PDA

View Full Version : Time For Buck, Sisco & Sanders To Go Away

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:06 PM
I like Reggie but he sucks at the plate. The guy has to be king of strike outs. He had 6 guys on base tonight and could not so much as even put the ball in play.

Another error and sloppy defense by Buck cost us the game.

Sisco couldn't face 1 batter without giving up a hit and a run.

Besides the fact that 5 of our last 6 outs were called 3rd stirkes I would say the above 3 are hurting more than helping.

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Buck and Sisco are fine. It would be pretty dumb to give up on them now. Of course we should trade Reggie if we get good compensation.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Buck and Sisco are fine. It would be pretty dumb to give up on them now. Of course we should trade Reggie if we get good compensation.

I guess you don't watch much Roylas baseball???

Buck seems to hav a passed ball every game that hurts us. We lead the league in that category by the way.

And can you tell me the last time Sisco went on the moud and got people out without giving up runs or hits?

Sisco has never impressed me and Buck should never of made the team. That was a Baird brain fart.

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I guess you don't watch much Roylas baseball???

Buck seems to hav a passed ball every game that hurts us. We lead the league in that category by the way.

And can you tell me the last time Sisco went on the moud and got people out without giving up runs or hits?

Sisco has never impressed me and Buck should never of made the team. That was a Baird brain fart.

I watch a lot of games, and I don't freak out and decide three players should be cut after a 6-5 loss.

Sisco was very good last season. Just because he can't find his stuff this season doesn't mean he is a lost cause. Buck does have plenty of passed balls, but he is also still very young. His offensive and defensive potential make him quite worth keeping. Maybe you think we should just make Paul Bako the every day catcher?

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Buck and Sisco are young, it would be pretty stupid to ditch them, they still have room to learn. Sanders is trade bait.

jspchief
07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Get rid of them in favor of who?

I like how Royals fans still pretend they are watching a major league baseball team.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Buck and Sisco are young, it would be pretty stupid to ditch them, they still have room to learn. Sanders is trade bait.

What is the hope for Sisco? This is his 3rd year and he shows 0 signs of improvment.

Buck can't even shoot a guy stealing 3rd without throwing the ball into the outfield. He can't keep balls in front of him game after game.

Stupid, STUPID play by Buck tonight gave the game away.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:17 PM

I like how Royals fans still pretend they are watching a major league baseball team.

I would have Brown in RF instead of Sanders period. Sisco we could live with cutting and not replacing if you ask me.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 11:20 PM
What is the hope for Sisco? This is his 3rd year and he shows 0 signs of improvment.

Buck can't even shoot a guy stealing 3rd without throwing the ball into the outfield. He can't keep balls in front of him game after game.

Who do you suggest playing in their spots? I guarantee if we just flat out cut these guys they would get picked up and likely be shoved back in our face later. Teahan looked like a huge bum and look at him now....he has improved, there is always room for improvement. I think you overreact to things with the royals alot. yeah bucks passed balls are annoying lately but we have 49 passed balls, our pitchers are not around the plate that much so he has a pretty tough job, hell any MLB catcher would.

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:22 PM

Actually it is Sisco's second season, and last season, his first, some of his stats were 75.1 IP, 3.11 ERA, and 76 SO. Just because he is having a down year doesn't mean that we should just dump him.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Who do you suggest playing in their spots? I guarantee if we just flat out cut these guys they would get picked up and likely be shoved back in our face later. Teahan looked like a huge bum and look at him now....he has improved, there is always room for improvement. I think you overreact to things with the royals alot. yeah bucks passed balls are annoying lately but we have 49 passed balls, our pitchers are not around the plate that much so he has a pretty tough job, hell any MLB catcher would.

Teahan arguably cost us the game by his bone headed throw trying to turn a DP that should of been routine.

I over react? I guess Sanders striking out left and right, Buck consistenlty letting balls by him and Sisco constantly being a breath of fresh air for the other team is just me over-reacting?

Funny all 3 of these guys arguably cost us the game tonight. As well as several others.

I have seen most of the games this year. A lot of those passed balls other catchers seem to cover.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Actually it is Sisco's second season, and last season, his first, some of his stats were 75.1 IP, 3.11 ERA, and 76 SO. Just because he is having a down year doesn't mean that we should just dump him.

Sisco is not worth it. Sorry. He can't even come in and face one batter. He came in the game yesterday for 1 inning and gave up a run. He does it every outing.

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Teahan arguably cost us the game by his bone headed throw trying to turn a DP that should of been routine.

I over react? I guess Sanders striking out left and right, Buck consistenlty letting balls by him and Sisco constantly being a breath of fresh air for the other team is just me over-reacting?

Funny all 3 of these guys arguably cost us the game tonight. As well as several others.

I have seen most of the games this year. A lot of those passed balls other catchers seem to cover.

I think what we should is just cut three players every time we lose until we stop losing. My plan is foolproof. Next ****er that strikes out is gone!

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Sisco is not worth it. Sorry. He can't even come in and face one batter. He came in the game yesterday for 1 inning and gave up a run. He does it every outing.

Does your memory go back more then two days?

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Does your memory go back more then two days?

K you tell me that last good outing Sisco had. Feel free. I am all ears.

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:29 PM
K you tell me that last good outing Sisco had. Feel free. I am all ears.

The entire 2004 season.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:31 PM
The entire 2004 season.

Really? Funny you msut of been watching a different Sisco. The guy I saw last year with the exception of a few early outings is the same I am seeing this year.

So here we are in July and you can't even give me 1 good outing by Sisco? Not 1???

beer bacon
07-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Really? Funny you msut of been watching a different Sisco. The guy I saw last year with the exception of a few early outings is the same I am seeing this year.

So here we are in July and you can't even give me 1 good outing by Sisco? Not 1???

June 8th against Texas he pitched two shut out innings. You are really being a dumbass about this. Settle down. Lots of us were upset when KC gave away the game, but most of us aren't flipping out about it.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 11:34 PM

How is he the same with just a few outings, the eras are totally opposite and he was in much better shape last year. He is struggling this year yes, but he is still 23 and you just dont throw away 23 year old 6'10 left handers that throw in the 90's.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:39 PM
June 8th against Texas he pitched two shut out innings. You are really being a dumbass about this. Settle down. Lots of us were upset when KC gave away the game, but most of us aren't flipping out about it.

WOW! 2 innings over a month ago?

Yes I am being a dumb ass.... :rolleyes:

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:40 PM
How is he the same with just a few outings, the eras are totally opposite and he was in much better shape last year. He is struggling this year yes, but he is still 23 and you just dont throw away 23 year old 6'10 left handers that throw in the 90's.

Then maybe he should spend some time in AAA?

I don't care how fast he throws or how big he is. If he can't throw strikes without getting shelled what good is any of it?

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 11:47 PM

I don't care how fast he throws or how big he is. If he can't throw strikes without getting shelled what good is any of it?
Sounds like a plan to me, cause he isn't doing the job here. I think some seasoning in AAA and get his confidence back may help. Hell it helped Teahan, who still can be a very good defensive 3b even after his night tonight.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a plan to me, cause he isn't doing the job here. I think some seasoning in AAA and get his confidence back may help. Hell it helped Teahan, who still can be a very good defensive 3b even after his night tonight.

If Teahen don't pick it up on defense Gordon will take his place and Teahan will be traded away. He could of been the hero tonight instead he was the start of a bad, bad inning. And then came up to the plate to look at strike 3. His bat is much better now I will admit.

NOT the type of play I am looking from a youngster. No coach is going to be mad if you swing and miss at a close pitch on strike 3.

EVERY coach cringes when you look at a close strike 3.

Sure-Oz
07-03-2006, 11:55 PM
If Teahen don't pick it up on defense Gordon will take his place and Teahan will be traded away. He could of been the hero tonight instead he was the start of a bad, bad inning. And then came up to the plate to look at strike 3. His bat is much better now I will admit.

NOT the type of play I am looking from a youngster. No coach is going to be mad if you swing and miss at a close pitch on strike 3.

EVERY coach cringes when you look at a close strike 3.
I'd still rather see Gordon at 3b and stay put. The guy is a definite stud and from what i hear has a cannon for an arm. Hopefully Teahan has a future with us or is made to be trade bait. I'd rather not move gordon.

petegz28
07-03-2006, 11:57 PM
I'd still rather see Gordon at 3b and stay put. The guy is a definite stud and from what i hear has a cannon for an arm. Hopefully Teahan has a future with us or is made to be trade bait. I'd rather not move gordon.

Gordon needs to come up in late August just to get a taste. And hopefully put some pressure on Teahen to keep imrpoving.

SCTrojan
07-04-2006, 12:01 AM

It's funny that the initial word on him after the trade was that his glove was major league-ready, but his bat wasn't. I've not been wowed by his defense, but he's looked much better at the plate since he returned from Omaha.

tk13
07-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Usually 3B is a position that takes some time to adjust to at the big leagues. Joe Randa was a good defensive third baseman but he had several 20+ error seasons early in his career. Gordon would probably be the same way.... I wouldn't be so quick to give up on Teahen defensively, he just really needs to become more consistent throwing the ball.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Gordon needs to come up in late August just to get a taste. And hopefully put some pressure on Teahen to keep imrpoving.
I hope they bring him up towards the end of the year just so I can see him in person. I see no reason he isn't in the starting lineup in 07 or atleast by midseason.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Usually 3B is a position that takes some time to adjust to at the big leagues. Joe Randa was a good defensive third baseman but he had several 20+ error seasons early in his career. Gordon would probably be the same way.... I wouldn't be so quick to give up on Teahen defensively, he just really needs to become more consistent throwing the ball.
Bout time the resident baseball expert chimed in.

petegz28
07-04-2006, 12:08 AM
It's funny that the initial word on him after the trade was that his glove was major league-ready, but his bat wasn't. I've not been wowed by his defense, but he's looked much better at the plate since he returned from Omaha.

Big difference it seems is he went to AAA and not AA. I am not sure if that was a Bell or Baird move. But Baird seems to shuffle guys between AA and ML and skip AAA. Leo Nunez being a prime example. Grienke as well.

Sometimes it is just a matter of executing your new teachings and techniques to get some game feel to them. But going to AA just makes it too easy. AAA is a good place and Teahen got a good feel in AAA and has brought it back with him.

Since it was AAA and not AA he isn't having to change much of what he was doing in AAA.

I never udnerstood Baird and his love affair with AA.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Big difference it seems is he went to AAA and not AA. I am not sure if that was a Bell or Baird move. But Baird seems to shuffle guys between AA and ML and skip AAA. Leo Nunez being a prime example. Grienke as well.

Sometimes it is just a matter of executing your new teachings and techniques to get some game feel to them. But going to AA just makes it too easy. AAA is a good place and Teahen got a good feel in AAA and has brought it back with him.

Since it was AAA and not AA he isn't having to change much of what he was doing in AAA.

I never udnerstood Baird and his love affair with AA.
I don't understand the skipping AA to majors unless they are just exceptional prospects. I think they are going to stick to moving guys to AAA and as well they should, the game is differnt and will help them out. For awhile there we had nothin but scrubs in AAA just cluttering up for a roster.

SCTrojan
07-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Big difference it seems is he went to AAA and not AA. I am not sure if that was a Bell or Baird move.

Watching Teahen and DeJesus for the last few weeks has given me hope that the Royals can become consistent developers of young position player talent.

I've seen no one on the pitching staff recently that gives me the same hope about developing pitching talent.

Demonpenz
07-04-2006, 02:08 AM
i really like teahans swig. Really short, not much a trigger with still enough pop to drive one out. I am interested to see gordons stroke. I heard it's alot like bretts

alanm
07-04-2006, 02:44 AM
Posnanski brought up a interesting tidbid in his collumn today. That Saunders was leading the Royals in Hr's and Stolen bases. :eek:

I wasn't even aware of that. :doh!:

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Posnanski brought up a interesting tidbid in his collumn today. That Saunders was leading the Royals in Hr's and Stolen bases. :eek:

Gathright needs to start getting on base and they need to unleash him. Sanders has 9 hr and 40 rbis, pretty lame esp in the HR dept.

Miles
07-04-2006, 02:53 AM

Leading the team in RBI's as well.

Nice avy by the way.

Miles
07-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Gathright needs to start getting on base and they need to unleash him.

That seems to be the basic problem with him. Not a good hitter and doesn't get on base at a good enough rate. He is still a good gamble. If he can start geting on base his speed is impressive.

KCChiefsMan
07-04-2006, 03:46 AM
We should have kept Beltran and Damon :p

Cochise
07-04-2006, 06:20 AM

So? Lots of teams bench their leader in home runs and stolen bases... Sanders needs to go :rolleyes:

nychief
07-04-2006, 07:57 AM

you are wrong. Buck has one of the best fielding % in the AL, and he has been hitting for the last month. Sisco could use a little seasoning... but this is reactionary post.

Reggie Sanders can't hit? okay. I guess I just get lost in the 300 homers and 15 years in the big leagues.... that being said, I'd move him in a heart beat if the right deal came along.

beavis
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
We should probably dump Brown too because his defense sucks.

Should I even mention Berroa?

How about Grudz? Why isn't he hitting .330?

Mienk hits like a backup shortstop, he should get the axe too.

DeJesus has been hurt too much, he should get dumped too.

Burgos can't protect a lead, he should be playing for the t-bones.

Might as well dump Greinke too, we haven't even seen him at all this year.

I'll go along with all of this if we can ban peterpuffer.

beavis
07-04-2006, 09:04 AM
The only one I'm seriously done with is Berroa. He shows no signs of even attempting to pull his head out of his ass. I'd take a case of Natty in exchange for him at this point.

tomahawk
07-04-2006, 09:24 AM

I feel this is true. His primary role right now seems to be to get the left hander out and he doesn't do that very well.

Knowing that they couldn't send him to the minors last year or they would have had to offer him back to the club they drafted him from may have caused him to relax and pitch better, because he knew how much the royals liked him. However with an 8.0 era he needs help and innings to get this worked out, so send him to Omaha and even start a few games just to see if he can work it out, and if not , do what you have to do.

chiefqueen
07-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Gathright needs to start getting on base and they need to unleash him.

Before Gathright can get on base he needs to actually GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Before Gathright can get on base he needs to actually GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im atleast suprised they didn't pinch run grudz with him last night in the 9th.

kc1977
07-04-2006, 10:56 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Teahan gets a free pass the rest of the year, solely for taking care of the Tards.

Sisco has looked particularly inept lately - I'm not sure what to think of him long term.

As far as Buck, I'm not sure what to think - I do wish I thought more of him - with 2 outs in the 9th vs. the Tards on Sunday, he had a chance to win me over for at least the year, but as expected, blew it. On a lot of teams, a good defensive catcher makes up for being an offensive liability - Buck does not. I like the pop in his bat, but I wish he'd be more consistent and show it more. His defense has not lived up to being the "catcher of the future".

Sanders - the guy doesn't deserve to go out this way. I do hope he gets traded to a contender - and wish nothing but the best for him - unless he goes back to St. Loser. While we started 2-13, he was often the lone guy keeping this team going. He can play in my lineup any day.

And Geesh, I'm in favor of anyone in the lineup over Emil Brown - I just don't get the fascination with this guy.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Emil has been pretty solid at the plate, his defense just blows. I think he could be trade bait as well if someone wants him. Sanders def. deserves a playoff shot and i do wish him the best as well.

duncan_idaho
07-04-2006, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=petegz28]What is the hope for Sisco? This is his 3rd year and he shows 0 signs of improvment.QUOTE]

Hmm. 6-10 lefty. Throws in the mid-90s. Has control problems early in his career.

Remind you of anyone? Ask the Montreal Expos...

He does probably need some time in Omaha to work things out... but you can't give up on him. Sisco was dominant last year and will be again.

Just hope it's in blue...

Mosbonian
07-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Anyone thinking of dumping Teahan is just rubber stamping the idiot process that has keep the Royals as the laughingstock of the MLB.

It's a good thing back in their heyday that the Royals didn't decide to send the kid packing that they brought up from the minors to replace Paul Schaal....he had hands of stone, had only hit less than .250, and was the biggest defensive liability the team had.

Or the homegrown and untested 2nd baseman, whose glove was unmatched, but offensive skills were lacking.....see they didn't believe he could replace the irreplaceable Cookie Rojas.

Or the Outfielder who could cover more of the outfield than anyone had ever seen before, but couldn't get on base to save his soul.

All of the above guys needed time to grow into what was the foundation for a dynasty. The management was patient then, and management needs to be patient with these kids now.

mmaddog

tk13
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Aaron Guiel is the person everybody is fascinated with... most Royals fans I've read about the web hate Emil.

I actually like the guy though, I think he might be our best pure hitter. He has excellent plate discipline. He's definitely become a legitimate major league hitter. He's hit .337 over the last month-plus.

KChiefs1
07-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Nick Athan reports....:hmmm:

http://mb3.scout.com/fkansascityroyalsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=6360.topic

banyon
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
This is the biggest overreaction since my "Tamba Hali?!? MOTHERF*** YOU CARL!!!" Thread.

chiefqueen
07-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Anyone thinking of dumping Teahan is just rubber stamping the idiot process that has keep the Royals as the laughingstock of the MLB.

It's a good thing back in their heyday that the Royals didn't decide to send the kid packing that they brought up from the minors to replace Paul Schaal....he had hands of stone, had only hit less than .250, and was the biggest defensive liability the team had.

Or the homegrown and untested 2nd baseman, whose glove was unmatched, but offensive skills were lacking.....see they didn't believe he could replace the irreplaceable Cookie Rojas.

Or the Outfielder who could cover more of the outfield than anyone had ever seen before, but couldn't get on base to save his soul.

All of the above guys needed time to grow into what was the foundation for a dynasty. The management was patient then, and management needs to be patient with these kids now.

mmaddog

The thing is, mmaddog, that more than half the people on this BB probably couldn't correctly identify the players mentioned above.

KevB
07-04-2006, 01:20 PM
im atleast suprised they didn't pinch run grudz with him last night in the 9th.

Totally agree. A small point that didn't ultimately matter, but these are the little decisions a good manager makes. Gathright scores on anything into a gap or down a line....it was a no brainer decision.

tk13
07-04-2006, 01:23 PM

We'll see. We have less than a month to move Reggie now.

I don't agree with the Redman/Rogers comparison really... Redman's a good pitcher but he's not Kenny Rogers, you don't build a rotation around him. He'd make a good middle-rotation starter though.

And I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that part of the agreement in hiring Moore was that we couldn't hire people away from the Braves for two years.

Mosbonian
07-04-2006, 01:26 PM
The thing is, mmaddog, that more than half the people on this BB probably couldn't correctly identify the players mentioned above.

So let's see if anyone under the age of 35 can name them.....

Rep for the first person to do it.

mmaddog

KChiefs1
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
George Brett
Frank White
Willie Wilson

StcChief
07-04-2006, 01:41 PM

I like how Royals fans still pretend they are watching a major league baseball team. Rep.
ROFL ROFL

Mosbonian
07-04-2006, 02:01 PM
George Brett
Frank White
Willie Wilson

Correct...although we haven't established you are under 35.... ROFL

mmaddog

CHENZ A!
07-04-2006, 02:45 PM
I just can't stand to hear people go on about how good Buck's defense is. If he calls a good game, then why can't our starters go more than 3 innings(exception of last night) not to mention the guy can't stop any throw thats not right in his mit, and I've seen him throw the ball to the outfield more times than he has thrown anyone out trying to steal. The guy is a bum.

Reggie, I like, but it seems like he strikes out too much with runners on base. We should trade him for whatever we can get.

As for Sisco, he has shown flashes of being real good. I'm not quite sure if he has any options, because he was a rule 5, but I'd send him down until next yr if possible, and make him earn a spot in spring training.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Totally agree. A small point that didn't ultimately matter, but these are the little decisions a good manager makes. Gathright scores on anything into a gap or down a line....it was a no brainer decision.
It was a no brainer and totally baffled me at the time, i expected him to come out of the dugout at any min. to replace grudz. but he didn't. I also don't get how he didn't even bother arguing balls and strikes esp in the 9th considering Burgos didn't get anywhere close to the calls Nathan and the other twins pitcher got. Bell is such a mystery.

chiefsfan987
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
1) Reggie needs to go, he's washed up and just wasting payroll much like Mike Sweeney. That is just one of a string of many bad moves by Allard Baird.

2) Bucks defense is actually pretty good. Its the fact that NONE of the pitchers on the team can pitch a game without throwing 100 balls in the dirt that is the real problem. An all star catcher would miss a few per game with this club. There's just too many thrown in the dirt for it to not happen. Add to that the fact most if not all of the Royals pitchers have control problems and it makes Bucks job that much more difficult. Pay attention to how many times Buck puts his glove in a spot and watch how far he has to move it once the ball gets there. If I were to complain about Buck, I wouldn't complain about his defense, I'd complain about the fact he can't hit the first three months of the season for two consecutive years. I see a pattern forming.

3) Sisco needs to go to the minors. Who else in baseball would allow a guy to have an 8 era and stay with the big league club for 3 months if they had options?

4) Unlike most on this thread I think the real catalyst in the loss last night was Teahens bad throw to Grudzielanek in the top of the 8th. If he makes a good throw the Royals turn a double play and the threat is over. By not turning that it ensured that Bell could bring in his pet Sisco (who should never pitch in games in which KC leads as long as his era is over 6) It allowed Burgos to throw his daily ball in the dirt to the backstop, and it also allowed Buck to throw a ball offline into LF. Interestingly enough this afternoon on espn radio Cuddeyer of the Twins told espn that on that wild throw by Buck he looked into the glove of Burgos and saw he was going to the splitter. It was his opinion that Burgos was going to throw it in the dirt and thats what led him to attempt to steal third base. Add in the wild throw from Buck and he goes home free.

Pitt Gorilla
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I have no idea why you would want to get rid of Buck. He's made mistakes, but he's a young catcher (which, as a Royals fan, is a treat).

Cochise
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Uh... I'm not too sure about his conclusion that Bell has given up. The team is playing their best freaking baseball of the year.

Cochise
07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I have no idea why you would want to get rid of Buck. He's made mistakes, but he's a young catcher (which, as a Royals fan, is a treat).

I agree. At least we have youth. What the hell do people want? Paul Bako as the everyday?

Buck doesn't deserve the heat he gets anyways. He seems to be progressing at the plate. He will at least give you a double or a homer every now and again. I mean, the guy is never going to hit .300, but how many catchers do?

SCTrojan
07-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I agree. At least we have youth. What the hell do people want? Paul Bako as the everyday?

Buck doesn't deserve the heat he gets anyways. He seems to be progressing at the plate. He will at least give you a double or a homer every now and again. I mean, the guy is never going to hit .300, but how many catchers do?

What I liked about today's lineup was it was a mixture of youth - DeJesus, Teahen, Buck, Berroa and Gathright - and experience - Grudzielanek, Mientkiewicz, Sanders and Stairs.

That's kind of what has been promised to us as fans for the past few years and it hasn't really transpired on a consistent basis. Here's hoping it continues and we can start getting good, young pitching developed.

CHENZ A!
07-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I've got to give props to Buck for that clutch hit, but he did let another catchable pitch through to the backstop.