PDA

View Full Version : Morphius kickin arse!

AustinChief
07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Just want to mention that Morphius is kicking butt with the new front page and the wallpapers section. Seriously good stuff.

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 02:24 PM
It was all my idea. :D

FAX
07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Mr. morphius is doing a fantastic job.

He deserves a big, fat raise.

FAX

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Mr. morphius is doing a fantastic job.

He deserves a big, fat raise.

FAX

Just remember who's pulling the strings here, pal.

morphius
07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Austinchief - Thanks! Glad to see that you are happy with it!

FAX - They already doubled my pay, which oddly hasn't improved my income one iota. LOL!

Sully
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
If someone can make the "Go to first unread post" buttons work, then I'll be friggin ecstatic!!

Baby Lee
07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Only one niggling complaint. Every time I check my rep on "My Profile" I'm so used to it being at the bottom of the pulldown menu, that I keep ending up at the Wallpaper page.

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Only one niggling complaint. Every time I check my rep on "My Profile" I'm so used to it being at the bottom of the pulldown menu, that I keep ending up at the Wallpaper page.

That's all Morphius' fault. He'll get right on that.

Sully
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM

"wait... that was kinda funny... gotta check my rep."

"I think I said something funny again... any rep?"

"Wow, that's gonna piss off someone, better check my rep..."

... I know BL... I know.

StcChief
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
New front page looks good. the raise will make him work harder too....

FAX
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you create a "destroy all dipshittery" button?

That way, a user can eliminate all the absurd posts from his or her Planet experience with a single, convenient mouse click.

Thanks in advance.

FAX

morphius
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Here is the reasoning on that . I put Home on top because that is normally one of first links on a page, Register next because any option below that point you are going to most likely need to be registered and the rest is alphabetical.

Not really easy to follow, but I'm sure your hands will learn it sooner or later :D

Iowanian
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm thrilled to see the improvements.

Amazing what utilizing some of the talents on the board can do to improve the place.

While you're watching AC....It would be my preference to not have smilies looking at me while posting from the "at work" option......

I think it would also be nice to not have Avatars and sigs on unless someone is signed in.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
BB is looking a lot better. Easier for n00b navigation I might add.

FAX
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you create a "destroy all dipshittery" button?

That way, a user can eliminate all the absurd posts from his or her Planet experience with a single, convenient mouse click.

Thanks in advance.

FAX

Ummm. Cancel that.

On second thought, I realized that this would erase all my posts.

FAX

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm thrilled to see the improvements.

Amazing what utilizing some of the talents on the board can do to improve the place.

While you're watching AC....It would be my preference to not have smilies looking at me while posting from the "at work" option......

I think it would also be nice to not have Avatars and sigs on unless someone is signed in.

At Work mode should be the default, which should show up when you're not logged in. I'll have to look into that.

Hog Farmer
07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Morphius, We will never respect your authority until you have actually Banned someone. May I suggest Taco John before the season starts. Please , OH God, Please do it. I hate that little %&@*^.

By the way , great job on the front page!

morphius
07-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Morphius, We will never respect your authority until you have actually Banned someone. May I suggest Taco John before the season starts. Please , OH God, Please do it. I hate that little %&@*^.

I'm pacing myself, I have moved a thread, merged a couple threads and that is about it so far. I have been doing more on the feature upgrades.

mac58
07-05-2006, 03:20 PM
link???

SPchief
07-05-2006, 03:21 PM

Screw that. I think he should ban Gochiefs, if for only a day. It's like a Mods rite of passage.

StcChief
07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm pacing myself, I have moved a thread, merged a couple threads and that is about it so far. I have been doing more on the feature upgrades.

The features upgrade before FB season needs that done now..

But the concurrent load issues on server will only cause problems later.

the VBull upgrade and MySQL to V5.0 still on the radar screen...

ROYC75
07-05-2006, 04:37 PM

Slacker ............... :p

morphius
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Trust me, I would love to do it, and am going to do what I can, but it isn't my expertise so it will take longer.

milkman
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Kudos on the upgrades, but I have to say I ain't real fond of the new prompter for things like changing size, color, bolding, etc.

morphius
07-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Kudos on the upgrades, but I have to say I ain't real fond of the new prompter for things like changing size, color, bolding, etc.
Um, I didn't touch that, and not even sure what you are talking about.

milkman
07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Um, I didn't touch that, and not even sure what you are talking about.

Until today, whenever I clicked on the features just above the reply box (bold, italics, underline, color, size, etc) it would just place the code in the reply box.

Today, when I click on them a prompt window (or whatever it's called) like the one for inserting an image comes up.

morphius
07-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Until today, whenever I clicked on the features just above the reply box (bold, italics, underline, color, size, etc) it would just place the code in the reply box.

Today, when I click on them a prompt window (or whatever it's called) like the one for inserting an image comes up.
I think you might have accidently switched from plain mode instead of enhanced mode, check out the selection right above the input box.

Looks like a simple case of PEBKAC, and has nothing to do with me :P

morphius
07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I'd also recommend checking out the wallpaper page, 4th just gave me a new one to add!

milkman
07-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I think you might have accidently switched from plain mode instead of enhanced mode, check out the selection right above the input box.

Looks like a simple case of PEBKAC, and has nothing to do with me :P

How the hell did I do that?

And what the hell is PEBKAC?

milkman
07-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd also recommend checking out the wallpaper page, 4th just gave me a new one to add!

You mean the link in the dropdown right below "My Profile"?

:)

morphius
07-05-2006, 09:18 PM
How the hell did I do that?

And what the hell is PEBKAC?
Problem Exsists Between Keyboard and Chair :D

stevieray
07-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Ummm. Cancel that.

On second thought, I realized that this would erase all my posts.

FAX

and at least half the board, including mine.

milkman
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM

We'd all have a n00b post count.

milkman
07-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Problem Exsists Between Keyboard and Chair :D

Now that I know what it is, let me just say that you have a firm grasp of the obvious.

stevieray
07-05-2006, 09:26 PM
We'd all have a n00b post count.

skip would die of a heart attack while creating another 100 post thread.

morphius
07-05-2006, 09:31 PM
but luckily we have the "almost" genius Ari Chi3fs to entertain us all

:D

stevieray
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
but luckily we have the "almost" genius Ari Chi3fs to bore us all to death

:D

I hear that.

;)

HemiEd
07-05-2006, 10:02 PM

What did he say?

morphius
07-05-2006, 10:31 PM
What did he say?
Rough translation:

That morphius guy kicks ass, but please upgrade the database and software before the season starts to help fix the fact that the BB is so slow sometimes.

Rausch
07-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Rough translation:

That morphius guy kicks ass, but please upgrade the database and software before the season starts to help fix the fact that the BB is so slow sometimes.

If by "slow sometimes" you mean it's about as effective as the french military on free heroin day, then...yeah...yeah it's slow during games...

Der Flöprer
07-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Rough translation:

ROFL I saw most of that. Where was the kicking ass part again? ;)

4th and Long
07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Rough translation:

So Kyle is letting you move the server to your house? :D

morphius
07-05-2006, 11:04 PM
So Kyle is letting you move the server to your house? :D
That wouldn't help much, sadly. My ISP will not let me host anything. Of course it would be damn fast for me then, hehe. But then we run into the FAX issue, and there wouldn't be damn thing worth reading on it.

milkman
07-05-2006, 11:24 PM
That wouldn't help much, sadly. My ISP will not let me host anything. Of course it would be damn fast for me then, hehe. But then we run into the FAX issue, and there wouldn't be damn thing worth reading on it.

I didn't know there were any issues with FAX.

I thought he was one of our more respected and clever posters.

morphius
07-05-2006, 11:27 PM
I didn't know there were any issues with FAX.

I thought he was one of our more respected and clever posters.
No, no, silly milkman. If I was the only one posting I would have nothing but crap to read, kind of like FAX was talking about himself earlier in the thread.

Yes, FAX is one of the more entertaining poster, he has been cracking me up lately.

HemiEd
07-06-2006, 08:02 AM
It does look good, nice job and glad for your compensation increase. :D However, I can not find the old "log out" feature. I used to use that a lot. Can you point me to it please, I am sure it is there somewhere.

morphius
07-06-2006, 08:21 AM
It does look good, nice job and glad for your compensation increase. :D However, I can not find the old "log out" feature. I used to use that a lot. Can you point me to it please, I am sure it is there somewhere.
If you see the 5 arrowhead's right below the drop downs, the second one from the right is the logout button.

mac58
07-06-2006, 08:29 AM
link???

morphius
07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
link???
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143236

jidar
07-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Now maybe some day he will figure out how to spell Morpheus.
;)

HemiEd
07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
If you see the 5 arrowhead's right below the drop downs, the second one from the right is the logout button.

Thanks very much!

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry to break the news to everyone (aka nm_dbf)...

Bringing on Morphius doesn't mean we're gonna start working on the dbase and vBulletin upgrade. That's still somethign we have very little control over.

AustinChief
07-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Sorry to break the news to everyone (aka nm_dbf)...

Bringing on Morphius doesn't mean we're gonna start working on the dbase and vBulletin upgrade. That's still somethign we have very little control over.

Sort of... Morphius is looking into upgrading the BETA site and getting it to LOOK and FEEL like we want it... once that is done, I will finish the often started and never finished DB split and upgrade. If the BETA site gets to a point that everyone is comfortable with it and ready to move over... then it will take me one weekend to take the planet offline and finish.

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Sort of... Morphius is looking into upgrading the BETA site and getting it to LOOK and FEEL like we want it... once that is done, I will finish the often started and never finished DB split and upgrade. If the BETA site gets to a point that everyone is comfortable with it and ready to move over... then it will take me one weekend to take the planet offline and finish.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop! :banghead: :cuss:

Seriously, it sounds great!

:thumb:

morphius
07-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for keeping me in the loop! :banghead: :cuss:

Seriously, it sounds great!

:thumb:
We just talked about it, LOL!

hypersensitiveZO6
07-06-2006, 11:44 AM

:):clap: :holdman: :bravo: :clap: :holdman: :bravo: :clap: :holdman: :bravo: :)

Seriously take your time! It's highy appreciated. Could we have it done before the season starts you think? Would be awesome.

htismaqe
07-06-2006, 11:49 AM
We just talked about it, LOL!

What did I tell you about talking to him without talking to me first?

Inspector
07-06-2006, 11:50 AM
With skills like this you could work on computers and stuff.

Calcountry
07-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Austinchief - Thanks! Glad to see that you are happy with it!

FAX - They already doubled my pay, which oddly hasn't improved my income one iota. LOL!Thats because NEO chose the wrong colored pill.

Great job dude. :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
07-06-2006, 12:39 PM
What did I tell you about talking to him without talking to me first?

You weren't on the conf. call with the rest of us?