****in ass, that last pitch was a strike unfortunately....

KevB
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Reggie Sanders can't suck much worse right now. The last three times he was up to bat, there were men all over the bases. He strikes out all three times. His average is down to .245, and he hasn't hit a HR in three weeks.

Yes, I do have him on my fantasy team. :cuss:

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Reggie Sanders can't suck much worse right now. The last three times he was up to bat, there were men all over the bases. He strikes out all three times. His average is down to .245, and he hasn't hit a HR in three weeks.

He has been "blah" for the most part on this team. He still leads in rbis and stuff, but his clutch hitting sucks, and he seems to get a day off every few games. I don't see him reaching his 26 HR plateau like he has in previous seasons.

SCTrojan
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
That was, unfortunately, the Royals of recent vintage. One hit, three walks and a wild pitch with the game on the line. Neither Wellmeyer nor Burgos could throw strikes consistently. Of course, they weren't helped out by a couple of loose throws by Teahen and Buck.

ChiTown
07-03-2006, 09:59 PM

Unless there is a left-handed pitcher, he should NEVER FN COME TO THE PLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :cuss: :mad:

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I like how 5 of our last 6 outs were called 3rd strikes. WTF are guys thinking? You are down by 1 in the 8th and you start thinking you can afford to look at strike 3???

Pitt Gorilla
07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
The good news is that Jennifer Aniston is on Letterman. Good Lord, her legs are wonderful.

SCTrojan
07-03-2006, 10:09 PM
I like how 5 of our last 6 outs were called 3rd strikes. WTF are guys thinking? You are down by 1 in the 8th and you start thinking you can afford to look at strike 3???

I thought the one on DeJesus was high, but all the others were legit, IMO.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I thought the one on DeJesus was high, but all the others were legit, IMO.

DeJesus is the only one I cut slack considering he was already 2 or 3 for 4 I think. And I knwo the Ump was being a jerk all night from what I could tell. I was at the game so it was hard to see but judging from crown reaction and catcher action the Ump was not kind to us.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Those to Stairs were borderline as well, the Dejesus ones were bad though.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Those to Stairs were borderline as well, the Dejesus ones were bad though.

Yeah but when you are down by 1 run late in the game with 2 strikes on you why do you even think about looking at anything close?

5 out of 6 outs were called 3rd strikes. That is poor plate discipline period! In fact that is just out playing with your head in your ass.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah but when you are down by 1 run late in the game with 2 strikes on you why do you even think about looking at anything close?

5 out of 6 outs were called 3rd strikes. That is poor plate discipline period! In fact that is just out playing with your head in your ass.
Those borderline pitches weren't even hittable, it wouldn't have gone anywhere likely. Esp the high ones to Dejesus.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Those borderline pitches weren't even hittable, it wouldn't have gone anywhere likely. Esp the high ones to Dejesus.

B.S. You swing the damn bat and put the ball in play. Guys can always throw high, not field the ball cleanly, whatever. At least you make them earn the damn thing.

Our last 2 innings defense: 2 walks, 1 hit, an error, a wild pitch 3 runs allowed.

Our last 2 inings offense: 5 called 3rd strikes, 1 walk and 1 ground out.

Yeah we really made the twins earn that win. :shake:

SCTrojan
07-03-2006, 10:20 PM

I think you can see that sort of mindset in the Twins' hitters. The guys who came up in their system seem to be tough to strike out.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
B.S. You swing the damn bat and put the ball in play. Guys can always throw high, not field the ball cleanly, whatever. At least you make them earn the damn thing.

Our last 2 innings defense: 2 walks, 1 hit, an error, a wild pitch 3 runs allowed.

Our last 2 inings offense: 5 called 3rd strikes, 1 walk and 1 ground out.

Yeah we really made the twins earn that win. :shake:
Yeah and if he swings and misses you'll be calling the "wtf are you swingnin at?" card, either way these hitters can't win tonight, face it we lost, no control, just hope they do better tomorrow. This is the royals and we do have alot of work to go, atleast as a team we have shown improvement over the last few weeks.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah and if he swings and misses you'll be calling the "wtf are you swingnin at?" card, either way these hitters can't win tonight, face it we lost, no control, just hope they do better tomorrow. This is the royals and we do have alot of work to go, atleast as a team we have shown improvement over the last few weeks.

Nice. Put words in my mouth to make yourself feel smart. If he swings at it he just might hit it.

But how the F*CK will we know when the bat never leaves the shoulder???

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Nice. Put words in my mouth to make yourself feel smart. If he swings at it he just might hit it.

But how the F*CK will we know when the bat never leaves the shoulder???
I could care less if I want to make myself look smart on the damn internet. I just seen how you post and that likely is wtf you'd say. You get all riled up after a damn loss and nitpick on everything, you're going to be warn out by the end of the season bud. You're either on the high end of happy when we win or rock ****in bottom when we lose. Relax and look at half the shit you type. Cutting players left and right after a bad game doesn't sound that smart.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I could care less if I want to make myself look smart on the damn internet. I just seen how you post and that likely is wtf you'd say. You get all riled up after a damn loss and nitpick on everything, you're going to be warn out by the end of the season bud. You're either on the high end of happy when we win or rock ****in bottom when we lose. Relax and look at half the shit you type. Cutting players left and right after a bad game doesn't sound that smart.

Yeah nitpicking on a catcher thwoing a ball into left field to give up the lead and 5 our last 6 guys looking at strike 3 is really nitpicking over nothing.

WTF am I thinking? Who said to cut players left and right? I believe I have called for Sisco and Buck to go pretty much all this year.

I think you should actually read what I post instead of telling me what you THINK I MIGHT say.

You want to act like this is the first time Buck has blown the game.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I was at the game and thought the strike zone was screwed for us. Listening to post game I am hearing that the zone definitely changed in the 9th inning. No excuses but still it is hard to come back in the 9th as it is. Don't need the UMP helping the other guy.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I was at the game and thought the strike zone was screwed for us. Listening to post game I am hearing that the zone definitely changed in the 9th inning. No excuses but still it is hard to come back in the 9th as it is. Don't need the UMP helping the other guy.
It was pretty ridiculous late, atleast have consistency, but Royals always get ****ed on shit like that.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
It was pretty ridiculous late, atleast have consistency, but Royals always get ****ed on shit like that.

Well I was pissed as hell watching Teahen and Buck go down looking. If anything those 2 dipweeds should of been up there looking to jack the ball after they cost us the game.

Stairs is a strike out victim. DeJesus usually won't get caught looking in that situation unless it is just a mean breaking pitch.

Sanders however seems to striek out a lot. Even though 2 of his 3 k's tonight were swinging.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Well I was pissed as hell watching Teahen and Buck go down looking. If anything those 2 dipweeds should of been up there looking to jack the ball after they cost us the game.

Stairs is a strike out victim. DeJesus usually won't get caught looking in that situation unless it is just a mean breaking pitch.

Sanders however seems to striek out a lot. Even though 2 of his 3 k's tonight were swinging.
The Dejesus at bat pissed me off the most, cause that was a bs AB on the ump. Sanders seems more lax than anything and definetly took a pitch he shouldn't have, in what seemed like a good battle going.