PDA

View Full Version : Newegg rocks!

alnorth
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I received some fantastic Customer service from Newegg (http://www.newegg.com), and figured maybe I'd help them out by singing their praises.

A long while back, in November or so, I bought a 2GB memory kit for a whopping $296. (Was advertised to be able to run at 250 MHz bus, which is decent for 2GB)

After 4 months or so, I had serious problems with this memory, blue screens everywhere, etc. Memtest86 failed with thousands of errors, so I asked for an RMA replacement. No questions, reliable as clockwork, I got a new set in about a week.

After 6 weeks of use, it started having problems again even at the basic 200MHz speeds. Memtest86 didnt reveal anything, but a cheap-o set of memory from a local store ran the computer just fine. Some research on the internet revealed that the name brand and model I had selected was renowned for problems and was recently discontinued.

At this point, according to their published return policy, a half year after original purchase and 6 weeks after replacement, Newegg could have made my life difficult if they wanted. I wasnt entitled to a refund unless they no longer had it in stock, and even then my refund amount could be depreciated according to current market value. Well, a decent set of 2GB memory is a lot cheaper than $296 these days, so I figured I would either get another copy of this junk ram, or a refund closer to $200 or so, but I went ahead and asked that they either refund me or give me some other manufacturer's memory.

Within 1 day the RMA was approved without question, and 3 days later the memory was received and Newegg agreed to send a check for the whole $296, even though they arguably did not have to.

I didnt expect that, so not only do I plan to turn around and spend my refund on a new set of memory from Newegg, but if I dont use up the $296 due to cheaper prices, I'll find something else to buy from them untill I pay the entire refund back to them.

The memory wasnt their fault, they are a dealer, not a manufacturer. In the last 3 years this is the 2nd time they have come through for me when a purchase went wrong. Newegg's stellar reputation is well-deserved, and I doubt their return policy is beatable by the competition.

Adept Havelock
07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Good deal. I've bought most of my hardware lately from Newegg, and don't have a bad word for them. A pleasure to do business with, IMO.

ZootedGranny
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I've done nearly two grand in business with Newegg over the past few years, and have never had a problem. I recommend them to anyone that asks.

Eskimo Joe
07-05-2006, 08:10 PM
This is good news, I've been planning on upgrading my system at home and will surely take a look at what they offer.

If this upgrade goes down the tubes due to bad components I'm sending Guido out to find you guys!

ragedogg69
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
ive gotten a hard drive and built an entire computer with parts from newegg. never had one problem with the parts or their service. i just wish they had a nice 10% off event so i can have an excuse to build a new computer.

DaFace
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I had a similar situation with a 2x1GB Corsiar memory kit from NewEgg. I RMA'd the memory 5 months after purchase and received a full refund. :thumb:

R&GHomer
07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I got a 256 meg refurbished ati video card about 5 months ago. I had a problem with the first one and they sent me out another one within a few days and haven't had a single problem. I was a little surprised they did it and not sure that they would again. Let alone advertise it, but very cool in my book.

jidar
07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Good to hear it.
I've bought a decent amount of stuff at Newegg myself. Had to deal with their return policy one time, and as far as I'm concerned they are bar-none the best in the business.