PDA

View Full Version : North Korea, what a Joke!

Hog Farmer
07-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Well, they did it. They sent their long dong ho missile off and it went 40 feet and fizzled out. Hell, we have bottle rockets that can do that. We should send in a tomahawk and zap a nuke facility just to show them how this shit is suppose to work. What a ****in joke!ROFL

ck_IN
07-05-2006, 07:00 AM
I was curious why all the fuss about them launching anything. They've yet to prove they can do it.

Now proving they can do it when one hits LAX is too late but until these guys show some competancy I'd tone down the rhetoric.

CrazyHorse
07-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Well, they did it. They sent their long dong ho missile off and it went 40 feet and fizzled out. Hell, we have bottle rockets that can do that. We should send in a tomahawk and zap a nuke facility just to show them how this shit is suppose to work. What a ****in joke!ROFL

Keep in mind, the best teacher is failure.

MOhillbilly
07-05-2006, 07:26 AM
its almost like the media has reverted to the 1950s and the Ruskies will nuke us at any second.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh no, wake the children, wake the elderly we need to seek a fallout shelter immediatley.

Baconeater
07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Duck and cover!

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Duck and cover!

Is is proper protocol to cover then duck?

Baconeater
07-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Is is proper protocol to cover then duck?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_and_cover

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 08:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_and_cover

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I think the public needs to be made aware of these important principles again.

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I know that they're evil and stuff, and their leader is crazy, but to be honest I question the legitimacy of the U.S. and other nations' indignant complaints. If it's okay for us and Britain and France to do missile tests, how can we say that it's not okay for other nations to do the same tests.

ct
07-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I know that they're evil and stuff, and their leader is crazy, but to be honest I question the legitimacy of the U.S. and other nations' indignant complaints. If it's okay for us and Britain and France to do missile tests, how can we say that it's not okay for other nations to do the same tests.

Completely agree!

Hog Farmer
07-05-2006, 10:24 AM

Because they are ruled by a Psycho dictator that is a communist fool!

Geez Rain Man, I thought you were smarter than that. We can't just let anybody and everybody do what they want. WE MUST RULE THE WORLD!

Ultra Peanut
07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
They may be a joke to us, but they could seriously **** things up for South Korea and Japan.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Because they are ruled by a Psycho dictator that is a communist fool!

Geez Rain Man, I thought you were smarter than that. We can't just let anybody and everybody do what they want. WE MUST RULE THE WORLD!

But you have some in our country that would say the same about our current president and past presidents (depending on there party affiliation). I never understood why we made such a fuss but never stopped testing and developing the technology as well.

sedated
07-05-2006, 10:31 AM

"an agreement signed in 2002 between Kim Jong Il, North Korea's leader, and Junichiro Koizumi, Japan's prime minister, in which Pyongyang promised not to test long-range missiles."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13447667/

R&GHomer
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM

One of the reasons I think it pisses us and our western allies off so much is that they have signed treaties expressly forbidding them to continue developing long range ballistic missiles. They also agreed to inform the world community when test firing the ones they had. And for all there agreements they received tons of aid from the US and other western countries.

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 10:53 AM

The same thing happens with environmental and economic treaties. We dump million of tons of crap in the air/lakes/streams/ocean, realize what it's doing, and then ban it and expect the rest of the world to stop, too.

It's not so bad for us to do, we're ALREADY INDUSTRIALIZED. But try to explain it to a poor, agrarian nation that can't industrialize now because of it...

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 11:03 AM
The same thing happens with environmental and economic treaties. We dump million of tons of crap in the air/lakes/streams/ocean, realize what it's doing, and then ban it and expect the rest of the world to stop, too.

It's not so bad for us to do, we're ALREADY INDUSTRIALIZED. But try to explain it to a poor, agrarian nation that can't industrialize now because of it...

Yeah, I can see why we do that sort of thing, but I can also see why it ticks off other countries.

The nuclear nonproliferation stuff is the same way. If half a dozen other countries invented time travel or anti-gravity or something of equal power, and then they told the U.S., "It's dangerous. You shouldn't have it", I think we would thumb our noses at them pretty quickly.

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I can see why we do that sort of thing, but I can also see why it ticks off other countries.

The nuclear nonproliferation stuff is the same way. If half a dozen other countries invented time travel or anti-gravity or something of equal power, and then they told the U.S., "It's dangerous. You shouldn't have it", I think we would thumb our noses at them pretty quickly.

Yep.

Hog Farmer
07-05-2006, 12:37 PM

And that's why I'm glad to be an American!

WE MUST CONTINUE TO RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!

Now if we could just get those dumbass muslims to eat pork!

Pitt Gorilla
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
And that's why I'm glad to be an American!

WE MUST CONTINUE TO RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!

Now if we could just get those dumbass muslims to eat pork!Mmm, barbecue.

crispystl420
07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
North Korea scares me if have to go over there thats a whole different game than Iraq. It would be way more costly in terms of human life.

chief2000
07-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I thought for a sec we shot it down with some lasers.

Anyone know where KIMSMALLDONG missile was headed ?

patteeu
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM

We live in a might makes right world. IMO, providing the appearance of fairness and equality among nations is a useful tool, but it's only a tool. It seems like keeping nuclear-tipped icbms out of the hands of crazy, evil guys is a good occasion to drop the pretense (or to at least create a loophole in it).

MOhillbilly
07-05-2006, 01:11 PM
We live in a might makes right world.

oh no you didnt?!!???

Simplex3
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
We live in a might makes right world. IMO, providing the appearance of fairness and equality among nations is a useful tool, but it's only a tool. It seems like keeping nuclear-tipped icbms out of the hands of crazy, evil guys is a good occasion to drop the pretense (or to at least create a loophole in it).
Stop confusing the issue with facts and realities. Americans hate it when someone expresses the truth about a situation instead of our mamby-pamby imaginary world view.

FAX
07-05-2006, 01:56 PM

The Korean leader is ugly, Mr. Rain Man. Ugly people should not have weapons. Because, it's only a matter of time before they use them on the pretty people.

It's sort of a "gotcha" thing.

FAX

NJ Chief Fan
07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
ill be fine i got one of these
http://www.heinleinforum.com/pix/1963AuRAHFS.jpg

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM

Yeah, good point.

I just find it kind of funny that they're actually behaving in a less hypocritical manner than we are on this point. That said, I agree that this is a reasonable time to rattle our sabers.

Rain Man
07-05-2006, 02:24 PM
North Korea scares me if have to go over there thats a whole different game than Iraq. It would be way more costly in terms of human life.

North Korean human life, maybe.

I have a feeling that 100,000 Americans with 2006 technology would pretty much obliterate 1,000,000 North Koreans with 1950s technology. As long as China stays out of the game, I think we'd be fine.

morphius
07-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, good point.

I just find it kind of funny that they're actually behaving in a less hypocritical manner than we are on this point. That said, I agree that this is a reasonable time to rattle our sabers.
Isn't it because of the nuclear proliferation treaty that allows those of us with Nuke's to look down on anyone new that tries to build one?

Otter
07-06-2006, 12:20 AM
ill be fine i got one of these

A walk in cooler with nitros oxide...cool.

ChiefaRoo
07-06-2006, 12:46 AM

You've already answered your own question. It's ludicrous to even mention the French and the Brits and then comparing them to NK is an insult. Both are civilized democracy's (although I hate the frogs and their weasely ways).

In addition, there's a ton of BS coming out of the NK govt. and since there's no accountability it's scary that they might have nukes and missiles to launch them.

Also, we have a security agreement with Japan and S. Korea. The Japanese get really pissed off when NK shoots a missile over their islands via their airspace. It's destablizing to the region politically and economically and it's our Navy and troops that guarantees military stability in the region.

Rausch
07-06-2006, 12:53 AM
You've already answered your own question. It's ludicrous to even mention the French -

Exactly...

Rausch
07-06-2006, 12:54 AM
A walk in cooler with nitros oxide...cool.

Heh...

To have the joys of my senior year again... :)

PastorMikH
07-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Any chance of us helping them to attach a nuke to the next missle and launch it 40 feet from their capital?

greg63
07-06-2006, 01:28 AM

I find myself glad that it went as well.

greg63
07-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Any chance of us helping them to attach a nuke to the next missle and launch it 40 feet from their capital?

ROFLROFLROFL

I'll bet that could be arranged.

Loki
07-06-2006, 01:40 AM
hans hans hans... you're breaking my balls hans. breaking my balls.
i have a pran. it's a vewy compricated and vewy precise pran.

KCChiefsMan
07-06-2006, 04:16 AM

because we are The U S of ****ing A

Lzen
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM

Did we not learn any lessons from WWI and WWII? That could very easily happen again if we do not keep these countries like Iraq, Iran, and North Korea in check.

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Keep in mind, the best teacher is failure.And determination. I can think of no other race that is determined as a North Korean gook.

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
I know that they're evil and stuff, and their leader is crazy, but to be honest I question the legitimacy of the U.S. and other nations' indignant complaints. If it's okay for us and Britain and France to do missile tests, how can we say that it's not okay for other nations to do the same tests.Because hegemony is a bitch, but somebody has got to do it.

Hog Farmer
07-06-2006, 02:05 PM
What the hell is hegemony. Don,t use words like that!! Jesus Christ I'm a Hog Farmer!

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
What the hell is hegemony. Don,t use words like that!! Jesus Christ I'm a Hog Farmer!And I am a poultry farmer, but thats no excuse to go through life fat drunk and stupid.:p

Lzen
07-06-2006, 03:13 PM
What the hell is hegemony. Don,t use words like that!! Jesus Christ I'm a Hog Farmer!

2 entries found for hegemony.
he·gem·o·ny Audio pronunciation of "hegemony" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-jm-n, hj-mn)
n. pl. he·gem·o·nies

The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.

[Greek hgemoni, from hgemn, leader. See hegemon.]hege·monic (hj-mnk) adj.
he·gemo·nism n.
he·gemo·nist adj.
n.

Usage Note: Hegemony may be stressed on either the first or second syllable, though the pronunciation with stress on the second syllable may be winning out. Seventy-two percent of the Usage Panel prefers it.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

hegemony

n : the domination of one state over its allies

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
2 entries found for hegemony.
he·gem·o·ny Audio pronunciation of "hegemony" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-jm-n, hj-mn)
n. pl. he·gem·o·nies

The predominant influence, as of a state, region, or group, over another or others.

[Greek hgemoni, from hgemn, leader. See hegemon.]hege·monic (hj-mnk) adj.
he·gemo·nism n.
he·gemo·nist adj.
n.

Usage Note: Hegemony may be stressed on either the first or second syllable, though the pronunciation with stress on the second syllable may be winning out. Seventy-two percent of the Usage Panel prefers it.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

hegemony

n : the domination of one state over its allies

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Are you DEEF? He said he was HOG FARMER!

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Are you DEEF? He said he was HOG FARMER!ROFL

gblowfish
07-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I was curious why all the fuss about them launching anything. They've yet to prove they can do it.

Now proving they can do it when one hits LAX is too late but until these guys show some competancy I'd tone down the rhetoric.Nuking LAX would be a bad thing?

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Nuking LAX would be a bad thing?I for one, wish we would lob about 200 cruise missiles onto the square where they do that damn goose stepping march they keep showing all the time, the next time they do it.

Then let the friz haired gook go out and play with his dud bottle rockets.